In Too Deep

By lesha

Skye's parents were killed and she was put into foster care at the age of 11. Now at the age of 18, she's a... More

A Day In The Hustle
Interviews And Ass Shaking
Trap House
Keyed Cars
Day Off
Payback
First Dates
Drama
Retribution
Street Wars
Apologize
Close Call
Surprises Part One
Surprises Part Two
The Z Affect
Warnings
New Club
Third Date
Funny Acting Hoes
Gulity Conscience
This Bitch
Head In The Game
A Blind Date
Street Wars & Plans
Proclamation of Love (Part 1)
Proclamation of Love (Part 2)
Another Day
A Mission for Information
A Story (Part 1)
Story (Part 2)
A Who?
The Question
Moving Day
A Single Shot
Jealously is Bad For Your Health
A New Beacon of Information
I Wanna Sex You, Baby
A Score To Settle
Dress Shopping
bonus chapter
The Kingpin (Part 1)
The Kingpin (Part 2)
The Bunny
A Tour of Our Empire
Matching Tattoos & Dates
Ride or Die Chick
Running Errands
A Request
The Truth
Chill
Bang Bang
A Few Days
Birthday Wishes (Part 1)
Birthday Wishes (Part 2)
Prepared (Part 1)
Prepared (Part 2)
Pain
Awakening
A Visit, A Dinner, & A Confession
The Truth
Bound & Gagged
Search & Destory
bonus chapter
A New Break
Scars
Finding Them (Part 1)
Finding Them (Part Two)
Wars
Epilogue

Heaven

2.6K 156 12
By lesha

Don't forget to check out Every Shade. This chapter is really short and from a mystical near death experience kind of thing.

Irdk what in the hell I TRIED to do with this chapter...but I failed..so please forgive me with this one. Show some love as well. I did try, it just didn't turn out right.

Heaven

Skye

My eyes were trying to adjust to the bright white clouds surrounding me. I was floating and I could see golden gates.

Where was I? Was I dead? My feet touched the soft spongy substances that felt like clouds against my toes. I looked around, slowly walking towards the gates.

Like something was calling me towards them. I reached the gates and the man hovering in front of them looked up at me.

"Skylander. Welcome." He said, his voice soft and sweet like a child's. He was flying, the white wings on his back beating against the current of the winds that I couldn't feel. His skin was a smooth cinnamon color and his hair was unruly and jet black.

"Am I dead?" I whispered.

My life flashed before my eyes, pausing at the months I spent with Zayne. Her kisses, tender touch, and the passionate love making. The love that burned in her eyes when she saw. I couldn't leave Zayne.

"No, you're not dead. You're just here for a visit." He replied, smiling a blindingly white smile.

The gate opened slowly and I almost screamed when I saw who was waiting for me. I ran towards them, tears flowing freely.

My mother stood, her hair a wild mess and a beautiful white gown adored her body. I hit her full force and laid against her shoulder, my tears soaking her dress.

"My God, you grew up to be absolutely beautiful." She said, her hand brushing away the curls from my face. "Oh stop being a big ole crybaby."

I laughed and looked over her shoulder to the tall man who resembled my dad before he was on drugs. I didn't know whether to hug him or scream that I hated him.

He didn't give me time to decide. Instead he pulled me into him for a tight hug.

"Skye Skye, I'm so sorry. I never meant for you to live like this." He whispered, pulling me in for another tight hug and a gentle kiss on the forehead.

I didn't know what to say. My mother stood next to him and they locked hands. I was confused.

"Y-you forgive him?" I whispered, "But he took you away from me!"

"I know but that's the way God played the cards sweetie. I cannot fix that. Nobody can change that. That was our fate, our destiny." My mother said.

"Come on, Skye Skye. We only have so much time left." My father said, elongating his arms and reaching for my hand.

I didn't know what else to do so I took his hand in mine and we walked away with my mother smiling at us.

"A happy family again." She said.

"What am I doing here?" I said.

"You have to find the will to wake up." My dad said.

"How's life?" My mother asked.

"It sucks without you here." I whispered.

"But aren't you in love?" She asked again.

"I am. But it'd be so much better if you were there to meet her in person." I said.

She smiled sadly, "I know."

Suddenly, the clouds disappeared and everything was morphing. Suddenly, looking a lot like the old living room in the ran down apartment.

