Work Harder | g.d

Por cuddledolans

"Do you like him?" "I don't want to." "But do you?" "I do." - The hot and successful actor, Grayson Dolan, de... Mais

Prologue
1
2
3
4
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19

5

6.6K 156 144
Por cuddledolans

Grayson

I thought that kissing her and asking her to be my girlfriend would clear my head, block out all of the disappointment.

It worked at first. And it sure as hell made Maddie jealous.

We approached them, hand in hand, Kylie smiling broadly next to me. Of course she was. Anyone would want to date me!

But not her.

When we had settled down on the towels, Kylie laid her head on my shoulder as Maddie and the others erupted with laughter every few seconds about something that Nick said.

I tried to concentrate on what they were all laughing about, to look happy that I had just gotten a hot girlfriend.

But none of them really seemed to care.

"The food was great." Maddie mumbled while swallowing the last of her burger.

"Yeah," Nick agreed, looking up at her. My jaw clenched slightly as I saw Maddie blush.

"Do you guys wanna get frozen yogurt later?" Kylie suggested, lifting her head from my shoulder.

"Sure," I answered as I slung my arm around her shoulders, "Today was really fun." I whispered in her ear.

I really had to appreciate her.

"I heard there's this new, really cool amusement park around the corner to the frozen yogurt shop," Nick started, "Anyone want to come?"

"I've got to go to my summer job interview." Alex spoke, a sense of dreading in his voice.

"Well, uh, I was thinking that Kylie and I would go surfing later," I blurted, quickly looking over at Kylie.

"Yeah, sure!"

"Oh," Nick nodded, "Zac?"

"Su-" I saw Alex sneakily nudge him sharply. "I mean, I've got to, uh, go buy a parrot for my grandma."

Maddie started giggling silently as Kylie and Nick joined in. Alex just rolled his eyes but had a small smirk on his face.

"It's true, guys! It's her birthday tomorrow." he mumbled.

"Okay, yeah, but Maddie?" Nick looked at her hopefully.

"Y-yeah, sure." she stuttered nervously. I clenched my teeth harder as I scorned myself for making up an excuse.

"Well, I better get going now." Alex stood up.

"Same." Zac soon followed after Alex, waving goodbye.

"So uh, I'll meet you here in an hour?" I questioned Kylie while getting up myself.

"Sure," she smiled broadly, and I have her a quick kiss before heading to my towel.

+++

Maddie

I didn't really have to change, as there were apparently a few water rides too.

"Ky, do you have waterproof mascara?" I yelled from my room.

"Yeah!" she replied. I fixed my bun and sauntered over to her room. "Here," she gave me the mascara as she pulled a shirt over her head.

"You excited?" I mumbled. Nick had planned to pick me up and drive us to the park.

"Yup," she cried. I couldn't believe Grayson had asked her to be his girlfriend. They don't even know each other!

+++

"That one looks really cool, let's try it!" I exclaimed, pointing enthusiastically at a huge water slide.

We headed towards it eagerly, and at some point, I grabbed Nick's hand and dragged him faster towards the small cue. Soon enough, we were lined up in front of the huge slide.

We were given a big donut float, one where two were connected to each other, and we positioned ourselves inside of the hole.

"You ready?" Nick asked from behind me.

"Yeah!" I spoke, just before one of the workers pushed us down the slide.

Water splashed all around us, and as we went down, we looked around the glass tube to see the whole beach. I couldn't help screaming, the water pushing us around.

Nick just laughed, but towards the end, we were going through complete darkness, and that's when he stopped.

"Nick? Nick, I can't see anything!" I yelled nervously. He didn't reply, but the sudden light surprised me as we slowed down onto a long, flat tube.

Laughing, we got out of the float and walked back to the main area.

"That was so fun!" I cried as we turned a few corners and headed towards another ride.

"Yeah," he agreed, slinging his arm around my shoulder.

+++

"Vanilla?" I laughed as Nick chose an ice cream flavour. "Our of all the other choices, vanilla?!" I gestured towards the colourful tubs.

He crossed his head lightly and smirked at me, "What are you gonna get?"

"Uh," I read a few labels, "Cookie dough." After we payed, we took our ice creams out towards the beach that the theme park opened up to.

He finished quickly, and while I was still enjoying mine, he asked me: "Did you, know Grayson when you were younger?"

I was kind of used to hearing his name now, and I had to be anyway, as Kylie would probably go on and on about him. I mean, it was her dream to go out with Grayson Dolan, 'the hottest guy in the whole world'.

So this time I didn't hesitate or stop or anything, "Yeah, actually. Who told you?"

"Him," he guided me to a small trash can where I dumped the remains of the huge ice cream, not being able to eat anymore.

"Oh," I responded, "What else did he say?"

"He said that you two were really close and then around 8th grade something happened between you two. He doesn't know what it is."

I sighed and rolled my eyes, starting to become angrier, "He knows perfectly well what he did and he knows that I'll never forgive him."

"Never? That's a long time Maddie." he said. "What happened between you guys?"

"Are you asking me this just to get the information out of me and then tell Grayson?" I should have known. Of course Nick Jonas (lol ofc) wouldn't go out with me because he liked me. There was always something he needed, and his charms drew me to him, "This whole 'date' was just a set-up."

I walked away from him angrily, trying to get my point across that I didn't like him/didn't want to speak with him anymore.

Yup. I'm that of person who shuts people out.

But of course, he wouldn't of just stood there. He grabbed my wrist and pulled me around, close to his chest, sharply.

"Maddie," he started, "Are you serious? I wouldn't just go on a date with you to get information. I actually like you, okay? There, I said it. Happy now? I know, I've been such an idiot. Well, I don't want to be known as 'the player' anymore. You're the first person who I've actually liked, for real."

He started blushing like crazy, so I just placed my hands gently on his cheeks and and kissed him. He was probably surprised that I (a girl) made the first move, but he soon wrapped his arms around my waist.

When we broke away, we embraced each other in a tight hug.

"I like you, Mads." he repeated. I replied the same thing. Because I realised I did like him.

I did feel uncomfortable that he called me Mads, because the only person who did call me that was my mum.

And now she's gone now.

Because of Grayson.

----

This was kind of a crappy chapter oh well.

But what happened to her mum?!

Vote to find out lol :)

Peace🤘🏻

Continuar a ler

Também vai Gostar

143K 2.6K 21
He noticed her and was determined to talk to her. He thought of her as perfect. He saw no flaws. But as Grayson and Jess get closer he realises tha...
213K 2.9K 35
Taylor is a 14 year old girl. She is infatuated with her favorite Viner, Grayson Dolan. She loves to watch their youtube videos and vines. What happe...
254K 4.9K 50
addicted to you. - warning: mature content.
208K 4.5K 59
"But did you think that relationship was real? Like it would last like us?" "Kinda," I told him honestly. "I did believe that, but all relationships...