catgirl ! shattered (nightwin...

By lucyluhvs

!!UPDATED AS OF JUNE 2022!! book 2 out of 3 in my main catgirl series ─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .*... More

«intro»
«playlist»
«prologue»
«chapter two: someone's watching»
«chapter three: he's coming»
«chapter four: telling the truth»
«chapter five: getting frustrated»
«chapter six: a bomb going off»
«chapter seven: brotherly love»
«chapter eight: an intervention»
«chapter nine: training»
«chapter ten: surprises»
«chapter eleven: date night»
«chapter twelve: shadows»
«chapter thirteen: a hot guitarist»
«chapter fourteen: family ties»
«chapter fifteen: a break through»
«chapter sixteen: being benched»
«chapter seventeen: files»
«chapter eighteen: team bonding»
«chapter nineteen: secret missions»
«chapter twenty: falling»
«chapter twenty-one: missing»
«chapter twenty-two: trapped»
«chapter twenty-three: too late»
«chapter twenty-four: procedure»
«chapter twenty-five: forgetting»
«chapter twenty-six: on the move»
«chapter twenty-seven: something is wrong»
«chapter twenty-eight: breathing»
«chapter twenty-nine: trauma»
«chapter thirty: opening up»
«chapter thirty-one: visiting the devil»
«chapter thirty-two: facing the truth»
«chapter thirty-three: a weapon»
«chapter thirty-four: layers»
«chapter thirty-five: not your fault»
«chapter thirty-six: back to normal»
«chapter thirty-seven: not evil»
«chapter thirty-eight: bart's past»
«chapter thirty-nine: unexpected help»
«chapter forty: debriefing»
«chapter forty-one: surprises»
«chapter forty-two: a special day»
«chapter forty-three: Shattered»
«chapter forty-four: staying grounded»
«chapter forty-five: the plan»
«chapter forty-six: potential relapse»
«chapter forty-seven: the final battle»
«epilogue»

«chapter one: what are we»

10.4K 290 258
By lucyluhvs

___________________

___________________

CATGIRL'S POV

I jump up in my bed, my head whipping around as my eyes scan the room, before realize I'm in my room. I run my eyes, shaking away the dream I had.

My dream was more of a memory than a dream. It was the last time Robin and I fought, right before Ben died. We were about 14 at the time.

I hug my legs to my chest and breathe out a long breath. it wasn't a bad dream, but the falling at the end? that didn't happen. i don't know what that was, who grabbed me, but that didn't happen.

After a few more moments, I climb out of bed and look around, slightly confused. The last thing I remember is watching a movie with Artemis, Wally, and Dick. So, why am I here? And dressed in shorts and a t-shirt?

I shake my head and start to get ready. I stop when I find a note on my desk.

_________

You fell asleep, so I brought you home. I figured you didn't want to sleep at the Cave or in your suit. I told Selina and she said she would help you change, see you tomorrow. ~ Dick
p.s. You are a liar!

_________

I smile a little as I shake my head before I finish getting ready and run downstairs to eat some cereal.

"Good morning," Selina says as she sets down two bowls on the floor feeding the cats.

"Good morning," I say as I pour the cereal and then the milk and grab a spoon. I turn to face her as I take a spoonful and stuff it in my mouth.

"So, are you and Nightwing better or did he drop you off because he was sick of you?" She asks smirking, eyeing me for my reaction.

I swallow another spoonful before I say, "We are fine now."

I didn't mind her asking, it's just I didn't know myself what exactly we were. we didn't label it and who knows if we won't piss each other off by the end of the day and go back to hating each other?

"Just fine? Because imagine how shocked I was to open your door and find him holding you in his arms." She replies before adding, "His face was priceless, had a guilty look on it and everything."

"We watched a movie and I fell asleep. " I shrug, trying not to think about how he must have looked because I know I would smile.

"You never fall asleep when you watch a movie. At least not with just anyone." She says tauntingly sending me a suggestive look as I keep eating.

"I was just really tired." I defend, finishing my cereal and putting it in the sink.

When I face her again she gives me a 'really' look, "You don't trust people enough to fall asleep." She points out.

That is true. It took me a long time to be able to sleep period after everything that went down, and took me a while to even sleep with Selina in the same room. "Well, I trust him. We made up yesterday, ok?" I laugh trying to make her drop it.

"Knew it, you were too smiley." She states a walks away as if she weren't just grilling me for information.

I stare at where she disappeared, "I am not." I mutter.

"Yes, you are!" She calls making me sigh and bite back a smile.

I shake my head before I slip out of the window and grab Biscuit before I start swinging to the Zeta-tubes. I haven't spent a lot of time with Biscuit so I figured I would bring him.

'Recognize: Catgirl-B26
Override-Biscuit'

I walk into the Cave, looking around before I realize who I automatically started looking for and almost laugh at myself. He isn't here in the main room so I check to see if M'gann is awake.

Biscuit runs off and I let him as I head to the kitchen and find M'gann making breakfast.

