Falling to Rise [Book 1 of Fa...

By CATtheDrawer

Wielding the power of magic makes you a sorcerer. Being sorcerer is a crime against the kingdom of Emedo and... More

Some Notes
The Land of Ethereal
~~Part One~~
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
~~Part Two~~
To the Sun
To the Sun w/ quote
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
~~Part 3~~
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Epilogue
Thank you!
Fun things about what I did to plan F2R
For Fate and Destiny
Destiny Calls
GOOOO! Book 2!

Chapter Twelve

2.2K 132 300
By CATtheDrawer

Whoo! On a roll! Chapter 13 tomorrow!

Falling to Rise

Chapter 12

"Don't give up"

"It's important to get as close to synchronization as possible." Mitch glared.

"Why?"

"Does it matter! It's custom, you've said the d*mn thing so many times now hurry up and time it with mine, or this will never happen."

Seto only glared, he was still furious with Mitch, but he'd calmed down, unlike the prince. He had almost as bad as an attitude as his cousin.

"Ready?" Seto nodded.

"I hereby declare complete allegiance to the terms of this fight. Cheating and outside interference is an automatic forfeit, and I swear to fight without anger, without pity, and most of all with honor." Seto finally managed to say it, or he hoped. He only fumbled on a few words, but otherwise he thought it sound almost "synchronized". What a picky prince.

"That'll do, I suppose."

"Oh thank Notch!" Ian shouted, waking Adam from his slumped position on the floor, "Hurry up and get it over with already."

"Right, the only thing left is for you to pick my opponent, though it's a very limited choice between Adam and Ian, and then you'll choose the weapons we'll use."

Seto nodded, he knew who he would pick. Duhita specialized in battle, but not the same as Emedo who although they were known for their abundance of jewels, was also known for their large numbers in fights. Duhita was different, they were known for their skill, their skills in stealth and strategy.

But both Emedo and Duhita were almost equals, Emedo's numbers nulling Duhita's skill, and vice versa. If he were able to choose both Ian and Adam, he felt that he could surely win, but he could only choose one. He figured Mitch already knew that, so it really depended on who he choose. In all honesty, he felt Adam would be the best choice, he knew he could rely on Adam to actually try, while Ian, didn't care...

While Seto's eyes were closed in thought, he caught a glimpse of something in his mind. A memory, a hint?

He blinked. Absurd, his mind could not speak to him like that.He closed his eyes again.

He saw it again! Iron glinting in the sun-dappled forest of Duhita. It was the iron of an axe head, raised high above the wielder's head. Suddenly the axe was transformed into wood, and the background into the room he was standing in now. Seto was intrigued by what he was seeing within his own mind.

Jerome held a wooden axe over his head. But the odd thing, he was lacking his cloak that Adam had given him.

Seto heard snapping in his ears. Seto blinked his eyes open to see Mitch snapping his fingers at Seto, "Hey, hey sorcerer boy, I don't have all day you know. I would like to get this over with before midday, if you please."

"So who will it be, Adam or Ian?"

Seto was sure his mind was trying to tell him something, as odd as that sounded, it was like that dream he had this morning. Though this one made more sense, because he actually knew where he was and who the person was in his dream.

"Jerome."

"Adam it i--What!" Mitch looked at Seto with an incredulous look, "That mutt over there!" He pointed his finger at Jerome who hadn't moved since the guards had let go of him. Though the guards were still standing behind him, without touching him, so Jerome had just sat down on the ground.

Jerome looked up as the finger was pointed at him.

"You can't be serious!" Mitch said.

"Are you insane?" Ian yelled.

"Yes I'm serious, I'm sure of it. I know Jerome can win, he'll beat you."

Mitch regained his composure and laughed quietly with his fingers pinching the bridge of his nose, "Right, of course you'd rely on that thing. The two of you are alike after all. No matter, it doesn't change the outcome."

"Fine," Mitch smiled, "My opponent is the morvic, it's settled then."

"Hey don't I get a say in this!" Jerome growled and stood with his arms crossed.

"What will the weapons be?" he was still smiling, like he'd still won.

"Wooden axe for Jerome, and...wooden sword for you."

