12

Grayson

Maddie never came back to me for that 'talk'. I guess she changed her mind after our small encounter at the beach.

I will admit I was a tiny bit drunk. But for some reason, I remembered exactly what had happened.

And yes, I had parties a lot more often, each time meeting someone new. Nobody would find out, and if they did? I had enough hate already.

My friends encouraged me to start smoking now, and it surprisingly helped me get away from the stress.

But it was too late to go back. No one could stop me now.

Maddie

It was horrible. Nearly every time I wanted to go out onto the terrace, the air would be thick and cloudy, all because Grayson decided to start a new and disgusting 'hobby'.

I kept on trying to talk to Kylie, but she still ignored me. I don't know what kept pulling me to her, but it hurt more every time she neglected me.

I was starting to feel even more alone than I felt when Mom and Claudia passed away.

My guys twisted every time I thought of them. It felt like my heart stopped beating when a memory would flash into my mind. But it was gone as soon as it came, and I couldn't grab a hold of it.

I would spend days just curled up on my bed, Lucky cuddled next to me, and feel the awful feeling.

Grayson had taken them away from me. I knew he had something to do with it. My mind convinced me he was the one who turned my world upside down, and not in a good way.

But I didn't know why he had even done it.

I had to get my revenge. But now it was too late.

•Flashback•

Maddie

"We'll be back in a few, sweetie! You sure you'll be okay?" Mom's voice chirped from the tiny entrance.

"Mom, I'm 12, I'm sure I'll be fine, I've stayed here alone thousands of times before!" I gave her a tight hug before she and Claudia left.

"Be careful!" I yelled after them as they walked down the road rather slowly; mom had just given birth to Skyler.

I knew what I had said was stupid, but our neighbourhood wasn't entirely safe. There were a few thieves on the loose who were ready to mob anyone.

I closed the cracked door of our house quietly and crept over to mom and dad's room.

Skyler was bundled up in a few blankets with faded patterns, her mouth slightly open and her small eyes closed.

I sighed happily as I watched how she breathed in and out, slowly.

I sauntered over to the kitchen and grabbed the phone that Claudia and I shared. I never really used it, but I texted my best friend now and again.