The Griffin's Lightning (A Fl...

由 deEds01

To understand what I'm about to tell you, you need to do something first... you need to believe in the impos... 更多

chapter 1
chapter 2-Wake up
chapter 3- Nate
chapter 4- Face plant
chapter 5- Controlling the weather
cHapTeR 6
cHapTeR 7- FiReMan
cHaPtEr 8
cHapTeR 9-Confession
cHaPTer 10 - Responsability
cHApTEr 11
ChApTEr 12 ~ Doughnuts and Death
cHapTeR 13
cHapTEr 14~ Things You Can't Outrun
cHApTeR 15 ~ Oh Mist eye of the Mountain Below
ChApTEr 16~ The Past and Pancakes
CHaPteR 18 Twizzlers and Trivia
ChAPteR 19 ~ I'm Batman
cHaPteR 20 ~ Let it Go , Elsa
cHaPtEr 21~ I like warm hugs
ChAPteR 22 ~ Kaboom
ChAptEr 23 Nightmares
cHapTeR 24~ Big Bullies
cHapteR 25~Bullie Backstories
cHaPteR 26~Iron Man ?
cHapTEr 27~ Crispy like Bacon
ChAptER 28~Tick Tock goes the clock
ChaPtEr 29 ~Running Interogations
ChApTEr 30~ A Major Case of the Feels , like seriously !!
cHaptEr 31: Braless and Boomerangs
ChAPtER 32 ~ Rotten Tomatoes , or whatever , something red !!!
ChAptEr 33~Messed up Relationship stuff
ChaptER 34 ~The man in the yellow suit
cHaPtEr 35
AN (Not an update)
Chapter 36~Filler
Chapter 37
Chapter 38

ChAptEr 17~ Hellos and Hotties

2.9K 104 13
由 deEds01

"This isn't even remotely anatomically correct." Caitlin said as Barry played operation with her , and nothing weird , seriously what are you guys thinking ? The board game .

"That's not the point, Dr. Snow. " Barry said as he rushed off to continue his game of Ping-Pong with Cisco .

"Then what is the point?" Caitlin asked .

" To have fun." He answered , grinning broadly .

"Aaand to continue your ongoing training by testing the speed of your mind by pushing your ability to multitask." Dr. Wells said , sitting in front of a chessboard .

Barry ran to the chess board ,moved a piece , back to Ping Pong , and back to the chess board where he tapped the clock . "I'm waiting on you, Dr. Wells." He said , before going back to the Ping Pong table .

"You're awfully chipper this morning " Caitlin said with a smirk . " Did something happen we should know about ."

"What do you mean ?" Barry asked , as he headed over to the operation table again .

"Well you did take Nate home last night ," Cisco said smirking raising an eyebrow . " And well anything could happen ."

"What ? " Barry asked , before his eyebrows raised in realization , "NO!!! Jeesh guys , we're just friends , nothing like that ."

" But you wanna be ? Hmmm ?" Cisco asked , his smirk growing .

Barry stammered , like a fish gasping for air , sure he wanted to , but he was way out of her league , even as the Flash , and she most probably didn't feel the same .

"Checkmate." Doctor Wells said

"Wait, checkmate? " Barry asked, rushing to check the chess board , to see if Dr. Wells is indeed correct .

" Checkmate." Dr Wells confirmed , "I guess we still have a few things left to learn, don't we, Mr. Allen?"

Suddenly their crime detector alarm started beeping , "Armed robbery at 4th and Collins." Cisco called , as he looked at the map displayed on the screen .

Barry walked over to his suit ,"For the record, I crushed it in operation and ping pong." He said , before he rushed off to save the day , sending papers flying all over the cortex.

Buzzzzz the operation board game sounded , signaling a failure " It's not as easy as it looks." Caitlin sighed , pushing her wind, or should I say Flash blown, hair out of her face .

*

*

*

*At the Crime scene *

A white secure carrier truck stood in the middle of the crime scene , the back doors were frozen . And right behind that truck was a black tow truck .

Captain Singh and Joe , along with some other policemen were already on the scene when Nate arrived .

"Morning Joe " she greeted smiling brightly at him .

She wore a black coat , that reached just above her knees , a red cardigan complimented , by a grey button-up shirt , skinny jeans and a pair of black ankle boots . Her hair hung down her back in loose curls .

Joe gave her a nod , " So what do we have here ?" she asked , her eyes already scanning the premises , looking for clues .

" Attempted robbery, is my guess " Joe said , he was crouching in the back of the white van , a notebook in his hand .

"Tow truck was stolen." Eddie said , answering her question .

"Hmm " Nate said , and started investigating the frozen door .

"Driver of the armored car is in a stable condition at St. Andrews, and no one's exactly sure how he got there." Eddie continued .

"Interesting ." Nate said , scraping bits and pieces of the frozen door into her plastic baggie .

"I know right , but everything is crazy these days ." Eddie said .

"What ? " Nate frowned , " Oh , no not that , I mean the door . " She said pointing to the frost . " The door was frozen with liquid nitrogen."

