Breaking Free

بواسطة OrWhateverrr

Taking care of her 4 year old nephew and all by herself, Kaia takes a task. Soon she reunites with her deceas... المزيد

|01.|
|02.|
|03.|
|04.|
|05.|
|06.|
|07.|
|08.|
|09.|
|11.|
|12.|
|13.|
|14.|
|15.|
|16.|
|17.|
|18.|
|19.|

|10.|

701 42 32
بواسطة OrWhateverrr

[Kaia.]

Once the doctor told me that my sister didn't make it, I started to cry harder than I was before.

This is all my fault. I shouldn't have went to that house, I shouldn't have talked to John, and I shouldn't have tried to hit John.

I can never forgive myself because I made stupid choices and now my innocent sister is gone.

Poor Jayson isn't gonna grow up with a mom. The doctor let me go into the room where they had Kayla's body.

"H-hi Kay." I showed a closed-mouth smile when deep down I wanted to bust out and cry some more.

Sitting down in a chair and moved it closer to Kayla's bed. "You know that I miss you already? We weren't really on the best terms when all of this happened but I don't care. I'm sorry for being so rude to you the last time you were at my house."

"But Jayson will be okay down here, he's gonna stay with me since he has no where else to go." I sighed. "Man, you and Cameron just want me to have all the kids." I lightly laughed trying to lighten the mood.

"I love you Kay and make sure to say hey to Cam up there for me." I got up then kissed her cheek.

When I left the hospital, I felt better about myself because said goodbye to Kayla the right way.

"Auntie Kai!" Jayson yelled as I came into my mama's house. Picking him up and putting him on my hip, I kissed his cheek.

He faced me, showing me a smile. It kills me how much he resembles Kayla. The curly hair, always having a positive attitude, just everything.

"Where's mommy?" As soon as he said that, made me feel so bad for him.

"Uh, well you know about Heaven right?" I walked us into the living room where my mom was watching Wendy Williams and Malachi was playing with a small basketball.

"Yes." He told me as we sat down.

"So, um, things happened and your mommy is now an angel in Heaven." Once I said that, he didn't have a look of sorrow or anything. I was so surprised. "You're okay with that?"

"Yeah, I am. She's in a better place plus she has wings now! I wish I had wings so mommy's lucky!" I could've help but laugh at my adorable nephew.

I'm surprised that he's not sad or upset but then again I'm not. He's only four, so I wouldn't expect him to feel some type of way.

"Hey mama." My mom finally looked at me then smiled.

"Hi Kai." I got up to hug her. "So it's true? One of my other kids are gone?"

I sighed while nodding. Her eyes got glassy but she just wiped them with her hands.

"Stay safe for me, Kaia. I don't want any of my other babies leaving, ya hear me?" I nodded then we changed the subject.

----

We just arrived at home with another member of the household. I don't have a problem with Jayson staying here but I just don't know how I'm gonna handle two kids.

"Jay, I have to get your room ready for you so you have to sleep with Mal." I told him.

"Okay!" He gave me a small smile then ran with Malachi to his room.

I sat on the couch, remembering that August is in the hospital. I'm pretty sure that Kayla was in the same hospital as him so now I feel bad that I didn't visit him.

I'll just go see him some other day.

[Gianna.]

Ace came into my bedroom looking dazed as hell. He collapsed on the bed next to me and started to laugh.

"Uh, you okay babe?" I asked raising an eyebrow.

"I'm just PERFECT!" He shouted then did a Wiz Khalifa laugh.

Biting my lip so I won't laugh with him, I snuggled under him. Then the smell of perfume hit me.

"Why the fuck do you smell like perfume, Ace?" I got up and then put my hair up, getting ready to fight.

"Chill Gi, I was at my mama's house." He said. I squinted my eyes to see if he was lying or not but he looked like he was telling the truth.

Rolling my eyes, I fell back onto the bed. "Hey babe!" Ace called.

"What?"

"Come help me take my boots off!" He started to bang his Timberland's together.

"Boy, you know how to take your shoes off." I giggled.

"Nooo, I can't! I'm only 4!" He started to bang his shoes even louder. "Get it? Knockin' the boots!" He started to laugh hard as fuck.

"Did you get something to drink, babe?" I asked scrunching up my face as he blew his hot, alcoholic breath.

"Yessss the fuck didddd!" He shouted then coughed.

Rolling my eyes, I turned around then tried to fall to go to sleep. This is gonna be a long night.

[August.]

Hearing my hospital room door open, I picked my head up and seen it was Avery.

"Oh hey babe." I forced a smile then yawned since I just woke up from a nap.

"Awww my baby!" She cried and ran up to me. She has been doing the same shit over and over again since I've been in here. It's getting old.

"Are you okay? Does your back hurt? Do you need me to fluff your pillow? Maybe you nee-"

"I'm aight, Av." I told her. She nodded really fast then got on my bed, making me squished as fuck.

Avery took a picture of us and posted it on Instagram. I gave her a straight face but just didn't say anything. I don't feel like dealing with her attitude.

Nurse Elise walked in the room with my dinner. She set it on the tray that was in front of me.

"Bon appetite, August!" She laughed. "I made sure that the chef cooked up something good for you. Your back in is pain, your stomach doesn't need to be too."

I laughed with her,"Thank ya, Elise." I looked at my macaroni and cheese, greens, and baked chicken. Even though I don't like baked chicken like that, I could still eat it.

"No problem, is your back okay? You need an extra pillow?" She asked.

"Actually yes I do." I gave her a smile.

In the corner of my eye, I see Avery crossing her arms with a mad look on her face.

Now I ain't mean to make her feel jealous but Elise is genuinely nice and doesn't ask so many questions, unlike Avery.

Once Elise put another pillow behind me, she made sure that I was okay before leaving.

While I was eating, I felt Avery piercing her eyes at me. "Is thea' a reason why ya starin'?"

"So when I ask you if you're alright, you just wanna lie and say you are but when Miss Thang came up in here, you're all sore and shit."

"It's not even like tha-"

"Am I not pretty enough? Do I not fulfill your wishes? Do you even love me, Aug?" Her eyes started to tear up.

Thinking about breaking up with her right now came to my mind. Once I was about to say something, she cut me off.

"Just so you know, I'm pregnant."

~~

Dun, dun, dun!

But just like Kaia, I am dealing with a lost right now too. So my mom gave away her car that she's had since I was a baby, guys 😭 I've never been so sad.
#RipAshleyTheCar💓

And guess what! There's gonna be a new story coming soon, maybe even this week😛!

Sorry if there's any mistakes, I didn't proofread.

Vote, Comment, Share, & Enjoyyy!

-YungBeauty😋💙

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

448K 23.8K 48
Iyasia is 20 years old and surviving for her and her 12 year old sister. With the death of their parents and their dad never being just that .. A dad...
5.6M 169K 81
After almost failing out of Dental School, August returns to Atlanta willing to do whatever it takes to make things right with the only person who c...
78.8K 2.6K 21
Alana has just moved to Atlanta. Starting a new life leaving behind her troubled past, she meets August a local street hustler with dreams. August ho...
114K 3.2K 42
Series in order ♥ { • My Brother Bestfriend } { • This Thing Called Life } { • This Is Our Life } [ This is the first book of the three book series...