Divergent High: Starting Over

By books_have_feelings

Beatrice "Tris" Prior gets some unexpected and exciting news from her parents: she's moving to Chicago! She c... More

Starting Over
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Sequel!!!
It's up!!!!

Chapter 16

1.1K 14 21
By books_have_feelings

Tobias's POV

I wake up with two pairs of hands shaking me. I open my eyes and see Paige and Simon, two of my little cousins. Paige is 6, and Simon is 4. They are both adorable. That's when I realize that I'm still at my relatives' house, and we're going home today.

"Wake up Tobias," Paige says. I sit up on the couch that I have been sleeping on.

"Ok. Ok. I'm up," I say and run my hand through my hair. "Where's Justin?"

"He's still sleeping," Simon says.

"Then why didn't you wake him up?" I ask.

"Because we like you better," Paige replies, and I laugh.

"Well. I'm going to get dressed. You guys stay put," I say and get up. I go into the bathroom and put on some jeans, a charcoal gray long sleeve shirt, and black converse. I start to brush my teeth, and I feel arms wrap around my legs. I look down and see Paige and Simon.

"I thought I told you to stay put," I say, and Paige giggles.

"We got bored," she replies, and I finish brushing my teeth.

"Hey. Why don't you go wake Justin up. I have an important job for him," I tell them.

"Ok," they say and run into the room Justin is sleeping in. I hear them scream at him, and then I hear a big thud. I walk into the room and see Justin sprawled on the floor. He stands up and rubs his head.

"Justin. Can you go to the store and get these things?" I ask and hand him a piece of paper.

"Sure. But why?" he questions.

"I really need this stuff," I answer.

"Ok," he says and walks out of the room.

"Come on Paige. Come on Simon," I say, and they follow me into the living room. I look at the clock. It's 7:00.

"Where is everyone?" I ask.

"They're outside," Paige says.

"Yeah," Simon agrees. "And they don't know we're up." I chuckle.

"Well. Come on. Let's get some breakfast," I say and walk into the kitchen with them. I put them in their chairs at the kitchen table.

"Now. What do you want for breakfast?" I ask them.

"Cereal!" they scream.

"Cereal?! What kind of cereal?" I question.

"Cheerios," Paige says.

"Lucky charms," Simon says.

"Ok," I reply.

I take out three bowls, both kinds of cereal, and the milk.

"What are you going to have Tobias?" Simon asks.

"I'm going to have both kinds of cereal. Now, what do you want to drink?" I question.

"Chocolate milk," Simon says.

"Hmm. Orange juice," Paige answers.

"Ok," I say.

I pour some lucky charms in one bowl, Cheerios in another, and a mixture of both in the last bowl. I pour the milk in each bowl. I take out two glasses and a mug. I start to fix some coffee for me and pour orange juice in a glass for Paige. I pour regular milk in a glass and mix it with chocolate syrup. I give Paige her Cheerios and orange juice, and I give Simon his lucky charms and chocolate milk.

"Can I have a bendy straw?" Paige asks.

"Can I have a swirly straw?" Simon asks.

"Of course," I answer. I put a bendy straw in Paige's glass and a swirly straw in Simon's glass.

"Thank you Tobias," they both say.

"You are so welcome," I say. I sit down with my cereal and coffee. When we are almost done eating, Julia, Simon and Paige's mom, comes into the kitchen from out side.

"Oh. Morning kids. Good morning Tobias," she says.

"Good Morning to you too Julia," I say.

"Who made the kids breakfast?" she asks.

"I did," I answer and finish my cereal.

"Oh. You didn't have to do that," she says.

"It's fine. I wanted to," I reply and put the dishes in the sink.

"Well. Paige. Simon. You need to get your clothes on," Julia says.

"Oh. I can help them," I reply.

"Are you sure?" she asks.

"Yeah. I would love to," I say and throw Paige and Simon over my shoulders.

"Come on you little monsters," I say and carry them to the room that they share.

"Tobias. Can you help me pick out an outfit?" Paige asks.

"Of course." I start looking through her clothes.

"How about one of these," I say and hold up two outfits.

"I like this one," she replies, pointing to a purple dress with black leggings.

"Ok. Go put it on," I say, and she runs into the bathroom with the outfit. I help Simon in his outfit, and Paige comes back out.

"Can you do my hair Tobias?" she asks.

"Of course," I say and put her on my lap. I start braiding her hair and look up to find Simon buckling his shoes. I smile at them. I can't wait to be a father one day. I love little kids. I finish the braid and lead them to the kitchen.

"I think Tobias will be a great father when he is older," Julia is saying as we walk into the kitchen.

"Well. Thank you Julia," I reply. The whole family, which is now sitting in the kitchen, looks up at me. Paige runs to her mom.

"Mommy! Look at my braid. Tobias did it," she says.

"Did he?!" Julia says.

"Yep," Paige replies. And just then Justin walks in the door with some bags.

"Ok. I got everything you told me to," he says. "The biggest white blanket, the brightest red roses, lanterns, regular Christmas lights, and the biggest wooden picnic basket."