My mom sat on the couch next to me, the TV had one of our favorite blurry bootlegs and a bowl of Frito's and ice cream sat in my lap.

My dad sat across the room at the table. He watched us. The look in his eyes, it smoldered with saddness. With regret. The look was fiery and intense, I had to look away before I got caught up in them and forgave him.

I felt my mother's hand snake up to my hair, massage my scalp. She smiled at me, but it wasn't like the smiles before. Her eyes twinkled with happiness. A happiness she didn't have before.

"Before you can leave, you have to forgive your father." My mother told me, her hair rubbing my face as she cuddled my body into her small one.

We were the same size now. We looked identical to each other. Like we were twins or something.

Her hair was still long and unruly, beautiful curls that sprung wildly. Her eyes were chocolate brown like mine. I couldn't help but holding my breathe in when I saw her.

"I miss you." I whispered to her.

"I know." She said.

"I missed you too Skylander." My father said, his body appearing next to us.

His hand swiped away a couple of tears that I hadn't realized had fallen. I flinched away from him; the memories of him and my mother fighting come back. The memories of him banging on the door so hard it shook and vibrated throughout the whole apartment.

If he had gotten in, what would he have done? Could I forgive for taking my mother away?

"Skylander, come let's take a walk." He said, his voice was gentle like before he got addicted.

But I was afraid. I was angry. I was upset with him.

"Go." My mother instructed.

"No. I have to see you. I have to stay with you and tell you about my life! The pain he caused. I have-" I screamed but she cut me off.

"No. You need to forgive your father and listen to him so you can forgive everyone who hurt you and love Zayne properly." She said at me, her voice calm but assertive. She was staring at me like I had no choice and I guess she was right with the no choice thing.

I stood and my father reached for my hand. I instinctively took a step away from him and he lowered his hand and his head.

I couldn't believe this. My mom was telling me to forgive the man who stole her away from me.

"Skylander, you have to understand. This wasn't my fault." He said, "I'll show you."

Suddenly, I was back at the old apartment but I could see my mother and father in the living room. They were fighting..as always.

"You don't care! That's the problem! You don't care about anyone but yourself!" My mother screamed to the burly man in front of her.

"I do care, Skylar! Stop telling me I don't! You & Skylander are my life!" He screamed back at her. "I want to fix my life for my daughter and for the love of my life. Just give me the chance."

She didn't say anything in response but a quick knock on the door ended the awkward silence that had began to fill the room. My mother peeped through the peephole and frowned.

"Why is Mr. Higgins here?" She said, and pulled open the door.

Mr. Higgins fell to his knees inside the apartment and three men followed him. None of them I recognized but I'd remember their faces for as long as I lived.

They began to ransack the house but nothing was found. We never did own anything of true value.

"Where is your money?" The darkest one screamed at her.

"I don't have any." My mother said, her voice refusing to waver.

"Shit, you got some pussy so that'll have to do." He said and grabbed her hair.

"No, don't touch her!" My father screamed as he tackled the man.

A bullet whizzed and embedded itself into his skull. My mother screamed. It was a heartbroken scream and she began sobbing over my dad's body. I felt her pain, somehow. My chest ached.

It wasn't my father's fault. I had blamed him all these years and he didn't have anything to do with it.

I watched as the bullet killed my parents. I felt sick. I felt dizzy. I felt weak.

"Skye, I'm sorry I wasn't there." My father said, opening his arms. "I'm sorry for everything I ever done. Because it wasn't enough. I was supposed to be there for my babygirl and I wasn't."

Eoc..this was a terrible chapter. Sorry guys. Anyways, don't forget to vote and comment.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

52.3K 1.1K 35
Mackenzie was born a rider ever since her father Big Daddy used to run the game. but then Big daddy got shot and left her with her older brother BJ...
486K 13.6K 31
19 year old Averi was a very quiet college student.she only payed attention to her work and her job and that's it. But what happens when she runs int...
18.4K 534 31
This story is about a girl name Essence Who Falls For a Boy Name Carter but the streets known him as Shakey. But is it Love or lust? Essence is 17 a...
632K 19.7K 35
Meet Milyon Washington. She's currently 18 and a senior in high school. Milyon don't have nobody but her cousin Quinton aka Quinn who's very known in...