4

Not everyone likes coffee in the morning.

When my eyes had slowly opened, I saw a few streams of light creeping out behind my purple curtains.

I shut my eyes again, turning onto my side and trying to go back to sleep. But I knew I would never doze off again.

I crawled out of the mess of my pillows and sheets, after making the weirdest stretches to ever be made in history.

As I stumbled into the kitchen, I realised that Kylie was no where to be seen. I reached our round table and found a yellow post-it note stuck on it, reading:

I've gone to the beach
I didn't want to wake you
I'll be there :)
Ky xox

Frowning, I scratched the back of my neck, squinting at the small clock hanging on the white wall.

11:56am

I sighed deeply as I went to make myself some coffee. I grabbed my phone from the island counter in the middle of the room.

As soon as I touched it, the events of the night before instantly came flooding back into my head.

Drinking way more bottles of beer than I had expected. Dancing with Kylie. Playing spin the bo-

Making out with him.

I shuddered at the thought, just as the kettle started whistling.

After I had added milk and the actual coffee to the boiling water, I went outside to the terrace.

I laid back in the small chair, closing my eyes and trying to clear my head. The sun warmed up my legs as I took a sip out of the mug.

But then spitting it out immediately.

Not only was it too hot, I remembered I hated coffee in the morning. It made me feel sick and dizzy.

I rolled my eyes, spilling out the contents back in the kitchen sink.

I grabbed a piece of bread and ate that anyway. Don't ask.

I quickly picked out an outfit and bathing suit, changing into it quickly. My waterproof mascara had run out, so I didn't bother to put any makeup on at all.

+++

"I'm sorry, but what were you thinking?" Kylie dragged me down by my arm into the beach chair next to her, removing her sunglasses.

"I wasn't bothered, Ky," I moaned, leaning back against the chair and taking off my tank top.

"Didn't you know that here is where all the boys hangout now?" she asked again.

"Uh, no. But I don't care." I mumbled, stripping off my shorts and tying my hair up in a messy bun.

I snuggled my feet into the warm, soft sand and closed my eyes.

Summer break.

"You excited for your birthday?" Kylie said. I could hear the wide smile plastered on her face as she spoke.

"Yeah, actually," I replied, "But I don't know what I want."

"A boyfriend?" she joked, "Or maybe some good skills at driving." I snapped my head towards her.