Water Goddess

By Skylinger

When Kailani turns 16 she is quickly thrust into the world of gods, goddesses, demi-gods, and guardians. Kail... More

A dept paid
Awake and Angry
Anger and Understanding
Demigods and Demigoddesses
An interesting Day
Rivals will Fight
An Unexpected Visit
The Race
Her Team
A Big Brother and a Warning
Deals, Skills, and Realizations
Troubling Visions
Visions of Pain
Caught by Poseidon
Prelude to War
It Begins
No Longer in Charge
I know where to go
Clearly underestimated
Prisoners taken
This could be bad
The gods wonder
A Chance Taken
Unexpected Help
What to think
New Places, New Allies
We Need Both
Loch Ness
Jewel of Loch Ness 30
Change is in the Air 31
Stay Together Part 32
What is to Come? Part 33

Getting Closer

11.2K 235 5
By Skylinger

Chapter 15

(Getting closer)

Solana sat on the edge of the stone planter box and watched as her brother, Elios, and Raiden faced off as they practiced fencing. Watching the blonde boy the redhead’s thoughts were taken to her dreams from only a few days ago. Her visions of Ramiero, Marius, and Willem had chilled her but not the one of Raiden. Of the futures she saw her vision of him was far more favorable.

She remembered the sight of Zeus’ son standing on top of an overhang on a mountain looking down at Ramiero, Marius, and Willem as they were bound in chains. Ares and Hades stood among them and their godly glow was not as bright. She was certain it had meant a change in power levels though she did not know for certain.

Zeus had stood powerful and imposing looking down from a higher overhang to Raiden’s right. Others were scattered below and Zeus was passing judgment on the other gods and demigods. Anger showed on his face and he seemed to show little mercy.

Raiden’s strong and handsome face wore a pleased and even arrogant, smug smile. There was a glow about him marking him as now immortal and he was not the only one. On his right side dressed in a white gown was Kailani. Her left arm was wrapped around Zeus’ son.

Unlike the other visions Kailani did not seem to be suffering. No cruelty was shown towards her. Instead the vision had shown Kailani being treated as a goddess and Raiden keeping a protectiveness that showed possessiveness for the blonde woman. The only true harshness she saw in this vision was directed at Saar.

Solana remembered Kailani looking at Raiden with appreciative eyes; even admiration. What bothered Apollo’s daughter however was the lack of true love in Kailani’s eyes. Her vision had made it clear that Poseidon’s daughter would be at Raiden’s side but also showed it would not be a relationship full of unending love.

A frown graced her face as Solana began to understand her vision even more. Raiden would stabilize things and in at least the case of Hades and Ares would lessen their power. However it was also clear he would take Kailani for himself and while he would have everything he wanted Kailani would not hold the same feelings of the situation. She would accept but not have true happiness. The idea saddened Apollo’s daughter. She liked Kailani a lot and wanted to see her happy.

Feeling the need to speak with her father Solana left the stone planter and the fencing men and headed for the tower she occupied when needing her father. It didn’t take long and she reached the tower and quickly called on her father.

“Your visions trouble you more,” Apollo said appearing behind his favored child.

“Isn’t there anyway I can do?” Solana asked. “The futures I see are not what is best for Kailani. Yes Raiden’s is most favorable but…”

“I blocked a few of your visions,” The God of the Sun admitted. Solana’s pale blue eyes opened wide at her father’s confession. Solana didn’t need to ask the question she had the god already knew. “I would have blocked more of them if I could. Even you did not see the full vision.”

“Why would you do that?!” Solana demanded becoming upset.

“Because there is evil you did not see in those visions that would hurt you deeply,” Apollo warned. “I know how much you care about Poseidon’s daughter. I wanted to save you from suffering the full vision.”

“Is there any way there will be happiness for her?” Solana asked.

“Yes,” He replied. “I will not tell you of the vision though for you may try and force it to happen therefore changing it,” The golden haired god replied. Solana looked down disappointed and Apollo gently lifted her chin to look at him. “You’ve already chosen where you will stand.”

The redhead nodded her round face. “I need to be at her side.”

“You will face danger and fear that I cannot protect you from,” Apollo warned. “There is good and bad in every vision and do not believe that because everything looks good or dire that it will warn of the outcome.”

“I’ll help her,” Solana said. With hope in her heart she kissed her father’s cheek and left the tower.

Apollo frowned as his heart felt heavy. For visions of his daughter filled his head. Concern ran through him as he knew what she did not. It was not only Kailani that would suffer but Solana as well. Their fates were closely tied. Kailani would not be the only one that would be used. Solana’s sight made her useful to the others as well. The god also didn’t have the heart to tell his daughter some of Kailani’s suffering would be caused by protecting Solana.

Of the visions he had seen it was the fifth one that gave him a sense of fear. Kailani and Solana would suffer most if Saar and Ramiero banded together. “May your eyes be opened and you find a reason to fight. Fight Kailani; for your sake and the sake of my daughter, fight.”

**

Kailani sighed as she sat in the water. Frustration showed in her eyes and on her face. “What is wrong with me? I’m a water demigoddess and I suck!”

“If that is true than why does the water obey you?” Came the sound of a masculine voice.

“It doesn’t.” Kailani wrapped her arms around her knees and placed her chin on her knees feeling defeated. ‘I’m never going to see my mother if this keeps up.’

