Unexpected Love (Girl x Girl)

By Courts24-7

Cammie Scott has moved schools after her past relationship with her ex girlfriend Taylor Valentine. After rea... More

Hi Im Shannon...
Soccer Skills
Cammie's Coming Out
Movie Night
Drinks, Dancing, Sex?
Shans POV Party
Is she ignoring me?
You've got a fast car
We're having a ball
The second star to the right
Dance Practice
Shut up and dance with me!
Everybody Wanna Steal My Girl
Sisterly Love
She Shoots! She Scores!
Just about caught in the act?
A kick and a punch for the first day of the month
Taylors story, real or not real?
A Blast from the Past
Stay
The Sound of Silence
Only Fools Fall for You
Detention
The Break up is True
Hit by a Rave
Aftermath
The Exams Begin
Coffee with Stevie
Golfing like a Pro
Beer Pong and Body Shots
Love Bites
Its gotta be Stevie!

Everybody has a thing

1.2K 30 2
By Courts24-7

----------------------------------

Shannon's POV
I text Mom after kissing Cammie goodbye inside my car parked outside her house.

"I'll see you tomorrow." I yell outside my window.

"Have fun tonight." She yells grinning at me.

"Oh, I will." I smirk.

"Love you." She whispers trying not to project her voice.

"Love you too." I whisper back as she walks up the pathway.

"Hey I'll just drive home now and pick you up." I text Mom, blowing a kiss back at Cammie at her front door.

"Okay, I'll quickly get ready!" She replies as I take off back home.

'I know I don't spend much time with her, but I'm really dreading tonight. Casey has the perfect life and a better connect with Mom. She's at college, she has a boyfriend, her future is falling into place, then there's me. I guess I just don't want to disappoint her. I feel like this is the time to tell her what's going on with Cammie.  She loves Ness so it's likely she will accept me. Yet she might just like the fact that she doesn't have to deal with a child that likes girls.'

I arrive home and park outside my house. I toot a couple of times waiting around for ten minutes already. I watch as Mom locks up the door and hops into my passengers seat.

"Took your time." I say taking off quickly to the restaurant.

"Sorry, I was fixing my make up." She say checking herself in the mirror again.

"You look young as ever Mom." I smirk and she can't help but laugh.

"Why thank you Shannon." She grins  studying my car.

"Haven't been for a ride in this thing in awhile." She says looking at how tidy the inside of my car is. 'Honestly I feel quiet proud of my cleanliness.'

"I know! Well there's been no need since you have your own." I laugh but she just smiles at me. I already feel the disconnection between us.

We stay silence for the rest of the ride unable to make small talk. I park out the back of the restaurant and we walk in following the pathway lights.

"Table for two?" Mom asks a man holding a jug of water.

"Right this way!" He says checking the book before direction us outside to a patio. The patio is sheltered by a short veranda. It is covered with fairy lights around each post and each table has its own large candle, just enough light to see what we're eating.

"Thank you." She says, taking a seat half beside me.

We order quickly and joke a lot. Surprisingly the night goes better than expected. Mom found a bug on the table and blew it directly at me right when the waitress came to collect our plates. I swear everyone inside the restaurant  heard me scream like a little girl. We both had a laughing  fit which almost gave me a new set of abs.

After a filling dinner we ordered coffees which gets me to thinking. 'This would be the perfect time to tell her. We haven't talked like this in months after leaving dad. It feels so nice just to see her happy again. I'm grateful that everyone outside the restaurant on the patio had left early, leaving Mum and I all to ourselves.'

"Have you ever been in love Mom?" I ask her out of the blue. She looks shocked by my question yet doesn't fail to answer.

"I mean, I think I was in love with my high school boyfriend..." She says, I frown at the thought of her being in love with Dad.

"Mom! How is that possible?! How have you not been in love since?! I question her shocked by her answer.

"We'll have you been in love?" She fires back at me, also failing to answer my question. 'I wasn't prepared for this.'

"I don't know....." I simply say hating the fact that I could be lying, yet I'm still unsure what I feel for Cammie.

"Well, you would have to actually hang out with someone a lot to know." She says, I think back to Jake and when we were together. 'We may of dated but a lot of the time we would just sit together at school acknowledging each other. Yes, we got drunk a lot and well were active a lot but I don't think we had any real connect. We never spent every day together after school like Cammie and I do. What I feel towards Cammie is something I can't even begin to explain.'

"Well I hung out with Cammie a lot.." I say remember that Mom hasn't seen me with Cammie in awhile. She doesn't know that I'm still talking to her. She asked if something was up but I never explained.

"Are you over all that now? Do you like someone from school?" She asks. 'Now's my chance. This is where I can explain everything to her but I'm so terrified.' My throat feels as if it's going to close over.

