The Cover Girls (A One Direct...

By MyOwnSelf

Figuring out who you are is never easy. It's a labyrinth, one that you constantly feel alone and lost in. It'... More

Author's Note
Prologue
Chapter 1 - Look Who's Knocking
Chapter 2 - Soapy Bubbles
Chapter 3 - No One Beats The Queen of Dance
Chapter 4 - Collarbones and Cups
Chapter 5 - Not So Sweet Goodbye
Chapter 6 - Here For You
Chapter 7 - It's ALWAYS A Good Time
Chapter 8 - The House Of April
Chapter 9 - Augustus Waters... 'Nuff Said
Chapter 10 - Russia: The Pancake Country
Chapter 11 - Video Diary Week 131
Chapter 12 - Bonding With Nialler
Chapter 13 - Tonight Tonight
Chapter 14 - Sleepyhead
Chapter 15 - Let's Take A Trip
Chapter 16 - Animal House
Chapter 17 - Twinsies
Chapter 18 - Love Is In the Air
Chapter 19 - The One I've Been Waiting For
Chapter 20 - Signed, Sealed, Delivered (I'm Yours)
Chapter 21 - You're Beautiful, It's True
Chapter 22 - Nerdy Nerds
Chapter 23 - This Feels Like Falling In Love
Chapter 24 - Shopping Buddies
Chapter 25 - Messy Twister
Chapter 26 - Harold's Birthday
Chapter 27 - Dancing In the Rain
Chapter 28 - She Finally Sees
Chapter 29 - Don't Leave
VERY IMPORTANT AUTHOR'S NOTE
Chapter 30 - It'll All Be Okay
Chapter 32 - A New Beginning
Chapter 33 - The Screams All Sound The Same
Chapter 34 - Stressed, But Snuggled
Chapter 35 - Makin' Bacon
Chapter 36 - The Karaoke Apocalypse (pt. 1)
Chapter 37 - The Karaoke Apocalypse (pt. 2)
Chapter 38 - The Karaoke Apocalypse (pt. 3)
Chapter 39 - The Karaoke Apocalypse (pt. 4)
Chapter 40 - Homesick
Chapter 41 - My Nightingale
Chapter 42 - Correct Assumptions
Chapter 43 - I Seem To Be Struck By You
Chapter 44 - Mixin' It Up
Chapter 45 - V is for Victory
Chapter 46 - Longer Than Five Seconds
Chapter 47 - Sisterly Instinct
Chapter 48 - Ridiculous News
Author's Note 12/6/14

Chapter 31 - Together

1.2K 51 14
By MyOwnSelf

A/N: So I'd give you an update about my life but you'd probably faint from surprise that I'm posting a new chapter.

SOME IMPORTANT THINGS IN A NOTE AT THE BOTTOM

I haven't edited this in the slightest but SEE IF I CARE

~Grace xx

---------------------------------------------------------------

                                                         ~April~

“...I can go?”

“Yes,” My mom said, looking at me with a proud smile, “you can go. But remember: you have to call me when you arrive, when you’re boarding the plane to come home, and text me in between. Deal?”

“Deal!” I shouted, leaping forward and wrapping my arms tightly around my mom and dad, Louis’ laughter coming from behind me.

“I’ll be expecting you to report back to me too, young man,” She added, pointing playfully at Louis, who nodded.

When Louis and I had arrived and sat down to talk to my parents, my nervousness had mysteriously died down. Whether it was knowing my parents would understand the situation, or my hand sitting comfortably in Louis’ the entire time with the feeling of security that came along with having a person I can trust entirely right next to me, I don’t know.

My parents always knew I hated living in a small town. I wanted adventure, and to see more than just wheat fields when I drove to my friends’ houses. I learned to deal with it, because there was no chance of us moving before I was old enough to move out, myself. But meeting Louis, finding parts of myself I never knew I had, it had brought up all those suppressed emotions and ambitions. And they saw that. My mom and dad saw how happy he made me, and that I needed to experience life and make my own mistakes. They were never the type of parents to keep me on a leash.

So, after assuring them of my safety with the boys, they gave me permission to go. They already had a soft spot for Louis, and knew that if anyone even tried to harm me in any way, he and the boys would most likely beat them to a pulp before I could pull out the pocket knife Mike forced me to have on me at all times. Plus, it helped that there was a good chance the girls were going, as well. My mom thought of them as her own daughters, especially Kris and Erin. So that added up to nine body guards.

“You better get packing,” My dad said, “and don’t forget your phone charger.”

“I won’t dad,” I said, grinning, squeezing him before letting go, grabbing Louis’ hand, and pulling him towards my room.

I pushed the door open and ran to my closet, pulling out my purple suitcase. I rarely used it, as I could fit everything I needed for a night with the girls in my big messenger bag.

“What can I do to help?” My boyfriend asked as I threw open the lavender case.

“Look around my room and if you see anything you think I’ll need, throw it in my bag.”

I started grabbing random articles of clothing from my closet, folding them, and tossing them in my suitcase. I’d never been out of the country, except for going to Canada, so I had no idea what expect in England.