“You have no reason to fear the sea.” Poseidon walked around from behind his daughter and looked down at the frustrated girl. “Come,” He said holding his hands out to her.

“Decide to drown me?” The teenager asked. Poseidon frowned at her disappointed. It was the look of disappointment that brought back a memory of her time with Amphitrite. I understand you are angry but do not hate your father so. He loves you and does wish to spend time with you.

“I’m still mad at you but I guess I can give you at least a small chance,” Kailani told the King of the Sea. She reached her hands up to him and allowed her father to bring her to her feet.

Poseidon kept a calm and even neutral face but internally he was ecstatic at the opportunity he was being given by his daughter. He knew the girl was still very angry toward him but even a small chance was better than nothing; he’d take it.

“Come,” Taking her hand Poseidon walked further into the ocean taking his beautiful daughter with him.

**

Ramiro sharpened his sword as he prepared it for the coming war. He’d seen a shift in his father’s glow giving tale the time was coming to begin his quest. A quest that would gain him fame, power and glory.

A frown crossed his face as a flash of Kailani entered his head. He’d made a point to remove his shirt whenever the opportunity arose but somehow the girl never seemed to notice. “What is wrong with her?”

“Who?” Ares asked appearing next to the cruelest of his sons.

“Kailani,” He said frustrated. “How am I to tempt her if she looks right past me? I know the time is getting closer but I’m running out of time to secure her!” He said and tossed his sword down on his bed angrily. “None of us are having any luck! How is that possible?!”

“There are two reasons that are possible,” The amber eyed god replied. “Kailani is either more focused on getting to her mother or someone has already caught her attention.” Ares watched as a look of disgust crossed his face. “The war is very close now.”

“If I can’t charm her and she won’t side with me I’ll simply take her captive,” Ramiero said focusing on the alternatives.

“Yes as well as a means to ensure her cooperation,” The God of War replied. “Do what you have to so that Kailani is at your disposal.”

“She’ll obey or I’ll beat every one of those weak friends of hers!” Ramiero said angrily.

“You don’t care for her at all then?” Ares questioned.

“She’s beautiful and powerful and can serve both my needs. I don’t need her heart I just need her body and her abilities,” He said flatly.

Ares nodded. “There are of course other beautiful women here.”

“Yes and I’ve had most of them at one point,” Ramiero said arrogantly. The God of War smirked at his son’s arrogance. He knew both his favored sons had enjoyed many of the beautiful girls on the island and a few off the island as well. Women didn’t walk away from them. No his sons tossed them aside breaking their hearts. Pleased he disappeared.

Ramiero smiled as he picked up his sword once his father had gone. “If you have fallen for someone you’ll obey me Kailani; or I’ll kill him. Either way you’re going to be my prize. My father will give me what I want so that he can gain the power he wants. With your power I am going to extract a little revenge on some former foes. Even Marius will bow to me,” Pleased he sheathed his sword.

**

“Hey!” Kailani squealed as one of her father’s dolphins splashed her with water. Hearing a noise she looked to see an Orca whale only a few feet away. “Wow!” She said delighted. Without a thought the blonde teenage girl swam over closer to the powerful animal.

“You’re beautiful!” Poseidon’s daughter explained.

“Thank you. As are you princess.” Blue-green eyes blinked at the animal. “Yes Princess I understand you as you do me goddess.”

Kailani looked toward the God of the Sea. “Since when…”

“You’ve always had the ability,” Poseidon replied. “Some of our creatures have gotten very frustrated with you for not talking to them.”

“I didn’t mean to ignore them.” She looked toward the sea creatures that had gathered around them. “I’m sorry I didn’t mean to ignore you.”

“We forgive you,” The Orca assured her. “I am Suenie. May I off you a ride princess?”

“I’d love…Where did she… whoa!” Kailani exclaimed as the Orca suddenly came up beneath her and she found herself on its back.

“Here we go!” Suenie announced.

Kailani let out a sound of excitement as she and her new whale began to play in the ocean. The whale dived but it didn’t bother Kailani. The teenager had never known that she had the ability to breath underwater. Her body was from the sea as well as human and she could easily adjust without a problem.

**

Poseidon watched pleased as his daughter learned to relax and play with the ocean. Its creatures flocked to them to play with their princess and he allowed it.

A smile graced his face as Kailani caused the water to rise on both sides of Suenie as they swam through the water. This little act had taught his daughter to simply project with her mind what she wanted the water to do and it would.

His heart warmed at the memory of standing behind his daughter with her arms around her and placing his hands over hers as he taught her how to direct the water. She’d looked back at him and smiled for the first time. He was sure there was nothing on Olympus or earth that was as beautiful as his daughter when she smiled. But perhaps it was simply the joy of a father creating a happy memory with his daughter.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.2K 690 26
It was stated long ago a girl will be born with the gift to control the sea(and/or water) and its creatures...she will be the strongest female to eve...
34.1K 896 31
A Sparrow Hood x Reader story. Being the daughter of Aphrodite wasn't easy. I was constantly harassed by boys, saying I needed love and to be beautif...
944 44 36
Getting sucked into a whirlpool, sleeping in monster-infested woods, and battling psycho sea-nymphs was not how Hailey planned to spend her first yea...
43.1K 827 44
This story is for ages 18 & up. This is not an MCU fanfic. This is one of those "Superior Spider-Man" trope Fanfics. But there's a twist to it. In th...