The Cover Girls (A One Direct...

By MyOwnSelf

Figuring out who you are is never easy. It's a labyrinth, one that you constantly feel alone and lost in. It'... More

Author's Note
Prologue
Chapter 1 - Look Who's Knocking
Chapter 2 - Soapy Bubbles
Chapter 3 - No One Beats The Queen of Dance
Chapter 4 - Collarbones and Cups
Chapter 5 - Not So Sweet Goodbye
Chapter 6 - Here For You
Chapter 7 - It's ALWAYS A Good Time
Chapter 8 - The House Of April
Chapter 9 - Augustus Waters... 'Nuff Said
Chapter 10 - Russia: The Pancake Country
Chapter 11 - Video Diary Week 131
Chapter 12 - Bonding With Nialler
Chapter 13 - Tonight Tonight
Chapter 14 - Sleepyhead
Chapter 15 - Let's Take A Trip
Chapter 16 - Animal House
Chapter 17 - Twinsies
Chapter 18 - Love Is In the Air
Chapter 19 - The One I've Been Waiting For
Chapter 20 - Signed, Sealed, Delivered (I'm Yours)
Chapter 21 - You're Beautiful, It's True
Chapter 23 - This Feels Like Falling In Love
Chapter 24 - Shopping Buddies
Chapter 25 - Messy Twister
Chapter 26 - Harold's Birthday
Chapter 27 - Dancing In the Rain
Chapter 28 - She Finally Sees
Chapter 29 - Don't Leave
VERY IMPORTANT AUTHOR'S NOTE
Chapter 30 - It'll All Be Okay
Chapter 31 - Together
Chapter 32 - A New Beginning
Chapter 33 - The Screams All Sound The Same
Chapter 34 - Stressed, But Snuggled
Chapter 35 - Makin' Bacon
Chapter 36 - The Karaoke Apocalypse (pt. 1)
Chapter 37 - The Karaoke Apocalypse (pt. 2)
Chapter 38 - The Karaoke Apocalypse (pt. 3)
Chapter 39 - The Karaoke Apocalypse (pt. 4)
Chapter 40 - Homesick
Chapter 41 - My Nightingale
Chapter 42 - Correct Assumptions
Chapter 43 - I Seem To Be Struck By You
Chapter 44 - Mixin' It Up
Chapter 45 - V is for Victory
Chapter 46 - Longer Than Five Seconds
Chapter 47 - Sisterly Instinct
Chapter 48 - Ridiculous News
Author's Note 12/6/14

Chapter 22 - Nerdy Nerds

1.9K 50 22
By MyOwnSelf

A/N: Yo everybody! :) What's up?

So, sorry I haven't been updating as much as I thought I would. I keep getting sidetracked by baseball games, or cleaning my room (and most recently, getting the flu).

But anyway, I JUST FINISHED PLANNING OUT THE REST OF THIS STORY! :D And just so you know, there is a TON left, so hold onto your seat, because this ride has a few more loopty loops in store for you :P

Oh, random sidenote, I just got my ears pierced... so yeah. WOO! :P

IN THE COMMENTS BELOW, TELL ME A SILLY STORY OF HOW YOU ONCE INJURED YOURSELF TO GET NEXT CHAPTER'S DEDICATION :P

~Grace xx

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

                                                                   ~April~

“I hope you guys realize that I will never fully forgive you for forcing me to buy high heels.” I commented as we walked out of a prom shoe store, Zayn carrying my new tan peep-toe stilettos that covered my foot up to the ankle but had random geometrical shapes cut out of them.

“Oh, we know.” Harry sighed, wrapping an elbow around mine.

“So, where to next?” I asked. We’d stopped at another store on our way to getting shoes, and the guys made me get a few dressy shirts and two skirts, so I hoped that all the shopping was over with.

“Well, we have some time to kill.” Liam replied, checking the time on his phone, and turning to me. “It’s only 5:30 and we’re not supposed to have you home until 7.”

“Wait.” Zayn said from my left, before summoning the boys to gather in a small huddle. He gave me a look saying to not listen, so I stepped away, examining the speckled floor of the mall.

“I saw this store on our way to Vanity...”

“Kris told me she really likes...”

“We should...”

I caught a few whisps of what they were saying, but couldn’t figure out what they were discussing. A few moments later, though, they pulled away, smiling widely at me.

Niall threw an arm around my shoulder, and the boys started leading us in the opposite direction of where we were going.

“You’ve been a pretty good sport today considering what we put you through...” Zayn trailed off.

“So we’re going to reward you!” Harry exclaimed excitedly.

“With what?” I asked, confused. However, just after I’d spoken, we stopped, right in front of a store.

My eyes widened, and the boys laughed at my expression.

In front of us, was a TOMS store.

Now, TOMS were like the carrot thing with me. I didn’t like them because Louis liked them, and actually, I liked them before One Direction was even a thing. So hmph.

“Kris told me you need some new TOMS because yours are getting old.” Harry said, grinning over at me.

“So pick a few pairs out.” Liam smiled. “We know you want to.”

I nodded frantically, before plunging through the glass doors as they followed behind, laughing.

First I got a pair of black original TOMS like my old ones were; plus, black goes with everything. Then I tried on a red pair and a navy blue pair, asking the boys which they liked more. They exchanged glances, before turning back to me in sync, saying, “Both.”

After that I walked to the wall opposite the original TOMS, that had shoes like the blue ones I always wore. I’d gotten off-brand because I was in love with the style, but I wanted an actual pair. However, I was hesitant, not wanting to get too much, considering the boys had said they were paying.

Niall walked up beside me, sensing my hesitance. “You should get them.” He commented. “They fit your personality.”

