8

Grayson

She grabbed my hand and led me to a corner of the room, giggling.

"Maddie," I started, again. She was stunning; her silver dress fit her perfectly, outlining her beautiful body.

"Grayson," she moaned in reply.

I didn't know what to do. Stay with her. Probably get caught. Or lead her to Nick.

Before I could make up my mind, she pulled me so close to her that there was no gap in between our bodies.

She placed her hands on my cheeks, crashing her lips onto mine. I was obviously shocked, but something made me kiss her back.

Her lips moved in sync with mine, and I wrapped my arms around her waist.

Neither of us broke away when we needed a breath. I had never been in a situation where I chose someone over breathing.

However, she did pull away after a while. I couldn't believe that neither Nick or Kylie caught us.

But when she looked up at me, her shoulders tensed up. It looked like she was finally realising something.

We were both panting, heaving our chests up and down.

"I have to go," she mumbled and started pushing her way through other people, away from me.

I saw her find Nick and hug him tightly. But Nick didn't hug her properly. Not like I hugged her.

I saw them approach the dance floor, big smiles on their faces.

She didn't care about me.

I should've gone to Kylie. I should've gone and had fun with her.

But I was angry, frustrated.

Whatever I did to Maddie, it was really holding me back.

Maddie

The only thing I could remember was making out with someone and dancing for ages.

I must have drunk a lot, because when I opened my eyes, I found myself in Nick arm's on my bed, Lucky curled up at my feet.

My head was pounding and throbbing; my hungover was worse than I thought. I felt groggy and kind of sick, but it was better knowing that Nick was beside me.

Lucky raised his head at my awakening, and jumped onto me. I started laughing and cuddled up with him.

He barked at Nick, who slowly dragged his eyes open.

"Hey, Lucky." he managed to croak out in a deep voice.

"Woah there," I giggled, "Need water?"

He slowly got up and out of my bed, scratching his head. It was only at this point that I realised he was shirtless and only wearing his boxers. He chose to ignore me and head to the kitchen, where I followed him.

I really couldn't remember anything; there was a very clear note that I must have missed when I came into the apartment. It was just a note explaining how Dad and Skyler had left and were coming back in the morning to say goodbye.