The Other Side Love

g_toki tarafından

I was never meant to be on the other side. I was never meant to meet him and.....I was never meant to fall fo... Daha Fazla

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Epilogue

Chapter Eight

1.2K 51 11
g_toki tarafından

Chapter Eight

Slipping into my dress, I walked over to the mirror and smiled. It fitted perfectly and I whirled around in my spot. Closing my eyes, I tried to remember the spells Kathy once used to style her hair. She would go to the library and spend hours searching for beauty spells. Wow, guess that's going to help me now.

I pulled my hair up in a neat bun and left a few strands beside my face. I rolled the strands around my finger and cast the spell, smiling as they remained curled. Putting a little mascara, that I had bought in the afternoon, and adding some blush to my cheeks, I was ready to go.

I looked down at my feet and smiled at the golden heels I was wearing. To my surprise, they were packed up along with the dress. Maybe Trevor bought them after I got into the car.

Just then, the doorbell rang and I walked across the hall to get to the front door. Trevor had already left a few hours ago and I was going with Kyle. I opened the door to find Kyle standing in an immaculate tux, his hair styled back neatly, his specks gone as he smiled at me.

"Wow," He spoke as he looked at me and I blushed. "You look beautiful," He said.

"Thanks and you look amazing too," I spoke.

He chuckled and held out his hand for me. Smiling, I put my hand in his and locked the house. We took the elevators and once outside the building, we made our way to the parking lot. A beige coloured modified sports car was waiting for us as he opened the door for me. I uttered a small thanks and got in. He got into the driver's side and started the engine.

"So what's your major in college?" I asked Kyle.

"Mechanics," He said.

"That's great," I said. "And you like cars?"

"Yeah. How did you know that?" He asked, surprised.

"Well this car is obviously modified," I said and looked at a few weird buttons on the dashboard. I won't be surprised if pressing one of them led to boosters speed up the car like crazy.

He chuckled at that. "Yeah. I'm crazy about cars,"

Reaching forward, he turned the radio on. A slow song came on and I relaxed back in the seat while he drummed his fingers on the steering wheel.

"So when you are at the party," He started speaking and I looked at him. "You can't tell anyone that you live with Trevor. You know that right?"

"Why not?" I asked, confused.

"Because they would think you guys live together,"

"Uh..but we do," I spoke.

He gave me a brief look before looking at the road again. "Leah they would think that you guys are in a relationship,"

"Oh," Then it hit me. How stupid was I? But would it be a problem if people thought that? Yeah, maybe.

"Thank God you reminded me Kyle. I would have let it slip if you hadn't," I said. "But Patrick and James know already,"

"Ofcourse they do,"

"Yeah,"

The ride went silent and soon he was pulling up into a parking lot. He stepped out of the car and before I could, he came to my side and held the door open for me. I gave him a smile as I stepped out.

The exterior of the building was beautiful and I assumed they rented halls for parties like these. We went inside and took the elevators to tenth floor, where the party was taking place.

The hall was packed and decorated really well going with the theme. There were people all around the room, some were dancing on the dance floor, some were at the tables while some were gathered near the bar and buffet. I inhaled the pleasing smell of chocolate as a smile formed on my lips.

"I can't believe this," We heard a voice and turned to find Patrick standing with his arms crossed over his chest and a frown formed on his lips, his gaze directed towards Kyle. Patrick looked really charming in his black suit.

"What?" Kyle asked.

"I wanted to ask her to be my date," He pouted like a kid and I let out a laugh.

"You look beautiful Leah," He turned to me.

"Thank you," I smiled at him.

"I can't believe I did not ask you before him," He frowned.

"Grow up man," Kyle said. "If Leah wishes, I'll let you have one dance with her,"

"Yeah right," Patrick rolled his eyes.

Just then, a girl stepped beside Patrick and we turned to her.

"Hi Stella," Kyle said and she smiled back at him. She was a tall brunette with fairly tanned skin, giving her a beautiful complexion in the yellow blue gown she was wearing.

"This is Leah, my date," He said and she smiled at me. I returned her smile.

"And Leah. This is Stella, the host of the party," Kyle introduced us.

"Hi Stella," I said.

"Hello there. You look beautiful," She gave me a compliment.