"Great. Guards!" Two guards rushed out of the room, "I'll let you talk to your little Morvic friend, he better follow the rules, or you automatically lose." He smirked and walked away towards Adam and Ian.

Seto rushed over to Jerome and began to untie the ropes, he glanced at the guards who paid them no attention.

"Are you insane Seto! You don't just sign me up for something without my say, keep doing that and you'll be just like the humans who take away our freedom." he hissed and glared.

"No, no, no, no, that's not why I picked you. You have to trust me, I'm not just using you."

"Well, why on earth did you pick me!?"

Seto glanced at the guards again and motioned for Jerome to follow him. They walked a few feet away from the guards then motioned for Jerome to duck down a little so he could speak into his ear, "This is going to sound crazy, but I saw it."

"What?"

"In my head, I can't explain it, but it feels right. I was trying to decide who to choose, Adam or Ian and all of a sudden you popped into my mind, You were in this room with a wooden axe, but the odd thing, you didn't have your cloak on."

"...What? Am I supposed to believe you saw me...here...with a wooden axe, and cloakless."

"Yes."

"This is absurd."

"I know, I know, but you have to trust me, I think...no, I know you'll win.

The two guards that had left came back carrying the weapons Seto had chosen. Mitch grabbed his first, since he was closest to the door, "Time's up!"

"Just trust me, please," Seto pleaded.

Jerome looked at Seto, his harsh gaze softened a little for the shorter boy who looked so desperate. Even Jerome could tell that this was important, that this meant everything to Seto, he sighed, "Fine, but what the nether do I do with my cloak? You said I didn't have it on in your little vision, it could've just been a mistake in your brain."

"I don't know, but keep it on you for now, and... whatever you do, don't break the rules."

Jerome grinned as he started to walk towards Mitch the second guard holding his weapon for him. He held a thumbs up to Seto as he looked back and said, "You got it, Set." Then he turned away and hurriedly ran to get his weapon.

Seto's eyes widened at the name Jerome had called him. He hadn't heard anyone call him that, not for over a year. Not since that day. Not since he let Tyler disappear.