I was flying to England with my boyfriend, the rest of One Direction, and possibly my best friends. I hid my crazy smile with my long, draping hair at the insane thought. But it was actually happening- it wasn’t just a dream.

After accumulating outfits for any sort of weather that England could possibly have, I zipped up my stuffed suitcase. Louis had gone into the bathroom and grabbed all of my toiletries, so I was ready to go.

Louis and I carried my stuff back to my living room, and he offered to take my things to the car; I guessed it was to give me a moment alone with my parents.

Immediately after he’d said goodbye to my parents, Louis left to go to the car.

“Oh, April,” My mom said lovingly, pulling me into her warm embrace. She was just an inch shorter than me, but I still felt like a small child, afraid to let go of my mom.

“I love you, mom, “ I murmured into her hair.

“Have fun, okay sweetie? I know Louis will take care of you. And you know I’m just a phone call away if you need me.”

“I know, mom. But I’ll still miss you.”

“I’ll miss you too, honey.”

After a few more moments, I pulled away and received a kiss on the cheek, before walking over to my dad.

“I’ll be expecting you to come back with a great British accent,” My dad joked, hugging me; I would never be taller than him.

“Okay, but you won’t be able to make fun of me about how much tea I drink when I use the accent, ‘cause that’s normal for British people.”

“Ah, I’ll miss your sense of humor while you’re gone, April,” My dad chuckled, looking down at me.

“Oh please, you’ll be begging them to leave me in England by the time you get a taste of life without my sarcastic comments and awful jokes,” I replied.

“Never,” He said, “Have a great time, daughter. I love you.”

I almost teared up, but held strong to my genuine smile as they walked me to the door.

In an attempt to not cry, I ran forward and hopped into the car, not allowing myself to look back. But as Louis pulled out of the driveway, I turned to see my parents, waving at me with huge, smiling faces. I weakly lifted my hand and waved back, before Louis drove away.

It felt crazy, being sad to leave a town that I felt so much disdain for. But then I thought about what I had realized when I was young, what I told myself whenever I felt a surge of unhappiness about where I lived.

It’s the people surrounding you that matter, not where you are.

I wasn’t going to miss Kansas; I was going to miss the people who made Kansas livable.

:~:~:

I arrived back at Heather’s to find, with a bit of surprise, that everyone’s parents had let them go. Kris’ parents seemed a bit iffy, but I was glad the trusted her enough to let her go.

Also surprisingly, we all had fairly up to date passports. Mine was from that trip to Canada with my grandparents from 2008, and the rest of the girls had either visited family or gone on vacation out of the country in the space of the past five years, so that was another stress off my shoulders.

The boys had finished packing and we were ready to leave. The two hour drive to the nearest airport in Kansas City, Kansas was a blur, and so was the whole process of going through customs. it was the first time I’d ever flown before, so I was impressed at how well I handled it, considering I’m an awkward, socially anxious person going through metals detectors and huge crowds of people. By the time we were about to board the plane, it was 11 PM.

“Are you okay?” Louis asked me once we were situated in our plane seats. Our group was entirely on one side of the plane, everyone coupled up in a row, with Louis and I in front. I was in an aisle seat, with Louis beside me in the window seat.

“I’ve just never flown before,” I replied, but he knew that wasn’t all I had on my mind. Although, I did feel a nervous fluttering in my stomach about shooting through clouds at top speeds; but I had convinced myself that it would just be like a cool music video.

“Is that all that’s wrong?”

“No,” I replied, sighing, laying my head on his shoulder, “I just don’t know what to do.”

“What do you mean?”

“Maybe I can come with you this time, but what will happen when you and the boys go back for good?”

“We don’t have to worry about that now,” Louis whispered, his voice cracking, “so let’s just be happy, okay?”

“Okay.”

----------------------

A/N: EXCUSES FOR WHY I'VE BEEN GONE: NaNoWriMo (I'm writing a new book), my birthday, death of someone very close to me, my grandma is in the hospital, and homework.

IMPORTANT THINGS: Sorry, but I won't be on here regularly for a while. BUT I WILL RECIEVE AN EMAIL IF YOU MESSAGE ME SO IF YOU WANT TO TALK, I WILL KNOW, SO PLEASE DO!

So I haven't really worked on this story in like forever. But it would help A LOT if you guys maybe left me some ecnouraging comments? I'm going through a super rough time and I could seriously use a smile.

Also, I haven't gotten the impression that anyone really likes this story, so it's hard for me to write thinking no one will read it :/

Anyway, have a lovely day my friends :)

~Grace xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

628K 21.7K 36
Where do you belong? Where you are now is not where you are going to be at for the rest of your life. No one knows where they will end up at But...
3.8K 23 21
Paige Lonergan is your average teenager in london, She has her own flat, takes care of her little sister, and usually gets a new house cleaning assig...
98.7K 1.4K 26
You were walking through the streets in tears, your boyfriend had broken up with you, you wanted to escape the world, but you run into a group a boys...
215 1 11
Niall was a troubled kid from Ireland. His mother couldn't stand him any longer so she sent him to a school in London. He got paired up with 4 buddie...