"Thank you. You look beautiful too,"

"Oh," Patrick stepped in. "And she is my date," Patrick grinned at Kyle, who seemed to be rolling his eyes as I bit back a laugh.

"Yeah right. You had to beg me to come with you," Stella rolled her eyes.

"Hey," Patrick placed a hand over his heart. "That never happened,"

"Whatever helps you sleep at night," She let out a laugh and Patrick frowned at her.

"Why don't you help me sleep at night?" Patrick smirked at her and it was such a teasing statement that I found my cheeks turning red at his words and wondered how I would have reacted if that was directed to me. Then I looked at Stella, who seemed to be blushing like crazy and still managing to throw daggers at Patrick. She turned to us, her cheeks red.

"I'll see you guys around," She said and excused herself from the group to meet other people.

"You are such a tease," I let out a laugh and Patrick turned to me. Poor Stella.

"And right now you wish you were with this tease," He smirked at me. "And not Kyle," He then looked at Kyle.

"Whatever man. Atleast I didn't beg her to come with me," Kyle said and Patrick's smirk vanished while Kyle took that as a cue to lead us into the party. I looked back to find Patrick narrowing his eyes at Kyle and I burst out laughing as we walked further.

"You left Patrick speechless there,"

"I did," He grinned at me and led me to an empty table as we sat down.

"Hey Kyle," I turned at the voice and found a blonde girl standing near our table. She had a medium frame and looked pretty in the pink gown she was wearing. I noticed that her eyes were a shade of brown as she turned to me.

"Hi Pamela," Kyle muttered in a bored tone and I turned to him.

"Who is this girl?" She asked, narrowing her eyes at me and I felt a little conscious of my appearance as she eyed me.

"She's my date Lea-"

"Whoever you are, I like your hair," She flashed me a smile.

"Uh thanks," I gave her a weak smile and relaxed back in the seat.

"But next time if you dye them according to your dress, just know that it's lame," She suddenly snapped and my eyes grew wide at the sudden change in her tone.

"What..." I trailed off.

"You're stealing my date's attention," She snapped at me. Woah!

"Okay. That's enough. Now leave her alone Pamela," Kyle snapped back at her, almost making a move to get up from his chair but she didn't need to be told twice as she left, but only after giving me one last pointed look.

"Don't mind her," Kyke turned to me.

"What was that?" I asked, still not able to comprehend the situation but as I recalled her tone, a laugh escaped my throat and soon, I was laughing like a maniac.

Kyle seemed surprised but he laughed, looking at me. "No seriously Kyle. What was that?"

"Well she was just jealous of you since you look really beautiful,"

"Pfft please," I rolled my eyes.

"I am not kidding. That's how she is," He said, seriously and I sat there in surprise. Wow, she really was weird. Thank God I did not give her a compliment. People would never do that in Epitoria. We are nice to each other. We are friendly and like to help each other. Even the prettiest girls in the school would give each other compliments and not be jealous of others. Why are people so different here? Suddenly, I missed everything of my land and wanted more than anything to just go back. I looked up and found Kyle looking at something in his phone, so I looked away at the people.

Just then, my eyes caught a familiar pair of captivating green ones, looking right back at me from across the hall. His eyes seemed to be brighter than usual as his hair were neatly styled back, yet had the sexy mess as a few strands fell on his forehead. My eyes travelled to the white shirt covering his torso and a well fitted tuxedo tremendously adding to his phenomenal look.

Realising that he was still looking at me and probably caught me checking him out, I looked up at his face as my cheeks reddened and I gave him a smile. He didn't seem to return it and I felt like a stupid for even smiling in the first place. A hand fell on his shoulder and he stepped aside, revealing a certain blonde, causing me to frown.

He turned to her, his back now to me as he talked to the girl.

"That's Trevor's date," Kyle said and I turned to him in confusion.

"His date is Pamela?" I asked, shocked.

He held back a laugh and nodded but I did not find anything funny about the conversation. Why would Trevor bring that idiot as his date? Rolling my eyes, I looked back at Kyle.

"Weird," I said.

"Right. Forget about her. Why don't you tell me about yourself Leah?"

"Like what?"

He shrugged. "Anything,"

"Okay... you know that I am still in high school and I am seventeen. Uh what else?"

