Percabeth Oneshots

By butterscotchblondy

Just a bunch of random Percabeth fluff. More

Godly Headcanon
Don't Mess With Da Pancakes!!!!
Proposal
Snow Day
The Bad Boy (Part 1)
The Bad Boy (Part 2)
Water Park
New Campers Part 1
Tutoring
New Campers Part 2
Merry Christmas
Study Date
Total Cliche
Nice Catch
The Hunt
Switched
Mystery Princess
Another Raindrop
Tangled
Not A Chapter (Sorry)
Babysitting
Candid Photos
Another Hunt
Saving Annabeth
Finding Annabeth
Room 8
Holy SHITTTTT
Your gonna hate me
Uhh hi...
Random Christmas Chapter
Too much rum
Neighboors
A Very Merry Britney Christmas
Coffee Cup
Travel Mug
Hercules
Letters
Game On
An Interesting Prom
Royally Matched
You Look Like a Juice Person
The Stewardess
Poor Allen
Not a Chapter
Debutantes
Ramdom Snail Lamp

SING

5.5K 85 107
By butterscotchblondy

This was kinda more of a story idea... idk it would start out with everyone not liking each other and over time develop into their friendships. In the story the characters don't act like how they would in the series at first. Just putting that out there. And some characters wont act like how they would in the original series ever. Enjoy! (btw song she sings is Don't Stop Believing by Journey)

Annabeth's POV

Everyone was gathered in the middle of the auditorium, sitting in a circle on the floor, as if we were about to do some demonic ritual. To be honest it was a little weird.

Mr. Clammer sat right next to me his red extremely curly hair, slightly itching my right cheek. Mr. Clammer has been the drama/singing teacher forever. He lives for the arts. Every student secretly thinks he's a little wack.

"Alright everyone!" said Mr. Clammer as he clapped his hands together. "As you all know, we have been having a slight lack of students joining our singing group recently" he pushed his small round glasses to the bridge of his nose.

What else is new? We've always had a shortage in students for our group. And every year the school board threatens to shut us down. Apparently we are a "school group/activity that doesn't have enough participants for the school to keep funding us". So in a nutshell, since everyone thinks our club is kinda lame the school doesn't want to pay for us.

Let me break down the very limited amount of people in our club. We have me, one of the only people that can stay on tune.

We have Piper, head cheerleader, loves the spotlight, has an okay voice.

Randal, ex-jock, his mom told him he needed a more "diverse pallet of interests" so he joined our group, knowing that since he has no talent whatsoever, he doesn't really need to do anything.

Marcy, headgear, spits when she talks, always wears mismatch socks, with Velcro shoes.

Valarie, on the student board, pretty sure she only joined because she needed one more club on her application to Harvard.

And Nico, kinda goth kid that sits in the corner, surprisingly has a decent voice.

As you can see, we're kinda a... unique set people.

And to be blunt- we suck.

Always fighting, never getting choreography right, and wearing the worst costumes. Except for me.

So back to our weird demonic circle.

Mr. Clammer was explaining how the school board told him that they mean it this time. If we didn't get more students to join we were toast.

This club was basically all I had. I know I have talent, that may sound bad, but its true. I'm not liked by most, I'm bossy, and can be annoying, but I know with practice I can lead this club, and we could be great.

I looked up and saw the extremely desperate pleading eyes of a 40 year old man, just trying to salvage his last hope of keeping this singing group alive.

You see, when Mr. Clammer was in collage he was a part of a singing group. But the group broke up over some girl, and I don't think poor Mr. Clammer ever got over it.

And if your wondering how I knew that story, well, we've only ever heard a thousand times from our crazy teacher himself.

I rolled my eyes. And raised my hand.

"Ok, fine. I can post some flyers around school."

Mr. Clammer smiled hugely, and hugged me from the side. Ew. Great, now i was gonna smell like crazy for the rest of the day.

Everyone stood up from our spiritual circle, and left the auditorium without saying another word to each other.

I headed to the computer lap to make a few quick flyers.

***

I just finished making the poster online, and sent 20 copies to the libraries printer. I would send it to the office printer, but that one is in the principles office. No one knows whats in there, its always locked, and there are no windows. Not even teacher have been in there.

Rumor has it that Mrs. Treeny keeps all of the edible food in her office, and the rest to us for lunch.

Our principle is named Mrs. Treeny, but everyone calls her Teeny behind her back. Shes suuuuper short like we're talking about 4"7. Not only that but shes grouchy beyond all means. Always yelling at kids, giving out unnecessary detentions.

Pretty much everyone hated her.

I posted up a few filers here and there around the school. I hope it at least gets us a few new members.

I scoff, yeah right.

A few days later

And we're back to the demonic circle, let's hope this doesn't become a habit.

