Minkus {•Riarkle•}

By LoveLaniLane

When Riley, Farkle, Maya, and Lucas are all blasted twenty years ahead of time, they befriend someone who is... More

The Blast
Minkus Household
Dinner
Search
Fixed by Friar
Conversion
Red Lights
Where Little Fears Grow Great
Fractions
Planning and Feelings
Afterschool
Field Trip
Moody
Pandora's Box
Growing Up
Broadcast (WSC pt. 1)
Live (WSC pt. 2)

Nova

2K 93 67
By LoveLaniLane

Dr. Marbles was correct when saying the position which they'd put themselves in when landing wasn't his choice. All four of the time travelers from 20 years in the past were in awkward positions on the floor of Abigail Adams High School.

Groaning and stirring to sit up on the floor, they look around to see how their school looked near the same but with a much different design. Farkle got up off the floor then helped Riley up too. Maya passed off the help of Lucas, dusting herself off.

"This is Abigail Adams?" Lucas asked to himself as they looked around, checking the different colors and design of the school that almost didn't seem like their own.

"Man! When I was thinking of this place I was kinda hoping it had burned down from a fire or something," Maya huffed in disappointment.

Riley shook her head at her best friend. "Guys, this is our school..."

"Yeah, you wanna state the obvious again?" Maya rolled her eyes.

"Maya! We're twenty years into the future! This is absolutely amazing! We're time travelers!" Riley grinned as she squeezed her best friend into a hug.

"Woah, woah! It's still not confirmed yet that we are in the future!" Lucas said as he still was checking the place out.

"He's right. The redecoration of our school doesn't honestly mean that we are ahead of time by twenty years--"

Farkle was called off by the calling of a female voice. "Hey! What are you guys doing out here?" Their heads turned to see a young teen with dark brown hair and very pale skin. She was dressed in all black; loose black Tee, black skinny jeans, and combat boots. Her light blue eyes widened at the four bodies before her head turned to down the hall.

"Come on! In here!" She called out as she opened up a locker which didn't seem locked in the first place. She looked at four newbies, bewildered. "Come on before you get caught!"

Their bodies started to function as they quickly went to her, only to be pushed in the locker.

"We can't all fit!" Riley panicked as the mystery girl pushed Lucus in, then Maya.

"Trust me you can, keep going back!" She whispered as she pushed Riley and then Farkle and finally herself. The locker seemed to have no end as she closed the locker door. She shushed the gang while she peeked through the small lines to hear the Robotic Hall Monitor rolling down the halls, scanning the area. It stopped, causing the girl to hold her breath not letting go until the monitor started to roll again.

"I'm claustrophobic, guys!" Riley said taking deep breathes. The girl heard that and opened the locker pulling Farkle out with her to let Riley out. Once Riley was out, she took large breathes as she tried to calm yourself.

"That was a close one. You're all lucky I saved your butts or else you'd have to feel the wrath of whatever punishment they would have given you," the girl said looking at the other teens in front of her.

Maya comforted Riley to get her breath again, looking up at the strange girl.

"Why'd you do it?" Maya asked, curiously.

"Because obviously you guys seemed to forget hallway rules. No one out without a pass, and the four of you together obviously meant you guys didn't have passes. They're strict on the rule. Lucky the old locker passage way in the school is always there to save lives!" The girl grinned.

"Locker passage way?" Lucas questioned.

"Are you guys new or something?" The girl asked the four strangers.

"You can say that," Farkle rubbed the back of his neck.

"Every first locker is open to the locker passageway that takes you throughout the school," she informed them.

"Let me guess, you use it often?" Maya chuckled.

"No, I always have a pass," she said as she passed Maya her hall pass causing the other three to look over to see it as well.

Maya raised an eyebrow. "This looked forged."

"It could be..." She said as she snatched it back and straightened out the corners.

"Anyways, thanks...?" Maya stretched out, hoping to get a name.

"Nova," she grinned widely as she held out a hand to shake Maya's hand, which she oddly accepted.

"You four should really head out to class before another Monitor strolls by--"

"HALT. Stay where you are. Please provide hallway access pass and identification card to RHM-5473. HALT. Stay where you are. Please provide hallways access pass and identification card to RHM-5473."

Nova growled as she turned to the stupid Monitor that caught them. The four were wide eyed at the thing that was blinking red at the five teens standing around.