She looks up and smiles,"Good morning, Catgirl!"

I smile at her cheeriness, "Good morning, M'gann. You know you can call me Brooklyn or Brooke." I add.

She nods and smiles, "Great, Brooke," She says testing it out before she continues, "Were you looking for Nightwing?" She asks.

"Umm, not really," I say out of habit of wanting to hide what I am actually thinking. "Do you want me to help?" I change the subject, not really wanting to talk about myself anyways because I have a feeling she will ask more question about him.

"Sure! Can you make the bacon?" I nod and grab the packs of bacon before I put them in the pan and start to flip them.

When they are ready I say," Done," and put them on a plate.

"Perfect, you can put them over there. I will go get Beastboy." She instructs before she flies out of the room.

"Ok." I mutter and start to clean up the mess, wiping the counters off.

A strong arm wraps around me, making me jump slightly. Warmth sparks in my body and I know who it is.

"You are a liar, you know that?" He whispers in my ear, making a shiver run down my spine as his breath hits my neck.

"First I was a jewel-thief, now a liar? What next?" I ask turning to look at him, his arm still around me.

"I have a few ideas." He grins, "but I will get back at you for the movie." He promises.

I let out a laugh, but stop seeing his serious face, my face falling, "Are you serious?"

"You will find out." He smiles cheekily, making my eyes widen as he cackles at my reaction.

"I haven't heard that laugh in forever," M'gann remarks as she walks in, making Nightwing drop his arm from my waist, but she already saw it. "Umm... So..." She nods to us.

"Umm-" Beastboy walks in cutting Nightwing off from whatever he was going to say. I actually wouldn't mind hearing how he was going to respond to that one.

"Hey, Beastboy," I cover smiling at the boy as I maneuver around Nightwing. He smiles at me and takes his pancakes.

"Hey!"

"I am going to work on my bike," Nightwing announces as he rubs his neck. I nod to him and Beastboy thankful fails to notice.

But M'gann doesn't.

M'gann watches as he leaves, "Are you two..."She asks in my head trailing off as she looks to me.

I am thankful she decided to not say anything in front of Gar, and decided on the more private option.

"Umm, no. I don't know...maybe? No." I stutter despite it being my own brain, making me mentally facepalm.

She grins,"Well, tell me when you know." She laughs," I haven't heard him laugh like that in a while."

"Me either, I used to hate it." I admit before I say, "I guess it wasn't really the laugh as much as I was supposed to hate him." I shrug. I actually find it cute now, but won't admit it to M'gann or to him for that matter.

She seems to understand,"Yeah, well I am going to be out shopping. Garfield has class here in a few minutes, and everyone else is at school or out." She tells me.

"Ok." I smile and she smiles back before she grabs her own plate.

She starts eating, "Do you want some? We have plenty."

I shake my head, "I just ate, but thanks." She nods and starts cleaning everything up after Gar runs out of the room to get ready for school.

I look around, concern flashing through me for a second, "Did you see where Biscuit went?" I ask.

She frowns, "No, do you need help-"

"I've got it, I am sure he is fine," I smile at her again, "Thank you, M'gann, I appreciate it."

She smiles and nods, and I know she knows that I mean for everything she has done, not just for offering to help me look for my cat.

I walk around the Cave trying to find him, and can't help but be confused. He doesn't do this very often, so where is he?

"Biscuit?" I call out again and again before I finally want into the garage, the last place I look

"Not Biscuit, but I did see him a little while ago." Nightwing says not looking up from his bike. "He came to visit me."

I lean down beside him in a crouch,"Oh really?"

"Yeah, we had a lovey talk." He replies in a normal tone as if he didn't just admit he talked to a cat.

"About?" I ask with a grin and put my hand on his shoulder to balance. Not really, I just wanted an excuse.

He turns his head to look at me and smiles, "You."

"Really? What did he say?" I raise an eyebrow, a small smile tugging on my lips.

"Meow. Now, I don't know exactly what that means, but he went on and on about it. So I bet it was you. " He explains in a very serious tone.

I laugh, "And where did he say he was going?"

"Don't know, he meowed then left." He laughs with me.

"So much help." I tease.

He gives me a fake look of hurt, "I thought I was."

"Umm, I don't know." I say starting to get up.

Before I can turn to leave he grabs my hand, "Where are you going?" He asks.

I turn and sit back down next to him," I was going to find Biscuit."

"Want my help?" He asks.

I smile, "I can find him," I reassure him and try to stand back up, but he still has my hand. I look down at his hand and bring my eyebrows together in confusion. "Can I find him?" I ask laughing.

"I want to help." He gets up and drags me out of the room.

"You just don't want to work on your bike," I say, narrowing my eyes at him.

"Maybe that's also true." He admits as he pulls me along.

We walk in silence for a few moments before I speak up. "Thanks for taking me home, last night."

"No problem. You seemed really tired, so I didn't see any reason to wake you up when I could take you home." He says with a shrug, and we fall back into a comfortable silence.

