10. boxing.

don't be ghost readers and i'll give you a cookie xx

-

matt sat on the field stands with his hands locked together against his lap. the brunette cheerleader cartwheeled over the grass and exhaled with a smile. she was aware of his presence and totally fine with it.

"tell me about your rebel phase." matt said and gazed at her.

"not gonna' happen." cassie laughed and gracefully stood on her hands before smoothly standing on her feet again, doing half a circle.

"come on. can't be that bad, can it?" he squinted with his eyes due to the sun and parted his lips.

"it's not literally a rebel phase, matthew." she breathed out and put her hands on her hips. "i was just growing, and i wanted to sneak out every now and then."

"to do what exactly?" he smirked and raised one of his eyebrows.

"well, if you need to know, i went to small parties and made out with boys." she told him and went down in a split.

"you?" he said in disbelief. "and wow. never seen you go down in a split before."

"yes, me. just a phase." she laughed and leaned her upper body forward very slowly until she could rest her arms against the ground. "congrats. there's always a first."

"that looks extremely painful." he grimaced and frowned at her.

"so, what did you use to do?" she asked and smiled up at him.

"i once threw a party at home when my parents were away. alex came home in the middle of it from a friend and flipped, but she just went to her room. the thought of cleaning up a mess to hide the evidence didn't occur to me until i woke up and saw the house. i got in big trouble for that."

cassie laughed lowly as she sat up properly again and then laid down on her back. matt smiled at her and placed his chin against his folded arms, enjoying the quietness.

"do you want to know a secret?" she asked quietly and turned her head to him.

"does it have anything to do with you?" he asked back and wryly smiled.

"no, but your sister." she smirked and pursed her lips.

"i'm listening." he chuckled and bit his lip.

"our siblings had a thing once." she blurted out and put her hands against her stomach. "i don't think any of them knows that i know."

"wait, what? alex and marcus?"

"yeah. when my brother first visited me in college, they hung out for a few hours and just got along. they didn't know i was in the bathroom when marcus kissed her. then he left of course, but he visited again a few months later and that was awkward in the beginning, but... i think they do like each other, they just don't want to take it that seriously at the moment. they've kissed more than once but that's all."

cassie finished and stood up again, stretched her entire body and placed herself beside matt, who had his eyes slightly widened and a confused smile on his face.

"why won't they take it seriously?" he asked quietly and looked at her.

"she's in college, he's working. he doesn't live here, she's my roommate. it'd be a bit weird, you know. it'd be odd if we started dating and i'd have to tell her tha– no, first i'd ask her if that's okay. she's your sister after all."

"so... it's weird to date your best friend's sibling?" he asked to clarify it and grinned.

"definitely." she laughed and nodded with her lips pressed together. "but it would work because in the end, who cares?" she added with a smile and glanced down.