Secrets (Haikyuu Fanfiction S...

Bởi DancingLeaf16

️️⭐️2nd Place in Haikyuu Watty Awards 2015 love stories [canon pairing/OC pairing] Category⭐️ I'm just Haruka... Xem Thêm

1. The Deal
2. Obnoxiously Loud
3. Secret Team Meeting!
4. Operation AxH!!!
5. Wrong Idea
6. Bad Actor
7. Homemade Lunch
8. Bokuto's Ranting
9. Bokuto's Self Decision
10. Troublesome Night
11. Roaming Imagination
12. Test of Courage
13. A Different Side
14. Back to Practice
15. Suspicions
16. Fake Couple, Real Date
17. Change of Heart
18. Intense Workouts
19. Preparations
20. Owls Hoot!
21. Fukurodani's Ace
22. Friendly Rivalry
23. Difference
24. Responsibilities
25. Being a Leader
26. The Grade Killers
27. Completely Wrong Idea
28. The Oblivious One
29. Good and Bad Outcomes
30. Tokyo Alliances
31. Newcomers
32. Crush!?
33. Small Dispute
34. Coincidence
35. Realization
36. Resolution
37. No Longer a Lie
38. 4 on 4 Practice Match
39. Karasuno's Crows
40. BBQ!
41. Leadership
42. Ambition
43. Shocking News
44. Declaration
45. Secrets
46. Trust
47. Great Horned Owls!
48. Lift Off
49. Focus
50. Confidence
51. Celebration
52. Strategize
53. Unexpected
54. Part Time Job
55. Opening Up
56. Exposed
57. Chiharu's Training
58. Happy Birthday!
60. Kept Hidden
61. Moving On
62. No Matter What...
63. Party Planning
64. Cheers
65. Spring High Tournament
66. Resolve
67. Battlefield
68. Triumph Owl
69. True Leader
70. Countdown to Finals
71. Unstoppable
72. The End Game
73. Farewell Third Years
Author's Note
S1. New Years
S2. Valentine's Day
S3. New Captain
S4. Five Year Anniversary
S5. Proposal
S6. Wedding
S7. Kaede Akaashi
Haikyuu Fanfiction Series ~
Thank you readers!

59. Reminiscence

1.5K 68 3
Bởi DancingLeaf16

Haruka POV
(The next day)

After a long day of school, I eat dinner with my family then head straight to my room feeling mentally exhausted.

Everything was fine. Nothing seemed out of the ordinary. It was just like any other day, except... I sit down and stare at the picture of Keiji and I as kids.

Keiji and I knew each other.

I've been thinking about it the whole day. Even yesterday during the party, I tried to celebrate Keiji's birthday but I couldn't get it out of my mind.

When my mom introduced me to Keiji as my new step-brother, I didn't recognize him at all. It was like meeting a new person... Yet that wasn't the case.

Apparently, I knew Keiji long before as Kei-kun, a kid I met in a summer volleyball camp that I attended. I didn't remember him when our parents first introduced each other, but I wonder... Did he remember me when we first met?

Keiji wouldn't hide that from me, right? But why would he have that picture then...?

I fall back on my bed and stare at the ceiling.

All my memories are jumbled up after that picture triggered them, but not just the memories... The emotions that came along with them too.

(Flashback ~ Nine years ago)

With the sun shining brightly on a summer's day, I arrived at my grandma's house with my mom.

It was the summer of my upcoming third grade year. I told my mom that I wanted to go to a volleyball camp so my mom decided to sign me up for one near grandma's house. That way we can also visit her.

"Mom, it's been so long," My mom greets grandma and gives her a big hug.

"It has, you need to come visit more," Grandma hugs mom back then turns to me.

"Hi grandma," I greet and she immediately squeezes my cheeks.

"Haruka, you're so cute! You look just like your mother when she was younger," Grandma says as she cuddles me.

"T-thanks," I barely let out an answer struggling to breathe.

Grandma lets go of me and I'm finally able to breathe again. "So your mom told me that you're going to be attending the volleyball camp here. Is that true?" Grandma asks me and I nod my head. "That's great! The boy next door is also attending the volleyball camp. He's such a sweet boy. You should get to know him. He's the same age as you," Grandma grins as she pushes me over to the house next door to meet this boy.

"O-okay..." I answer slightly confused.

Before I know it, I stand in front of grandma's neighbor's house. Grandma eagerly knocks on the door. "Akaashi, it's Ms. Akiyama. I want to introduce you to my granddaughter. She's going to the summer volleyball camp with you."

There was no response for a long time, but eventually, the door opens. In front of me was a messy black haired boy with blue-green eyes.

I stare at him. He seems like a quiet, monotonous boy.

I look over to grandma and she gives me a nudge. "You should go introduce yourself."

"Hi... My name is Haruka Akiyama. What's your name?" I ask.

"..." The boy remains silent.

I stare at him puzzled. "What's your name?" I repeat.

Is he not going to answer???

"Haruka, don't push Akaashi too much. He's a shy boy," Grandma scolds me and a sweatdrop falls behind the back of my head.

