5

Grayson

I thought that kissing her and asking her to be my girlfriend would clear my head, block out all of the disappointment.

It worked at first. And it sure as hell made Maddie jealous.

We approached them, hand in hand, Kylie smiling broadly next to me. Of course she was. Anyone would want to date me!

But not her.

When we had settled down on the towels, Kylie laid her head on my shoulder as Maddie and the others erupted with laughter every few seconds about something that Nick said.

I tried to concentrate on what they were all laughing about, to look happy that I had just gotten a hot girlfriend.

But none of them really seemed to care.

"The food was great." Maddie mumbled while swallowing the last of her burger.

"Yeah," Nick agreed, looking up at her. My jaw clenched slightly as I saw Maddie blush.

"Do you guys wanna get frozen yogurt later?" Kylie suggested, lifting her head from my shoulder.

"Sure," I answered as I slung my arm around her shoulders, "Today was really fun." I whispered in her ear.

I really had to appreciate her.

"I heard there's this new, really cool amusement park around the corner to the frozen yogurt shop," Nick started, "Anyone want to come?"

"I've got to go to my summer job interview." Alex spoke, a sense of dreading in his voice.

"Well, uh, I was thinking that Kylie and I would go surfing later," I blurted, quickly looking over at Kylie.

"Yeah, sure!"

"Oh," Nick nodded, "Zac?"

"Su-" I saw Alex sneakily nudge him sharply. "I mean, I've got to, uh, go buy a parrot for my grandma."

Maddie started giggling silently as Kylie and Nick joined in. Alex just rolled his eyes but had a small smirk on his face.

"It's true, guys! It's her birthday tomorrow." he mumbled.

"Okay, yeah, but Maddie?" Nick looked at her hopefully.

"Y-yeah, sure." she stuttered nervously. I clenched my teeth harder as I scorned myself for making up an excuse.

"Well, I better get going now." Alex stood up.

"Same." Zac soon followed after Alex, waving goodbye.

"So uh, I'll meet you here in an hour?" I questioned Kylie while getting up myself.

"Sure," she smiled broadly, and I have her a quick kiss before heading to my towel.

+++

Maddie

I didn't really have to change, as there were apparently a few water rides too.