meghan trainor oneshots // m.t

By supesinactiveforevs

[ meghan trainor fanfiction ] "life is infinitely stranger than anything the mind could invent" // meghan t... More

Stay Strong
0.1 • Dear Meghan Trainor
0.2 • The Morning After The Night Before
0.3 • That's some type of love
0.4 • I wanna show you something (Pt.1)
0.5 • I wanna show you something (Pt. 2)
0.6 • A Thousand Words
0.7 • If You Wanna Be My Lover
0.8 • The Album
0.9 • Let me in
1.0 • Black Eyes and Broken Hearts
1.1 • The whole goddamn album
1.2 • More than you'll ever know
1.3 • Amnesia (Pt. 1)
1.4 • Amnesia (Pt. 2)
1.5 • 24 Hours
1.6 • Different
1.7 • One Call Away
1.9 • I'm okay
2.0 • Let's Marvin Gaye and get it on
2.1 • Freckled Skies
2.2 • Vegas
2.3 • Goodbye (Pt.1)
2.4 • Goodbye (Pt. 2)
2.5 • Magazine
2.6 • Positvely Positive
2.7 • Dear Heart
2.8 • Idiot
2.9 • AMA Aftermath
3.0 • Engagement Rings
3.1 • One Night Stand
3.2 • Break Me (Pt. 1)
3.3 • Break Me (Pt. 2)
3.4 • Insane
3.5 • Kid In Love
3.6 • Nothing Good Happens After 2 A.M
3.7 • Scars
3.8 • When You Fall
3.9 • Jealous
4.0 • Jerk
4.1 • Cliche (Pt. 1)
4.2 • Cliche (Pt. 2)
4.3 • Cliche (Pt. 3)
4.4 • Wedding Bells
4.5 • Hotshot
4.6 • Us
4.7 • All of Me
4.8 • Soulmate
Heads or Tails
4.9 • Drunk
5.0 • Shmeghama
5.1 • Be Mine
5.2 • Actions Speak Louder Than Words
5.3 • Poet
5.4 • Freckled Skies (Re-Draft)
5.5 • Do You Remember?
5.6 • Stay
5.7 • Lost Boy
5.8 • Missing You
5.9 • Roses
6.0 • Las Vegas Penthouse
6.1 • Happy Birthday
6.2 • Bae
6.3 • Must Be Love
6.4 • Our Story
6.5 • Nice Guy
6.6 • Dear Dad
6.7 • I Don't Dance
Thank You
6.8 Twenty-Four Hours [ Redraft ]
upload
important authors note
6.9 • One Night Stand (Pt. 1)
7.0 • Hate (Little Things)

1.8 • FireFly

739 28 7
By supesinactiveforevs

Note : Flashbacks in italics.

5 months. 5 months of nobody knowing. Not a soul. Not anyone in my family, not anyone in his. 5 months of just us. Pure us. How we managed it? No idea. But we did it. 5 whole months. We were announcing it tonight, one of Charlie's shows. The word will spread like wildfire. One spark arises and suddenly it's a full flame, engulfing anything and everything in it's path.

Paparazzi. Fans. Interviews. Repeat.

I can't quite believe that me and Charlie Puth got together in the first place. It took us long enough, 18 months of us being friends, both in love with the other, neither courageous enough to admit it. How cliche. But, we did it. Well, he did it. And damn, did he do it well :

I arrived home. An empty house. Totally empty. Or so I thought. Charlie was in the kitchen, ready to scare the shit out of me apparently. He didn't mean to, it just happened like that. I set down my shades and my coat, scurried upstairs to change into a zebra onesie. Once I did that, I realized how hungry i was. Too hungry. With this newly discovered fact fresh in my mind I thought, 'Hey, I have that leftover Chinese takeout in the fridge'. Which, granted, would've been a great idea, had Charlie Puth not been waiting for me in the kitchen. Which, if you're slow, he was.

