basorexia || matt daddario au...

By daddareo

typical college story, in which a girl agrees on finally spending some time with her roommate's brother. // b... More

basorexia.
cast;
1. pizza.
2. coffee shop.
3. spilled coffee.
4. jason's party.
5. library studying.
6. the match day's arrived.
7. victory.
8. celebration party.
9. brother.
10. boxing.
11. facetiming marcus.
12. the first date.
14. masquerade flashback.
15. family dinner.
16. juice café.
17. the first k.
18. late night drive.
19. the beach.
20. getting exclusive.
21. christmas with the daddarios.
22. new years with the marinovs.
23. now we're fighting.
24. hasta el amanecer.
25. the day after.
26. art show.
27. the last game.
28. and the truth shall be revealed.
29. comprehending & coping.
30. saying goodbye.
bonus: the letters.
epilogue.
sequel??
matt & cassie video + sequel
new story!
new stories.

13. hospital.

3.3K 133 124
By daddareo

to: sass cass

what's your favorite scary movie

-

to: matt daddyrio

is this a quote from scream or whatever that horror movie's called

-

to: sass cass

i think it's from the parody 'scary movie' but i don't know for sure

-

to: matt daddyrio

okay, well, nice way to start a conversation

-

to: sass cass

i know ;-)

to: sass cass

anyway what's up

-

to: matt daddyrio

i thought those creepy smileys died years ago

to: matt daddyrio

i just finished a movie and now i'm just waiting for your game to start

-

to: sass cass

it's like two hours until the game starts

-

to: matt daddyrio

i know that. but i have no problem with staying in bed until then

-

to: sass cass

so you're gonna stay in bed for hours?

-

to: matt daddyrio

that is the question, isn't it. do i stay in bed or do i get out of it to do something productive

-

to: sass cass

both

to: sass cass

you get out of your bed and get in mine

-

to: matt daddyrio

real smooth, captain

-

cassie might have snorted when she received that message. after contemplating it for a while, her feet forced her up from bed and out of the room.

it didn't take her long until she was outside matt's dorm, and it took her even shorter time to open the door and stepping inside. her eyes landed on matt instantly; he was laying in bed on his side and scrolling down his phone, probably thinking it was mason.

after rolling her eyes a little over him not acknowledging her, she placed herself on his bed, mirroring his position, and cocking both eyebrows upwards once.

"shit, cass." he exhaled as he put away his phone. "you scared me a bit."

"that was the point, matthew." she laughed and glanced down. "thanks for the invitation. your bed is a lot softer than mine."

"you really came over here because of what i wrote?" he raised his eyebrows in surprise and licked his lips.

"mhm. where's mason?"

"out and about." matt shrugged and she nodded.

both of them used the brief silence to eye each other. matt was merely wearing a pair of sweatpants, and so was cassie but with a sports bra. it was amusing when they realized it.

"are you excited for the game?" she asked and looked into his eyes again.

"yeah, a bit. not as much as i was before the last one, but i think we both know why." he smiled and so did she.

"come on, where's the game spirit?" she whispered jokingly and pursed her lips.

"somewhere. i'll find it once we get out of this bed." he assured her and tried not to smile too widely.

"good."

"you never answered my question before."

"about my favorite scary movie?"

"yeah."

"i guess house at the end of the street. or the strangers." she answered and nodded once for herself.

"is the first one with jennifer lawrence?"

"mhm."

"then i've seen it. it's great, actually."

"it is." she laughed and tucked away some loose strands of hair from her face. "you have quite thick hair." she inspected and frowned a bit.

"so do you."

"yeah, but..." she laughed very quietly and shook her head a bit.

"but what? it's true." he shrugged and grinned.

cassie smiled as she looked down and licked her lips, not knowing what to say for the moment. matt didn't bother either, he just gazed at her with a half smile and fiddled with the ends of her hair.

she looked back up at him and closed her mouth completely. she noticed how usual it was for him to have his lips parted and his tongue laying on top of his bottom teeth.

"shouldn't you get ready for the game soon?" she asked quietly and barely squinted with her eyes.

"shouldn't you warm up to cheer for our game soon?" he retorted while raising his eyebrows.

"touché."

"i just want to let you know that the guy who spilled his drink over you on that masquerade was chris." he smirked and she gaped.