A quiet and shy kid? How am I supposed to get along with him? He's the complete opposite of me.

I clear my throat. "You're going to be in the volleyball camp too, right? Do you know how to play volleyball?" I ask.

"I do..." he answers and the tip of my lips turn up.

At least we have one thing in common. Volleyball!

"Great! Then let's play together," I smile.

After my grandma leaves us, Akaashi and I find a nearby playground to play volleyball. We set up a mini net to practice together.

I take a volleyball out of my duffel bag. "So what's your position in volleyball? Are you a spiker, setter, or libero?" I ask.

"A setter," he answers.

"Nice!" I toss him the volleyball. "I'm a spiker. Set the volleyball to me," I grin.

I take in a deep breath. He tosses the volleyball at the perfect angle for me.

I excitedly jump up and smoothly spike the volleyball down. "Yes!" I happily turn to Akaashi. "What do you think? That was good, wasn't it?!"

Akaashi's eyes shine in complete awe. "Amazing..." he mumbles. "A star..."

"Huh? Star?" I awkwardly scratch the back of my neck. "Well, I always want to be a top volleyball player, so I guess."

Akaashi laughs and I slightly blush. "Anyways, let's keep practicing. You're a good practice partner to have."

After that day, I got to know Akaashi much more. We got along more, and even if we didn't carry much of a conversation together, we would always hang out to play volleyball.

"Why are you a setter? You could've been a spiker just like me," I ask him out of curiosity as we walk to the volleyball camp together.

"... Because I want you to shine brighter," Akaashi answers.

"Huh? Shine?" I tilt my head confused. "Can you repeat that?" I ask.

I don't understand what he's saying again. 

"It's nothing..." Akaashi tells me.

"Fine, if you say so," I huff and take his hand. "I don't want to be late for the volleyball camp, let's go!" I grin.

"Okay," Akaashi takes my hand and a small smile forms on his face.

Going to the volleyball camp everyday with Akaashi was fun. The two of us would always be on the same team and together, we were known as the best duo there.

I sit down on the couch next to my grandma who's reading a book. "So how's the volleyball camp going?" she asks.

"It's good, I'm enjoying it. Especially when I'm teamed up with Akaashi! We always win when we're on the same team," I grin.

"I'm glad you're getting along with him," My grandma smiles. "Akaashi is a sweet boy but he has a hard time expressing himself. Because of that, he doesn't have many friends, but I'm happy to see my granddaughter being friends with him."

"Well, I don't know about friends... I mean, he's nice to be around when I need to practice volleyball with someone..." I awkwardly answer.

"Really? I think you two get along quite swimmingly," My grandma smiles all knowingly. "Two peas in a pod."

"Sure..." I sweatdrop.

I didn't really think about how I got along with Akaashi, yet I realized that grandma was right. Before I knew it, he and I began to hang out all the time even when it wasn't to play volleyball together.

Everyday during lunch at the volleyball summer training camp, Akaashi and I ate lunch together.

"Do you like onigiri?" I ask him one day during the summer camp as he watches me eat my lunch. I glance over at his lunch and see that he doesn't have much to eat. "Akaashi, do you want one?" I offer.

"Is that okay?" he asks.

I nod my head. "Of course," I hand him the onigiri.

"Thanks Haruka," Akaashi says with a soft, gentle smile.

My heart starts to race seeing his smile and I pound my chest with my fist to stop my racing heart.

"Is something wrong?" he asks, concerned.

"Your smile... Is nice!" I blurt out flustered. "You should smile more often!"

"No..." Akaashi bluntly answers with a deadpan look.

"... But you have such a nice smile," I compliment him as my head falls disappointed.

Akaashi chuckles and pats my head. "As long as you're by my side, I'll always smile for you."

"Of course," I smile back. "And I'll just do the same."

Later during the day, I happily make onigiri and my grandma notices.

"Who are you making those for?" Grandma asks me.

"I'm making onigiri for Akaashi," I explain. "I gave him some of my onigiri today since he didn't have much to eat for lunch. He said he liked it so I wanted to make him some more myself."

"I see," grandma purses her lips. "Akaashi probably doesn't often eat homemade food since his parents are not often home because of their jobs."

"Really...?" I slightly frown. "Can we invite Akaashi over for dinner?" I ask.

Grandma smiles. "How considerate of you. Sure, we can invite him over," Grandma chuckles and gives me a hug. "You know Haruka, you're such a sweet child. Sometimes I think you're a better person than your mother."

"Mom is going to get angry if you say that," I warn grandma.

"I heard that!" Mom shouts and the two of us laugh.

Before I knew it, Akaashi became a part of the family during the summer. I would always hang out with him and I didn't mind it. I enjoyed being around him. Yet even though I was close to him, I felt like there was a wall between us. As if he was hiding something from me.

"Grandma, I feel like Akaashi is hiding something from me," I tell my grandma as I peek over her shoulder as she reads a book.

"Why would you say that?" Grandma asks me and I purse my lips.

"Well, it's like he doesn't really show me how he really feels sometimes," I try to explain. "He's too nice. He should just be himself when he's around me."

