19

Grayson's POV

I can't remember anything that happened last night either. I was feeling quite sick of it, and was kind of regretting not being able to remember any of the music or the actual concert.

Having to wake up to pack was the worst, especially with the hangover from hell.

Maddie's POV

"Dude, remember the second night? I forgot to ask you, but who was that blonde chick in our tent?" I heard Nick ask Grayson.

They were packing up their things at the same time that Kylie and I were, and all four of us tried not to make awkward eye contact with each other.

"Oh I don't know," I sneaked a look at Grayson's blushing face and I felt myself scowl. "Did we do anything?" He said quietly, but I managed to hear.

"All I'm gonna say is that I didn't want to be there." Nick said, throwing his hands up and laughing. I thought I had seen something in Grayson in the woods that I hadn't seen before when we were younger. But I guess I was wrong.

I tried to block them out during the rest of the time we were packing, hoping to leave before them.

+++

"Lucky!" I squealed as I bent down to stroke him. "Thank you so much for taking care of him." I smiled at Alex.

"No problem! I'll see you guys soon." He replied, closing the door.

Kylie reached down to grab Lucky and embraced him in a little hug as he licked her face. "So, I've come to a conclusion that the guys here aren't good enough for me, and I'm going to have to wait till college to get a boyfriend."

"Me too!" I agreed, laughing. I hated that Grayson popped into my head.

*Flashback*

Grayson and I were sitting down at the beach, throwing pebbles into the sea.

"What do you want to be when you're older?" I asked him, readjusting my little pony tail.

"A doctor." He replied straight away, without hesitation.

"Why?"

"I want to help other people." He stared out to the sea. I wished I knew what I wanted to do as much as he did.

"I wanna be a teacher!" I told him, a wide smile on my face. It was one of those things you thought you wanted to be when you were younger, but you didn't want to when you were older. "I wanna help people too!"

+++

Grayson's POV

On the ride back from the concert, I was lost in my thoughts. Why did it have to be so complicated for me? I wanted Maddie. So why did I have to go screw it up and mess around with other girls.

I decided that I was going to get Maddie. I was going to have to try harder to be the person who I once was, lose this fake character who I was so unhappy being.

But I knew that Maddie would be stubborn, so I started small.

I bought her favourite flowers and went to her apartment the next morning.