Troublemaker(Louis Tomlinson...

By TheBlondeAdventurer

Ariel Valentine had it all. She had the looks, the friends and the grades. She may not have been the most pop... More

Troublemaker(Louis Tomlinson Fanfic)
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Epilogue

Chapter 14

9.8K 281 116
By TheBlondeAdventurer

Louis’ POV:

I looked up as her mom stomped over towards us, an angry expression on her face. Well, it didn’t look very good I suppose. I was over, Ariel was curled up in a ball with tears falling down her face. Not a very innocent looking picture. “What did you do?” she asks me and I open my mouth to say something but Ariel looks at her mom and talks for me. “He was back Momma, he came back.” She cried and her mom’s eyes widened. “That son of a-” she starts but stops herself and turns to me. “What happened? Tell me now.” She ordered and I nodded my head.

“I was by my house and I heard Ariel scream so I went over to her and this guy was trying to take her but I kinda beat him up and he went away.” I say quickly and she nods her head. “Thank you for beating that…jerk.” She mumbles before she kneeled beside Ariel and took her from my lap into her arms. “Shh, baby it’s alright.” She whispered and she gave me a look. “What else happened?” she quizzed and I sighed. How do moms know this stuff? “She had a flashback I think, she just started crying, shaking and screaming uncontrollably.” I say and her eyes widen. “I thought that-never mind. Louis, thank you for helping her, but can you leave? I need to talk to her. I would appreciate it though if you would walk her to school just for a couple days, just in case.” She says and I nod, standing up and walking towards the door.

“Louis?” the sound of Ariel’s voice made me swing my head around, looking at her crumpled body. “Yes?” I ask tenderly and she gives me a wary smile. “Thank you.” She mumbles and I smile happily. “Anytime love.” I say and leave.

I go into my house to be greeted by a hug from my own mother. “Louis!!” she gushed and I smiled. “Mom, when did you get back?” I ask and she gives me a huge smile. “I’m done! I’m officially done Louis! I never have to leave again!” she says happily and I grin, picking her up and twirling her around. “Mum, that’s amazing!” I cheer and she nods. “Tonight do you want to go somewhere to eat?” she asks and I nod. “That would be lovely.” I say and she smiles up at me. I haven’t seen my mum in a long time, she always had to leave for a ‘job’. But I really knew what it meant.

She would be beaten for my dad. They divorced a while ago but he always had this possessive hold over us, so to make him give me up to my mom she had to go to him every month. It was cruel and I hated it, but mom did it happily. She said anything was worth having us with her and saving us from my dad’s cruelty. “Wait, so you are completely free?” I ask her and she nods. “That was the last time.” She reassures and I feel so happy. My mom doesn’t have to endure any more pain ever again. “Shall we go then?” I ask her, offering my hand to her. She smiles at me and nods, linking her arm with mine. I finally have my mom back, but this time I plan to keep her with me.

Ariel’s POV:

When Louis left my mom gave me a sad look. “Babe what did Brendon do this time?” she asks and I sniffled, trying to recover from the flashback. “He tried to kidnap me, take me back to that horrid place I’m sure. Even after Louis beat him, he told me he’d come back. He won’t stop! I thought when he left three years ago the torture would stop but now he’s back and I have a feeling he won’t stop!” I cried and cried into her arms, the tears streaming down my face.

“That won’t happen again. I couldn’t control it the first time it happened but now I can. I won’t let him take my baby away from me again.” She coos in my ear and I sniffle. “Plus, it seems like you have your own protector with you now.” She says and I give her a confused look. “Who?” I ask cluelessly and she chuckles. “Louis? It seems to me like that boy is protective of you.” She says with a smile and I look down. “He was just being kind.” I mutter and she chuckles. “Babe, he likes you. And that’s a good thing. I need someone to protect my baby girl.” She says sweetly and I smile.

I thought about it and came to the conclusion that I was terrified of meeting up with Brendon again, so sticking by Louis may just be my best bet for now. But am I going to show anyone that I’m afraid? Not a chance. That’d be bad. I couldn’t do that. I took a deep breath, finally calming down from my fit. “Momma, please don’t leave.” I beg and she grows quiet. “What do you mean?” she asks and I look at her. “You always have work and I barely get to see you anymore. I miss having someone with me.” I say sadly and she sighs. “Babe I wish I could but I have to keep up my job so we can have the money we need.” She says and I nod. “If you wanted, I have a feeling Louis would stay with you. You seem to be getting along better now.” She says and I grow silent.

I was so confused on mine and Louis’ relationship. What were we? Acquaintances? I don’t know. “Yeah…” I mumble and get up. “I’m going to sleep early mom, I’m really tired.” I say quietly and she gives me a wary look. “Don’t do anything you’ll regret Ariel.” She warns and I know exactly what she meant. “I won’t.” I say and walk up the stairs.