Grandma blinks surprised and laughs. "Haruka, dear, you are the opposite of him when it comes to that. You're quite an expressive girl who always says how she feels, but Akaashi isn't like that. He's quite a sensitive boy," Grandma pats me on the head. "Over time, I'm sure the two of you will be able to completely open up to each other."

"I guess so..." I puff my cheeks.

Grandma puts her hands on my cheeks and chuckles. "No, you two do have some things in common. You two are quite independent and would never take anyone's help and would rather help others," Grandma smiles. "You two can learn from each other. Akaashi needs a friend like you and you're just the same. Someone who is willing to take the time to really know you for who you are."

"Grandma..." I pout.

"Trust me when I say this," My grandma says and winks. "If the two of you ever start dating then I would definitely approve of it. I would love to have Akaashi as my grandson."

I give my grandma a deadpan look and she giggles. "I'm joking, I want that more for my own daughter who still can't get over the man she lost. But I probably won't live that long to see the two of you happy with the person you love," Grandma smiles.

Later that day, I walk down the street with a volleyball in my hand. Akaashi wasn't home. I wonder where he went?

"Look! It's Baka-Aka!" A kid shouts.

Huh?

"Baka-Aka!" I overhear another kid shout.

Are they bullying someone? I take a closer look and see that the boy they were teasing was Akaashi.

"Baka-Aka not being so friendly, huh?" Another one of his friends comment and stands right in front of him. "Baka-Aka! Wakey, wakey!" he shouts and hits him on the forehead.

I grit my teeth in frustration as I watch Keiji get bullied in that manner. Why are they treating him like that? Why isn't he doing anything about it?

"Oi! Stop bullying him!" I shout.

The boys click their tongue.

"And why would we listen to you?" A boy argues.

"Oh! Don't tell me she likes him!" Another boy laughs. "Hahahaha! Why him though? He barely talks!"

A vein pops on my head and I throw a volleyball at his face.

"What's wrong with him not talking? I bet he's smarter than all of you and me," I argue.

I know I'm right. Although Keiji doesn't talk much, when we practice he always comes up with these crazy strategies that let us win our matches in the volleyball camp.

"S-she threw a volleyball at me?!" The boy shouts in shock.

"And I'm not afraid of giving a few punches either," I taunt as I crackle my knuckles.

The boys gulp and sprint away.

"Losers," I mumble.

"Thanks..." Keiji thanks me and I frown.

"Don't let them bother you like that," I scold him. "You are your own person. If you don't like something, say it or else they'll continue to bully you." I offer him a hand. "Besides, I'm here too, you should've asked me for help."

"B-But..." Keiji stutters. "I don't want to bother you."

"You aren't. Don't ever think like that," I tell him and take his hand. "I know we didn't have a great first meeting but I had fun playing with you as I got to know you more. You're my friend. You can relax around me. You don't need to hide how you honestly feel when you're around me."

A small smile forms on his face. "Thanks..."

I smile. "Your given name is Keiji right? Can I call you Kei-kun instead?" I ask and he nods his head. "Great! You can call me Haru if you want! My dad used to tell me that calling people by a nickname makes you become friends faster so I like giving my friends' nicknames."

I think back to kids that teased me earlier and I shudder. "Are you sure you want to be friends with me? We're completely different from each other and---" He asks concerned but I stop him.

"That doesn't matter we're friends! Besides we do have one thing in common, volleyball," I grin. "I admit you're a pretty good setter so continue to set the volleyball to me everyday till the end of the summer volleyball camp that way I can become the number one ace."

Keiji's eyes widen and he laughs.

I blink surprised. "Is it that funny?"

"Nope... I know you can do it," He innocently smiles.

My eyes widen. "Thanks and I know you'll be a great setter." I smile back.

At that moment, I broke down the wall between Keiji and I. From that point on, Keiji never restrained himself around me and could be himself. It was at that moment, I truly saw Keiji as a friend.

What I didn't realize was that there was a bigger wall that was to come...

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

10.4K 558 117
Haikyuu!! Fanfiction Tsukishima x OC Ogawa Nakano needed volleyball to live like a fish needs water. She'd been away from it for far too long. She...
232K 6.9K 26
❝𝐆𝐎𝐃, 𝐘𝐎𝐔'𝐑𝐄 𝐒𝐎 𝐅𝐔𝐂𝐊𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐏𝐑𝐄𝐓𝐓𝐘 𝐖𝐇𝐄𝐍 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐂𝐑𝐘.❞ ╰┈─➤ 𝙞𝙣 𝙬𝙝𝙞𝙘𝙝 𝘼𝙠𝙖𝙖𝙨𝙝𝙞 𝙨𝙪𝙜𝙜𝙚𝙨𝙩𝙨 𝙨𝙤𝙢𝙚𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙣�...
788K 26K 96
(F/N) (L/N), the Captain and Ace of Fukurodani's female volleyball team The girls team gets invited to go to a training camp with some other teams, i...
124K 4.1K 58
Akari Ukai promised herself she was to never play volleyball again. Yet when her older brother Keishin Ukai injures himself, she must take the respon...