Chinese takeout still clear in mind I lugged myself downstairs, ready to just chill in my room, alone. Oh, the luxury life of a pop star!

I made my way into the open plan living/kitchen area and screamed when I saw a man, hunched over my breakfast bar. He jolted upwards quickly. "Hmm, wha? What's going on?!"

"Charlie!" I said relieved I knew him. "You scared me!"

"Sorry." He muttered and avoided eye-contact. He didn't scare me to the point I was angry at him, just worried that my heart was beating that fast it may stop.

"Hey," I spoke, placing a comforting arm on his shoulder, "It's fine. You just frightened me, that's all. I'm not mad Char Char."

"Oh." He managed and chuckled. At this point, hand still over my heart, protecting it somehow, I don't know, I burst out laughing. And Charlie joined, and we stood there, just laughing for a good 30 minutes. We must have looked mentally insane.

When we finally stopped laughing, some half hour later, we were left gasping for breath, the lack of oxygen catching up with us only now. "I haven't laughed like that in..." Charlie trailed off and began to think, "Too long." He said eventually.

"I second that." I grinned, "Wine?" I offered.

"Shots?" He smirked mischievously.

"Bar?"

"I think we're dropping verbs." Charlie said laughing.

"Yeah, so we're going to a bar and drinking shots and getting pissed out of our minds?" I said finally, doubtful. Thankfully, Charlie saw sense.

"You know what? I think wine's good."

"White or red?" I smirked.

"Whatever." He shrugged. He seemed anxious. Why? I couldn't tell you, not in that moment. But if you'd of asked me two minutes later, I would have a precise answer as to why. I opened up the cupboard I kept the wine glasses in, and Charlie's breath hitched. I glanced over at him suspiciously and saw he was holding his breath. How strange. I turned my head and there, written across four wine glasses, in black, white, and sparkly-silver gel, was 'BE - MY - GIRLFRIEND - ?'. Now, my breath hitched. Tears welled in my eyes and I turned to Charlie, my best-friend, and hugged him, soaking his flannel shirt with tears.

"I'm s-sorry." I mumbled shamefully, weird, I don't normally cry...

"No, I'm sorry." He countered, smiling sadly at me. I realized why he was apologizing...

"Not about that you muppet!" I laughed, "I'm sorry for soaking your shirt."

"Right, and would you please enlighten me on where you stand with the whole girlfriend thing?" He asked me, his auburn eyes sparkling in the sliver of moonlight creeping in from the window.

"Hmm..." I fake thought about it and Charlie's beautiful brown eyes glazed with worry. Despite the fact I had my hands wrapped around his neck, and we were rather intimately close, he was still worried. Cute. Then, I kissed him. And it felt so, so good. So good. That was the moment that Charlie Puth became mine.

Okay, maybe not that well. It mattered to me, and it's clear to me, that's all that really matters isn't it? My phone buzzed and a cover that me and Emmy did together a while ago sounded throughout the house. Charlie came up behind me, wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me closer to him, and rested my head on my shoulder. "Who's calling?" He asked me.

"Emmy." I smiled, pressing answer and pressing the phone to my ear. "Hey Em."

"Hey, so, I just wanted to give you warning, I'm coming over to your place."

"Um, okay? Why?" I could practically feel her shrug.

"Because."

"See you soon then." I hung up the phone and laughed at my best friend. "Char, babe, you gotta go."

He rolled his eyes, "I love you too."

"You know I love you." I winked. "And you love me because I'm just too irresistible."

"Well that's true..." He smirked, kissing my neck. I squirmed.

"Char, not now. Tonight... that's a different story..." I giggled. His eyes glinted with mischief. I giggled. "OK. I love you." I dragged out the 'you'. "But you gotta go. Like now."

He rolled his eyes again, how rude, "Yeah, yeah. I know. See you later?" I asked, smirking.

I nodded, "You know it," then winked. We shared one last kiss before Charlie and I parted ways. No more than two minutes later, and Emmy had let herself in.
"Ever heard of knocking?" I chuckled with a shake of the head.

