16. juice café.

"would that be all?" cassie smiled as she finished writing in her little notepad.

"yes, thank you." the girl by the table nodded and leaned back.

"then i'll be back in a minute."

cassie moved over to behind the counter, taking out the fruit that the juice required. yes, she was working in a juice café, but only now and then. it was something to enjoy instead of sitting by the dorm and studying on the weekends.

"gloves, cassandra." her co-worker whispered as he passed her.

"you know that's not my name, emmett." she sighed and sent him a glare, putting her gloves on.

"well, you won't tell me your full name and your nickname is cassie. what else am i supposed to go on?" emmett laughed and raised his dark eyebrows at her.

"cassie. maybe my parents actually named me that?" she smiled and dropped the strawberries into the blender.

"don't think so." he scrunched up his nose while shaking his head and turned his head to the customer in front of him.

the brunette with a messy ponytail rolled her eyes and mixed the drink. she looked up at the people currently sitting by booths and tables until the juice was finished.

cassie poured it into two glasses before returning to the table with the two people, putting down the drinks.

"here you go." she smiled — a little bit forced — and pursed her lips.

"thanks." the guy now answered a second before drinking. she awkwardly walked over to the counter and folded her arms together against it.

"you know what you should do?" she spoke up and gazed at emmett. he just moved his body in a questioning way, crossing his arms. "have some live music here every now and then. it would really live the place up after dinner time."

"live music? really?" he scoffed, but not rudely. "and what kind of music? this is a juice slash smoothie café with some food."

"i don't know, pop music?" she shrugged, and then grinned while standing straight. "a band." she added walking over to an area in the place. "right here, a stage. it's enough ground and it's not used. there's just a pool table here, but you could move it over there, more to the middle–"

cassie was pointing everywhere now, first at the potential stage area and then where they could re-situate the pool table. emmett chuckled over her sudden enthusiasm and hurried over to her, putting a hand against her mouth to shut her up.

"cassie, calm down. fine, i'll look it up. we just need to find a good band and move around a little. you're scaring the customers." he grinned widely before dropping his hand.

"do you promise to?" she asked in disbelief.

"i'm the owner, aren't i? or well, my dad, but i'm in charge." he shrugged and then knitted his eyebrows together.

"yay!" she cheered and bit on her bottom lip. "okay, i'll calm down. i just realized that i have a smoothie to make. excuse me." she added with a little laugh and placed herself in her position again.

the juice café, with the most original name ever — emmett's — was located as close to the beach as possible, which was one of the great things about it. the building itself was medium large and just screamed beach style.

the door wasn't an actual door; there was a wire curtain, but with small pearls that sounded whenever someone entered the café. it also consisted of an outdoor seating. many people came directly from the beach to drink or eat, or to just hang out. cassie liked it a lot.