And suddenly, it was just that one word that made Seto smile. That one word that made tears ready to fall, but none doing so. That one word that reassured him that Jerome would win without a doubt, that he would be able to save Ty. That everything would be ok.

~~~~~

"Is he an idiot, he picked that morvic of all people to stand in for him." Ian muttered while he leaned against the wall. The hall was large, very large, There was plenty of room for the fight to be held here without it damaging anything.

"Not like there was a lot to choose from, it was either you or me, if not Jerome. It makes sense if you ask me." Adam said.

"I didn't..."

"People may not admit it, but morvics are statistically stronger humans, but through oppression most morvics don't know how strong they really are. So people tend to take advantage of them. Even if Jerome doesn't have a lot of skill, he has enough strength and speed that might just allow him to win."

"I said I didn't ask..."

Mitch and Jerome stood on the opposite sides of the room. The room was cleared of any guards and servants, the only people in the large room were the two fighters, Seto, Adam and Ian. A completely private battle.

Neither moved, not until the battle was signaled to start. With his whole body Seto shouted, "Go!" and Mitch made the first move.

Mitch moved with amazing poise and speed, in only three seconds he made it halfway across the room, his sword to his side. Jerome was just starting to make a move, but it looked more like he was watching than moving. He held a defensive pose the whole time he moved in closer as Mitch came in with great speed.

Mitch was on Jerome in seconds, jabbing left and right, then throwing in a kick to his sides. Jerome managed to guard himself from the sword attacks, but he left himself completely open for the kick.

"Is that even legal!" Jerome coughed as he clutched his side and glared.

"Legality doesn't matter, kicking is not against the rules, of course a morvic like you wouldn't understand much about the Sacred Rules that every Duhitian follows.

"Stupid rules," Jerome spat, he turned and swung his axe with the full force of his strength down on Mitch.

"You leave your vitals wide open." Mitch sneered with confidence as he ducked underneath the blow and moved in towards Jerome, so that he was an inch away from his face. With his free hand he landed a punch under Jerome's jaw.

Jerome yelped, he'd bit his tongue and drew blood. He stumbled back but remained standing as he glared at Mitch. He spat the blood out of his mouth and wiped away the excess with his arm.

"You think you're so special just because you're a prince. Special my a*s, I'll show you it has absolutely nothing to do with your d*mn title!" He hissed, he swung his axe repeatedly, but Mitch blocked each blow with ease.

"The vow Seto took, technically applies to you to, I quote, 'I swear to fight without anger, without pity, and most of all with honor' keep at it like this and it may be seen as a violation of the vow."

"You and your stupid rules! And what the hell would you know about honor! Ever occur to you that your soldiers aren't that honorable when they kill my people!"

Mitch rolled his eyes, "Your people start the fights."

"I doubt you've ever been out there to see who actually start the fights. You just stayed cooped up in your cozy, little castle."

Mitch glared back at Jerome. Jerome threw another blow with his axe. Mitch blocked, the force sent Mitch to his knees, "Not so cocky now, prince."

The wood sword began to chip a little as the two fighters fought with opposing strength. Mitch surged upwards with a burst of energy that knocked Jerome to the floor, his axe skidding across the floor out of reach. Mitch stood over the fallen Jerome, both of his feet planted on his cloak, Jerome's hood knocked clean off his head revealing his brown-amber eyes.

Jerome's eyes widened, no, this couldn't be. He crained his head to look over at Seto, Seto stood on the other side of the dining table, his hands planted on it as he leaned over it. His eyes wide as he watched.

Jerome was going to lose if he didn't think fast, but Mitch was standing on his cloak, he couldn't move like this--his cloak! He remembered back to what Seto had said right before he went to fight. Jerome wasn't wearing a cloak by the end of the fight. The cloak saved him!

"Checkmate." Mitch said, he raised his sword. Jerome fumbled with the iron clasp, and before Mitch could swing his sword, Jerome kicked Mitch's feet out from under him. Mitch yelped and fell backwards. Jerome leapt at the chance and dove for his axe. He rolled across the floor with the axe in his paws and rolled onto his back to block a blow from Mitch's sword. Man that prince sure recovered quick!

He would be in trouble if he didn't think quick. That little cloak stunt only bought him a little time, almost not enough.

"Who's not cocky now," Mitch smirked.

Jerome pushed the force of the blade to slide off his axe and into the floor next to him. He rolled away and stood up. Mitch was still struggling to get the sword out of the ground. Jerome charged, Mitch abandoned the sword and turned to face Jerome, his fists raised.

One swing. Dodge. Punch. Block. Repeat.

Neither prince nor morvic were making headway in the battle. Neither one of their strengths seemed to be waning, and neither one of them would quit. Mitch had his pride to hold onto, and Jerome... as much as he would like to not admit it... he was helping a friend. A friend who looked human, but was definitely not.

~~~~~

"This battle is going nowhere...We'll be here all day if one of them doesn't finish it soon." Ian said, when he received no reply he looked down at Adam, "Are you listening to me!"

"No! I mean, who can! Look at this, Mitch and I haven't had this intense of a fight since we were younger. Mitch far exceeds my skills now, it almost feels like I'm watching my childhood... just now I'm a furry bear."

"I'm not a bear dammit!" Jerome glared at Adam.

"Holy Notch, he heard me! How cool is that!" Adam giggled excitedly.