"Did you check the security cameras? " Joe asked Eddie .

"Camera's storage drive was stolen. Guys are pros. " He answered , and Joe hopped out of the truck.

"Everything's still here, including what I think they were after, the Kahndaq dynasty diamond. It was on its way to Central City museum for exhibition. " Joe explained .

Nate continued to investigate , already having most of what she needed to make a conclusion . And still being close enough to hear Joe and Eddie's conversation , just for interest's sake.

"Right, Iris is trying to talk me into going." Eddie started explaining "I'm not much of a museum guy, but when she really wants to do something.... I'm just going to walk away now." He finished , once he saw Joe's face . Nate gave a small chuckle at this , but not loud enough to gram anyone's attention .

"Griffin !!" Captain Singh called , grabbing her attention , " Where is your partner today ?"

"He..." she started , but was interrupted by ... The Devil , ok not really , but you know the saying , Speak of the devil ...

"Sorry, Captain." Barry said , as he entered the crime scene . "I was at the hospital - visiting a friend.

"There's nothing missing." Joe said , as the small party headed to the van ."It looks like someone interrupted a robbery."

"Guard says there was three of them. " the Captain said .

"Actually, there was four." Barry and Nate said in unison , they looked at each other both having a knowing smile on their faces .

"I mean, that's how many I would bring if I were doing a robbery of this nature. That's definitely a four guy truck. A driver, two more to cover the guards, and Somebody used liquid nitrogen to crack open this door, so four bad guys. " Barry explained his hypothesis .

"Thank you, Mr. Allen, for your brilliant insight." The Captain said , sarcastically .

"Actually he is correct captain , but to provide more substantial evidence " she said shooting Barry a glance ,causing him to look down , she walked over to the side of the truck , " These skid marks here , are single , which would suggest a motorcycle , if you look on the other side , you'll see the same , there are debris , and shards of metal here " , she said holding up her little evidence baggie , with the tiny pieces of metal in them , "And then the truck driver of course , and yes there is the one who froze the door , and I suspect he did it from the top of the blue truck , if I'm correct , " she said on her way to the blue truck , "And I usually am with these things , " she said casually , " You'll find two dents on top of the truck , proving my deduction . "

The captain nodded his head to one of the officers , who climbed to the top of the truck , once he got there , he nodded , indicating , that Nate was indeed correct .

" See that Mr. Allen , " the Captain said , "That's how you do it ."

Nate smirked at him , but her moment of glory was cut short , "Alright you two lab rats , we need this evidence , researched and analyzed ."

"We're on it Cap ." Nate said , giving him a small salute .

Nate and Barry headed of in the direction of the station , and after about a block or so , Nate stopped and said "Listen I'll catch up later , I need to head to STAR Labs. "

Barry's face dropped , " But .. but you just did the 'We're on it cap' thing , " he said in a high pitched voice and mimicking her salute from earlier .

"First of all I don't talk like this" she said in the same high pitched voice , and second of all , "Caitlin still needs to ask me a few questions , which I just want to get over with , I'm not to keen on telling them my entire life story , you... you were kind of the an exception . "

He nodded , "You know you don't have to tell them everything , maybe just the nightmares part , but I'm sure you can tell them without actually telling them .. If that makes sense." He chuckled a bit , scratching the back of his head .

She sighed , " Ok lets do this thing " , and taking a quick peak at their surroundings , and making sure the coast is clear , she teleported .

*

*

*

"So nightmares ?" Caitlin asked , looking at the computer screen that displayed the feedback from the neuro transmitter , currently attached to Nate's head .

"Yep " she said popping the 'p' , as she just stared up at the ceiling . They were alone in the cortex , under Caitlin's instruction , and which Nate was grateful for , it was not like she didn't trust Cisco , Doctor Wells ... eh .. that was still debatable .

"Hmm interesting . " Caitlin said , looking at the monitor .

"What is ?" Nate said turning her gaze to her 'doctor' , who was busy typing some stuff on the keyboard .

"Your brainwaves , are severely active constantly, which also makes sense , since you are so in tune with everything and everyone around you , but also with yourself , so my hypothesis is : since your brain is constantly so active , it causes you to have vivid dreams , your nightmares are just the thing you seem to focus on while you sleep , unfortunately I don't know how to cure that yet ." Caitlin explained , looking at Nate with a bit of sympathy .

Nate just shrugged , "...who does?" she asked nonchalant.

"But you seem to be well rested today " Caitlin asked with a smirk , " .. any specific reason ?"

"Why do I get the feeling you already know?" Nate asked her eyebrows raised , and an unwanted blush creeping to her face.

"I don't know , you tell me . Don't want me jumping to conclusions , I mean I may look innocent , but I know what happens when a guy walks a girl home . " she said wiggling her eyebrows .

"No nothing like that " Nate laughed , throwing the small pillow that was under her head at Caitlin , " We just ... I don't know .. " Nate shrugged ," ... we bonded ."

"That's all ?" Caitlin asked , looking a bit disappointed .