"Hey, RHM-5473! Long time no see! Listen, I have a pass but I forgot my identification card in the classroom. You think you can just pass this by for once, for me and my friends?" She smiled at the small camera the robot held as the eye.

"Identification card please."

"RHM-5473! You know who I am! My father made you!" Nova scoffed, as she tapped her foot and crossed her arms over her chest.

"Alerting security to Hallway 7A. Five unidentified figures in Hallway 7A. Please remain where you are until an authority figure arrives."

"God I missed it when it was human's who protected these halls!" Nova grumbled. She looked at the four nervous teens and gave them sad smiles. "Sorry, guys. Just follow my lead!"

The four nodded at her until the principle arrived and smirked at Nova who held her head high.

"Of course it's you, Nova," the principal stated, shaking his head.

"Principal Babineaux, what brings you the pleasure in appearing into my presence?" Nova hummed. Zay tilted his head pointing to the Monitor which was still in alert mode. Nova looked at it before taking a breath.

"I think it's broken."

Zay show his head. "With me, Nova."

Nova sighed and followed her principle gesturing for the other four to follow her too.

"Is that Zay?" Riley whispered to Lucas who was still wide eyed that Zay, his best friend, had become the principal of John Adams High School.

"I don't believe it either..." Lucas said. "He hated school, had the grades to prove it. How did he become this?"

"The future is weird, man..." Maya said shaking her head as she walked the familiar route to the principal's office.

"I've never been in trouble before!" Farkle shook nervously.

They were shushed by Nova who glared at them just as they entered the principal's office.

"Before you speak Mr. Babineaux, I would like the time to call my lawyer. I have done nothing wrong. I am to plead not guilty to any crimes which I have committed," Nova stated as she looked down at her manicured nails.

"Nova, there is no reason to call a lawyer in here," Zay chuckled.

"Yes, well, if I were to, they will represent me and the four who stand behind me," Nova stated waving to them.

Zay looked up, making weird expressions as he took in the faces of the four people who stood in front of him. He blinked several times. Riley pulled a nervous grin as she waved to Zay, only to have Maya pull her arm down.

"I am obviously hallucinating," he whispered to himself.

"What's my punishment, Mr. Babineaux? I can handle it," Nova said, taking a dramatic deep breath and closed her eyes.

Zay took a breath, "Well, seeing as this is your seventh time you have been caught this semester, the reasonable thing to do is to call your parents."

Nova's head snapped up, giving a horrid look to her principal. She started to shake her head, sitting up straighter in her seat.

"Call my lawyer!" Nova demanded.

"Nova, I'm not calling your lawyer. They've already told me that you can't keep calling every time you get in trouble in school. Unless you're suing the school district, no call."

"How much to sue?" Nova asked seriously.

"You're not suing anyone, Nova!"

"It's easier than dealing with my parents if you call them. My lawyer is easier to reach," Nova sighed.

"I'm calling your parents," Zay stated as he pressed the button for a glass screen to come out of the desk and search for the number for Nova's parents.

"They're both probably busy doing who knows what with their jobs! You know what? Call my mother. She'll be easier on me. My father wouldn't understand if you try to explain it to him," Nova rolled her eyes.

"I'm calling them both, see which one picks up first."

"Can I step out while you do it? I don't want to be here when you talk to them."

"There're chairs out there for you to sit," Zay said. She nodded and stood up.

The four other teens were silent as they had watched. Zay stopped them from following Nova. "You four surely do look a lot like my best friends in high school?"

"Uh!" They all looked at each other, not knowing what to say.

"They're with me, Mr. Babineaux! They're family friends, they're staying with me for a while so, yeah," Nova stepped in as she pulled on Farkle's shirt and forced him to move behind her, yanking the rest out of the room as she smiled sweetly to her principal. She pressed the button which slid the door closed before pressing her back against it and letting out a loud breath.

"I'm dead."

"You have a nice smile," Lucas pointed out randomly and smiled down at the girl. The other four kids looked at him either confused or disgusted while Lucas smiled at them all. "What? It is a nice smile."

"Shut up, Woody," Maya rolled her eyes.

"I need to think," Nova stated as she looked up at the ceiling. "He knows you four aren't students? He's picked it up. Now, I don't know who you four are but I'm going to need something to make a story to tell my parents."

"Can you tell them that we're from twenty years in the past and we are only here to see how we turned out?" Riley said with a large, open-mouthed grin.

Nova matched her grin with laughed, throwing her head back and all. "The crazy part is that they'll probably believe you!"