"What is your favourite colour?"

"Black and red. Yours?"

"Blue. Are you single?" He asked while I was a bit taken aback by his question.

"Why else would I come as your date?"

"Right," He rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly and I let out a laugh. "It's alright Kyle,"

"Uh anyway, dance?" He held up his hand infront of me and with a smile, I placed my hand in his. He got up and we walked towards the dance floor. There were many people dancing to the slow song and I took a deep breath, remembering how bad I wanted to go to prom with Matthew. Guess, I won't get to go to prom at all.

We slowly started swaying to the music in the dim room as Kyle smiled at me. "You are a really good dancer Leah,"

"Thanks. You too Kyle,"

He let out a laugh. "Trust me. Right now I am trying my best to not step on your feet,"

I burst out laughing. "You're doing great,"

"Thanks to you," He muttered and I took a spin without warning him as his hand went above my head but he didn't bring me back to his chest and I tripped back on the dance floor.

"Woah," I fell back, Kyle's face displaying shock and I would have laughed but I knew I was about to embarass myself as I waited to touch the ground. A pair of strong arms caught me and my eyes met another pair.

"Hey there love," He grinned at me.

I let out a breath of relief. "Thanks Patrick," He lifted me up with him and smiled at me. "Pleasure's been all mine," His perfect lips lifted up into a smirk.

"I'm so sorry Leah," Kyle stepped beside us as we turned to him.

"Oh no I am sorry Kyle. It was my fault," I muttered.

"Whew. Thought you would be mad at me. And now I am done with the dancing. You wanna eat something?"

"Ofcourse. Let's go," I almost took a step to my side but realised that Patrick's arm was still around my waist. I looked up at him and cleared my throat.

He looked down at me. "Now can I have this dance?" His eyes shone in excitement and I looked back at Kyle, who seemed to be shaking his head with a laugh.

"I'll be near food now," He said and walked away from the dance floor and I looked back at Patrick, who seemed to be grinning at me. I resisted the urge to squish his cheeks between my palms. Gosh! He looked so adorable.

"Sure," I smiled at him and he tightened his hold on me, bringing me closer to his rock hard torso as I lifted my hands up to his shoulders.

"Seriously Leah. What is it with your hair?" He muttered.

"Uh...where I am from, people have hair like these," I said.

His lips pulled up into a frown and he was surely confused. "And where are you from exactly?"

I gulped. "America,"

He let out a laugh at my response. "Sure," He took my hand above my head and I took a spin.

"What? Don't you believe me?" I frowned.

"No I don't," He stated simply and I was a bit taken aback.

"Wow,"

"You are a complete mystery Leah. We don't know anything about you. You could be an undercover agent or something for all I know," His eyes grew wide playfully and I let out a laugh. He lifted me and spinned around, making me giggle and bringing me back to the spot as our bodies slowly swayed with the music.

"There are a number of possiblities," I spoke.

"Yeah like you could be an alien,"

"Or a fairy," I shrugged.

"Hey I was going to use that as a pick up line," He let out a fake cry.

"I'm already way too impressed Patrick. How about you use that on Stella?" I said, remembering how she blushed at Patrick's words. It was obvious she liked him.

"Oh don't worry about Stella. I got her wrapped around my little finger already," He smirked at me while I lifted my hand and gave a playful punch on his shoulder.

"You are impossible Patrick,"

"I know," He winked and looked behind me as his feet stopped moving and his hold around me loosened.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"Uh.....Leah. I have to go somewhere,"

I looked at him in confusion. "Sorry," He muttered but his gaze seemed to be fixed somewhere behind me as his face became tensed.

"It's okay Patrick," I said as he took a step to the side and walked past me. I turned around and caught glimpse of a furious Stella walking away from us and Patrick following behind her and within a few seconds, they both were out of my sight.

I turned to the dance floor and sighed, deciding to go and find Kyle. The dance floor was packed with couples dancing to the slow songs. A smile appeared on my face, remembering that this was exactly how I pictured prom would be.

As I walked away from the dance floor, I bumped into someone and took a step back away from the guy looking at me. He had brown hair and deep black eyes. He was about an inch taller than me and I looked up at his face.

