Divergent High: Starting Over

By books_have_feelings

Beatrice "Tris" Prior gets some unexpected and exciting news from her parents: she's moving to Chicago! She c... More

Starting Over
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Sequel!!!
It's up!!!!

Chapter 4

1.8K 27 26
By books_have_feelings

Four's POV

I wake up and roll out of bed. I take a quick shower and put on some jeans, a white muscle shirt, and white sneakers. I grab my stuff and go downstairs. I go into the kitchen and sit down at the table. Dad gives me a plate of blueberry pancakes and sits down across from me. I start eating.

"So. When am I going to meet the new girl?" Dad asks.

"Whenever the gang wants to come over here," I answer.

"Well. I'm looking forward to it," he says.

I finish my food and grab my car keys. I get my stuff and get in my car. I drive to school and go to my locker. I get the stuff I need and find the gang.

"Hey guys," I say.

"Hey. Can we all come to your house after school?" Will asks me.

"Umm. Sure. I guess," I reply.

"Tris!" Christina yells. Tris comes over to us.

"Hey," she says.

"Hey. So we are all going to Four's house after school. Do you want to come?" Christina asks.

"Sure. I'd love to," Tris replies.

"We have cheerleading and football practice after school first. Are you willing to stay?" Shauna asks her.

"I guess. But this time I'm not running. I'm reading," Tris says.

"Are you sure?" I ask. I don't want to her to stay if she doesn't want to.

"I'm sure," she says. The bell rings.

"Come on. Let's go," Christina says and drags Tris away. I walk to my first class with Zeke and Uriah.

----------------page break---------------

The bell rings, and I walk to lunch alone. I grab a piece of dauntless cake and a water bottle. I sit down at the table. Tris sits down in front of me, and Christina sits next to her. Lauren walks over to us and sits down beside me. She wraps her arm around mine. Oh brother.

"Hey Four," Lauren says.

"What do you want Lauren?" I ask and take her arm off of mine.

"I wanted to know if you wanted to hang out tonight," Lauren says.

"For the last time Lauren. No. I don't like you," I reply.

"Fine," she says and walks off.

"What was that about?" Tris asks.

"Lauren has had a major crush on Four since freshman year," Zeke says.

"Ok," she says. A guy comes over and sits down beside Tris.

"Hey Bea. Umm. I'm freaking out. Susan called today, and she said some horrible stuff. I don't want to believe it. I don't know what to do," the guy says to Tris.

"Hey. Caleb. It's ok," Tris says and takes his hands. I start to get jealous.

"Just breathe. Everything will be ok. Calm down," she says. The guy takes deep breaths.

"Ok. Thank you. I love you Bea," he says and kisses her forehead.

Why does he have a nickname for Tris? Why did Tris hold his hands? Why did he say he loves Tris? Why did he kiss Tris? Why do I care?

The guy walks off, and we all stare at Tris.

"Now. What was that about?" I ask.

"That's Caleb. My brother. He's having some problems with his girlfriend," Tris replies.

"What was with that hand holding thing?" Uriah asks.

"It's a twin thing," she answers.

"Ok," we all say.

I stare at the table. Why did I care about that guy being with Tris? I thought he was her boyfriend, and I cared. Why did I care?

"Four. Are you ok?" Tris asks. I look up at her.

"Umm. Yeah. I was just thinking," I reply.

"Ok," she says.

The bell rings, and we throw our trash away. I walk to music class with Tris, thinking why I had cared so much.

---------------page break--------------

The bell rings, and I quickly go to my locker. I pack my stuff and find my friends at Tris's locker. Tris walks up to us.

"Hey," she says and opens her locker.

"Hey," we all say.

She packs her stuff and slings her backpack on her shoulder. We walk to the locker rooms and get ready. We walk to the field, and Tris sits at the top of the bleachers. All through practice I kept looking at Tris. Practice ends, and I change back into my clothes. I go back out and see Corey talking to Tris. She says something and screams. Her head falls to the side. Corey jumps up. I run up the bleachers to Tris. I lay her head back so it's resting at the back of the bleachers.

"I don't know what I did," Corey says.

"Corey. Just leave," I say, going through Tris's backpack.