When I get to my room I close the door and lock it, letting out a big sigh. I make sure my window is closed and the curtains pulled before I turn on my light and walk to the bathroom. I had stopped the habit so many years ago when the torture stopped, but this little episode did it for me. I go to my sink and grab one of the spare razors I kept hidden away. Walking into my room, I sit on the edge of my bed, mentally debating my decision. I shouldn’t do this. But you’ll feel better afterwards. But I don’t really have a reason to, he just talked to me. But he would’ve taken you, and he’s coming back.

Tears stung my eyes again and I let out a silent scream. I couldn’t choose. I angrily got up and chunked my razor across the room, making it hit the wall. I let out deep breaths and closed my eyes, falling to the floor. Everything is coming back to me. It’s haunting me. It’s driving me insane!! I hit the ground repeatedly and let out an aggravated yell. I was breaking down again!! Nothing wrong was happening to me for a while but now its back!! I cried for a while on the floor until I felt really tired. I knew trying to sleep tonight would be pointless but I needed to. I clambered onto my bed, my eyes shutting while horrendous nightmares filled my dreams.

***

I woke up screaming again. My gaze was blurry but I could make out my room and I let out a sigh. All in all, I’ve maybe gotten 1 hour of sleep. Yay. Hence the sarcasm there. I looked at my phone, seeing it was 5:37. I sluggishly got out of bed and dragged myself to the bathroom, not even bothering to look at the mirror. I knew what I’d see. A mess. I stripped down and hopped into the warm shower, letting the water soak over my body. I glance down at my wrists, seeing the old scars faintly showing. I thought when I stopped cutting that would be it, but I guess not.

Temptations are always there and when bad things happen they are more alluring than normal. Like now. All I could think of was that shiny razor slashing my skin. Somehow I made it through my shower without cutting and I dressed down in a baggy off the shoulder shirt and some yoga pants. I didn’t feel like trying much so all I did was put on base and mascara, throwing my hair into a messy bun. I slipped on my Toms and grabbed my bag, heading downstairs.

I checked the time again, seeing it was just now 6:50. I only had a little time left. I looked in the hallway mirror, seeing the bags under my eyes that I tried to conceal. I took a deep breath and walked into the kitchen where my mom was cooking breakfast. “Hey honey, I’m making you pancakes! I know you love them!” she cheers and I fake a smile. “Thanks mom!” I say and she plops three pancakes on my plate, which I quickly dress with butter and syrup before devouring them. They are amazing!!

I run upstairs to brush my teeth then come back down, heading towards the door. “Bye mom I love you!” I say fake cheerily and she yells it back at me. I open the door and jump back a little. Louis is leaning against my mailbox with a smile on his face. “Umm, hi?” I say and he chuckles. “Good morning to you too Ariel!” I couldn’t help but notice how happy he seemed to be. Well something good must’ve happened yesterday when he left. I fake a grin to him and he waits for me to walk down my steps.

“You don’t really have to walk me to school.” I say and he shrugs beside me as we walk down the pathway. “What can I say? I don’t want you hurt.” He says and I give him a sideways glance. Why is he so chipper this morning? “You’re happy.” I say and he chuckles again. “Yeah you could say that.” He says with a smile and I look forward. I wish I had that happiness. “Why?” I ask and his smile falters for a moment. Is he hiding something?? Something popped up in my brain from the first day we met. ‘No one understands me.’ That’s what he said! Maybe something is hidden away beneath that smile?

“It’s just my mom’s home now.” He says dismissively and I nod. “You happy?” I ask and he nods. “You have no idea.” He mumbles and I scrunch my eyes up at him. “Okay.” I say and he shakes his head. “Sorry, but are you okay?” he asks and I gulp. Should I tell him how I really am? No, you told yourself you wouldn’t be weak. I gave him a smile “Of course! Why wouldn’t I be?” I say and he gives me a look. “You’re still a horrible liar Ari.” He says with a slight smirk and I pout. How is he the only one who sees through me? “So? I’m fine.” I say stubbornly and he gives me a hard look. “You don’t have to pretend around me Ari. I know. It’s alright to let your guard down.” He says gently and I scoff.

“No it’s not. The last time I let my guard down it ended up with me-” I start but stop myself, my eyes widening at my statement. I turn away from him and keep my eyes ahead of me, trying to avoid his gaze. “Ariel.” He starts and I bite my lip nervously. Oh dear, he said my full first name, not my nickname. “Tell me.” He says and I shake my head. “No.” I say stubbornly and he lets out a groan. “Please?? I want to help you!” he says and I give him a wary look. “No one wants to help me.” I say and his eyes widen. When I realize what I said I look down and try to pick up my pace, trying to increase the distance between us. And how many times has that worked? Not a single time. He caught up with me.

