I Lived {Girl Meets World}(Di...

By Creativity77

"...I, I did it all I, I did it all I owned every second that this world could give I saw so many places, the... More

1: I Have Cancer
2: Calling Maya
3: Telling the Class
4: Complicated
5: The Bucket List
6: Reading the Bucket List
7: Teens Sing
8: Take On the World
9: Drawing
10: Drawing Takes Practice
11: Cheery Clothes
12: Missy the Bully
13: Pretending to Be Sick
15: Don't Tell Them
16: Geralyn (Survivor)
17: Making Pizza
18: Telling Cory and Topanga
19: Pizza Aftermath
20: Maya's House
21: Learning a Song
A/N: Updating Schedule and Music GMW Edits
A/N: Sorry for the delay
22: Love Story
23: Morning Argument
24: I Had a Bad Dream
25: Telling the Class Again
A/N: Thank you!!!
26: Riley's Song (Something More)
27: Away from the Sun
A/N: My Spelling Bee Story
28: Good Comebacks Save Lives
A/N: Leap Day
29: Missy Knows
30: Are You Taking Her?
A/N: I'm Back!/Thanks for 3,000+ votes in total!
31: The Scavenger Hunt
A/N: The Flu
32: Life of the Party
A/N: 2-Year Anniversary
A/N: I Am So Sorry...
33: Bunnies
34: Winning a Vacation Through COOL Radio
35: We're Going to Europe!
36: COOL Radio Headquarters
A/N: 200 Followers!+My School Field Trip
37: Coming Out to Cory
38: To the Airport!
A/N: My Graduation Story
A/N: Going on Vacation
39: Finally in Spain!
A/N: Ask Creativity77
40: You Saved My Life!
41: Let Me Be Myself
42: Ride
A/N: Lyric Videos
43: On Top of the World
44: Rescue Me
A/N: I'm Going On Vacation Again
45: If I Lose Myself
A/N: School...
46: Geronimo
47: Live Like We're Dying

14: Text Messages

236 7 0
By Creativity77

Chapter Fourteen
Maya Hart

I stared down at the touch screen of Riley's phone in disbelief as I scrolled through all of the text messages. Riley didn't have the number labeled as Missy; all it said was her phone number at the top of the conversation. You wanna know how I know that Missy had sent all of these texts to Riley? Because who else would have the nerve to call Riley stupid, worthless, weak, pathetic, a loser, and so many other names that I refuse to say? Who else would be cruel enough to say all of those lies about someone as kind, sweet, and caring as Riley? Who else would be cold-hearted enough to bully a girl as lovable as her?

I felt an upset feeling in my stomach. I felt as if I was going to throw up because I was so upset. All of Missy's texts to Riley were demeaning, but the one that she had just recently sent her was the one that angered me the most.

"Congrats! It has been months since you have been diagnosed with cancer and you still haven't been feeling any of the symptoms! Good for you! Or are you just too ashamed to show that you are in pain so you cover it up with your horrifying smile? Pain is nothing to be ashamed about, Riley! I would love to see you in it. You, of all people, deserve to feel pain. A person as stupid, dumb, pathetic, and worthless as you doesn't deserve to be happy or live the wonderful life that you live. Say, why don't you make things easier and just kill yourself? It would be a huge favor for me and the cells that decided to mutate in your body because even though they are apart of you, they knew as well as I that someone as annoying as you has no right to live or be happy," the text read.

I just couldn't believe it. Riley told me that this would happen, but I didn't believe her. As mean as Missy is, I truly did not think that she would have the guts to bully Riley. I mean, with an over-protective friend like me, everyone should be afraid to even give Riley something as little as a nasty look! I felt horrible. Riley warned be about this, but I didn't listen. If it weren't for me, none of this bullying stuff might not even be happening.

      "I can't believe this...," I began, shocked, as I looked up from Riley's phone and into my her, "How could you not tell me about this?"

"B-because I-I c-couldn't," Riley choked out, tears forming in her eyes.

Seeing Riley upset made me even more upset. Tears started to form in my eyes as well.

"Why couldn't you?" I asked.

"I-I c-can't t-tell y-you!" Riley choked out.

I sat down right next to Riley right next to her. I hugged her and began to stroke her brown hair.

    "Riley, I'm your best friend and I care about you," I began, "Please tell me why you couldn't tell me that Missy is bullying you. You can trust me."

    That's when Riley broke down. She let out a loud sob and grabbed onto me, hugging me tightly.

    I just continued to stroke her hair. "Shh, it's ok," I cooed.

    "Sh-she s-said th-that i-if I-I t-told a-anyone, th-that sh-she w-would b-beat m-me u-up s-so b-badly th-that th-the d-doctors w-wouldn't kn-know wh-where to st-stitch m-my l-legs b-back o-onto," Riley stammered in between loud sobs.

    I just hugged Riley tighter. "Don't worry; I won't let Missy hurt you! She would have to go through me first before she could ever lay a finger on my Riley!"

    Riley sniffled, then wiped away a tear. "Th-thanks."

    "And besides, you technically didn't tell me. She just happened to send you a hurtful text while I was around and I just happened to get to your phone faster than you could."