Corey walks off, and I find a packet of skittles. I put a few in my hand and squat down in front of Tris. A tear rolls down her cheek, and I wipe it away. Tris screams and looks around. Her eyes lock to mine, and she starts shaking.

"Hey. It's ok. Calm down. I'm right here. It's ok," I say. She takes deep breaths and stops shaking.

"Good. Here's some skittles. Eat them and breathe," I say.

She takes the skittles and puts them in her mouth. I sit down beside her. She eats the skittles and looks at me. She starts crying, and I put my arm around her shoulder. She buries her face in my shirt.

"It was horrible. It was one of the worst," Tris says.

"Hey. It's ok. It was just a flashback. Everything's ok. You're with me. It's ok," I reply.

She stops crying and wipes her tears away. She looks up at me.

"Thanks," she says.

"You're welcome. Do you know what triggered the flashback?" I ask.

"Umm. That Corey guy asked me out on a date," she answers.

"So I'm guessing your answer to him is no," I say.

She laughs and says,"Yeah." Thank gosh.

"Do you think you can drive?" I ask.

"I don't think so. I'm still a little shaken up," she replies.

"I'll get someone to drive my car, and I'll drive yours," I say.

"Are you doing this just because you want to drive my car?" she asks.

"No. I want to make sure you're ok. Getting to drive your car is a bonus. Would you rather have me or Zeke drive your car?" I ask.

"You're right. I would rather have you drive my car," she replies.

"Go tell Zeke he can drive my car. I'll be right there," I say.

"Ok." She grabs her stuff and carefully walks down the bleachers. I walk over to Corey.

"If you were wondering, Tris's answer to your question is no," I tell him and walk off. I go to the group.

"Come on. Let's go," I say.

Tris gets in the passenger seat of her car, and I get on the drivers side. I drive to my house with the rest of the group following. We get out and go inside. We go into the living room, and Tris sits down on the couch.

"I'll be right back," I say and walk into the kitchen.

I make a mug of hot chocolate for Tris. Dad comes into the kitchen.

"Hey. The group is here if you want to know," I say and walk back into the living room. I sit down beside Tris.

"Here's some hot chocolate," I say, and Tris takes the mug.

"Thanks," she says. My dad walks in.

"Hey guys. It's good to see you again," Dad says.

"You too," everybody says.

"Dad. This is Tris. Tris, this is my dad," I say.

"It's nice to meet you Mr.Eaton," Tris says.

"Please call me Marcus. And it's nice to meet you too," Dad says. "I'll leave you to talk." He walks back into the kitchen.

"So. I say we get our homework done first. Then do whatever," Will says.

"I guess," I reply.

We all take our homework out and start working on it. Tris is the first one done. She takes a book out and gets comfy. She lays down and puts her feet at my side. After 30 minutes, I'm done with my homework. I put it up and look at Tris. She fell asleep. Her book is in her hand, her legs are on my lap, and her hair is in her face. I take her book and put it up. I look at her and smile. I tuck her hair behind her ear. I look up at my friends. They're all staring and smiling at me.

"What?" I ask.

"You two would make a cute couple," Christina says.

"Who?" Tris asks. We all look at her. I thought she was asleep.

"Nobody," Uriah says.

She looks down at her feet and realizes that her legs are on my lap. She takes them off and sits up.

"Sorry Four," she says.

"It's ok," I reply.

"Let's go swimming," Shauna says.

"Umm. I don't have a bathing suit," Tris says.

"Don't worry. I came prepared," Christina says.

"Ok. Boys to my room. Girls you can change in the guest bedroom!" I yell.

We all run upstairs. I give the guys some swim trunks, and they change into them. I put on a pair of black ones and go down to the pool. I jump in. Christina, Marlene, and Shauna come out and sit at the edge of the pool. I get out. Tris comes out with her arms over her stomach. She looks down at her feet. She's wearing a red bikini. She looks hot. She looks back up at us.

"What?" she asks.

"Why are you hiding your body? You're beautiful," Christina says.

"I'm not beautiful. And I have scars," Tris replies.

"Tris. You are beautiful. And you shouldn't be afraid to show people your scars. It just shows people about what happened in your past and that you're brave," I say. She looks at me.

"I don't know," she says.

"Ok. How about this. I'll show you my scars if you show us your scars," I say. Tris sighs.

