Adopted Assassin [COMPLETED]

By eatmehasselhoff

When Stark himself plans to go and make things more interesting at the tower, he accidentally finds someone f... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Epilouge

Chapter 9

8.3K 220 36
By eatmehasselhoff

.09
TESSA: CITY
PRESENT

~{}~

"Steve?"

"Are you alright? Do you need help with it? Wait, how did you know my -" He started, but then got a better look at my face. "Tessa?"

"No, uh, bye!" I managed to say, I turned and started running as fast as I could to my alley.

"Tessa, wait!" He called after me. Even though he didn't do anything to me a month ago, I still couldn't have him take me back to Stark. No, anywhere but Stark.

I turned the corner and ran past my alley. Whoops. I couldn't turn back now. I had to keep running. I weaved in and out of people, trying no to knock people over. I muttered apologies to the people I did.

"Stop!" I heard Steve yell. I looked behind me and he was catching up to me. I sprinted around a corner. The next alley I saw, I ran into it. I only got halfway into it when Steve saw me in it. He slowly walked towards me. He wasn't panting. He reached out to me. I took a step away.

"Tessa, come back," he said softly. "Everyone misses you."

"Excluding Stark, of course." I snapped back.

"No, Tessa, especially Stark." My heart crinkled up. It wouldn't let anything take it.

"You are lying," I said hoarsely. He took another step towards me.

"Come back, Tessa. Do it for him."

"No!" I yelled. "He was my everything when mom died, Steve. I'm not his, so no. Not for him. Not for anyone."

"What about for the rest of us?" I shook my head. "What about for Clint?" My heart was beating fast. Clint probably missed me, but I had to make sure.

"How do I know that Clint misses me, Steve?" I asked him, trying to act heartless. "He might not even care anymore." I saw Steve's eyes go wide. He grabbed something out of his pocket and pressed the button. I suddenly felt an arm go across my throat and metal pressed against my forehead. I immediately took action. I grabbed the arm across my throat and twisted it, making the victim let out a cry of pain. I reached for the gun, but the man stretched his arm so it was out of my reach. "You made the wrong choice, pal," I gritted through my teeth. I turned around and flipped the grown man over my shoulder and I wretched the gun out of his hand. "Run," I whispered, pointing the gun at him. He nodded and ran out of the alley, past Steve and into the light. Steve had a confused look on his face. "Just because I'm young doesn't mean I'm incapable, Steve." I slid the gun into my shorts pocket.

"I didn't say anything," Steve argued.

"You were thinking about doing something, I know you were!" I bickered back. "You get that look in your eye!"

"You've known me for three days!"

I let out a sigh. "He could have shot you, Steve! That wouldn't have helped you save anyone!"

"It would've saved you," he said quietly.

"I don't need saving. I was trained to be an assassin. I don't need someone around me. I don't need a family."

"But Tony -"

"I gave him a chance. He didn't take it," I interrupted. I gave him a soft smile. "Nice seeing you, Steve." I started to scale the fence, but I felt a hand on my shoulder. "Steve, let me go," I whispered. I didn't want him to see me, trying not to cry. I wanted to go back. I longed for Clint. I wanted Steve and Bucky. I wanted Bruce and Natasha. I even wanted Thor. I wanted a family. I wanted a home. "I have to do this, Steve," I said when he didn't let go.

"It isn't Steve," I heard Clint's voice say. I let out a small laugh and turned to face him. He looked tired and sad.

"Then, Clint, I have to go now." I shrugged off his shoulder and scaled the fence as quickly as I could. I jumped down, which hurt my ankle. I fell on my knees. I got up but bumped into someone else.

"God, this is the second time today," I muttered and I looked at the guy's face. Bucky.

"You didn't think we were letting you go away that easy, did you?" He asked with a grin on his face. It fell. "Tessa, come back. Please. Clint is a wreck." My heart broke.

"Did he fall off any buildings?" I asked him.

He smirked. "No, but I'm the one who had to save his butt because he was so out of it." My heart broke again. I tried to get past him, but he grabbed the edge of my shirt, the same one I had worn since they rescued me. It was covered in blood, but thankfully, people thought it was tie-dye.

"I'm not letting you go anywhere," he said. "You're not running away from us again."

"Watch me," I said and my voice cracked. I ran past him and across the street. I climbed up the side of the nearest building, using the fire escape. Bucky, Steve, and Clint weren't far behind me, though. I finally got to the roof and looked around. The buildings weren't far apart. I could probably jump across them, I thought. I ran to the edge and found out. I jumped with all that was left in me. I made it and landed with a somersault. I did that with 9 more buildings, which slowed them down. On the 10th building, the space was really far apart. I didn't notice that until I jumped. I flailed my arms and aimed for the fire escape. Clink, I heard as I landed on the ladder. I scampered down to the ground and ran as far as I could. I ended up on a quiet and peaceful street.

"Tessa, wait!" I heard Bucky yell, not far behind. I needed to do something. I ran up to a mailbox. Sam Wilson. Huh. Seems like a friendly enough name. I ran up to the door. Locked. I jogged around the house and checked the back door. Locked. I checked the nearest window. Unlocked. I wiggled through the window and shut it gently. If this guy is home, I don't need him to know that, I thought. I tip-toed through the back room and into the living room. It didn't seem like there was anyone home. I walked into the living room and plopped down on the couch. I closed my eyes. God, only if Tony wasn't a selfish idiot maybe I wouldn't be breaking into people's houses for a safe nap. I'd be at the tower, having a normal childhood. I wouldn't be an assassin, but a lot of people aren't an assassin anyways. What am I saying? I want to go home with Clint!

Click. I opened my eyes and saw the barrel of a gun pointing right at my face, with a not so friendly looking face behind it.

"Who are you and what are you doing in my house?"

Maybe he's not that friendly.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 27.3K 73
What, never heard of her? Typical. She has more kills than the Winter Solider. She was taken when she was 4 for her powers. When she escaped she dec...
150K 4.4K 24
When sixteen year old Y/n L/n, a telekinetic orphan joins the Avengers, she is assigned as Loki's Mission partner. They are a great team, often makin...
43.7K 1K 13
"You can't take her Thor! She is my daughter! You can't take her!" "I am truly sorry brother, forgive me." ~ When Thor takes away the last person Lok...
337K 9.4K 19
After escaping Hydra during a mission, 13 year old Peter Parker is put into child protection services who bring him to an orphanage full of abuse. Af...