Ears I Never Had (BWWM)

Autorstwa melaninjaye

Mackenzie Young has always been forced to not "do her". Mackenzie has had life planned out for her every sinc... Więcej

Chapter 1: This is L(IT)
Chapter 2: Sparkle & Snapchat
Chapter 3: Who Am I?
Chapter 4: Fitting In
Chapter 5: Plots, Plans, and Partners in Crime
Chapter 6: Freshie Fun
Chapter 7: Uber Everywhere
Chapter 8: Read Receipts and Job Interviews
Chapter 9: In-n-In
Chapter 10: Sweet Santa Barbara
Chapter 11: Omega Oil
Chapter 12: Points Made and Proven
Chapter 13: Cracking Shells
Chapter 14: Hunger Pains
Chapter 15: Keep the Family Close
Chapter 16: Lost and Saved
Chapter 17: Start of Forever
Chapter 18: Now All This
Chapter 19: Promises Made
Chapter 21: Grateful Gifts
Chapter 22: Man of The Hour
Chapter 23: Meet the Carters Part One
Chapter 24: Meet the Carters Part Two
Chapter 25: Carter Christmas
Chapter 26: Never Leave
Chapter 27: The Boyfriend Tag
Chapter 28: Goal Accomplished
Chapter 29: Unexpected Guests
Chapter 30: Going MIA
Chapter 31: Perfection
Chapter 32: At Fault
Chapter 33: Wishes
Chapter 34: Self Harm
Chapter 35: Seven Days
Chapter 36: All in the Family
Chapter 37: Facing Nightmares
Chapter 38: Xavier's Ways
Chapter 39: Clues and Missed Messages
Chapter 40: Free and Now Locked Up
Chapter 41: Guilty (or Nah)?
Chapter 42: Ears I Never Had
Sequel: Eyes I Never Forgot

Chapter 20: Sick

607 23 16
Autorstwa melaninjaye

Two weeks later....
First Week of December

Bres 😘👂🏽: Think I'm catching a cold babe, I feel like shit, I won't be in class today. Already emailed my profs and said they can give you my work 😘🤒, come see meeeeee....

I rub my eyes and yawn as I get up and out of my bed reading my text messages. Aww my baby, I don't have work today so I'll go over there after class. Bres gave me a key to his place and he had a key to mine. I trusted him with my life and felt like I needed his safety now.

I had gotten two more text messages last week. I lied to Breslin and went to the police, but they told me the numbers were from burner phones and untraceable. Something could only be done if Xavier broke the current restraining order already implemented in the state of Georgia. The officers told me not to worry about it like it didn't matter. So my life didn't matter, ok.

I told Ms. Clark and she was more worried about the current state of my relationship with my mother. We haven't spoken since that day after Thanksgiving and to be honest, I wasn't tripping. I felt like I could breathe and someone wasn't controlling my every mood. However, my Mom cut off my credit card and car insurance, but this was the exact reason why I had gotten a job and my own credit card. Financially, I was doing ok though. So, if she thought I would call and beg, she thought wrong.

Ms. Clark said she told both of us we need to stop being so stubborn. No, we need to stop paying you for your bullshit ass therapy. I told her about my winter break plans and she said she was surprised at the changes I was making. I changed my major as well. What the fuck was UCLA going to do, send my Mom a notice? No it didn't work like that.

I was scheduled to take journalism, communications, and media courses next semester and I was too excited. Breslin helped me make that decision. "It's your life babe, your Mom's name isn't going be on your degree". He was the biggest support system. He made my depression seem non existent most days.

That reminds me of one of my YouTube subscribers comments'. I was filming a hair tutorial and Breslin's lanky arms and long legs walked behind and I rolled my eyes when he ducked down to get his shoes and kissed my cheek. It looked cut so I just cut it in as a blooper before editing the rest.

90sxRayne: Mack, is that your boyfriend?! I think I saw him on your IG! You should do the boyfriend or couples tag! Love your videos!

I was going ask him to see what he thought. I know he was probably overworked with his classes, Presidency, pledging, and still managing to be a great boyfriend. Bres was attentive, caring, and an overall gentleman. I was seriously thinking about letting him officially have all of me and taking in all of him literally.

I text him back and sent him a quick Snap of myself about to get in the shower saying feel better. He replied via Snapchat in his bed poking that juicy lip out, "You just made it worse, now I got blue balls Kenz". I laughed before getting ready to head to class. It was the last week of classes before finals and I had three exams to study for, two papers to finish, and a project to complete. Sparks' was planning a sleepover cram session at her house this weekend.

