Chapter 21: Mute.

Sophie’s POV

*RECAP*

I walk out the door and start to begin my run when I crash into someone.

“Uh, sorry.” I say trying to get away from the person.

“Sophie?” The person says.

I look up to meet the eyes of a person I didn’t want to see.

Eleanor Calder.

*RECAP OVER*

I need to get away.

I push away from Eleanor, the woman I use to think as a mother.

“SOHPIE WAIT! IT WAS A MISSUNDERSTANDING LOUIS LOVES YOU!” She yells as I sprint away.

No, he gave me away. He doesn’t love me.

I hear Eleanor’s calls in the distance and the sirens of police. Crap, I usually get away before the police arrive.

“LUKE! ANNA! RUN!” I yell as I approach their hiding spot.

I’m still a quite a few meters away when they begin running. I can hear the police cars swarming. This can’t be happening. Luke comes out of the hiding spot first running like a maniac while Anna appears behind him. I’m sprinting towards Anna when she turns right instead of left where Luke went.

“ANNA WRONG WAY!” I yell.

“LUKE!” I yell while the police cars come nearer to me.

I tear my gaze from Luke who is now coming in my direction just to see Anna confused in the street.

“ANNA GET OUT OF THE STREET!” I scream.

Anna looks at me and begins to race over to me.

“ANNA WATCH OUT!” Luke yells appearing by my side.

But she didn’t hear him. Right in front of my eyes I see Anna, my baby girl, my little sister, the sweetest five year old I ever knew, get hit by a car.

“ANNA!” I screech trying to rush to her.

Luke pulls me back as I struggle to get to her. The police cars swarm us. I’m looking around at everything but it’s in slow motion, I can’t hear anyone. The police officers move in closer as I move closer to Luke.

The ambulance appears in the background taking Anna away. I struggle my way trying to get to Anna. The police officer grabs my arm. Which only makes Luke angry.