"Do we have any names on the sheet?" Asked Mr. Clammer, hopefully.

I had spent my morning wandering the school picking up all the fliers that I had posted.

I shook my head. There were no names on any of the fliers.

Mr. Clammer looked disappointed, I don't blame him.

"What else can we do?" asked Marcy spreading spit everywhere

"I don't think there's anything we can do" I admitted shrugging.

"No! I refuse to give up!" Said Piper, she whipped out her phone and started texting.

I rolled my eyes.
"Great idea genius, send a few people some emojis, and they'll come flooding through the doors" I said motioning to the front of the auditorium.

Piper glared at me, before she began to talk.
"Does Sunday work for everyone?" She asked.

We looked at her confused.
"What?"

Piper looked frustrated as if we were causing her some giant inconvenience.

"Can you all come here this Sunday at 3:15?"

Everyone shrugged.
"I guess"

"Great!" Squealed Piper.

"Piper what exactly did you do?" Asked Mr. Clammer.

She looked more than happy to explain.

"Well, I just texted everyone at school about the auditions we're having  on Sunday at 3:15" she said being overly perky.

"What!?" I screeched. Everyone looked at me startled. "We don't just let anyone into our group"

"Um, Annabeth, if you haven't noticed we kinda don't have a choice" said Valarie.

"Look, we need to do this. It could be the only way to save us" Said Mr. Clammer.

I closed my eyes. "Alright fine"

***

SUNDAY (Srry I was lazy)

I wasn't looking forward to the auditions, I didn't exactly want new club members. But if I really wanted to save the club, I would have to make a few compromises. I hate compromising.

It was already time to leave for the auditions. School is fairly close, so I could easily walk and make it in good time.

By the time I got there, I used the back entrance to the auditorium, I guess I was early because none was here yet. I walked up the steps onto the stage, it was dark except for the stage lights.

I adjusted the height of the microphone so it was a couple inches away from my lips.

I took a deep breath.

"Just a small town girl
Livin' in a lonely world
She took the midnight train goin' anywhere
Just a city boy
Born and raised in south Detroit
He took the midnight train goin' anywhere

A singer in a smokey room
A smell of wine and cheap perfume
For a smile they can share the night
It goes on and on, and on, and on

Strangers waiting
Up and down the boulevard
Their shadows searching in the night
Streetlight people
Living just to find emotion
Hiding somewhere in the night

Working hard to get my fill
Everybody wants a thrill
Payin' anything to roll the dice
Just one more time
Some will win, some will lose
Some were born to sing the blues
Oh, the movie never ends
It goes on and on, and on, and on

Strangers waiting
Up and down the boulevard
Their shadows searching in the night
Streetlight people
Living just to find emotion
Hiding somewhere in the night

Don't stop believin'
Hold on to the feelin'
Streetlights, people

Don't stop believin'
Hold on
Streetlight people

Don't stop believin'
Hold on to the feelin'
Streetlight people"

I finished loudly, definitely out of breath.

I heard clapping from somewhere in the room. I looked around, it was still dark so I couldn't quite see as well. I saw someone standing in the corner. I squinted trying to see who it was.

They made there way over to the stage. once they stepped into the light I could fully make out their face.

It was Percy Jackson. Schools beloved football player. I'd always kinda disliked him, not because of anything he's done to me, it's just I envy him. I'm not popular, in any way.

"That was really good" he said, now standing on the stage.

"Thanks" I said, my mouth forming a tight line. Of course I sang, I was in a glee club, but I've never sang like that in front of anyone. That's how I'd sing with my mother, before she passed. But I'll spare you from my oh so tragic backstory.

"You have a beautiful voice" said Percy. I gave an awkward chuckle/laugh thing.

"But isn't that song a duet?" He asked. I shrugged. Percy took the mic off the stand.

"Here, like this" He said handing me the other mic.

"Oh, I don't know I don't do duets very well" I admitted.

He started singing the song anyways, totally ignoring my comment. I scoffed.

His voice was as great as mine, another reason to dislike him.

I hesitantly started signing. Percy sighed and stopped.

"No, like you did before."

"Well, I'm sorry if my singing doesn't meet your standards" I said, rolling my eyes. He chuckled.

He started singing again. My voice mixed with his, and by the middle of the song we were running around the stage, smiling and only looking at each other, as if we were preforming.

We ended with a high note.

And when we were done, we were panting heavily. I looked up at him. He was so much taller than me, it was kinda annoying.

Suddenly enthusiastic clapping burst out from the front of the auditorium. I was so caught up in the song that I hadn't noticed that Mr. Clammer had entered.

"That was incredible, that was amazing, extraordinary. Annabeth, I knew you had talent, but that was so... different from anything I've ever seen you do! And you my boy, he said patting Percy's cheek, you are amazing. How would you like to join our singing group?" asked Mr. Clammer. Percy scrunched up his face.