"what?! and you didn't tell me?!" she exclaimed, half sat up — her elbow propping her up — and playfully slapped his chest.

"what?" he chuckled and shrugged innocently. "i didn't know you then and i just thought about it."

"still! you know what? goodbye." she faked a smile and turned around to reluctantly get out of bed.

"oh no, this is way too cosy." he hastily wrapped an arm around her stomach and forced her back, resulting in her ending on top of him.

"hey!" she giggled and rested her palms against his shoulders. "you're holding me here against my will."

"don't pretend like you're not enjoying this." he tried to copy her words, locking his arms around her waist.

"oh, ha-ha." she scrunched up her nose and pushed all her hair to one side as she put her cheek against his shoulder.

"we need to stop acting like a couple." he mumbled and caressed her back with his fingertips, causing a few goosebumps to grow on her body due to the coldness.

"pfft, i don't know what you're talking about." she snickered and made a face.

"of course you don't."

"but i do like it. it's just... nice." she shrugged, almost whispering.

"yeah?"

"yeah. i just love how comfortable we are with each other. don't you?" she smiled and peered up at him.

"you know that my answer to that is gonna' be a yes." he scoffed as if it was obvious, but not in a rude way, and looked down at her. "oh man, you're witnessing my double chin."

"you don't have one." she lied slowly and pursed her lips.

"please. everyone has one."

"okay, you're right. i'll just look away." she laughed and sat up carefully, automatically straddling him that way.

"so much for looking away." he deadpanned and rested his hands against her thighs.

"we need to get out of this bed now. you have to practice and i have to get ready." she sighed and stood up.

matt nodded while following her lead and eyed her quickly. cassie stared at him as he took a step closer and tucked away some of her hair, cracking a weak smile.

of course, mason emerged inside the room, almost tripping, and then froze. his eyes flickered between the two before he closed them and sighed.

"i'm such a cockblocker." he muttered — more to himself — which made cassie giggle a bit.

"good luck on the game, matt." she grinned as she left the room.

"thanks." he mumbled and awkwardly waved at her before glaring at his poor roommate with bad timing.

an hour and a struggling warm up later, cassie talked with candice and matt with chris. alex and vanessa were by the stands and the other team arrived a few minutes earlier.

it was just like any other game, really. cassie and the others cheered happily while the team played severely, still trying to hold the amount of games won in a row.

when matt was quite close to the cheerleader captain though, someone took him by complete surprise and knocked him down. cassie ceased her movements as she literally heard a bone crack, considering matt never really had the time to fully react.

so he fell to the ground, twisting a bit in sudden pain and showed that through his face. the brunette immediately dropped her pom poms, seeing as nobody else had noticed yet.

"matt?!" she called as she rushed over to him and kneeled down. "matt! oh my god, are you alright?"

"jesus, this hurts." he groaned and she swallowed.

"no need to be overdramatic." she tried to joke to lighten the mood up and chewed on her bottom lip. "coach is calling an ambulance. what the hell happened?"

"i was about to turn around, but he knocked me down halfway there."

"dude, i am so sorry." the player from the opposite team apologized, and people were finally starting to realize what happened.

"coach, are we cancelling the game?" chris asked and looked over at matt.

"no, we'll continue."

"but coach, matt's our–"

"you take his position. he'll be fine, don't worry. just let the ambulance get him and then we'll continue."

"what the hell happened?!" alex exclaimed when she stood beside cassie and looked down at her brother.

"i'm fine, alex." matt tried to sound convincing, but failed.

"yeah, sure." she scoffed back and gulped.

"hey, no time for sibling bickering." cassie shared a look with both of them as she — unconsciously at first — held his hand.

"coach says they'll be here in a minute." alex mumbled and fidgeted in worry.

"you're making a big deal out of this."

"matthew. i heard your bone crack." cassie pointed out and raised her eyebrows. "and pardon us for being worried."

"you're holding my hand, cass." matt remarked with a smile and gave hers a light squeeze, as if to make her realize that. "i'm not dying."

"i know." she smiled back and frowned a little. "don't act like you're not enjoying it."

a short while later, the ambulance finally arrived, and the pain had only increased in matt's leg by then. alex was allowed to go with them of course, being family, and cassie told them she was his girlfriend; they let her on.

alex just questioningly looked at her but shook it off. as they reached the hospital, the two girls simply followed the people inside and had to wait outside while a doctor was checking his leg and treating it.

cassie chewed on her fingernail and received some strange looks from people who passed by, probably because of her clothes. alex slapped away her hand to stop cassie from biting her nails and earned an eye roll back.