"Thank you," I say and take the stuff.

"What's all that for?" Dad asks.

"Um. It's for the surprise date I've planned for my girlfriend, Tris. I'm setting up a picnic under a tunnel of trees in Amity Park back home. I'm going to hang the lanterns and lights in the trees, and I'm going to spread the rose petals on the ground. And. Umm. I'm going to tell her that I love her," I explain to them.

"Aww!" They all say.

"I wish my boyfriend would do something like that for me," Riley, Paige and Simon's 17 year old sister, says.

I can't wait to see Tris.

----------------page break--------------

After we left my relatives' house and got home, I went to the store and bought the food for the picnic. I then went to Amity Park and set up everything under the tunnel of trees. Now, I'm on my way to Tris's house. I get there and walk to the door. I ring the doorbell, and it opens to reveal my perfect beautiful Tris. The person that I have missed so much. A smile spreads across her face, and I smile too.

"Tris," I say.

"Tobias!" She yells and jumps into my arms. I hug her tightly, not wanting to leave her again.

"I'm so glad you're safe," I whisper.

"Why wouldn't I be?"  She asks, confused. Oh, I let that slip out.

"Nothing. I. Umm. I missed you so much," I say.

"I missed you too," she replies.

"Ok. So. Umm. Being away from you for so long made me realize something. Or maybe I already knew this. And I just couldn't say it until now. Tris. Being away from you for that long broke me. I don't like being away from you. Tris. I love you," I get out. She smiles.

"I love you too Tobias," she says and presses her lips to mine. I automatically kiss her back. I feel the familiar feeling of sparks, but this time it is way bigger and better than any other time. It feels like all of our love has built up while we were apart, and now it is exploding out of us. We pull away from each other and smile. The wind blows, and I feel a shiver run down my spine.

"Let's go inside," I say because I don't want Tris to get sick.

"Ok," she says, and we walk inside. We go up to her room. I sit down on her bed, and she goes into her bathroom. I feel something under the covers, and I bring out a notebook. Tris walks back in the room.

"What's this?" I ask with a little smirk.

"It's my journal Tobias," she replies and sits down beside me on the bed.

"Well. How about we read some." I don't even let her speak. I just open it up to an entry.

"Today was a horrible day," I read off of the page. "I woke up with a sharp pain in my head, and it didn't go away for at least an hour. The ghost of the pain is still there now as I'm writing this. After breakfast, I experienced the most excruciating pain in my chest. It ended up being a heart attack."

I look up at her through the tears in my eyes. How could she not tell me about this. She just looks down at her hands, and I continue to read.

"The doctors don't know why or how it happened. So, I have to be careful. They told me that I don't need to be under any stress. But it's hard not to be under any stress when Tobias isn't here. He's been gone for almost two weeks now. And I miss him so much. Sure, we've been texting and calling, but it's not the same as having him here with me.

"Having his scent. Having his body next to mine. Having his lips on mine. Just having him. And today I've realized something. I need Tobias. He completes me. He lets me live."

I look at Tris, an she wipes her eyes. She looks up at me, and I know that she is looking at the tears that have fallen. But I don't care.

"Tris. Why didn't you call me and tell me? I would have come home," I tell her and grab her hands.

"You were with family. I didn't want you to come all if the way here for me. I'm not that important," she says. What!?

"Don't you ever say that again. You are the most important person to me. You have to tell me when something is wrong. And.." That's when it dawns on me that all of this is my fault.

"Oh my gosh. Your heart attack was my fault. I put you under stress by not being here. I should have stayed behind and." Tris cuts me off.

"Tobias. It is not your fault. Neither of us knew that it was going to happen. They don't even know if it was because of the stress. Don't blame yourself," she says.

"Did you have any more heart attacks after that?" I ask.

"No. It was just that one. I kept my heart rate down enough after that. Tobias. I'm fine. Because you're here now. That's all that matters," she says, and I nod my head with a small smile.

"Ok," I reply and kiss her as gently as I can. "Hey. How about I take you out on a date today?" She smiles.

"I would love that. When?" she asks.

"Now," I answer.

"Now?"

"Now."

"Ok. Go downstairs. I'll be down in a minute," she says and pushes me out of the door.

"Tris. You don't have to change. You look beautiful in anything," I tell her, and she blushes. I love it when she blushes.

"I'm not changing. I'm using the bathroom. And thank you for the compliment," she says. She kisses my cheek and slams the door in my face. I let out a low chuckle and walk downstairs to the living room. After awhile, Tris comes down the stairs.

"Ready to go love?" I ask. I hold out my hand to her, and she takes it.

"Yes," she says, and we walk out to my car. Time for part 1. We get in, and I drive us to the bowling alley. We get out of my car and go inside.

"Go find us a lane babe. I'll get the shoes," I say.

"Do you know my shoe size?" Tris asks.

"Of course I do," I reply.