“Ariel! Please, don’t cut me off. I know a lot of things must’ve happened to you. I don’t know the details though. I really, really want to help you.” He says and puts a hand on my shoulder, causing me to stop. “But…why do you care? Guys hate me and I’m supposed to hate them.” I say and he turns me around, catching my chin and bringing it up so I have to look into his eyes. “You’re so stubborn Ariel. I’ve told you before and I’ll tell you again. I’m falling for you. And guys don’t hate you.” He says and I huff. “They do!” I protest and he covers my mouth with his hand. “They’re only intimidated by you because you’re feisty and a fireball. You don’t back down.” He says with a smirk and I scrunch up my eyebrows.

“And Ariel, I forgot to tell you this yesterday…but I’m sorry I asked about your dad.” He says sadly and my heart dropped. He just had to ruin that little moment didn’t he? I removed his hand from my mouth and shrugged. “Its fine.” I mumble and he sighs, throwing his arm around my shoulders and begins walking again, dragging me with him. “No it’s not.” He says and I pout. “Yes it is.” I say and he chuckles. The rest of the way to school we argued with me saying ‘yes’ while he said ‘no’. These are reasons I am confused about our relationship.

By the end of the school day I was trying so hard not to fall over. I was so exhausted. I had told Kristi a little bit of what happened and she was furious. To say the least we both got thrown out of that class for being too loud. Oh well. Now I was stumbling home, trying not to just fall over and sleep on the sidewalk. That was actually really tempting right now. I sighed to myself, letting my mind wander. I was snapped out of my rather depressing thoughts when someone picked me up bridal style in their arms. I let out a shriek of surprise and the person laughed. Freaking Louis!!

 “What was that for??” I say indignantly and he smirks at me. “You seemed a bit tired so you can sleep in my arms if you want.” He says and I pause. Was he being serious? “And yes I’m being serious.” He says with a smirk and I blush. “O-okay. But I’m not that tired.” I mutter and he snorts. “Says the girl who was stumbling and tripping every two seconds.” He retorts and I sigh, snuggling up against his chest. Ehh, he’s a good enough pillow. My eyes slipped closed and soon enough I fell asleep.

I woke up in my room and looked around. How’d I get here? All I remember is falling asleep in Louis’ arms…oh dear did I actually do that? What was I thinking???? That’ll go straight to his head thinking that I like him!! I groan and sit up, seeing a little note by my bedside.

Ariel,

I put you in your bed because you were so tired. And you look cute in your sleep ;) your mom was gone when we got to your house but she left a note for you on the kitchen table. Hope you had a good nap babe :) see you tomorrow!!

Louis xx

Okay, that was a really cute note. He could be sweet when he wanted to. I smiled to myself and got up, walking into the kitchen to read the note from my mom. It was just saying something about her job again. I shrug and throw it away, going back up to my room. It was now 6, but I was still really sleepy. I guess I should tell Louis thanks for putting me in bed. An idea popped into my head and I grabbed a big piece of paper and write ‘Thank you!’ in big letters across the page. I send him a quick text telling him to look out his window and run to mine, throwing the curtains open.

His curtains open and he looks across the window at me. I put my sign up against it and give him a weak smile. He starts to laugh and smiles back at me. He opened up his window, motioning for me to do the same. I did and sat on the windowsill. “You feel better?” he asks and I nod. “Yes!” I answer and he smiles. “That’s great! I’m glad.” He says caringly and I smile a bit. Why is he so sweet?? Someone calls Louis from the hallway and he yells back at the person saying he’s coming. “I have to go, my mum made dinner. I’ll talk to you later Ari!” he says cheerfully and starts to close his window. I nod to him and start to close my window when he calls me back. “Do you want to join us?” he asks and I debate it.

“No, you need some time with your mom. I’ll be fine on my own.” I say and he gives me an unsure nod, not completely believing me. Oh well. I shut and locked the window and went back in my room. Laying on my bed, I began to debate everything I thought about Louis. Maybe he wasn’t so bad after all?? But then again, this could all be a big game.

Poor Ariel she's always second guessing everything :p how'd you guys like this chapter?? :) please let me know!! you guys are always the best! :D Please Comment, Vote and Fan!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

399K 9.4K 45
Copyright © 2014 by casey pascoe. All rights reserved * * * One mistake and he is forced to spend one hour a day with her. Ugh. One mistake and sh...
9.8K 267 17
Nina is new in town. She'd always been bored of her life in the small town she lived in, so after she'd finished school she decided to have a little...
2.8K 117 25
"Come with me Emma." "Why?" "I need to show you something. And I want to spend time with you... Sweetheart." "You know I hate it when you call me swe...
93 5 11
It would have been easy, if she hadn't met him. He's everything she despises, everything she fears. He is reckless and speaks without thought. He th...