Divergent High: Starting Over

By books_have_feelings

Beatrice "Tris" Prior gets some unexpected and exciting news from her parents: she's moving to Chicago! She c... More

Starting Over
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Sequel!!!
It's up!!!!

Chapter 6

1.6K 20 21
By books_have_feelings

Four's POV

I wake up and jump out of bed. I really hope Tris will talk to me. I throw on some jeans, a bright blue shirt, and white sneakers. I grab my stuff and walk downstairs. I sit down at the kitchen table and stare off into space. I start thinking about Tris. Her beautiful eyes, her dazzling smile, her long, blonde hair, her amazing laugh.

"Earth to Tobias," Dad says. That snaps me out of my trance. He used my real name, Tobias.

"Dad. It's Four," I reply.

"I'm sorry. You will always be Tobias to me," he says.

"Fine. Just make sure you don't call me Tobias in front of my friends," I say.

"I would never. So what were you thinking about when you where staring off into space?" Dad asks.

"Tris," I answer.

"She really has changed you hasn't she?" he asks.

"Yeah. She has," I reply.

Dad hands me some eggs, and I eat them. I grab my keys and get in my car. I drive to school and park. I get out of my car and walk to my locker. I get the stuff I need and start walking down the hallway. I run into somebody. Tris.

"Hey Four," she says.

"Hey Tris. Can we talk?" I ask.

"Sorry. I have to get to class," she replies.

I watch Tris walk off, and I sigh. I go find the gang.

"Hey," they all say.

"Hey. I ran into Tris and tried to talk to her. She wouldn't let me," I say.

"I'll talk to her," Christina says.

The bell rings, and we all go to our classes.

---------------page break---------------

The bell rings, and I slowly make my way to lunch. I go through the lunch line and sit down at the table. I take a bite out of my dauntless cake, but I don't enjoy it as much as I usually do. All I can think about is Tris. Tris sits down, and we all look at her. She ignores us and eats her food. When she's done, she looks up at us.

"Listen. Tris. I have something to tell you," I say. Tris just stares at me. I'm about to continue when her brother, Caleb, comes over.

"Bea. Can you take this note to Mrs.Wu?" Caleb asks.

"Sure," Tris replies and takes the note. She gets up.

"Tris. I really need to talk to you," I say.

"Later. I have to do this for my brother," she replies.

"Ok," I say and sigh.

She walks off, and I turn to Caleb.

"Thanks a lot dude," I say.

"Hey. Sorry man," Caleb replies and walks off. I sit down and bang my head on the table, over and over.

"Hey dude. Stop!" Zeke says. I look up at him.

"She won't let me talk to her. Every time I try to she finds an excuse to leave," I explain.

"Hey. I'm having a party tonight. We will get her to talk to you there," Zeke says.

"If she will even go," I reply.

"Don't worry. She will. If she says no, we'll stick Christina on her," Zeke says. I laugh.

Tris comes back in and throws her trash away. The bell rings, and she walks out. I throw my trash away and run after her. I get to the music room and sit down beside Tris. I might as well try one more time before the party.

"Tris. Can we talk now?" I ask.

"No. We'll talk later. Class is starting," she replies and looks at the board. Well, I guess I'll have to wait until tonight.

----------------page break--------------

The bell rings, and I go to my locker. I pack my stuff and find the gang.

"Has Tris talked to you yet?" Marlene asks.

"No. I've tried to talk to her three times. And she always finds an excuse," I reply.

"Bad luck bro," Uriah says.

"Yeah," I say.

Zeke runs up to us.

"Four. Guess what? Tris is coming to the party," Zeke says.

"Seriously?" I ask.

"Seriously," he says.

"Don't worry. I'll get Tris to talk to you. I'll either dare you to do seven minutes in heaven with her. Or I'll dare her to listen to you," Christina says.

"Ok. Thanks," I reply.

I walk to my car and get in. I drive home and go inside. I find Dad in the living room.

"Hey Dad. I'm going to Zeke's party tonight," I say.

"Ok. Don't be too late," Dad replies.

"I won't," I say and run upstairs to my room.

I do my homework and finish a book I've been reading. I go into my closet and pick something out. I end up wearing black jeans, a tight red shirt, and black sneakers. I grab my phone and put it in my back pocket. I run downstairs and grab my car keys.

"Bye Dad. Wish me luck," I say.

"Wish you luck for what?" Dad asks.

"I'm going to tell Tris I like her," I reply.

"Ok son. Don't screw it up," he says.

