6

Maddie

I don't know if it's official. We haven't talked about anything, but I feel like something has started between Nick and I.

We started going out more, and soon, it was the day before my birthday.

"What do you want?" Nick asked for the 100th time.

"I don't know! Honestly, you don't have to get me anything!" I protested, swinging my legs as we sat on a bench in the park.

"Come on," he started, "You must want something! Even though you have me." he smirked cheekily at me, making my cheeks flare.

"Well," I thought, "There was this cute puppy in the pet store down in the high street..." I laughed slowly as he crossed his head.

"You want a puppy? I'll get you a puppy." he mumbled, pulling my closer to him.

"I was joking!!" I reassured him, resting my head on his shoulder.

The golden sun slowly started setting on the horizon, the sky surrounding the ball of blazing fire turning a pretty purple/pink.

"I can't believe that you might be going to New York at the end of summer." he mumbled.

"Well, I did apply for the college," I looked around the park. It was deserted; no one was around and there was complete silence, apart from the tranquil sounds of the leaves on the trees swaying slightly by the wind.

"I'm going to miss you," he spoke, the words lingering in the air.

"I'm going to miss you too," I replied. I breathed deeply, trying to make the most of the moments that passed. "But come on, we have two more months!"

"Okay, I might be a bad boyfriend, but I gotta go to my apartment," he chuckled, slowly getting up.

"Okay," I pouted sadly, but soon got up and followed him to his car.

"I'll drop you off, babe," he spoke slyly as we took our seats and he started the car.

+++

I was startled to find Kylie sprawled across the sofa, stuffing her mouth with chocolate fudge brownie ice cream and watching something sad on Netflix.

"You alright there?" I dropped my keys and phone on the island counter and walked straight over to her, finding a place to sit next to her.

She seemed to be hesitating to tell me something. Maybe I knew what was coming. I mean, he had gone to party a few nights in a row, without her.

"Okay," she sighed, "Grayson's gone off partying again, and I'm stuck here watching whatever will make me start crying, because I feel sorry for myself."

I stifled a small giggle, which made her snicker a bit too, but I realised that her eyes were all smudged with mascara.

"He's like, the most famous hot actor in America, possibly the world, Kylie," I reassured her, "I would think it normal for him to go off once in a while."

"Yeah, but if he's going to be going out every night, without me, then what's the point of being his girlfriend?" she scooped out the last of the ice cream from the massive tub, "Of course I want to be his girlfriend; any girl would do anything to be in my position. So why me?"