Sorry About That (Gaster!Sans...

By little-nabb

You worked for the newspaper, doing a simple editing job and a few other things here and there. Ever since mo... More

Reader's basic info
Pantie-Shot
YOU HAVEN'T EVEN MOVED IN YET
Wakey, Wakey, Eggs and Bakey!
Probably Won't Be Sleeping Tonight
Let's Go Out
Officially Buddies
Oh, Oh, Here She Comes
Jonathan Slater and Baba
Man's Best Friend
Dreaming the Reality
You've Been Warned
The Man Who Speaks In Hands
It's A Struggle
Shopping Incidents and Not So Innocent Questions
Patience and Justice
Old Best Friends Aren't The Best of Friends.
Darling, You're A Star!
Sick With This Feeling
Dinner Date (REWRITTEN)
sans the skeleton (REWRITTEN)
In A Different Point of View
New Parts coming out!
What's Most Important

Making Small Moments

3.9K 194 227
By little-nabb

It was a rainy day today.

You knew why people, like yourself, liked the rain. You knew the atmosphere it gave out. And usually you were all for it, the mellow and muggy day inviting you to go cuddle in a blanket and drink some tea with a good book while listening to some music. You loved that.

So after some debating, you decided to work at home today. You asked if Papyrus could take the day off, and he texted you back quickly (you exchanged phone numbers when G started living with you) saying he could. You told him to come over quickly.

You were delighted to have some hangout time with Papyrus. Sitting with him while he was working sometimes was nice, but it had holes in it. The skeleton constantly had to leave your conversations to work and get orders, which made sense. Since you didn't want to be too much of a distraction the two of you made a schedule that you would come by every Monday, Tuesday, and Friday. The days weren't special in any sort, you two just sorta picked them out. That was fine with you.

Papyrus texted you back that he would come by with some super cool comics in the next hour.

---

You were idly cleaning the house as you waited for Papyrus, when you wandered into G's room. G was a clean guy, but his room seemed to be an exception. It wasn't horrible, but you always questioned the sock pile in the corner. You didn't have the guts to touch it after the first attempt. The smell was horrible and you left it as it was, chopping it up to 'man cave things you wouldn't understand'.

When you entered his room, you didn't expect G to be inside. You raised your eyebrows as he looked up at you. He was lying on his bed, shirtless and some basketball shorts that you had never seen before on, having a book up in the air that you guessed he was reading.

"I didn't know you were home," you told him, slipping your way into his room, keeping the door open. G sat up on his bed, placing the book to the side.

"work got canceled cause of the rain." He shrugged. You began to pick up some clothes around the floor, piling them in your arm for the wash. G didn't bother to help, he just watched.

"Well, I made some plans with your brother and he's coming over. We're just going to chill and read some comics. Do you wanna join?" You invited him, heading to his closet. You frowned at how spotless it was in there. Why didn't he do that to the rest of the room..? You sighed and headed back to the door. G got up and followed, so you guessed that was a yes.

While you put the clothes in the wash, you heard loud knocking coming from the front door. You trusted that G had it handled, and continued to do your chore. You snorted. His jokes were rubbing off on you.

"HU- OH! BROTHER! HOW DELIGHTFUL YOU ARE HERE AS WELL! AND WEARING NO SHIRT!"

"heh, yep."

You went back to the living room, dusting your hands off. "Hey, Papy. I'm just going to boil some water for tea, but you guys can get started." You smiled at the two skeletons, gesturing for the couch with several blankets on it, before heading for the kitchen. "You guys want any?"

"IF YOU HAD COCO, I WOULD LOVE TO HAVE SOME! IF NOT, NO THANKS, AND I FORGIVE YOU." You snorted.

"just the usual, hon." He was really getting used to that vanilla chai, huh? You laughed at how G always insisted you make it for him, complaining 'he couldn't do it right'. You wondered if you should tell him it was different because you put creamer in, but decided against it. It was kinda cute, anyway.

You heard loud whispering (probably Papyrus) as you poured the cups. You, however, were known for your clumsiness. You tried holding the heavy kettle with just one hand, but your arm ended up shaking from the weight and you spilled the boiling water over your stomach.

"Oh, shit!" You cursed, quickly placing the kettle back on the stove, your mind saving you from another accident. The water burned on your stomach, and the shirt sticking wasn't helping. You grimaced and took the shirt off quickly, wrapping it in a ball in your hand before getting a paper towel and wiping yourself off.

"HUMAN!" You heard Papyrus from behind you and you sighed, awkwardly waving with your back to him. "ARE YOU ALRIGHT?"

"Yeah, I just got some water on me. I'm ok. I need to get a different shirt, though." You threw away the paper towels. "Papy, can you be a dear and put the cups at the coffee table? Uh, put the packet into the orange one and stir, that's your coco. And leave the black mug, I'll take care of that one." You informed him, going into the living room.

"OF COURSE, HUMAN!"

You thanked Papyrus, and headed for your room again before a voice stopped you. "why's your belly all pink?"

You looked over to see G sitting on the couch, turning with his arm draped over the couch to look at you. "I just gave myself a little burn, that's all."

"yeah, but why's it pink?"

"I.. I'll give you a lesson on human skin later, I gotta get a shirt on." You sighed, about to go for your room again. G stopped you.

"you don't have to." He winked, and you groaned. "we kinda match."

"Are you making a pun with how I burned myself? Really?"