I got through my class day Breslin-less and the crew teased me when we were in Hip-Hop Music class. Dr. Lamar dismissed us, "Alright everyone, I expect your playlists and papers to be turned via TurnItIn by next Wednesday". I told the crew I'd catch them later because Breslin was sick. Ant was staying over at Ty's because basketball season was in full swing and he couldn't afford to get sick.

I drove over to Breslin's house but not before stopping at Target to get some flu essentials and some stuff to make soup. I parked, went to their apartment, and went to their floor, and I stopped and saw Courtney storming out of the boys' apartment. She was buttoning up her jacket in a hurry; she looked up , saw me and smirked before leaving down the other stairwell.

No. He wouldn't. Not my Breslin. He said he wouldn't hurt me, lie to me, or hide shit from me. Then again, I couldn't put nothing past anyone because I wasn't holding up our promise with him.

I got a text from Breslin just as I was two doors away from his apartment.

Bres 😘👂🏽: Babe, you going have to whoop Courtney's ass. I can't put my hands on a woman, but she not understanding that I'm a happily taken man.

Wow, here I am jumping to conclusions and also hiding secrets and he's keeping it real with me.

I opened the apartment door with my key and found my baby pacing looking pale in the face and red in the nose. "Babe, man sit down and let me tell you what just happened. I'm sitting here dying and playing the game, and someone started knocking on the door. Next thing I know-" I put the bags on the table and cut him off by reaching up on my tippy toes to kiss him. "Kenz, you going get sick stop. Let me finish".

"It doesn't matter Bres, I know you didn't do nothing with her. I trust you". I already felt sick on the inside because of the secret I kept. I didn't want him worrying about me. I was however going to have to check a Becky with some good hair named Courtney.

He kind of looked bewildered at my response, "Wow. I thought you were going come in here swinging at me. That broad is delusional." He grabbed my hands. "Hey, I know it's way too early to say the deep shit, but I really got feelings for you Kenz". He put his head to mine and he was burning up and clammy.

I jump back slightly, "Geez Bres, baby go take a shower. I'll put some clothes on your bed". I paused before saying, "I really have feelings for you too B. Now go, I'm going be in the kitchen". He gave me a light smile before going to his bathroom. I laid him a clean tee, some sweats, and comfy socks before I changed into a shirt and boxers of his.

I then went to the kitchen and began making my Dad's famous "Ahh-Choo Chicken Noodle Soup" with all types of spices and pepper to sweat and run a cold out. Breslin came into the kitchen looking refreshed and sounding really stuffy, "Anything new from class babe?" Blowing his nose loudly into the Kleenex, he look cute, but congested.

"Just Professor Cole wants us to finish our poetry books and with Dr. Lamar, same thing. Go sit in the living room, I'll be right there". The soup was basically done, and I poured him a bowl and cup of cold Gatorade.

By time I got to the living room, Breslin was laid out on the couch playing NBA2K17 on his XBox One. "C'mon Steph, you gotta make these 3's like you do in real life!" He looked so frustrated it was funny, and I looked and saw he was up 9 points already.

"Alright the third Splash brother, controller down, eat". Bres rolled his eyes, then switched to his DVR to turn on a Starz show called Power that he got me hooked on. "Oooh, turn this up ".

He sucked his teeth before eating spoon after spoon of soup. "This is good, a little hot, but good". He was already sweating so, I knew it was working. "Babe, you thought anymore about coming to Oakland with me for Christmas? I'm not rushing, just asking".

"Uhm yea, I have". I paused to give him some suspense. "I want to go, but only if it's ok with your family". He practically jumped on top of me on the couch.

"Of course, as many boyfriends as Lori has brought home before she married Zerin, they better not say anything. Besides, I kind of already told them you were coming". He gave me an innocent smile before going back to his soup.

"What?!" I shrieked and Breslin seems unbothered.

"Don't worry babe, they'll love you just as much as I lo-" he stopped himself. "-like soup that doesn't make me sweat like a preacher. What the fuck did you put in here?" He was slightly red and it was funny.

"You can breathe now though huh?" He had to think for a moment like he knew I was right. He ended up sweating through his clothes and went to change into a tank and some shorts. We ended up cuddling on the couch despite Breslin's many protests that I would get sick. We were watching a movie called  before Breslin thanked me. I asked him why.

"For taking care of me, it means a lot. Just simple TLC, I remember one time I had a really bad cold, and my old foster Mom just threw me a cough drop. So, thank you". I had to kiss him and he didn't suck in his lips this time. "I'm so happy you going be with me on Christmas, used to hate it, now it's my favorite holiday. I'm finally done shopping; I know you going love my gift". He gave me a big smile before pecking my lips again.

