1. pizza.

"cassie, look out!"

before the brunette had the time to react, or even turn around completely, an object sharply hit her face. due to the surprise, she stumbled and fell back against the grass.

cassie quietly groaned and put her hand against her forehead, sitting up properly. she soon glimpsed a boy jogging towards her, crouching down so they were in the same height.

"ouch." she muttered and glared at him.

"sorry, definitely didn't mean for it to hit you." he chuckled, pursing his lips when she lethally stared at him.

"oh, absolutely not." she scoffed. he stood up again and offered her his hand, but she stood up without taking it.

"come on, cass. i really didn't mean it."

"i don't care, matthew." she said, emphasizing his full name. "i'm just gonna' go back to my dorm now. can i do that without getting a football in my face?"

"yeah." he rolled his eyes, yet smiled at her. "but be careful."

"i think i'll be fine." she bit on her lip and turned around, still holding her own forehead. it hurt more than she imagined it would.

cassie sighed and walked away from the big football court, forcing herself not to glance back at him. she smiled at a few friends who passed by and quickly opened the door, entering her room.

her roommate looked up from her book and eyed the girl. cassie walked over to the bathroom and made sure she didn't have any dirt on her face.

"you look pissed. what did my brother do now?" the other girl smirked and crossed her legs over the bed.

"threw a football at my face." cassie laughed and leaned her body against he doorframe. "how do you stand out with him, alex?"

"it's a struggle." alex joked and dramatically sighed. "i'm sure he didn't mean for it to hit you though."

"i know." cassie smiled and changed from her tight t-shirt to a hoodie instead. "how come he still has the thickest, brittish accent, while you talk with pure american?"

"he likes his accent a lot, and he loves his home. it's easier for me to adjust, i guess. is your face better?"

"yeah. not the first time i get a football in my face." she cocked her head to the side and sat down on the bed. "how was art class?"

"eh, a bit boring today." alex shrugged and glanced down. "how was cheerleading?"

"exhausting." cassie smiled and put her hair up in a ponytail. "and the boys aren't being very discreet with their staring."

alex smirked and shook her head before returning to read her book. she laid down on her bed and occasionally checked her phone when receiving a text. cassie decided to study, so she could finish in calmness instead of stressing. they remained like that for quite a while, until alex sat up after reading a text. she put her book away and dressed on a cardigan, earning cassie's attention after a few seconds.

"we're going out to eat dinner in a few minutes. want to come?" she asked the brunette, folding her arms together.

"no, it's okay. i think i'll stay and eat something small later." cassie smiled assuringly and watched alex grabbing her keys.

"you sure?" cassie nodded. "alright, but i'll bring you a pizza back or something."

alex winked before disappearing out of the room. cassie laughed quietly and put her studying aside for now; she started reading her book instead, laying on her stomach.