"hey." a rather young nurse greeted them as she stepped out of matt's room. "just wanted to let you know that it's just a broken leg, nothing too serious. footballs player have it coming though, don't they?"

"right." cassie forced a smile and glanced behind the nurse's shoulder. "he's not sleeping, is he?"

"well, we gave him some epidural to ease the pain and then he wanted to rest. so yes, he's sleeping. but you can go inside if you want."

the two girls nodded before silently entering the room where matt was indeed sleeping with a leg splint. alex sat down on the chair by the bed and folded her arms together against the edge of it.

"he had it coming." cassie joked and shrugged, making alex laugh quietly and shake her head.

"what's even the fun in this sport?" alex mumbled and eyed her brother.

"i have no idea."

alex smiled and rested her cheek against her arms. they sat like that for a long while, in silence and waiting for him to wake up. it didn't take too long for alex to grow tired, and cassie insisted for her to go back. after all, matt wasn't exactly dying and it was getting late.

when alex left, cassie placed herself on that chair and sighed before seizing matt's hand and rubbing it with her thumb. she rested her head against the edge of the cold bed and managed to nap until he finally woke up.

"shit." matt muttered as he tried to sit up properly without waking her up.

"don't swear." cassie mumbled and looked at him. "we're in a hospital."

"exactly, a hospital. not a church." he retorted and glanced down at their hands. "what are you doing here?"

"really?" she said blankly and raised her eyebrows. "how's your leg?"

"better. i mean, it still hurts like a bi– scuit." he saved himself and sheepishly smiled.

"smooth." she laughed and tiredly smiled.

"hey, why did you tell them you were my girlfriend? i heard, despite my cries of pain." he asked curiously.

"they wouldn't have let me on otherwise. family and girlfriends only, most of the time."

"you care enough to lie. that's good to know. and where's alex?"

"she was tired, so i forced her back to school. besides, your life's not on the edge."

"my sister's so caring." he exhaled and made a face.

"most of the time." she laughed and pressed her lips together, receiving a text message. "you guys won the game. congratulations."

"thanks. wish i could've seen the victory."

"no, wouldn't you rather be here?" she frowned and looked around the white room.

"yeah, absolutely. such a lovely place to spend time in."

"did you see the chocolate pudding?" she grinned and had to lean over him to reach it.

"gross." he grimaced and shook his head. she pulled her head back with a deep frown and stared at him for a few seconds.

"please tell me you're kidding." she deadpanned, and he only shrugged while shaking his head shamelessly. "i swear, this just ruined our relationship."

"oh wow, the fact that i hate pudding did that?" he asked sarcastically, a hand against his chest.

"uh, yes." she said as if it was evident and opened the dessert. "how can you even hate it?"

"it's slimy, lukewarm, has this weird consistency and it's just disgusting. how can you even like it?" he retorted and used his fingers to count the reasons.

"you're a very negative person." she stated and ate from it.

"and you're a very positive person. way too positive." he answered, looking at her with a severe expression.

"what's that supposed to mean?"

"it just makes me wonder, that's all. you're so happy and kind, as if you've never been sad."

"don't be stupid, everybody's been sad. it's inevitable." she mumbled and looked down.

"okay, have you ever been heartbroken? and this doesn't only mean boys."

"shouldn't you know that? i mean, if you were the mummy at that party."

"right. i forgot about that." he mumbled, almost in shame, and fiddled with his fingers.

"it's okay." she laughed and tossed the now empty cup in the trash.

cassie winked at him with a weak smile, in a strange way assuringly, and let her hair down from its previous ponytail. matt glanced down at his leg and sighed, absolutely hating to walk with crutches. he averted his eyes to her when a buzzing sound came from beside him, watching her pick up her phone and answer.

"hey." marcus spoke up from the other line.

"hi. what's up?"

"you're still up for the family dinner tomorrow, right?"

"right." she nodded, even though he couldn't see her.

"good, okay. can i ask you something without you flipping on me...?"

"i hate it when you start your sentences like that." she sighed and put her thumb and middle finger against her forehead. "sure, what is it?"