"Aand then he slept over ." she said and then say the look of glee on Caitlin's face "... But nothing happened , ok " she said , emphasizing the nothing .

"Hmm , so Barry slept over and you didn't have any nightmares ?" Caitlin said , looking deep in thought . " I think I might have the perfect prescription for you " she said in all seriousness .

Nate quickly caught her drift , "No !"

"Yes!"

"You can't be serious ?" Nate said , wishing Caitlin was joking .

"Yes , it's decided ,Barry will stay with you , until we find a more permanent cure for your nightmares ." Caitlin said , starting to scribble down notes on a piece of paper .

"But Caitl..." Nate started .

"Uh uh uh ... doctor's orders . " Caitlin said , waving her finger in front of Nate's face.

"Fine " Nate huffed , it's not like she didn't want Barry living with her , but she would have wanted it under different circumstances , not have it forced upon them . But given her reluctance to make a move in this relationship , maybe a push in the right direction was needed .

"I'm gonna get myself a Big Gulp , I'm thirsty . " She said , and just then Cisco rounded the corner , saying "Oh make it two " , and then she was gone .

"Wow she looked a bit pissed , what's the verdict " he asked Caitlin who was rooted on her spot , a tiny smirk plastered on her face .

"Oh just destiny taking its course . " she answered , an evil grin spread on her face .

"Oh no you're getting the Cheshire Cat smile , what did you do to that poor girl ?" he asked , taking a bite from his Twizzler .

"Oh just a shove in the right direction . " Caitlin answered mysteriously .

"And this is where my team monitors the police bands for criminal activity. We can track anything that's happening in the city. "They heard Barry's voice said , as he entered the cortex , they turned to see him , along with a blonde girl , with rectangular framed glasses , and a cute blue outfit .

" Check this out. We've got our own satellite." Barry told the girl excitedly .

"I know. I've hacked into it from time to time." The girl answered , turning around as she took in her surroundings .

"Rude." Cisco said , as he walked over to the pair who had just entered .

"It is, of course, so wonderful to see you again, Felicity." Caitlin said , also walking over to the girl ,"I'm just wondering how much of our operation she needs to know about."

"I'm really good at keeping secrets." Felicity answered reassuringly .

"Yeah, Felicity works with The Arrow." Barry said , grinning sheepishly .

"Sweet." Cisco said , taking another bite from his red candy .

"And you apparently are not." Felicity said , looking up at Barry , a bit annoyed .

"Now it's all making sense. You know who The Arrow is." Cisco said to Felicity , before his eyes grew wide . "Wait, do you know who The Arrow is?" he asked Barry .

" Uh..." Barry stammered a bit , "Hey where's Nate ?"

Just then the brown haired girl walked into the cortex , slurping from her huge Big Gulp drink "Heyo Cisco my man, I brought you your .... Oh. My . TARDIS!" she said once she looked up ,almost letting the two drinks fall . She quickly placed them on the closest desk .

"Nate this is ... " Barry started , but was cut off .

"Get this Wi-Fi bitch out of my lab !" Nate said darkly .

"Nate! What's wrong ... " Barry started looking completely shocked at his friend , an expression shared by his colleagues as well .

"Don't worry Barry , I got this ." Felicity said , having a stare down with Nate , "It's actually Bitch with Wi-Fi , you pathetic excuse for a Whovian . " she sneered .

"Oh that's cold . " Cisco said .

But the two girls , glowered at each other , as if having a silent bitch fight .

Until Felicity cracked , and started laughing , and I mean legitimately laughing , and it wasn't even two seconds and Nate was laughing too.

And then they did the weirdest thing , they hugged each other , in a full on embrace . The other STAR Labs employees , looked at the predicament in confusion .

"Oh I missed you Fel . " Nate said , eventually letting go of the blonde . " And your blonde !" she exclaimed in surprise .

"Yeah , I needed the change , and you , no more pink highlights I see ... " Felicity said .

"Wait wait wait hold the phone , I'm severely confused right now . " Cisco said , and Barry nodded in agreement .

"Oh sorry guys , this is my best friend from college " Nate said .

And everyone's jaws dropped .

=====================================================================================

Wazzup people ,

So what did you thin , sorry it's so late , exams were hecting , but luckily I passed everything yeay !!!!

Woop Woop .

Anywho , I'm in Singapore at the moment , and it's awesome .

Hope you liked the chapter ,

Ok so yeah ,

Comment

Vote

Read !!!

Lovies Deeds

繼續閱讀

You'll Also Like

15K 476 16
In an alternate universe where Miss Caitlin Snow, a CSI at CCPD, gets struck by lightning the night of the particle accelerator activation and become...
135K 3.7K 26
Caitlin left Central City when she found out Barry was planning to get back with Iris who happened to be pregnant. She didn't want to burden Barry s...
11K 219 43
Famous psychologist, Aspen Brooks, moved from Starling City to Central City to see her best friends, Caitlin and Cisco. She moved here even after she...
2.5M 65.9K 56
| book one | Natalie Reed has just moved to Central City, at first, oblivious to the unnatural events in her new home. She truly feels welcomed in Ce...