"Yeah..." I struggle to say, not letting on who it is, even though she probably already knows.

"Well I just want you to be happy, I'm your Mom. I'm going to love you no matter what. I don't care who you like. I'm going to like you, and love you either way." She says, making me click that she already knew. My eyes begin to fill with tears. As they build up with water I can't help but let them fall.

For some reason I can't help but smile as she grabs my hands telling me it's okay. It's just one part of me that I'm beginning to loose control of.

"Who do you like at school?" Mom questions me again. "It's ok. You can tell me." She insists

"Cammie." I whisper still feeling ashamed, tears still continue to fall quietly.

"It's okay! I love Cammie." She smiles still holding my hands.

"So do I." I whisper still unable to stop the tears. "Mom I'm scared. I can't help it and I don't want to be this way. I don't want this everything is fine expect for this one thing." My eyes begin to pour again and I can no longer look her in the eyes.

"Love! You don't need to worry about that. It's okay. Everybody had a thing, it doesn't matter. It doesn't define anything about you. You're perfect just the way you are. You know?" She explain and her eyes begin to water.

"You're the best." I simply says reaching over to hug her. 

"It doesn't really matter ." She says rubbing my back. She realises me and I dry my face.

"Shannon all I'm worried about is how people can treat you, because what I heard about Cammie worries me." She says bringing herself to tears.

"It's okay Mom, I can't handle it." I reassure her, looking into her eyes. 'Out of everything that's going on I didn't even think of what kinda of life I would have. People may treat me different, maybe look at me funny but really I didn't give it any thought. I guess I could say I'm terrified of what people think of me, but it's all new. I'm testing the waters and I have Cammie right beside me.'

"I know you can handle it! You're tough! You must of got that from me." She laughs clearing her eyes.

After a long chat about everything I definitely feel like Mom and I have a much stronger bond. I miss talking to her like that. I feel like I could tell her anything now.

As soon as I get home I facetime Cammie to let her know what happened at tea. She was so excited and proud of me that she couldn't stop smiling as we chatted. We needed up facetiming until 2am, I completely lost track of time. Honestly, I could talk to her forever and never get bored.

----------------------------------

Cammie's POV
I'm thankful it's Friday, although I still don't wanna walk through the front gates. Luckily it's the weekend tomorrow. All I can picture is people staring at me in class.

I don't want be alone so I stay in my car waiting for Shannon to arrive. My eyes stay glued to the car park entrance while I wait. In no time Shannon races through the gates parking right beside me.

She pulls a face at me and hops out of her car. She rushes grabbing her things to give me a hand with my door.

"Why thank you Miss Beveridge." I say as she treats me like a queen.

"Anytime Miss Scott." She replies closing the door behind me. I open the back door to grab my bag.

"Hold up." Shannon says pulling me back lightly from my shoulder.

"What?" I question, frowning at me.

"You can't carry that around." She frowns picking up my school bag, checking how heavy it is.

"Shannon seriously, it's ok!" I say trying to calm her down and reach for my school bag.

"Okay, but only on this shoulder." She says placing the strap around my shoulder.

"Okay Mom." I say smartly smirkingly her. 'I just want to kiss her, but I don't know how she will react as we are in school. I don't want to pressure her into anything.'

"Shhh." She says, closing the door. I look towards the front entrance and take the most obvious deep breath.

"You okay?" Shannon asks, placing her hand on my back.

"Yeah, just a bit nervous. It feels like my first day of school again." I say looking back at Shannon.

"Mmm, I've already had my fair share of weird looks. Especially after the formal and when you were away...." Shannon says studying the students heading into school.

"I'm sorry I wasn't there with you." I say looking down at my feet.

"It's okay, I handled it." She smiles at me lifting my chin up.

"When you weren't here we got called to the school hall. The principal talked to everyone about what happened to you. Nobody has said anything...... yet." Shannon frowns, walking me forward towards the front gate.

"Well that's great." I say quietly rolling my eyes.

"Dont worry! Cammie, we will find whoever did this, I promise." Shannon says, stopping me and turning me towards her, with her hand on tightly on my shoulders.

"I'm gonna be with you as much as I can. Someone will be with you the whole time today, okay?" Shannon says and I feel the over protective Shannon starting to kick in. 'I wish I didn't have to feel like this. Being scared to turn a corner frightens me.'

"Okay." I reply, quickly snapping out of my thoughts.

"Here." Shannon says holding her hand out to me.

"Are you sure you're okay about all this." I say looking down at her hand.

"I'm not battling with myself about what people might think anymore. As long as you're holding my hand we can walk thought school proud." Shannon smiles. I take ahold of her hand and look down at the ground, unable to hold back my smile. 'Her words just brightened my day. Why didn't I come to this school first. I feel like I've missed a whole lifetime without Shannon in my life.'