"it's just an idea, really–"

"spit it out."

"maybe we could ask matt if he wants to come too?" marcus blurted out.

cassie — who had been gazing down at the floor — blinked up at matt and stared at the poor boy as if he had just committed a crime. she opened her mouth to speak, but nothing came out at first.

"are you drunk?"

"i'm serious. you know, i can see some great potential here and sooner or later, he's gonna' have to meet them." her brother spoke like a scientist examining something.

"can you please just... not. he's not–"

"–your boyfriend, i know. yet." he almost whispered the last part, most likely smirking to himself.

"did you just say 'yet'?" she mumbled with a menacing voice. "marcus, forget it, it's not going to happen. besides, why would he want to anyway? and i just want to inform you that he's been in an accident. broke his leg."

"not to seem like an arrogant ass, but are you talking about me, and if so, may i participate in this conversation?" matt butted in while pointing at himself.

"oh my god, are you with him right now?" marcus laughed, causing her to roll her eyes. "put him on speaker."

"fine." she muttered and reluctantly turned the speaker on. "but i'm not asking."

"matt, you there?"

"yep."

"cassandrina and i are visiting our mom and dad tomorrow, and i thought it'd be fun if you'd like to join us."

matt looked up at cassie with raised eyebrows and the weakest smirk. she barely squinted with her eyes at him and took a deep breath, already knowing his evident answer.

"i would love to." matt smiled and folded his arms together. she rolled her eyes back and leaned her head back a little too.

"great, thank you. how's the leg?"

"i've had worse." matt shrugged to himself, only adding more annoyance in cassie. "thanks for asking."

"no problem, hope it gets better. see you tomorrow. oh, and cassandrina?"

"what?" she snapped and parted her lips.

"tsuni me otzad."

"i'd rather not. goodbye." she grimaced before hanging up and looking at matt as if he had just pulled the dumbest shit ever.

"what did he say?" he asked curiously and pursed his lips.

"kiss my ass. and what the hell, matthew?"

"what? can you blame me for wanting to meet your parents?" he chuckled.

"meeting the parents is for a couples who just started dating! that's not us."

"you're cute when you're mad."

"cliché."

"doesn't matter. you still are."

"and you're really ugly when you're being annoying." she suppressed a smile and shook her head.

"aw, don't pout. let's see that pretty smile of yours."

"matt–"

but before the sentence could be finished, matt had reached out and started to tickle her — and cassie erupted into laughter for a brief moment.

she managed to grab his hands in hers after a few seconds and sheepishly smiled at him. he happily grinned and glanced down at their hands, which she noticed.

"you have really small hands."

"comparing to you, yes."

the door to the room slowly opened, revealing the nurse from earlier. she entered with a soft smile and eyed the two before speaking up.

"visiting hour's closed. girlfriend's gotta go." she informed them in a quiet voice.

"i was just about to leave anyway. may i steal him tomorrow or is it too early?" cassie asked with a smile and rubbed the top of matt's hand with her thumb.

"well, he seems to be completely fine. a pair of crutches and he should be okay. it doesn't seem like the first time this has happened. yes, you may."

"that's my matt, brutal on the field and sometimes clumsy." she laughed through her nose and nodded. "thank you. i'll see you tomorrow, love."

cassie had turned to matt by the last words and bit on her lip. she stood up from the chair and pushed away some of his hair away from his forehead before placing her lips there for a second.

"goodnight." matt grinned and caressed her cheek softly while she did that. a few seconds later, she waved to him and followed the nurse out of there.

-

a/n

quick update because i let you wait a week before this one, so enjoy!!

and question; i have two chapters in mind to write after this one. of course the family dinner, but also a flashback to the masquerade. which one do you want first??

hugs

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

62 6 17
With the desire to be perceived as normal person, Cassie enters College expecting life to be different than what she's used to from highschool, but r...
10.2K 76 14
GeorgeNotFound and you are roomates!! Love story? Might add smut idkkk (Maimly fluff) In college x fem reader (sorryyy) M's writing
12M 237K 45
"Since the first day I met you I've wanted to do this so bad Holly". Just your average cliché wattpad story. Read at your own risk. You will encounte...
188K 4.3K 20
"I have to rent an apartment near my college and the only one I can afford is with a roommate" "Am i jealous? no im not im just.....sad" "Why do you...