4. jason's party.

"how'd your french test go?" cassie asked while brushing her straight hair.

"well, i hope." alex laughed and put on her dress.

cassie put the brush away and changed her clothes to a tight, navy blue tank top with a few buttons at the top, a cream white skirt with a few matching blue details and then a brown belt.

she smiled at her friend and checked the time on her phone, reading a few texts quickly. alex opened the door for her with a smirk and then locked it after them, exiting the college building.

they walked down the road, small talking while moving towards jason's house (technically, it was his parent's, but they weren't home, and he usually spent his days there when possible).

once they reached the ear deafening area, already propped with many college students, alex dragged her inside and to the kitchen.

"you are so eager to get drunk." cassie laughed and filled two red cups.

"not to get drunk, but to drink. i like alcohol, sue me." alex smirked and grabbed one of them. "but i do not like getting drunk. it sucks."

"right." cassie smiled and took a sip from hers. "where's vanessa?"

"on the backyard. at least she was five minutes ago." so they positioned themselves in the backyard by vanessa. jason soon joining them with a friendly smile.

"hey, glad you could come." he greeted them and nodded a bit.

"glad to come. nice mix, by the way." vanessa smiled and gestured with her cup.

"tip from my cousin, actually. thank god it tastes good." he chuckled and drank from his. cassie glanced behind his shoulder and laid eyes on matt.

he stood a bit away from them, talking to his friends as always. she stared way too intently for a while before looking away and returning her focus to her group.

"... remember when you used to hit on everyone with boobs?"

cassie frowned abruptly and looked between all three of them. jason scratched the back of his head and laughed, almost embarrassed.

"yeah, that was a very immature phase. i'm sorry, and especially to you." he apologized, fixing his eyes at cassie.

"hm? what?" she mumbled, confused.

"remember when he hit on you, like three times during the same day?" alex laughed and covered her mouth with the back of her hand.

"and it wasn't pretty either." vanessa mumbled and looked down with a sheepish smile.

"oh." cassie exhaled and shook her head at the memories. "yeah, that was... awkward. the worst part was when you were so extremely wasted that you tripped over your own feet and stumbled into me. and then you said one of those ridiculous pick-up lines."

"like i said; i'm deeply sorry." he chuckled and bit on his lip.

matt couldn't prevent himself from occasionally glimpse at cassie, despite jason's body covering half of her. he smiled a bit and slid his hands down his pockets, looking down at the ground.

"just go talk to her." his friend, mason, laughed and raised his eyebrows. matt frowned, not realizing how obvious he was.

"i don't know what you're talking about." he scoffed and pressed a smile.

"if you're going to deny it to your best friend, then i'll have to take drastic measures." mason sighed and walked away from him.

he approached the other group and smiled at them all, then focused on cassie who just drank from her cup.