"Fine. But you first," she replies.

"Ok," I say and turn around.

I feel Tris trace some of my scars with her finger. Her touch sends shivers through my body.

"How did you get these?" Tris asks.

"When I was little, my mom hit my back with a whip every time she was mad. It was hard growing up with a mom that hated you and abused you. But I got through it," I answer and turn around. "Your turn."

Tris moves her arms away and shows a bunch of scars on her stomach. Scars exactly like mine.

"I got these scars from the football team at my old school. They cornered me one day and hit me on the stomach with a whip," she explains and turns around. She has a bunch of different scars all over her back.

"I got these scars when I was 13. I was kidnapped by some random guys. They took a knife and cut my back. The police caught them in the act, and they're in prison now," she says and turns around.

"See. Don't you feel better now that you've told us? And we don't pity you. We think you're extremely brave," I say.

"Really?" she asks.

"Really," we all say.

"Ok. Let's swim," she says, and we all cheer.

She jumps in, and I jump. Tris resurfaces, and she accidentally touches my abs.

"I'm sorry," she says.

"It's ok," I say and smile.

She smiles too and swims away. I love that smile. I swim around for awhile and watch Tris. She starts floating on her back, and I get an idea. I swim under and put my hands on her waist. I lift her up in the air. She looks down at me.

"Four. Put me down," she says.

I bring her down. Somehow, Tris's arms end up around my neck, and my arms around her waist.

"Umm. I-I'm sorry," she says, looking into my eyes.

"It's ok," I say and smile. She smiles too.

I hear someone clear their throat, and we look up. I see our friends staring at us. Tris takes her arms away from my neck and swims to the steps. She gets out and starts drying off.

"I better get going," Tris says and runs into the house. I get out of the pool and grab a towel.

"Do you and Tris have a thing?" Marlene asks.

"I don't know," I answer.

"Do you like Tris?" Christina asks.

"I don't know," I reply.

"How do you not know?" Shauna asks.

"I don't know!" I scream. "This is the first time a girl has made me feel this way."

"What way?" Will asks.

"When I see her, my heart races. And I feel like there's butterflies in my stomach. When I'm with her, it feels like she's the only girl in the world. And I'm not afraid to be me around her. Not the mysterious guy everybody knows, but the old me," I explain. The girls squeal.

"Dude. You really like her," Zeke and Uriah say.

"Maybe even love," Christina squeals.

"You have to tell her," Shauna says.

We hear Tris in the living room. They all run in there.

"Tris!" They yell. Oh no. I run in there and see Tris at the door.

"I'm sorry. I have to go. I'll see you tomorrow," Tris says and walks out the door.

I run to the door and open it. Tris drives off in her car. I walk back in and sigh.

"She's gone," I say.

"You'll tell her tomorrow," Uriah says.

"If she talks to me," I reply.

"Oh. She will. We'll make sure," Christina says.

"Ok," I say.

They all get dressed and leave. I go up to my room. I dry off and change into my clothes. I fall onto my bed and sigh. I take my phone out and stare at the picture of Tris. Dad comes in.

"Dinner's ready. What's wrong?" he asks.

"I have feelings for a girl. And I don't know what to do," I reply.

"Is it Tris?" Dad asks.

"Yeah," I say.

"She's very pretty. And nice," he says.

"Yeah. She is," I say and smile.

"Wow. You really do like her," Dad says.

"Yep. I do. I really do," I say.

Dad leaves, and I stare at the picture of Tris.

She really has done something to me. And I really do like her.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Fake Love By :)

Fanfiction

130K 3K 45
When your PR team tells you that we have to date a girl on the UCONN women basketball team and you can't say no to it... At first you don't think too...
191M 4.5M 100
[COMPLETE][EDITING] Ace Hernandez, the Mafia King, known as the Devil. Sofia Diaz, known as an angel. The two are arranged to be married, forced by...
90.2M 2.9M 134
He was so close, his breath hit my lips. His eyes darted from my eyes to my lips. I stared intently, awaiting his next move. His lips fell near my ea...
16.3M 545K 35
Down-on-her-luck Aubrey gets the job offer of a lifetime, with one catch: her ex-husband is her new boss. *** Aubrey...