17

Grayson's POV

I might have imagined it, but I thought I saw Maddie looking at me from across of a few parked cars, her expression unreadable on her face. But she was gone as quickly as I had found her.

I turned to Nick, "Hey, are you sure that Maddie and Kylie weren't coming?"

"Well, I think they are, because I bumped into Maddie this morning and she said she was coming." He replied. My heart gave a small leap of hope at the realisation that I could explain everything to Maddie.

I don't know what I was planning to say, because I knew exactly what she thought I had done. It hurt me to talk about it, but it also hurt me that she had assumed...

We started making our way down the hill, and my mood immediately got lifted as I looked at everyone preparing their tents and getting ready for the opening show. Everyone was buzzing. The air seemed to be full of electricity, charging up everyone.

"Dude, look at that spot over there!!" cried Nick, running over to a wide area.

"Nice!" I joined him, immediately setting down the equipment to build our tent. There were thousands of other tents, endlessly filling all the spaces in seconds.

I turned around and suddenly saw a girl with blue hair finishing her tent next to us. "Kylie?" I blurted before I could stop myself.

She turned around, slightly blushing, "Oh, hi," she answered, just as Maddie came out of the tent.

"It is so big in there-" Maddie started, but stopped when she saw Kylie blushing awkwardly, "What's wrong?" Kylie nudged her in our direction, and she stared at us for minute, her eyebrows furrowing together in annoyance.

"Oh hey!" Nick came to us.

No one said anything. It was probably the most awkward encounter in my life. Something seemed to be happening between Nick and Kylie, but every time they made eye contact they quickly looked away.

"Um, we better get started on our tent." Nick said finally, breaking the thick blanket of silence which was soon going to suffocate us all.

+++

Maddie's POV

Out of all of the places they could have set their tent, they had to put it next to ours. I had had enough. I just couldn't be bothered to be so angry and annoyed all the time.

"That was probably the most awkward thing that has ever happened to me." whispered Kylie as we returned inside of our tent.

"Yeah, no shit," I blurted. "Can we try and avoid them please? I really don't want any of that happening again."

"Yeah, we have to meet new people," she sighed, "Okay, which outfit should I wear for the opening show?"

+++

The first night was magical. The music was amazing, drowning the thoughts in my head, hypnotising the crowd. I had never been to such a good concert and I had had my doubts about it. I mean, come on, 'RealMusicLive'??

I didn't want to get drunk on the first night, because I wanted to remember it. And it made me so happy and excited the next morning.