"Super..."

~~~~~

Seto almost couldn't stand watching the fight any longer. Not only was he not one for violence, but he was literally going to fall if he leaned any farther over the table. But even so, he felt drawn to watch the battle.

He was glad Jerome hadn't killed him, looking back and seeing this, he realized he had absolutely no chance of winning, ever.

Jerome was simply amazing, hell, even Mitch. The both of them fought like this was the only thing in the world that mattered. Mitch's brow was furrowed in concentration, Jerome's face was full of determination. He admired them both at this point for their splendor in battle.

Mitch moved in with more speed and agility than before, he managed to recover his sword just a few moments ago. He made quick fast jabs at Jerome's arms, his legs, his torso, anything he could hit. Seto could see it was taking a toll on Jerome, he couldn't keep up with the jabs, but it wasn't only affecting Jerome. The increased strain was wearing Mitch out to. Seto didn't need to be a master at fighting to be able to see that, and he figured if someone as bad at fighting as him could notice, that Jerome had seen it too.

It came so suddenly. Mitch made a jab at Jerome again, but this time Jerome moved out of the way and tripped Mitch.

It was over in seconds.

Jerome anticipated it. He waited for Mitch's next attack, and when it came, he dodged instead of blocked. He used his movement to trip Mitch, Mitch's eyes widened as he fell forward. His sword falling from his grasp as he used his hands to break his fall. The axe was swung down towards Mitch's neck, and stopped just inches from his face.

"Check... oh whatever the hell you said, I don't care." Jerome dropped the axe and took several steps back, "I won fair and square. So now you have to help Seto."

Mitch didn't say a word, just continued to stare at the ground, still in the same position he'd fallen in.

At last he muttered, "Tha-that's impossible. Th-there's no way I lost, no way I lost to a morvic like you!" Mitch yelled the last sentence out in a full rage of fury.

Jerome snorted, "Wasn't it you who said, and I quote 'I swear to fight without anger, without pity, and most of all with honor' Don't get your jewels in a twist, you lost, I won, you help Seto. That's that."

Jerome turned and walked away. Seto cheered and jumped up and down repeatedly. He ran to Jerome as he walked over and hugged him. Jerome, surprised by the action let Seto hug him in shock. "You didn't have to do that.." Jerome muttered and rubbed the back of his neck.

"Of course I did! You won! Thank you! Thank you so much, I can't thank you enough, you don't know how much this means to me!"

"Thank Notch this is over, now we can head back to Emedo." Ian said relieved. Adam stood up beside him and stretched.

"That was the best fight I've seen in the longest time," Adam sighed as he relaxed his body from the stretch. By now, Seto and Jerome were happily talking as they walked over to Adam and Ian. Adam patted Jerome on the back and congratulated him.

"Come on Ian! Tell Jerome he did well, he deserves it!"

"No, now shut up and let's get what we came here for. The prince's assistance."

Mitch was regaining his composure as he stood and dusted himself off. Seto and Jerome stopped talking as Mitch turned to look at them, his face held a sour expression on it. He walked over to the four slowly. and when he was just a couple feet away, he stopped.

"Well, you won... And as such, I'll honor my promise, you have my full cooperation with your rescue mission..."

Seto cheered again.

"Sir, you can't go in there, there's a private fight going on--" From the other side of the giant wooden doors they could hear the protests of the guards before the doors were pushed open.

Everyone looked to see the uninvited guest look around the room before spotting them and taking quick strides toward them.

"Who gave you permission to walk in here uninvited," Mitch demanded.

The man, looked familiar to Seto. He realized it was the coachman to the carriage he'd ridden to Emedo with!

"Hey! Don't ignore me--" Mitch was interrupted by the man's voice

"Good afternoon Master Seto" The man greeted kindly

"G-good afternoon to you too...," Seto squeaked, his eyes shifted towards Adam and Jerome. Jerome looked ready to pounce on the man, Adam remained straight-faced. Something that was rare.

"Who are you, and for what are you here for," Adam asked.

"I'm the Vesuvius family's coachman, I am here by king's orders to deliver a message.."

The man turned to look back at Seto. Seto stood motionless as he waited for the man to say something again.

"The king asks that you stand witness for the trial of your mother, Aliss Jane Vesuvius, for the crime of sorcery, five days from now."

~~~~~

Duh! Duh! Duhhhhhhh!

Theories??? Hmmm? Yea?
No? Ok ;-;

Chapter 13 will be out tomorrow.

~WrittenDarkness

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6K 44 23
Mitch Has kicked seto out of team crafted, And he gotten into fight with sky. But now, he's gone. The Team crafted search him and meet other people o...
1.6K 74 12
A Necromancer without a soulmate A Crown Prince plagued with nightmarish visions A Mage unable to let go of the past ** Diya, the Crown Prince's b...
24.4K 1K 37
Ty has always felt a connection the ruins around Astina but that's all it ever felt to him. Just some feeling. His memory problems and supposed dysle...
1.3K 39 25
<><><> THE TRILOGY IS NOW EDITED, SEMI-DECENT, AND COMPLETE! THANK YOU FOR STICKING WITH ME, I LOVE YOU<><><> This is book 3! If you don't know what'...