We walk hand in hand to our lockers and eventually part ways to grab our books.

"Okay, first period you're without me but Travis will ascot you." Shannon laughs looking up at Travis as he come up beside us.

"Okay, but you don't need to hold my hand." I tell Travis making them laugh.

"I'll see you later okay." Shannon says scanning the room to see if anyone is watching.

She leans into me quickly and kisses me on the cheek. 'I know she's still paranoid about what people think of her. I can't blame her considering she was Jakes girlfriend.'

"Okay, bye babe." I say as she walks alone down the hall.

----------------------------------

Cammie's POV
Bio went by quickly. Luckily nothing ended up exploding while being Trav's partner. Travis walks me to maths finally being greeted by my beautiful girlfriend. 'Well... It's still unsure what we are. We still need to talk about everything, but it's been so hectic.'

I take my usually seat, three seats from the front, one ahead of Shannon. Mr Fitz instantly sends me to another world with his boring mathematic equations. Even his curly hair distracts me from maths.

Something small hits the back of my head and lands directly at my feet. I sink down into my chair and study a scrunched up ball of paper. I flick with my feet, thinking back to Shannon's soccer skills, too reach at a suitable distance.

I unravel the note 'You don't look like you're doing much work. Luckily I know of a really good tutor. - From you know who.'

I reply to her note 'I'm working hard trying not to fall asleep, if that helps. Let me know if the tutor will help me with something other than maths.' I write holding the note behind me. I feel Shannon's hand linger as she slowly takes the note from my hand.

I can't help but turn around to see her reaction to my message. 'It kills me that I can't stare at her. It would make maths much more entertaining.' I watch Shannon as she smirks at me sending shocks through my body at the thought of us being alone again.

"Camden Scott!" I hear Mr Fitz yell from behind me. I squint my eyes at Shannon and hope to god he isn't gonna yell. I turn slowly to face the front of the room.

"Yes." I say quietly.

"Face the front." He says angrily "Since you have kindly volunteered, you can answer the equation on the board." He says holding the whiteboard pen towards me.

I approach him slowly taking the blue whiteboard pen from his hand. I don't understand trigonometry at all. All I see is a triangle inside another triangle. I guess an angle and return back to my seat. Hoping like hell I didn't get it wrong.

"Babe, it's wrong." Shannon whispers to me. 'Okay now I feel like such an idiot.'

"Not quiet but close." He says, returning back to his deck. "Now carry on with the rest of the questions." He says angrily.

Shannon pokes me with her pencil to hand me another note . 'It's ok babe, don't worry about it.' It reads, returning my smile.

"Miss Scott, detention! After school!" Mr Fits yells ensuring the whole class knows. Of course he saw me passing notes. I swear he's out to get me.

I sink down into my seat and hide my face with my books. 'Great start to my first day back at school.'

----------------------------------

10k reads that's mad! I only expected 10 reads! Thank you so much!

Feel free to comment and vote it really does encourage me to keep going with the story. Love you all ~Courts 💙

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.3K 350 15
๐™ฉ๐™ช๐™ฉ๐™ฉ๐™š ๐™ก๐™š ๐™ข๐™ž๐™š ๐™ฅ๐™–๐™ง๐™–๐™ค๐™ž๐™š, ๐‘€๐‘Ž๐‘ก๐‘ก๐‘’๐‘œ ๐ต๐‘œ๐‘ก๐‘ก๐‘–๐‘๐‘–๐‘›๐‘– โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ” ๐”ฉ๐”ž ๐”ฐ๐”ž๐”ก ๐”ฃ๐”ž๐”ซ ๐”ฃ๐”ฆ๐” ๐”ฑ๐”ฆ๐”ฌ๐”ซ ๐—ฆ๐—ฎ๐—บ๐—ฎ๐—ป๐˜๐—ต๐—ฎ ๐— ๐—ฎ๐—ป๐—ด๐—ผ, Capel...
1.4K 35 30
Giulia, 18 anni, fin dalla nascita ha avuto a che fare con gli ospedali; solare ma permalosa troverร  l'amore in ospedale Davide, 18 anni, quasi 19 i...
2.4K 218 16
SEQUEL I NEED YOU \\ J:i need you! T:I'm sorry, but you lost me \\ Jessica Alba,ragazza di 15 anni,una normalissima ragazzina che vive a Berlino con...
199K 7.7K 43
LEGGI, NON TE NE PENTIRAI! Beatrice ha trascorso un'indimenticabile notte di passione con un ragazzo piรน grande di lei e ora รจ alle prese con le cons...