"BROTHER! DON'T BE SO VULGAR!" Papyrus screeched from the kitchen, making G laugh. He waved you off, and you quickly headed for your room. You didn't want G's tea to get cold, so you threw on a random shirt you found at the end of your bed, pulling it over your head. You were about to leave, when you saw something yellow under the bed as well.

Ok, maybe you were just as bad as G and stuffed a bunch of crap under your bed. But at least you didn't view the mess with pride like he did. You took the yellow box out, and you were surprised to see a picture of your parents on the front.

'FAMILY ALBUM' It read on the cover. You hesitated to open it, you just stared and let it lay in your hands. You hadn't gone through this in years. Maybe it was a sign that you would find it today..?

Making your decision, you put the album under your arm and headed out of the room. You walked past Papyrus, who almost dropped the cups when he saw you. You raised a brow, but let it pass as you worked on G's drink. When you came back out, G was laughing like a maniac and Papyrus was hiding his face in a pillow, screaming.

"What's going on?" You headed for the couch, putting the cup on the coffee table with the rest and looked at the two brothers. G shakily raised his arm, and just pointed at you, still cackling. You touched your face, was something on it?

"YOUR SHIRT, HUMAN! HOW DARE YOU BETRAY ME LIKE THIS!" Papyrus cried, throwing the pillow on the floor. Your shirt?? Looking down, you stretched the material so you could read it.

It had a picture of a bone over your right side, the words next to it reading 'I FOUND THIS HUMERUS.' You frowned as you realized. You were planning on giving this to G as a christmas gift later, but you guessed you would have to buy something else.

"Anyway, guys, look what I found!" You plopped yourself down next to the two brothers, taking the blanket G had over him and draping some of it over your lap. It was big enough for the two of you. You put the album on your lap. They looked at it curiously.

"who're they?" G pointed to the picture of your parents. You smiled.

"My mum and dad. It's a family album, full of pictures and stuff. We don't have to go through it, but I thought it would be pretty fun." You shrugged, trying not to show how eager you were. You didn't know why, but you wanted to do this with them. A lot.

"I THINK THAT WOULD BE JUST FINE!" Papyrus scooted closer to you, having his own blanket practically eating him, only his skull and hand with the hot coco popping out of it. You laughed. "You up for it, G?"

"eh." He shrugged, and you opened the book. The first few pictures were your parents when they were younger, taking pictures on dates and sceneries at the beach. You turned the page, and laughed.

"WHAT IS THAT TINY THING? IT IS SO SMALL AND CHUBBY! SO MUCH SKIN!"

"That's me, Papyrus." The skeleton looked like his eyes were bulging out of his sockets, which you had no idea what to think of, because he didn't have eyes. "I wasn't always this way. I was a baby, once. Do you not know what a baby is?"

"I REMEMBER THIS... BABY YOU SPEAK OF, BUT I HAD NO IDEA WHAT THEY LOOKED LIKE!"

"Well, that's me. I think I was four months old?" You guessed. The picture was of you in small blue and yellow clothes, a henry long bill cap on your small head. You went to the next picture, and you were a little older, about maybe two years old. You were playing in the leaves with your mum.

G suddenly put a hand on the book, his eyes fixated on the picture. "so small." He commented, looking at the picture, then at you. He grinned. "you were always a cutie, huh? must run in the family."

"Oh, shush," You laughed at him, and continued going through the album.

They rest of the evening went by the same way. You went through the whole album, telling them about your friends and family while you all sipped on your drinks and cuddled together. After that, you heard stories of life underground for the brothers, most of them about Papyrus.

At one point, you were leaning against G and fell asleep on his chest. Papyrus brought up a previous statement you weren't there for, making his brother roll his eyes. They continued to bicker back and forth while you slept, but a little quieter than usual.

When the sky started to get dark, Papyrus made his leave after washing the cups and folding his blanket. You were still fast asleep on G, unmoving and lightly snoring. Papyrus made wild gestures at his bro, which got G to do the same thing, waving his hands for him to get out. If you were awake you would have laughed.

Papyrus left, and G sighed. He picked you up, awkwardly at first, before moving you around just enough that you didn't squish his bones. Carefully, he took the album with him and moved to your room, placing you on your bed.

He placed the covers over you and put the album on the nightstand. Before he left your bedside, he noticed the sticky notes on the wall. Curious, G read them, careful to not wake you.

The notes were not what he was expecting, to say the least. G took a deep breath, and put his fingers through your hair, softly petting. He stayed like that for a second, just eyeing the yellow paper in silence, before reaching out and taking each note in his hand. He left your room and shut the door quietly. Not bothering to close his own door, he flopped on top of his mattress, crumpling the pieces of paper and throwing them under his bed. G knew you didn't mean any harm, and you were no threat, but the notes made worry ache in his bones.

You weren't as dull as you seemed. You kept track of all the times someone had mentioned Sans The Skeleton. You wrote the date, time, and who said what on each piece of paper. You were on to something, and that made G worry.

He didn't want to go through this again.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.1K 1.3K 28
Based on how chaotic your life is, you can't say you're shocked to see how your day turned out to be. You barely remember how you ended up in this da...
25.2K 1K 34
WARNING: THIS CONTAINS HIGHLY MATURE CONTENT (BLOOD, VIOLENCE) READ AT YOUR OWN RISK Money can change a lot of things. It can even change your destin...
6K 157 12
Edit: I'm sorry but this book is discontinued. I lost interest in this book and I couldn't do anymore chapters. I'm sorry but I'll maybe put some cha...
1K 79 47
Yowzers, I guess my writing had to start somewhere __________________________ It all started when your best friend was pulled down into the depths o...