1

Maddie

"What's the matter?" Kylie asked me, concerned.

I had to play it cool.

"Oh, uh, nothing, seriously. Hey, what's he doing here anyway?" I swallowed down the big knot that had formed in my throat.

"I heard he's having a break from his acting career, you know, coming back to his home town for the summer." she replied nonchalantly.

I nodded slowly and stepped back inside our apartment. The cold air conditioning startled me, sending small shivers down my spine. I grabbed what was closest to a woolly jumper from my closet and sat back down on my bed.

I had one last test the next day, so I had to study.

"You want food?" yelled Kylie from her room.

"Yeah." I yelled back, sighing deeply.

"Come with me!" she demanded, now in my room.

"But-"

"No, you're coming." she took the book from me, smirking slyly, placed it on my table and dragged me out of my bed. Literally. "Get...off...bitch!" She grunted as she pushed me off.

My butt hit the floor of my bedroom, as I had stopped resisting.

"Hey!" I protested in pain, rubbing my torso and standing up. I took my sunglasses out of my draw and head out of the door with Kylie.

+++

We walked down the isles of target, and I looked helplessly at all of the food.

"No, please don't!" Kylie cried as I took as much food as I could into my arms. I released all of the crisps and chocolates into the trolley and turned around for a second round. "Madeleine Andrews, leave the poor food alone!"

I furrowed my eyebrows at Kylie quizzically, "But I'm hungry! You can't take me food shopping when I'm hungry, or I'll buy everything!"

"Put it back. All of it!" she laughed at me as I glared at her.

However, when she wasn't looking, I sneaked a few bars of chocolate into the trolley.

"Hey, let's go to the dollar section." I suggested, mentally preparing myself not to take everything off from the shelves.

As we turned a few corners and walked down a few isles, we finally got to it. It was full of junk, but very useful junk if you ask me.

"Look! You can plug loads of headphones in at once!" I cried, grabbing the packet. "It's only a dollar!" I pouted my lips sadly at Kylie, but she only just laughed at me.

"Fine! But I don't plan having a Netflix marathon with-" she checked the amount of headphones you could plug in, "-eight people with headphones on, anytime soon." (A/n lol that didn't make any sense oh well)

"Oh it'll happen," I winked at her playfully. We went around another corner to find the men's T-shirt section. We sometimes loved to buy some because they had cute stuff on them and they were baggy; basically, we bought boy clothes because we had no boyfriends to steal them from.