Riley, Farkle, Maya, and Lucas all looked at each other nervously once again.

"But seriously, did you guys break in or something?" Nova chuckled.

"Yes," Maya said hesitantly. "We are runaways and we thought that with public school such as this one, we'd blend in for a while before our next move."

"Oh my goodness. Well, good thing you bumped into me! Do you guys have clothes? A place to sleep? Do you eat?"

Maya shook her head, bowing slightly as she wiped away a fake tear. Nova's face softened as she pulled Maya close and hugged her. "Don't you guys worry! Once my parents know you guys don't have a place to stay, they're sure to take you in. We try our very best to give to the unfortunate."

"Thank you, Nova. You're such a bright soul!" Riley grinned.

Nova matched her grin. "That's what my mother calls me, too!"

Zay's doorway slid open, revealing his office to the teenagers again.

"Your parents are on their way now, Nova," Zay said taking a seat back in his chair.

"Both of them?" Nova said surprised.

"Both are coming. They were both in a meeting when I called. They had just finished it so they'll be able to arrive soon."

"Wow. What a surprise. Usually it's one or the other," Nova shrugged, taking a seat again.

"Now, for your parents--" Zay gestured to the other group of delinquents in the room.

"Mr. Babineaux, as I said, they're my guests. My parents are responsible for them until their parents come back from their trips in the frozen tundra. They'll take care of them, all of us really," Nova said.

"Okay, but can I get names to put down in the records at least?" Zay said taking out a glass hologram keyboard.

"Uh, Logan... Freeman?" Lucas said with hesitation, not thinking about what he should be called here.

"May Harper," Maya said, clearing her throat.

"Freddie Myers," Farkle said, his knee bouncing in nervousness and for lying.

"I'm Reed Manning!" Riley said loudly, biting her lip nervously.

They all look at her concerned except Maya who rolled her eyes. Zay typed it all down on his computer. He eyed Nova.

"You know me!" Nova huffed, shaking her head. He repeated her actions before putting the computer back down into the desk.

"So, when is it going to be Group Dinner again? Your mom hasn't sent notifications out yet," Zay said interested in the topic he brought up.

"Next Sunday. She's still having trouble getting responses from a few of her caterers so she hasn't let people know yet until it's certain she can get them to do the cake for the dessert table," Nova shrugged.

"Oh, yeah! We can't go without the cake. Will it be that delicious ice cream icing with chocolate layers again?"

"Pretty sure, yeah," Nova nodded, a small smile teasing her lips.

Zay shivered as he moaned out. "I love that cake! Your mother had good taste when it comes to cake, but in men? Lousy as always," Zay shook his head.

"I heard that!" A male voice said as the door slid to the side to reveal Nova's father, her mother right behind him with a large grin on her face. Nova rolled her eyes and slumped in her seat, releasing a sigh. The teaser smile on her father's face, caused Zay to stand and smile at his two best friends.

"Farkle! What's happening, man? Been a while since we've seen each other!" Zay said greeting his friend. "You know I was kidding about that lousy men joke."

"Even if you weren't, I'm sure I wasn't supposed to hear it!" The older Farkle laughed.

"Ain't that right!" Zay said before hugging the woman behind him tightly. "Riley, sweetums, how've you been, sugar plum?"

"Quite well, Zay. And don't you know better than to flirt with me in front of my husband?" The older and more mature Riley laughed as she leaned against her husband's side.

"I'm sorry, I do it with all the ladies. It's just how they respond back is the interesting part, am I right?" Zay chuckled, fist bumping with Nova who wore her mother's grin.

As they joked around, the four teenagers from another time were frozen as they had made the connection on what was happening.

Nova's parents were Riley and Farkle Minkus.

Cliffhanger! Vote or comment if you like it so far! I would love to know what you think! :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

203K 5.7K 25
Maya loves Riley. Cory can tell. Lucas is cheating. Maya knows. Riley is oblivious to it all.
16.1K 698 17
High school changes people. It breaks up friendships. After an accident during freshmen year, Riley finds herself separated from Lucas and Maya, her...
4.4K 89 23
Follow Maya and Josh's journey as they take on graduation, a new business, engagement, ghosts from their past, weddings, death and so much more.
68.8K 1.4K 33
↠︎ re-edited. MAYA HART starts her senior year of college with her best friends. with everyone in serious relationships, she is wondering if the pr...