    "True."

    "But man, I can't believe that you were actually right about Missy, Riley. I'm so sorry that I didn't listen to you. I should have listened."

    "I-it's ok M-Maya; you d-didn't know."

    "No, it's not ok! I feel like that if I would have never persuaded you to wear cheery clothes and not hide that you were happy again, Missy wouldn't be bullying you right now!"

    Riley held me by my shoulders and looked at me right in the eyes. "Maya, look at me. You did nothing wrong. Missy is the one who's bullying me, not you. And besides, you were only trying to help me. You didn't know that my assumptions were going to be correct."

    "But, that is when Missy started bullying you, right? She started as soon as you started wearing bright clothes and acting all cheery again, didn't she?"

    Riley sighed and nodded, a few tears streaming down her face.

    I let out a cry and then hugged Riley again. She hugged me back and let it all out.

    "I-I'm s-so s-sorry, R-Riley!" I apologized, sobbing.

    "S-sorry f-for wh-what?" Riley asked, "Like I-I said, y-you did n-nothing w-wrong."

    "No, it's just that I feel so terrible for you! You don't deserve to get cancer! You don't deserve to get bullied! Ignore what Missy says, Riley! You are the sweetest, most-caring person that I know! You do deserve to be happy! You do deserve to have this wonderful life that you live! You don't deserve to be miserable or depressed at all! You don't deserve to have a bad life!"

    "That's what the text from Missy said, huh? She said that I didn't deserve to be happy or deserve to have a good life, and that I deserve to miserable and have a bad life instead, didn't she?"

    I nodded slowly. "Something along the lines of that."

    Riley just sighed. "That's what she's been telling me for the past two months."

    "Two months?!?! She's been bullying you for that long!"

    Riley lowered her head, feeling ashamed, and nodded.

    "I'm so sorry, Riley."

    Riley gave me a wiry smile. "It's ok, Maya. I-I th-think I-I'll be ok."

    I could tell that Riley was on the verge of crying even harder.

    "You're not really sick, are you?" I questioned.

    Riley sniffled. "Ah, you got me...," she mumbled.

    I quickly broke apart and stood up, facing Riley. "Get up."

    "Why?"

    "You're going to school today."

    "No!"

    "Yes!"

    "But, my parents think I'm sick!"

    "We'll just tell them that you made a speedy recovery! Now, get dressed and eat breakfast so we can go!"

    "I'm still not going."

    I sighed and rolled my eyes. "Are you really gonna make me do this again, Riley?"

    Riley looked at me dumbfounded. "Do what again, Maya?"

    I sighed as I held up my hand, showing Riley my friendship ring. "RING POWER!!!"

    Riley thought for a second. "Ok, I'll go, but only if I get to wear a depressing outfit!"

    "But, you're not even depressed, Riley!"

    "Yeah, but it's the only way to get Missy to stop bullying me!"

    "No, you're going to show Missy that you don't care about what she says. You're going to wear the cheeriest outfit that you own!"

    "NO!!!"

    I held up my hand, showing Riley my ring again. "RING POWER!!!"

    That's when Riley lost it. Planted her face into her pillow and broke down, sobbing. I felt sick to my stomach. Missy is really bullying her bad...

    "I'm so sorry, Riley!" I apologized, running over to Riley's bed, "Look, I didn't mean to make you upset. If it really makes that huge of a difference and makes you feel better, you can wear a depressing outfit to school today!"

    Riley pulled her head out of her pillow and looked at me with her red, irritated eyes. "I-It's o-ok," she sniffled, "You d-didn't mean t-to. You're o-only trying t-to help."

    "Thanks for forgiving me. Wear whatever you would like to school, ok, Peaches?"

    Riley sniffed and nodded before giving me another hug. After we were done hugging, Riley got up and picked her outfit out. She then walked out of her room and into the bathroom to get changed. Of course, she got dressed into a dark outfit. As soon as she was done, we headed into the kitchen. We had to explain how Riley made a speedy recovery to Mrs. Matthews as we ate. Mr. Matthews and Auggie had already left for school. We also lied and said that when Riley had a fever, she got depressed again.

    "Now, tell me what's really going on," Mrs. Matthews whispered to me when Riley wasn't paying attention.

    I looked back at Riley, making sure that she still wasn't paying attention or watching. "I'll tell you later," I mouthed.

    "Ok."

    With that being said, Riley and I quickly finished up our meal, said, 'bye,' to Mrs. Matthews, and left for school.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.7K 332 22
Maya held back her feelings for years. She watched Riley date Lucas, then Charlie, then a series of other boyfriends. She kept quiet because she knew...
3.9K 191 45
Have you ever wondered what it was like to be a genius? Farkle Minkus is a full functioning genius. He has everything he's ever wanted from best frie...
63.7K 1.5K 29
Maya Hart. Alone. Bullied. Broken. Scared. Maya's hurting. She feels like a fragile piece of glass. Only the worlds of art and m...
51.8K 2K 23
"You love her, don't you, Maya?" "She's my best friend, of c-" "You love her more than that, I've seen the way you look at h...