9. brother.

it was early saturday now that she was placed on the floor, organizing the recent photographs she had taken. alex was out somewhere unknown, vanessa was studying and candice was practicing soccer.

needless to say, cassie was alone in her room. but she wasn't complaining, considering she was always surrounded by people otherwise. now, she could sit alone, a little background music filling the silent air, and do what she wanted to.

she hummed on the song while putting her things back in her drawer with a pen between her teeth, and then sat down on the edge of the bed. just as she was about to note something down, someone knocked on the door. cassie knew it wasn't alex or vanessa since they never needed to knock at all. after a few seconds, she was certain it wasn't matt either, because he always knocked and then entered anyway.

"come in!" she called after a moment, her voice being a bit muffled by the pen. no one answered or opened, so she simply shook her head and started noting. and then another knock. "hello? you can come in, it's open!" still nothing. "oh, for god's sake..."

cassie reluctantly stood up from the bed, put her things down and walked over to the door. with her mind believing it was some stupid joke from another student, she opened it and dropped her face out of shock.

"missed me, sis?"

"oh my god, marcus!" she sqeualed a second before wrapping her arms around her brother's neck and tightly hugging him. "what are you doing here?"

marcus laughed as he hugged her back and then smiled down at her. she locked her hands together behind his back and widely grinned.

"i don't work this weekend, and i was nearby so why not visit you?" he shrugged and rolled his eyes when she refused to let go off him just yet.

"you could've told me." she smiled and dropped her arms beside her body.

"can't you just be happy to see me?" he tilted his head to the side and raised his eyebrows.

"fine. i'm really glad you're here." she sheepishly smiled and folded her arms together.

"good. where's alex?" he asked while stepping inside and putting his small backpack by the corner of the room.

"i don't know, actually. somewhere."

"uh huh."

cassie made a face before stretching her arms a bit. as if on schedule, alex walked inside with her eyes on her phone. when she looked up though, she cracked a happy grin and eyed the third person.

"finally! took you long enough." she laughed and hugged marcus briefly.

"nice to see you again too, alexandra. i see you haven't changed at all." he smirked and hugged her back.

"wait, you knew he was coming?" cassie asked with a frown and pointed at them.

"of course. you were the one to be surprised." alex smirked and pressed her lips together.

"well, i was." cassie stated and glared at her friend.

"lovely!" alex cheered jokingly and raised her hands by the level of her shoulders.

"so, after checking your schedule with alex, i've booked you to hang out with me this afternoon and tomorrow before i leave." marcus proclaimed and leaned his body against the wall, arms crossed.

"sounds great. and the football field is quite free to use too." cassie mumbled and tucked some hair behind her ear.

"so regular football then." he asked happily and licked his lips.