Adopted.. By Who? [One Direct...

By TearingMeApart

Picture this; A mom, dad, daughter and a son. The perfect family. The live in a small blue house on the corne... More

Chapter 1: Alone.
Chapter 2: Meeting
Chapter 3: Shopping.
Chapter 4: Interviewer Lady Person Thingy Cat Dog Fish Gerbil Hamster..
Chapter 5: Twitter addiction? Yes.
Chapter 6: I could be sleeping. But no.
Chapter 7: Don't. Wake. Me. Up.
Chapter 8: Sleepover. Kinda?
Chapter 9: Fake friends.
Chapter 10: It's the Ghost of Abraham Lincoln I swear.
Chapter 11: Teach Me Your Ways.
Chapter 12: Mary Had A Little Lamb
Chapter 13: I feel so alone.
Chapter 14: He's Broken.
Chapter 15: That was my heart breaking.
Chapter 16: I just want my Sophie back.
Chapter 17: Just You And Me.
Chapter 18: Gone.
Chapter 19: Happy Birthday
Chapter 20: Shh.
Chapter 21: Mute.
Chapter 22: This Is Not Sophie Tomlinson.
Chapter 24: Normal.
Chapter 25: Interesting.
Chapter 26: What.
Chapter 27: Not Sorry.
Chapter 28: We're not even related.

Chapter 23: Smiling again.

29.1K 891 88
By TearingMeApart

Sophie’s POV

SMASH!

That sounds like a broken plate hitting the floor. I look up from my laptop and set it on my bed to go investigate. Luke probably broke another plate when he was trying to make himself lunch. I get off my bed and walk towards the kitchen. Sure enough there Luke was trying to pick up the pieces of broken glass.

“I can explain.” He says.

I gesture with my hand for him to continue.

“You see I was just minding my own business making myself a sandwich when all of  the sudden this plate comes fly out from under my sandwich and hits the floor, crazy I know.” Luke tells me.

I roll my eyes and walk back to my room. Luke and I have spent a lot more time together lately. The boys are never home because they’re doing a concert, or signing, or some famous person thing. Niall and Liam are the only two that have talked to me. Zayn and Harry just make gestures towards me and Louis doesn’t even acknowledge my existence. That just makes my theory of them being forced to take me back even stronger.

I’ve researched more and more about being mute and in my case there is a chance I could gain my voice back again. No one has said anything about Anna. After the day I got back here the only thing I heard is they are not going to have a funeral for her because only Luke and I knew her. It makes my heartbreak thinking Anna isn’t going to be sent off in the proper way but no one listens to a girl who can’t talk.

Louis signed me up for sign language classes every Monday and Wednesday after I finish school. I hate to think that’s the only way I could ever speak to people again. If things were normal I would probably going to Mabel’s Academy for girls again with Laykin, but it’s not. The boys thought it was a good idea for me right now to take online classes. So that’s what I do. 6 hours a day. It’s not that lonely though. Luke takes the classes with me.

He always starts his classes later than me though because he refuses to wake up in the morning. The other boys talk to him though, I think they think of him as a little brother. Which is cool with me, I need my “family” to like my best friend. I check the clock 2:30, I started my classes around eight a.m. so I should be done 3:30-4. The only good thing about this whole situation is I get to go to school in my pajamas and eat whenever I want and pee and poop whenever I want.

            It still really hurts that Louis, my dad, won’t talk to me. I’m tempted to go talk to him myself, or I guess go write to him myself. Louis is going to take the sign language classes with me because one of my guardians has to learn sign language also. I really wanted to Luke to take the classes with me but I’m afraid to ask. I begin to work more on my schoolwork when someone comes into my room. I look up to see Louis standing in the threshold of my doorway.

“Uh, hi.” He says awkwardly.

I nod my head in acknowledgment.

He walks over and sits down on the edge of my bed.

“We’re going to need to leave for the sign language classes in 20 minutes.” He tells me.

I nod my head again.

“Sophie I have a lot of explaining to do.” He says seriously.

I grabbed my laptop and opened Microsoft Word. I typed: I know. I flip around the screen to show him.

“I know everyone has told you it wasn’t my choice to give you away and that’s true. I didn’t want to give you away Sophie, I didn’t have a choice. I know I should have fought more for you but I was in shock. I didn’t think they’d actually take you away. It’s stupid I know. I tried everything to get you back and now that you’re back I don’t know what to do.” He says chuckling at the last part.

I get off my bed and walk over and hug Louis. I miss have someone to hug and talk to. Well I can’t talk but ugh nevermind.

“We better get going.” Louis tells me.

I get off my bed and motion for Louis to leave my room.

“Why?” He asks.

I point to my clothes which are pajamas.

“Oh right. Hurry though.” He says.

I walk into my closet looking for something decent to wear. Though it didn’t matter, my hair was still this extremely ugly color that I can’t stand. It looks like pooh. Not Winnie The Pooh. P O O P.

            Most of my bedroom hasn’t changed. My walls are still the same color, my bed’s in the same place, my laptop hasn’t been touched and my phone still lies the same place where I left it months ago. That’s right, my phone. I walk over to my bedside table where I find my phone sitting right where I left it. I turn it on and when I am greeted by many messages.

Laykin: Where were you at school today?

Laykin: Soooooopphhh?

Laykin: SOPHIA TOMLINSON

Laykin: HELLO?!?

Laykin: Answer your phone bb!

-

Laykin; You haven’t been at school all week, whats up???

Laykin: R u ignoring me? :(

Laykin: I’m calling Louis.

-

Laykin: I’m sorry.

-

            So Laykin doesn’t know I’m back? I would call her but I can’t speak to her. I begin to compose a message to Laykin. Hey, I have a lot of explaining to do. But I can’t really talk to you about it. I guess that won’t make sense know but it will later. :/ I really need to “talk” to you. Can I come over at like 6? I press send and pray to god she didn’t get her phone number changed. I look at the time 3:45, crap I’m suppose to be there at four. I run over to my closet and throw on a t-shirt and shorts. Of course I’m wearing my black high top converse.

            I walk out of my bedroom and into the living room where Louis is sitting on the couch with his phone in one hand and car keys in another. I assume he was waiting for me. Since I can’t really tell him I’m ready I walk over and wave my hand in his face.

“I guess that’s a signal for ready to go?” He says standing up.

 I nod my head and we walk out to the car. 

---

Ugh. I miss the old Sophie, not the depressed one! I'm trying to bring her back but not too soon you know? 

Guess who's on summer break? Me! Which means my new story, 50 Ways To Die will be starting!

Which also means adopted by who will be ending in two-three chapters.

Have a nice weekend! Or Summer. :)

~c~

oops i voted for my own story. looosseeerrr

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

351K 7.5K 34
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
38.3K 977 28
https://m.shubaow.net/259/259461/ Author: I don't know Category: BL doujin Release time: 2022-08-25 Latest: Chapter 95 Extra Story 1 BL finished 370...
258K 6.2K 35
"That better not be a sticky fingers poster." "And if it is ." "I think I'm the luckiest bloke at Hartley." Heartbreak High season 1-2 Spider x oc
4.3K 78 19
Millie is adopted by Harry Styles and Louis tomlinson. As she gets used to her new family she struggles with what happend in her past. Trigger warnin...