“How?” I asked, looking down at my pair that were scratched and dirty.

“They’re sort of a mix of different styles.” He said, and I was slightly surprised at how well-practiced he sounded when talking about shoes. “They look a bit vintage, but modern at the same time. They’re not just one thing; they’re a bunch of things smashed together to create something greater than any of its parts.”

He smiled knowingly, and I met his gaze.

“Are we still talking about  shoes?” I asked, the corner of my mouth twitching up into a smile.

Niall shrugged, beaming widely, showing off his braces, before walking over to the other lads again.

I bit back a smile, feeling my chest fill with happiness. I really did have the best friends in the world

Grabbing the navy blue shoes that resembled the ones I was wearing, I sauntered over to the boys, handing over the pairs of shoes which they paid for before we left the store.

“Where now?” Harry inquired.

“I know.” I said, grabbing his arm in my right hand, and Liam’s arm in the other, Niall and Zayn walking behind us as I led them through the winding hallways of the near-empty mall until I found my favorite store.

“What’s Hot Topic?” Liam asked me when we were about to go in.

I glanced over at Zayn to find him smiling widely.

“I think Zaynie over here knows what it is because he’s more into nerdy things and pop culture then the rest of you.” I said, entwining our elbows. “Why don’t you three sit down while we go in? You’ve been walking for awhile, and I don’t think you’ll have much fun geek shopping with me.”

They agreed, knowing I was right about them being tired. Carrying all the bags we’d gotten, they made their way across the open floor to a few benches outside of a cell phone store.

“Sorry for dragging you into this.” I said to Zayn as I pushed open the door to Hot Topic.

“Are you kidding me?” He replied, smiling. I noticed he had some stubble popping up on his chin. “I love this place.”

I sighed contently, grinning, before glancing around the room, my eyes falling on a Doctor Who display that immediately caught my attention.

I pulled Zayn across the store to where I saw it and examined an 11th Doctor model sonic screwdriver.

“Are you a Whovian?” I asked Zayn, noticing him staring at a Dalek paper weight.

“Definitely.” He chuckled, brown eyes grazing over a Cyberman action figure. “But Harry makes fun of me for it.”

“Psh.” I nudged him in the side. “That’s Harry’s loss, because Doctor Who is one of the greatest shows in the entire world.”

“I know.” Zayn replied with a smirk. “Who’s your favorite Doctor?”

“Tennant.” I said. “I love Matt Smith, but I just think that Tenny was a better Doctor.”

“Agreed.” I high-fived Zayn for that.

“Oh my god.” I gasped.

“What?”

“Look at this.” I pointed to a shirt with every Doctor over the years on it, which led Zayn and I into a conversation about the wonderful creatures from Classic Who episodes.

By the time we had raided the rest of the Doctor Who stuff (I found a bunch more socks like the Dalek ones I’d gotten the day before) and went through the Adventure Time area(which I was slightly surprised to find out Zayn loved as much as I did) and basically the rest of the store, we set our huge pile of stuff on the counter.

I’d talked Zayn into getting a 10th model sonic screwdriver like I was, and he also got a shirt with the TARDIS on it. I got the shirt with all of the Doctors on it, and another shirt with David Tennant that said “Allons-y Alonzo”. We’d gotten a bunch of other things too, like a Nirvana shirt for Zayn, and a “Keep Calm and Call Batman” bracelet that I fell in love with.

“Will this be all?” The cute, pink-haired girl at the counter giggle.

“Just a second.” I said, rushing over to a t-shirt display, grabbing one that I’d had my eye on, and running back over. “Yep, this is all.”

Zayn started laughing when the girl held up my final purchase to fold and bag it with our other stuff.

“What?!” I said with a fake defensive tone, refusing to be embarrassed by the One Direction shirt with a picture of them riding bikes that said “Take Me Home” on it as we walked out of Hot Topic. “Just because I’m friends with you guys does not mean I’m going to stop being a hardcore Directioner fangirl.”

He continued to chuckle at me as we wandered over to the boys who were on their phones.

“It’s time to go.” Liam said, looking up at me. “Although before we leave...”

“Yes?” I inquired, raising an eyebrow. I could tell he knew what he was going to say wouldn’t make me very happy.

“You have to put the dress and shoes on and get ready before we go home.”

“What?! What do I even have to get ready for?!” I exclaimed, but no one answered me as Harry shoved the bags with the clothes at me.

“What about my hair and-” Zayn cut me off, handing me my makeup and hair bag, pushing me in the direction of the mall bathrooms.

“I swear, I will get you back for this.” I mumbled under my breath, trudging towards the lady’s room.

There better be a good explanation for why the girls were keeping me out of the house.

--------------------------------------------------

A/N: Okay, I totally nerded out on this chapter, lol :P I put a song on the sidebar by a Timelord rock group called Chameleon Circuit, that includes two of my favorite people ever, Charlie McDonnell and Alex Day, so check it out! :)

Any other Whovians out there? if you are, comment your favorite doctor :P Mine's Tennant, altough Matt Smith is also very wonderful ;)

~Grace xx

P.S. Remember...

Don't blink.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.9M 32.3K 24
She doesn't know who they are, she doesn't know who he is. All she knows is, fate wants them to meet for the second time.
3.8K 192 42
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer. The problem is I don't know who my friends and enemies are anymore. One direction Fanfic Cupcakerr1...
43.3K 1.4K 69
What started out as a joke in her mind, became any girls fantasy. She never took her mother seriously when she suggested it. Someone like her could n...
11.9K 263 45
That girl who fell in love, she was saved. © 2014 By PayneBear (EVERYTHING WRITTEN MY IDEAS)