"Brent," He brought his hand forward and I hesitantly shook it.

"Leah," I gave him a small smile.

His eyes ran across my body and I shifted uncomfortably. He seemed to notice it as he looked at my face and gave me a smile.

"Can I have a dance with you?" He held up his palm for me and I looked down at his hand. Debating if I should or should not dance with him, I finally placed my hand in his. A satisfied smirk formed on his lips as he wrapped his arm around my waist and started dancing. The dance was nothing like the one I had with Patrick or Kyle. While they were gentle, this guy roughly moved across the floor and for a second, I thought I would trip over but gladly, I did not. I was impatiently waiting for the song to come to an end as he flashed me a smile and I realised the alcohol on his breath.

I froze momentarily as his hand slipped down my waist to my ass. What the hell! My blood ran warm and I found myself completely frozen at the spot as a shiver ran down my spine. I couldn't think or do anything. But thankfully, before he could go any further, I took a step back. His eyes grew wide as he opened his mouth to say something but I turned around to walk away.

I couldn't look up at the people as the thought of them seeing what just happened bothered me. Without looking up, I made my way towards a double door. I didn't know what was behind it but all I wanted was to get out of the place.

I opened the doors and sighed in relief at the fresh air. It was a beautiful terrace garden with a few people sitting on the chairs, chatting. There weren't much people and I was glad for that.

I walked on the stoned path and made my way towards the bushes, which were completely secluded, running parallel to the railing. I leaned across it and looked down at the ground, which seemed really far from here. I took a few deep breaths to calm myself. Why would he do that?

A hand fell on my shoulder and I turned around. My eyes grew wide at the sight of the same guy from before.

"Why did you leave?" He frowned.

For a moment, I couldn't believe he just asked me that. I scowled at him. "Leave me alone," I snapped and tried to walk past him but he grabbed my hand. Once again, I froze as his hand tightly held mine.

I could feel the blood rushing to my ears and right then, I didn't know if I wanted to run away or kick him.

"Leave her alone," A deep voice called from behind me and I turned around to find Trevor standing with his fists balled up on his sides as he glared at the guy.

"What is your problem Smith?" The guy said back.

The muscles on Trevor's forehead twitched and I knew that if his gaze was directed towards me, I would be running for the hills or probably jumping off this building.

"I said Leave. Her. Alone," His teeth gritted as his gaze fell on my hand which was held by Brent. He took a step forward as I felt the grip on my hand loosen and I sighed in relief.

"I didn't know she was your date. Chill out man," Brent said and walked past me. Trevor's pointed gaze followed him to the door before it fell on me.

"T-thank you," I breathed.

He took a step towards me. I gulped as his captivating green eyes silently accused me for something. I took a step back but stopped when my back touched the railing and he stopped right infront of me, leaving hardly a few inches between us. I breathed in his scent and relaxed.

Out of nowhere, his hand reached for mine and he held it up. He looked at the red mark of Brent's grip and my cheeks flushed crimson with embarrasment. If only I was strong enough to defend myself. I took in a deep breath and his eyes locked with mine.

"Are you okay?" He asked and my lips parted in doubt. Did he really ask me that?

Surprised, I nodded. He gave a slight nod and let go of my hand.

"What did he do?" He scowled but I relaxed as that scowl was obviously for Brent.

"Nothing. We'd just reached here before you came,"

He sighed and nodded but then as if he realised something, a deep scowl took over his face. "Where the hell is Kyle?"

"Uh.."

"I can't believe he left you alone in this party," He snapped and turned around.

"Where are you going?" I asked, a bit scared of what he was going to do.

"I am going to talk to Kyle,"

"No wait. Don't-" I started following him but he immediately turned around and I bumped into him, almost falling back but he grabbed my arms and pinned me to his body, my head resting on his chest.

I took a nervous step back. "Sorry," I muttered. "As I was saying, it's not Kyle's fault. I started dancing with Patrick and Kyle left us alone. Patrick had to be somwhere and that's when that guy approached me,"

"And you danced with him?" He frowned.

"Uh...I couldn't say no,"

"Well. Why not?"

"He...I don't know....he was persuasive,"

"Why don't you jump off this building?" He snapped and I was a bit taken aback.

"Excuse me?"

