7

"WHAT?!" I screamed, running towards Nick. I grabbed him, squeezing him as hard as I could, nearly crushing the puppy.

"Oh my freaking god," Kylie was speechless.

"You said you wanted a puppy!" he smirked, handing it over to me. "It's a he." he added.

"I was lowkey joking, Nick!" I still couldn't believe it. I slowly took the puppy into my arms. It immediately started licking me and barking cutely.

Skyler and Dad came around soon enough.

"I'll name it..... Lucky." I couldn't wipe the giant smile off of my face.

"Hey! That's what mum's dog was called when she was small!" Skyler jumped in.

I kissed Lucky on the nose gently, scratching him behind the ear, and set him down on the floor, and Skyler started playing around with him.

"Oh and here's some money for the collar and first visit to the vet." Nick handed me over a couple 100 dollar bills.

"Are you kidding me?!" I gaped, "No, I'm sorry. I can't take that."

"Sure you can," he smiled broadly, "Just take it. I love seeing you happy."

Kylie kind of got the sign and guided my dad into the kitchen, away from us. I couldn't express how happy I was and how much I loved Nick at this point.

I wrapped my arms around his neck and started kissing him. He smiled against the kiss, taking me in his arms.

I guess we had forgotten to close the door while making out in the entrance, and soon, we heard a low cough from behind us.

I broke away to see Grayson standing in the doorway, carrying a small bag. He wore a pair of baggy sweatpants and a loose, purple tank top.

"Grayson," I started, "What are you-"

"It's your birthday," he interrupted, "I had to be here." He handed me the bag, and even though I didn't want him in my apartment, I welcomed him in.

We went over to the living room and all sat down on the sofas. When Lucky saw me, he jumped onto the sofa, cuddling up to me, as Skyler quickly sprinted over to the kitchen. I guess he already liked me.

"You got her a puppy?" Grayson chuckled at Nick. He only shrugged. I took out a small velvet box inside of the petite bag that Grayson gave me.

Nick saw the tension between us, but I think he saw some of it disappear as I slowly unclasped the small latch to reveal the most beautiful necklace I have ever seen.

It wasn't complicated, just simple, but gorgeous. It was a small heart encrusted with thousands of probably real diamonds around it, and in the heart was the letter M.

"You really didn't have to," I started blushing crazily, but went to give him a hug anyway. I didn't know what had come over me.

"I remembered how you loved looking into the jewellery shop when we were younger-"

The mention of our past made me uncomfortable, and he noticed, so he just stopped himself.

"You ready?" Kylie screamed from the kitchen.

"For what?" I screamed back, taking Lucky in my arms and stroking his fur.

"For this!"

Skyler suddenly came running back into the living room, throwing small petals of confetti everywhere and singing 'happy birthday'.

Then Kylie and Dad came in too, holding a massive red velvet cake and singing along too.

I did what every teenage girl would do and started covering my face in my hands, embarrassed by them.