"What, oh singing? I don't know I'm already so busy with football, and trying to get a scholarship an-" Percy was interpreted.

"Do you take lessons, or preform anywhere?" Mr. Clammer asked.

"Only if you count my shower"

"What were you doing in here, if you weren't here to audition?" I asked.

"I just left my phone here from Friday's  assembly. I wanted to get it Saturday but everything was locked." replied Percy.

"Will you at least think about my offer" insisted Mr. Clammer. Percy nodded but it didn't look like he was gonna change his mind.

I plopped down in one of the auditoriums chairs. A few minutes later the rest of the club showed up. And surprisingly there was a good amount of people wanting to audition.

It was probably only because Piper had texted them.

The first act was a petite little girl wearing a yellow cardigan, she started to sing "Colors Of The Wind" from Pocahontas. It was cute, although it wasn't very good. The next guy was a kid who rapped. Not interested. Act after act, after act. Some were good, but most of the performances were bad. 

By the end of the auditions I had made a mental list of which people I liked best. And an extremely long list of those who I don't.

I ran the list by Mr. Clammer, and he agreed. We shooed out all of the other acts.

By the end of the auditions the club had agreed on who to let in.

The group had chosen a football player who could beat-box, named Matt. A girl with a pretty weak voice, but she had potential, named Ferra. And some obnoxious boy named Leo, who i didn't particularly like, but the others did.

I was ecstatic that more people wanted to join.

I still had Percy in mind, he would be a great audition to the club, but it didn't seem like he was interested.

Once everyone had left, it was just me and Mr. Clammer left.

"You know Annbaeth, why don't you sing like that when you preform?" asked Mr. Clammer.

"I don't know what your talking about" I said, trying to think of a better excuse.

"You and that boy, your voices are perfect together, if you got him to join, it could save the club" Said Mr. Clammer. "Although we have new members, we're not quite good enough to convince the school board"

"What do you mean? I though you said if we got more members they would keep funding us" I asked.

"Well actually, the truth is that there is a big singing group competition. And if we don't win, we're finished." he sighed.

"What!? We're definitely not good enough to win!" I said letting my face drop in my hands.

"But, if you get him to join, we actually have a chance" he said. I nodded.

"I'll do my best" No pressure Annabeth.

MONDAY (Srry got lazy again)

I ran down the halls pushing passed the wave of students. I didn't have much time before class started.

I spotted him down the hall with Jason, his best friend.

"Hey Percy" I said awkwardly. He tuned his head over his shoulder, to see who called him.

"Oh hey, Annabeth right?" he asked. Jason gave some kinda guy/sup nod to Percy before leaving. I rolled my eyes, guys.

"So I'm gonna be honest with you, when we sang it was fantastic-"

"Woah hey, shh, ixnay on the singing" he whispered. "It's not exactly my thing"

I looked him up and down, he was wearing his football jersey. "Yeah I kinda got that" i said in a monotone voice.

"Look, I know you probably don't care, but that signing group means everything to me. And it will be shut down, if we don't win nationals.  And as much as it pains me to say, we need you." I said with more authority than before.

Percy took a step back. "Look, I would love to help, but I can't" he said.

"I knew it. All you jocks care about is your reputation. I'm sorry, but now I have some bad news to break" I turned and started to storm off. I blew hair out of my face.

Percy grabbed my wrist, causing me to stop and spin around to face him. He sighed, and rubbed the back of his neck.

"So you really need me? And if  I were to join, it would only be till the nationals thing"

"So your saying..." I said hopefully.

"I will help, but only until nationals."

I squealed and jumped to hug him. He hugged me back.

"Thank you. This means a lot." I looked down, my feet were about a foot off the ground.

"Damn your so tall" I said.

He chuckled.

"So practices are on Tuesdays, and Thursdays, at 11:30, during free period" I said, he set me back on the ground. "Thanks, again"

I turned and ran off, we might have a chance.

A/N Heeyyyyy I really like this chapter, I don't exactly know why, but yeah. I like the idea. Thank you so much for 3k thats insane. I love you all, AND AGOODBYE

Ciao, Lets bounce!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

144K 928 18
Just a collection of oneshots about everyone's favorite ship: Percabeth.
6.1K 151 48
Just a bunch of fluffy oneshots
381K 4.9K 36
One shots of Percabeth to Jealous Jason to others meeting our favorite demigods. In other words random one shots of demigod goodness!
86.4K 798 42
A series of Percabeth one-shots. AU chapters, as well as non-AU chapters, obviously. WARNING: THERE MAY BE CURSE WORDS IN SOME CHAPTERS. BE CAREFUL I...