"I'm telling you to and I can be persuasive," He snapped back. "Persuasive my ass," He rolled his eyes and my jaw dropped.

"Hey," I snapped. "It wasn't written on his face that he was a creep,"

"Whatever," He snapped and turned around once again.

I followed him. "Where are you going now?"

He turned around and I bumped into him once again but this time I did not fall back, instead took a step back. He crossed his arms over his chest and his lips pulled up into a smirk. My eyes fell on his lips.

"If I didn't know any better, I would think you do that intentionally,"

"Do what?" I asked, confused.

"Bumping into me,"

I let out a laugh and rolled my eyes. "Why would I do that?"

"Because you find me attractive,"

I stared at him for a moment. What was wrong with him? I surely found him attractive but there was no way I was confessing it. "Are you high?" I asked, not really being able to believe he was saying all this, or even talking to me in the first place.

"Your date complained of me stealing your attention," I smirked.

"She's delusional," He rolled his eyes but kept the smirk intact. I couldn't help but look at his perfect lips, especially when they were pulled up in a smirk like that. My insides turned in delight for some odd reason. He was acting different from his usual self. He actually seemed like a better person right then and yes, I found him a hundred times more attractive right now. I heard him clear his throat and looked up into his eyes again, only to find him with a satisfied smirk this time. Great! I like your lips! Get over it!

Annoyed, I cast a spell on a little twig from the bushes and poked him in his arm. His expression twisted into that of pain as he looked down at his arm, down at the twig lying on the ground and then back at me. Then as if it hit him, his eyes narrowed.

"Attractive my ass," I smirked at him and he frowned. Taking one large step, he was right infront of me and I found myself shifting back against the railing.

His hands locked on the railing on either side of me, caging me. I felt a tingle run down my spine as his arms touched my bare ones. I tried to get out of his reach.

"Easy there little magician," He teased me using that husky voice as butterflies erupted in my stomach. I stopped breathing as I realised the distance between us. His face was a few inches away from mine and I tried to steady my breath but made the mistake of looking up into his beautiful green eyes which were deeply focused down on my lips.

My palms became sweaty as I resisted the urge to place them on his shoulders. I bit my lower lip and his intense eyes caught mine. He leaned in, his breath fanning my cheek and I closed my eyes.

Wanting to feel his lips against mine, I leaned in closer but a wave of disappointment hit me when the warmth was snatched away from me and I felt the breeze of the night once more.

"We're leaving. Now," He snapped and I immediately opened my eyes to find him standing a little far away from me, his hands lazily buried in his pockets and an indifferent look plastered on his face as he looked at me blankly. Was I dreaming?

No! That couldn't be a dream. I felt my chest rising up and down as I took deep breaths trying to calm myself. I looked down at the ground and then towards my sweaty palms. I looked up at him again and opened my mouth to say something but he turned around.

"We're leaving Leah," A shiver ran down my spine when he said my name and I started following him involuntarily.

A frown took over my face as I contemplated what had happened. He was about to kiss me. Tingles ran down my spine at the mere thought of his lips on mine. I looked up at his well built back. Why didn't he kiss me?

We left the place without a word to each other or anyone else and the ride back to the apartment was going silent. We reached soon and once we were inside the apartment, I went to get myself a glass of water and he walked back towards the front door.

"Trevor?" I called after him but the door was shut in my face. I stood there in despair, staring at the door.

Is it something I did?

Hey guys! I know I'm updating after a really long time and I am sorry but I got busy in college.

Yeah that's right, college is on now :)

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

62K 2.5K 9
#6 in short story in 2016 He is looking for an eligible bride. So he goes to the altar with eleven brides chosen by his mother in eleven months. Unti...
5.3K 194 17
In a world colored by shattered dreams and unspoken heartaches, Ren's life was a canvas painted with Thai hues of shyness and heartbreak. He hailed f...
304K 7.6K 110
In which Delphi Reynolds, daughter of Ryan Reynolds, decides to start acting again. ACHEIVEMENTS: #2- Walker (1000+ stories) #1- Scobell (53 stories)...
129K 5.3K 19
Lian had always hated Derick's arrogantly confident manner since they met nine years ago while at university. Unfortunately her best friend was his b...