Chapter 15: That was my heart breaking.

Sophie’s POV

---

I hate them.

I sit in the corner of my “room” staring at the wall.

Apparently, when I left the Orphanage had burned down so now we’re at this location that is suppose to substitute. But it’s much worst, instead of the comfy beds we have mattresses with springs that stick out, sheets that look as if someone peed all over them and no more uniforms anymore, we have t-shirts and basketball shorts. We look homeless.

I could have brought some clothes and electronics from their house but I didn’t take anything from them. I threw away my clothes I was wearing on Monday. I can’t believe I trusted them. They’re famous; they don’t have time for kids like me. Poor kids. They only care for the rich and famous.

I make lists in my head of reasons why the gave me away. Here’s what I got so far, 1. I’m not pretty. 2. I was to fat. 3. To needy. 4. Way to dramatic. 5. They don’t love me. I have number 2 under control, if I don’t eat how can I become fat?

“Sophie. Dinner’s ready.” Lennox calls.

I look up at her. Lennox is the oldest girl here at the Orphanage; she’s 15, I don’t know when she got here or why she’s here. She has blonde wavy hair that falls down her back and ends at her bum, she’s got blue eyes to die for and she’s an amazing singer but she’ll never let anyone hear her.

“I’m not hungry.” I say.

The same lame excuse I’ve been using.

“Don’t lie to me Sophie.” Lennox says placing some sort of meat in front of me.

“I’m serious, I had a big lunch!” I lie.

“Did not, you had a piece of toast.” She says.

“Just go please.” I beg.

“Alright, but when I come back I want that meat eaten.” She tells me getting up from her spot.

She walks out of my room and I grab the meat and shove it under the mattress. I walk over to the mirror in the corner and look at it. I’m use to seeing Sophie Tomlinson, the girl with the straight brown hair and smiles a lot. But this girl I see is different. She has the same brown hair but in her face it’s so different, she’s broken. There is no longer that smile or laughter in her voice as she speaks. I still look in the mirror and I see my past. I don’t want to see her anymore.

I walk downstairs and towards the wash room. All of the kids are sitting in the dining room, which is a place where we sit in a circle with plates in our laps. I open the wash room door and grab the bleach off the floor. I run towards the outside patio and pour the bleach into a bucket. I take a small piece of my hair and dip it into the bleach. I hold it there for 60 seconds. I take the piece out and it’s a sort of white blonde color. I take a bigger chunk of hair and dip it in the bleach and hold it there for about 5 minutes and I take it out and it’s the same white-blonde results. I take the rest of my hair and do the same until I get the white-blonde again. I pour the remaining bleach back into the container. I pick up the container and carry it back to the washroom setting it back on the floor where I found it.