"I'll try not to," I say and walk out the door.

I get in my car and drive to Zeke's house. It's 6:30, and the party starts at 7:00. I decided I would help Zeke and Uriah set up everything. I walk into the house and hear screaming. I run into the kitchen and see Zeke and Uriah covered in food.

"Hey. What happened here?!" I yell.

"We're making punch," Uriah says.

"Why were you screaming?" I ask.

"Uriah wanted to put pepper in the punch," Zeke replies.

"Get out of here. I'll make the punch," I say and kick Zeke and Uriah out.

I get the ingredients I need and fix the punch. I set it out along with a bunch of cups. You never know how many people will show. I go into the living room and see Zeke and Uriah setting up the DJ booth. The doorbell rings, and people start flooding in. I'm not a big fan of parties, so I go off into a side room. After awhile, I'm joined by Zeke, Shauna, Uriah, Marlene, Will, and Christina. But no Tris.

"We'll start playing when Tris gets here," Will says. 5 minutes later we hear the door open.

I look up and see Tris. And I don't want to take my eyes off of her. She's wearing a strapless red dress that flows down to her knees. She has on white wedges, and her hair cascades down her back in bouncy curls. She's absolutely beautiful.

"Tris. Come sit down. We're playing party games," Uriah says. Tris sits down next to Christina.

"Ok. Tris, truth or dare?" Zeke asks.

"Dare," Tris says.

"I dare you to sit on Four's lap until your next turn," Zeke replies. Thank you Zeke.

"Fine," Tris says and gets up. She smooths her dress down and sits down on my lap. I wrap my arms around her waist because I couldn't help it.

"Christina, truth or dare?" Tris asks.

"Truth," Christina replies.

"How many boyfriends have you had including Will?" Tris asks.

"Three. Four, truth or dare?" Christina asks.

"Dare," I say.

"I dare you to do seven minutes in heaven with Tris," she replies. I'm glad she decided on this. It will be easier if we are alone.

"Ok," I say and get up.

Tris gets up and follows me into a closet. She sits down against a wall, and I sit across from her. She stares at a wall for awhile. She's probably uncomfortable. It's now or never.

"Tris. I have something to tell you," I say. Tris looks at me.

"Ok," she says slowly.

"I think that you are beautiful, brave, and smart. And you're different. When I met you, I knew you were special. Tris. I like you," I say.

I slowly start to lean in. This wasn't part of the plan. But I can't help myself. I press my lips to hers, and I'm surprised when she kisses back. I pull away and stare into her beautiful blue-gray eyes. The kiss was magical. I put my mouth to her ear.

"Now it's up to you," I whisper. Zeke opens the door.

"Time's up," Zeke says.

I wink at Tris and get up. I offer my hand and help her up. We go into the room, and Tris sits down in my lap. After awhile of playing, the party ends. Tris leaves as soon as the party ends. We herd all of the people out, and it's just me, Marlene, Shauna, Christina, Uriah, Zeke, and Will. We all sit down in the living room.

"So. What happened?" Christina asks.

"I told her how I felt and said it was up to her now," I reply.

"Is that all?" Shauna asks.

"I may have kissed her," I answer.

"Aww," they all squeal. I laugh.

"I have to get home," I say.

"Bye," they all call.

"Bye weirdos," I say and walk out.

I get in my car and drive home. I go inside and find Dad.

"How did it go?" Dad asks.

"Good. I guess. I told her how I feel and said it was up to her now," I answer.

"And you kissed her didn't you?" he asks.

"Yeah. How did you know?" I ask.

"The look on your face says it all Tobias," he replies. I blush.

"Well. I'm tired. I'm going to bed," I say.

"Ok," Dad says.

I go up to my room and change into some sweatpants. I lay down under the covers.

I hope Tris likes me too, or I just made a fool out of myself.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

259K 6.2K 52
⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ જ⁀➴ 𝐅𝐄𝐄𝐋𝐒 𝐋𝐈𝐊𝐄 .ᐟ ❛ & i need you sometimes, we'll be alright. ❜ IN WHICH; kate martin's crush on the basketball photographer is...
90.2M 2.9M 134
He was so close, his breath hit my lips. His eyes darted from my eyes to my lips. I stared intently, awaiting his next move. His lips fell near my ea...
1.1M 49.9K 95
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
68.5K 1.2K 20
Imagine being stuck to some basic rules of how to live your life; want standards and morals you are expected to have. In 1940 the Germans invaded Fr...