Oh shit. I haven't even thought about Christmas gifts. To be honest, I'll probably only get gifts for Breslin, the crew, Momma Em and maybe Professor Cole. He really is awesome and I cannot wait to take his media class next semester. I'm not getting my Mom a gift, I know that much. Should I get his family gifts?

"You are a gift Breslin". I began kissing him on the couch and straddling his lap. He grabbed my ass while I wrapped my arms around his neck.

"Stop babe, don't be mad if I get you sick". As I began kissing his neck. Bres started rubbing my back and I hopped off his lap about and was put my hand in his shorts, when I got a phone call. "Fuck!" Breslin huffed. It was from a Unknown number. I didn't answer and let it go to voicemail. "Why you didn't take that babe?" He said with a raised eyebrow.

"Because I'm with you. Not important right now". He gave me a skeptical look before kissing me on my forehead.

"Alright, can you stay over tonight? I don't want to be alone? You work tomorrow?" I shook my head no before he got up, lifted me up, and we walked to his bedroom. He laid down and I excused myself to the bathroom. I listened to the voicemail and it was weird. I just heard breathing and a chuckle at the end. That's it, I'm going to change my number tomorrow. Why won't he just leave me alone?

"Who babe?" I jumped because Breslin scared the shit out me. He was looking at me normally, and started reaching for the box of tissue.

"You silly. You won't go lay down, I could have brought you some tissue". Whew that was close.

"I was getting lonely. C'mon. I'm holding you in my quarantine for the next 24 hours". We went to his room and he leaped in his bed like a 5-year old. I couldn't help but laugh. "What other way do you get in a bed?

"Like a normal human being". I sat down next to him and we got under the covers. I took a picture of Breslin cuddled near my chest watching SportsCenter while I faced front for a selfie of me rolling my eyes. I uploaded it to Instagram and put lyrics from Dreezy's latest song with T-Pain called "Close to You".

@mackinhangin:  "This ain't the same with him, I get a better feeling", taking care of sick Boo Boo Bear 😷🐻💙 (He hates that name lol)

Instantly, my phone was going off with likes and comments. "Well damn, Ms. Poppin, pass me my phone, let me see if I got any messages". I walked over to his dresser and got his phone for him before returning back to the bed and my own phone.

I went back to the picture and started looking at comments. One struck out to me.

xmarksyourspot: That nigga will never be me....

Just then, I heard, "What the fuck?" I jump back scared and said what. "The fucking Warriors lost. Only their 3rd game this season. Fuck!" This boy and his basketball. He was looking at the TV, but had his phone in his hand. I was worried so I quickly deleted the comment, reported and blocked the person behind that username. I had went to the profile and it has 0 posts and 0 followers. A definite lurker. The police already didn't help me, but this was getting out of hand. "You ok babe? You're kind of jumpy".

"Yea Bres, I'm fine. Just a little tired". He looked at me for a minute before kissing my forehead, grabbing my phone, putting it down next to his and making us lay down.

"You sure Mack? Your heart is beating like crazy, anything on your mind?"

Just tell him Mackenzie, just tell him.....

"Well, just finals, the Toys for Toddlers event, and meeting your family". Ok that wasn't a lie and omitting the truth isn't technically lying.

Breslin just held me tighter while drifting off to sleep, "Don't worry babe. Everything will be just fine".

I took a moment to reply, but by then he was already lightly snoring behind me. "I hope so baby, I hope so". Breslin wasn't the only one sick, so was Xavier, and so was I. Sick to my stomach.

-------------------

Thanks for the reads and comments!
Comments are really appreciated!

Just want to let you know the timeline for the next couple of chapters....
Crew Christmas/End of Finals, Toys for Toddlers Event, Going to the Bay

Sorry if I'm jumping ahead in time a lot or my chapters are dry!
After the Bay, things will heat up!

Wattpad kind of tripping, so sorry if chapter is cut off, I write on my phone and laptop!

Czytaj Dalej

To Też Polubisz

3.5M 107K 65
❝ I don't have time to waste thinking about a boy who will only destroy my future,❞ I say getting closer to him with every word, maybe a little too c...
11K 581 77
Violet Evans has suddenly been thrown into the process of figuring out who she is. During her newfound chapter of college experiences unfolding, she'...
1.1K 430 23
Royalty. Romance. Adventure. We can't have it all, but that doesn't stop us from fighting for a chance, even when we don't intend. "Am I Your Queen"...
240 16 9
•Klea Carpenter just got accepted in her dream university, where her best friend studies as well. Everything goes smooth until one day, her rival is...