"Knocking?!" She mocked shock, "Never heard of the word!" We laughed. When it got to 6 I knew I had to go.

"I gotta leave," I spoke, lightly smiling.

"Why?"

"I can't say, you'll find out later." I shrugged it off. She got a little angry when I didn't tell her things. Just a little. So, she stormed out. We'll be friends tomorrow, I bet 100 bucks.

I arrived at the venue and wandered the halls aimlessly until I found the door that read : 'Charlie Puth' on the laminated paper blu-tacked to the wall. (A/N : I dunno if you have blu-tack in America, but if you don't, go with it. Thanks). I knocked gently on the door and heard a muffled 'come in'.

"Hey Char." I greeted, kissing him.

"Hey." He grinned back. "I love you."

I chuckled, "That, I know." He blushed.

When it got to the show, Charlie got through almost all his set into the slot where 'One Call Away' usually was. Here, was where we would sing our song. Well, Ed Sheeran's song, but you get the gist. Only Char's band knew what was happening. He started to sing.

"I fell in love next to you

Burning fires in this room
It just fits
Light and smooth
Like my feet in my shoes
Little one, lie with me
Sew your heart to my sleeve
We'll stay quiet
Underneath shooting stars
If it helps you sleep

And hold me tight
Don't let me breathe
Feeling like
You won't believe."

I was almost resolved to tears, already. Get it together, Meghan. What helped, was the confused and panicked looks on all of the crew's faces.

"There's a firefly

Loose tonight
Better catch it
Before it burns this place down
And I lie
If I don't feel so right
But the world looks better
Through your eyes."

He sung this twice, even the crowd looked confused. I couldn't help but laugh.

"Teach my skin
Those new tricks
Warm me up
With your lips
Heart to heart
Melt me down
It's too cold
In this town
Close your eyes
Lean on me
Face to mouth
Lips to cheek
Feeling numb
In my feet
You're the one
To help me get to sleep

And hold me tight
Don't let me breathe
Feeling like
You won't believe."

Now it's the chorus again. My cue to emerge from the side of the stage. Mike in sweaty hands, I stepped out and sung with Charlie. My boyfriend.

"There's a firefly

Loose tonight
Better catch it
Before it burns this place down
And I lie
If I don't feel so right
But the world looks better
Through your eyes

It's only been
One night of love
And maybe
That is not enough

Hold me tight
Don't let me breathe
Feeling like
You won't believe

It's only been
One night of love
And maybe
That is not enough

Hold me tight
Don't let me breathe
Feeling like
You won't believe."

(Key = Charlie - C, Meghan - M, Together - T)

C - "There's a firefly loose tonight,"

M - "Better catch it
Before it burns this place down,"

C - "And I lie,"

T - "If I don't feel so right
But the world looks better
Through your eyes."

Cheers and screams could be heard throughout the small audience. It was real. Marlie is real.

"Thank you, thank you." Charlie hushed the crowd, which surprisingly, went silent. "I would like to thank Ms Meghan Trainor, for being my FireFly."

A/N : This started out as something else but it turned into this. Okay then.

Love y'all!
~Faye x

Side Note : The song is called 'FireFly' by Ed Sheeran, go listen to it! XD

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

52.2K 1.3K 55
❝I loved you dangerously..❞ [CHARLIE PUTH] [REAL LIFE AND SOCIAL MEDIA] [WARNING : MATURE DIALOGUE] A Charlie Puth fanfiction. @Puthinator-Write...
6.3K 315 19
Meghan Trainor and Charlie Puth. Who knew, right? Meghan is a single, but famous, girl, and Charlie is a hot stranger who showed up out of nowhere. M...
613 24 22
What if you had a sister but no one ever told you so you found her yourself (FYI this is first Wattpad story so be where the grammar is probably awfu...
45.9K 2.5K 166
Yep, I'm insane and have decided to write a one shot for each day of 2022 :) wish me luck.