2

Maddie

"Hey, neighbours!"

I stopped dead in my tracks, but when I wanted to move my arm, it didn't. I was paralysed.

The whole hall went quiet. Everyone stared at us, mostly jealous fangirls. I could hear Kylie breathing quickly, and I realised I was too.

I blinked a few times and shuddered to let go of the trance, and continued to pack my bag.

Grayson stared at us with a big, cheeky grin on his face, and soon, it was wiped off when all the girls started to scream and overwhelmed him with hugs again.

Kylie was still not moving, so I had to shout in her ear to 'wake her up'.

"Maddie, this is not happening. This can't be happening!" she squealed excitedly.

"It is," I said abruptly, "Now hurry up, we'll be late."

+++

Grayson

"Hey, neighbours!" I called after them. All the girls fussing around me stopped suddenly, and I felt very stupid for a second, but then placed a big, sly smile on my face.

However, that didn't stop Maddie. She carried on packing her bag, and I felt disappointed when she walked away with her friend.

But I couldn't act sad in front of everyone, so I quickly replaced my confused face with my fake, billion-dollar smile, putting it on like a mask.

I had to break my way through all of the girls roughly, before being able to make my way to my first class. It felt great to come back to this school.

Sneaking a look at my timetable, I turned a corner of a corridor and found myself in front of some steps.

Art Classrooms. The sign next to them said.

I thought I was alone, but of course, there were a few girls creeping up to me.

I rolled my eyes before turning to them and flashing them a smile, which made them all scream.

I quickly ran up the steps, trying to escape from them. When I reached the top, I was relieved to find not many people sitting at a couple of chairs.

Except, all of the girls were clearly my fans; their eyes widened and one of them ran up to me, giving me a bear hug.

I couldn't give it back to her, because of my publicity and because of jealousy of other fans, but I smiled at her like I did to everyone else.

Looking around the class, I spotted that there wasn't a teacher sitting at the desk yet, and that a big group of girls had formed at the back corner of the room. They were talking loudly, and the brunette girl giving me a hug finally let go.

"You're not serious!"

"You're so lucky!!"

"I can't believe this!"

I heard all of the girls yell excitedly, and I couldn't stop myself from eavesdropping while I sat down at a chair at the back of the room.