"Ok," she says and walks off. I go to the counter. I pay for our shoes and one game. I get the shoes and walk over to Tris. I see Hunter, my enemy, talking to her. I walk up to Tris and put my arm around her shoulders.

"Hey babe," I say.

"Hey," Tris replies and kisses me.

"Well. Look. It's the almighty Four," Hunter says.

"And look. It's Hunter. Who's apparently trying to steal my girlfriend," I tell him.

"Whatever. So, you ready for the big game in a couple of weeks? Cause I am," Hunter replies.

"Yes I am. Because we're going to win," I say.

"In your dreams number boy," he says and walks off. I turn to Tris.

"Did he hurt you? Did he touch you? Did he even look at you in a harsh way?" I ask her.

"No Tobias. I'm fine," she answers and kisses me.

"Ok. Let's start bowling," I say and hand her her shoes. She puts them on, and I go up to bowl first.

---------------page break-------------

I need up winning the game. I've been  bragging about to get on her nerves. She's cute when she gets mad. We put our shoes up and start walking to the car.

"I beat the amazing, wonderful Tris," I basically shout.

"Tobias. Just because you add a compliment in there doesn't mean I want to listen to you bragging. So, can you please stop bragging," Tris tells me.

"Aww. Is Trissy mad?" I start to tease her.

"Don't call me Trissy," she says, trying to sound dangerous.

"Why can't I call you that Trissy?" I question.

"If you call me Trissy one more time than I'm not kissing you for the rest of the day," she says.

"Ok. I won't call you that again. Come on. We still have one more place to go to," I reply.

"Where are we going?" Tris asks while we get on the car. I start the car and drive off.

"You'll see," I say and smirk. She groans, and I laugh.

I drive us to Amity Park. We get out of my car, and I cover Tris's eyes with my hands.

"Tobias. What are you doing?" she asks.

"I'm leading you to our destination," I tell her.

"Ok. Just don't lead me into a tree," she says, and I laugh. I lead her all of the way to the tunnel of trees and stop.

"Ok. Here we are," I say and remove my hands. She takes in her surroundings and gasps.

"Do you like it love?" I whisper in her ear.

"Tobias. I love it. It's beautiful," she replies.

"Good. Come on," I say and grab her soft hands. I lead her to the blanket, and we sit down. I pull out all of the food. We get some and start eating.

"So Tris. Guess what tomorrow is," I say.

"Umm. A school day. Umm. Monday. Oh I know. October 10," Tris replies and takes a bite out of her sandwhich.

"No. Tomorrow is your birthday," I tell her.

"Oh yeah. Wait. How did I forget and you remembered?" she asks.

"I remember everything about you. You are that special and important to me," I tell her, and she blushes. "So, I'm going to pick you up."

"Ok," she replies.

"Now. It's time for Dauntless cake," I say and take the huge Dauntless cake out. She laughs.

Tris eats one slice of cake, and I honestly don't know how many I ate. I lost count. I pick up the blanket and picnic basket. I grab Tris's hand, and we walk to my car. I put the stuff in the back, and we get in. I take the long way to her house just so I could spend more time with her. I look over at her and smile.

She's amazing. She's wonderful. She's brave. She's intelligent. She's selfless. She's kind. She's truthful. Most of the time. She's different. She's unique. She's her. She's Tris. And I love her for that. I couldn't live without with her. She's my world, my rock, my love. I didn't know this until now, but I was lost until she found me. She's my everything. And I hope I will never lose her.

I get to her house and turn to look at her.

"Tris. Promise me that you will call me if anything happens. Even if it's just a bad dream," I say full of concern.

"I promise Tobias," she promises and kisses me.

"Ok. I love you," I say.

"And I love you Tobias," she replies, and a smile spreads across my face when she says that.

"I love when you say that," I say, and she laughs.

"Goodbye," she replies.

"Goodbye love," I say and kiss her cheek.

She gets out of my car, and I watch her walk inside her house. I go back to Amity Park and clean up the stuff. Then I go home. I go inside and up to my room to find Zeke and Uriah.

"Four!" They yell and attack me with hugs.

"Hey guys," I say.

They stay over, and we talk for awhile. I told them that I told Tris that I love hwr, and Uriah told me I was now not a pansycake anymore. The guys leave, and I throw on some sweatpants. I lay under the covers. And before I fall asleep, I have a thought on my mind.

I need Tris in my life. Without her I will be dead and gone.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.5M 100K 70
Alexandra Grace, the best nurse in New York is asked to relocate and work full time for the young multi-millionare named Ace. Ace Anderson is an arr...
1K 340 51
It may be a small town. But it has its many secrets. ----------------------------- "Sweetie, I just want to help you." "And how are you going to do t...
546K 8.4K 85
A text story set place in the golden trio era! You are the it girl of Slytherin, the glue holding your deranged friend group together, the girl no...
1.1M 36.5K 63
π’π“π€π‘π†πˆπ‘π‹ ──── ❝i just wanna see you shine, 'cause i know you are a stargirl!❞ 𝐈𝐍 π–π‡πˆπ‚π‡ jude bellingham finally manages to shoot...