Even though he wasn't look at me, I could tell he was thinking about something by the slight twitch in his jaw.

I shake it off and call out,"Biscuit?"

"Meow."

I look behind us and there he is. I stop and look at Nightwing, putting a hand on my hip, "He was following us the whole time."

"You don't know that! He could have just started to follow us." Nightwing defends, looking at the cat closely.

I shake my head and pick him up, rubbing his chin so he purrs loudly.

"What did M'gann say?" He finally asks.

I put Biscuit down and look up at him, realizing the thinking was him being nervous. "She asked if we were, you know, together." I shift, slightly uncomfortable because I don't know what he is going to say.

"What did you say?" He presses.

"I said I didn't know." I state the truth, making him go quiet.

He takes a deep breath before he says, "What did you want to say?" He asks hesitantly.

I know what I want, but it can't happen. Not with Rogue watching me. I bite my lip,"I don't know...what if-"

He cuts me off, "If we lived normal lives... what would you say?" He asks lowering his voice as he steps closer to me.

I look down,"We don't-"

He cuts me off again," If we did." He takes my hand and intertwines our fingers, making my stomach flip slightly at his actions.

"Yes." I say almost above a whisper before I look up to his face, not failing to notice it was only a nose length away. His eyes are already studying me. "What would you say?" I ask.

"Yes." He answers easily and adds, "So, we both agree."

I cock my head to the side and smile, "Yeah, I guess so."

He cups my cheek with his free hand and presses his lips against mine as I wrap my arms around his neck, playing with his raven-haired hair at the nape of his neck.

I can't help but smile into the kiss, feeling like I haven't let myself be truly happen in a long time. And the team and him? They make me feel happier than I have been in such a long time.

He drops his hand at my cheek and grabs my waist to bring me closer as I tilt my head up, feeling him smile too.

My lungs burn for air as we pull away, our breathing slightly labored as we grin at each other like the cheshire cat.

"Meow." I hear an annoyed meow from the side.

We both look to Biscuit, who had his eyes narrowed at Nightwing as his tail flicks. "I told you that talk was about you. And now he is angry." He whispers in my ear with a fake scared tone.

I giggle, "Good lucky with that, he is everywhere," I say dramatically, causing him to push me lightly, his face falling.

I laugh at his expression, causing him to glare playfully at me, "Don't laugh at me." He says as he leans his head on mine.

"Meowww." Biscuit flicks his tail again and turns to leave.

"You made my cat mad." I state as I look at his masked eyes.

"Well, I think he just doesn't like watching us. So now, I have to wait for him to leave just kiss my girlfriend. Not fair." He huffs, his grip on my tightening.

I smile when I hear 'girlfriend'. "Yup, not fair."

Before he can get away, I look at him and say, "I think we need some ground rules though."

his eyebrows shoot up at this, "Ground rules?"

"yes," I nod. "I don't think we should tell the team. I think we should just try to keep things the way they were, and keep it less personal."

He nods, "I mean, I agree. I don't exactly think us announcing we are dating would destroy the team, but-"

"That's not what I mean," I laugh, causing him to grin, "I mean I just want things to be kind of the same. Not the part where you don't trust me and-"

"Are you going to keep bringing that up?"

"Yes," I state in a dead plain voice before I say, "Anyways, I just don't want anything else to be complicated, I just want this to be ours for a little while. I mean, half of them already know, and I don't care if we tell anyone, but I just don't want them to look at us differently. And I don't want you pulling me from missions because you are worried."

He crosses his arms, "Like you aren't worried about me on missions?"

I was and I got stabbed.

I'm not going to tell him that though, maybe another time.

"Well, I don't have the authority to take you off missions, so it's different." I cross my arms, mirroring his stance.

"Is not."

"Is too!"

"Is not."

"Look, I'm serious," I say, causing him to smile mischievously as he grabs me and pulls me closer.

"Whatever you say," He mutters, his nose brushing against mine.

"So you are agreeing?" I ask putting my hands on his chest.

"Yes," He agrees, and just as he tries to lean down again, I push him off of me. "Hey!"

"You pissed off Biscuit."

________________________________

A/N:
____
sorry this is a day late!
favorite teen titan?

_____________
thanks for reading, don't forget to vote & comment !!

xoxo, author

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20.4K 440 61
All her life Robin had always been the geeky girl with her head stuck in a comic, she had few friends and a small family consisting of a kitten and a...
919 2 24
Melissa Wayne is a 14 year old girl originally from LA. Her uncle happens to be Billionaire playboy, Bruce Wayne. Which means her cousin (and best fr...
114K 3.5K 56
This story is a sequel to "Who We Are [Damian Wayne x Reader]," so you have to read that book first in order to understand the story. You can click m...
92.8K 4K 57
Now calling herself "Jade," a girl must delve into the risky business of cat burglary in attempts to keep her sister safe from a dangerous past. As t...