Timeless Tales (BlackButler x...

By kansami

You are a teen orphan recruited by Ciel Phantomhive to serve as a maid at his manor. Little did you know, cer... More

❦Chapter 1 : Unidentified
❦Chapter 2 : Formalties
❦Chapter 3 : Introductions
❦Chapter 4 : Robin
❦Chapter 6 : Stray
❦Chapter 7 : Dollmaker
❦Chapter 8 : Coffins
❦Chapter 9 : Guests
❦Chapter 10 : Impurities
❦ Chapter 11 : Chaos
❦ Chapter 12 : Awakening
❦Chapter 13 : Unlucky
❦Chapter 14 : Freedom
❦Chapter 15 : Circus
❦Chapter 16 : Facade
❦Chapter 17 : Paths
☞ Sebastian Ending : Demonic Lust
☞ Tragedy Ending : Presentiment
☞ Claude Ending : Trapped Webs

❦Chapter 5 : Scarlet

8.6K 259 164
By kansami

"Jack The Ripper Strikes Again!"

The headline of the daily newspaper informed Ciel that Aleistor was not the primary suspect that they captured... Aleistor was at his own party all night, and this murder took place last night on the other side of town.. The young earl took a sip from his tea and sat the newspaper down on his desk. He was at lost at what to do next. How can he capture this Jack The Ripper? This case was mind-boggling. As the Queen's WatchDog, it was his duty to solve all mysteries no matter how challenging they seem to be.

Sebastian watched his master make faces of frustration. The butler advised, "No need to stress yourself, young master. I am sure we will solve this case. Our efforts will not be in vain."

Ciel gave a look at his trusty right-hand butler and mumbled, "You are right. I will not give up this easily."

A soft knock sounded at the door of Ciel's office. Ciel called, "Who is it?"

"It is I, (Y/n), young master.. Madame Red has come to seek you for an urgent matter." answered (Y/n) softly. Sebastian's lips curled in a small smirk at how (Y/n)'s voice sounded so delicate with vulnerability. He wondered about many things with that voice of hers that he always loves to hear everyday..

(Y/n) opened the door with Madame Red behind her. Ciel sighed at the sight of his aunt. Madame Red grinned, "My Ciel~! I heard about last night... You captured Aleistor! But it seems like he is not Jack The Ripper... How sad. I thought he was the criminal, oh well, there are more suspects out there."

Ciel carefully observed his aunt and answered, "Is there someone that is a suspect that you have in mind..?"

Madame Red slyly smirked, "Well, it does not really matter... I'm sure you can solve this case my little nephew,"

Ciel's eyes lingered a little longer on his aunt, then he excused, "(Y/n), you are dismissed. Madame Red and I will play a game of chess, while I think about my next course of action..."

(Y/n) bowed quickly and left Ciel's office. She was disappointed that the case was still at hand.

(Y/n) went to her room and thought about what she will do the entire day.

"A little nap won't hurt..." she thought as she crawled into her bed and quickly fell asleep....

~

Madame Red and Ciel successfully played several rounds of chess. They were both equally tied each time. Ciel paused for a short break and asked, "Sebastian, please check on (Y/n), while I talk to Madame Red for a bit....."

Madame Red looked a slightly anxious, but remained an emotionless face.

The jet-black haired butler smiled, "At once, my lord."

Sebastian exited his master's office and went his way to (Y/n)'s room. The butler already has a hunch of who the Jack the Ripper is. And it seems like he will strike soon....

~

"My dear wake up, I want to see the lovely look of horror on your face when you see my chainsaw in your lovely body~"

(Y/n) stirred in her sleep uncomfortably, she heard a faint low voice whispering in her mind- or was it in her ears? She slowly opened her eyes and saw a silhouette of a familiar man..

Grell Sutcliff.

The red haired male looked different than before... He brandished a bloody red chainsaw. Grell's sharp-teethed smile was that of a crazed killer ready to terrorize his victim. The red haired male let out a sadistic giggle, as he revved up his beloved chainsaw.

"You are finally awake my dear.. You kept me waiting. That is not nice of you to sleep, when I was talking... Do you not think that you should deserve a consequence...?" he purred, with his green eyes glinting mercilessly at (Y/n).

(Y/n) curled up in her blanket with a frightful look in her face. She stuttered, "P-please! G-Grell!! Do not be like this! This is not you...! You cannot be Jack The Ripper!"

Grell took his chainsaw closing in on (Y/n)'s neck. He chuckled darkly, "Love, I partly am Jack The Ripper. I think you should know a little something about me though. I may be in a different form, but I am actually a Grim Reaper. Even if I'm like this, I am still the butler of DEATH!"

(Y/n) was frozen to her bed in state of absolute fear and shock. Hearing that Grim Reapers do exist, left her speechless.

Right that moment, Sebastian charged through the door that Grell had locked earlier. Sebastian threw a couple of silver knives at Grell. Grell somersaulted backwards, dodging the knives with his chainsaw, frowning, "Aww, Sebby! I was so close to having (Y/n) all to myself!"

Sebastian rushed to (Y/n)'s side, caressing her face with his firm gloved hands. (Y/n) blushed madly at Sebastian's touch. The butler was concerned of (Y/n)'s safety - no one will ever lay a finger on (Y/n) as long as he is around...

"Are you alright? It is my fault for leaving you in danger..." sighed Sebastian, as he blamed himself. (Y/n) stammered, "N-no! It isn't your fault at all, Sebastian!"

Then, Grell spat impatiently, "Get on with it... I hate this interruption! Perhaps a cut up Sebby would do!"

He charged at Sebastian waving his chainsaw wildly at him with his eyes sparkling. (Y/n) was tensed at the scene that lay before her. She prayed for Sebastian to be unharmed. Sebastian gracefully dodged Grell's amateur chainsaw swings with his knives. The handsome butler was unfazed at Grell's attacks.

Suddenly, Ciel and Madame Red came rushing in. Ciel shouted, "What is going on here?!"

Madame Red looked at Grell and nodded briefly at him before confessing in a calm guilt manner, "...Ciel, my precious nephew, I have something very important to say to you."

Ciel glanced at his aunt with a skeptical look written all over his face, "And what is this important thing you wish to tell me, all of a sudden?"

Madame Red fixed her hair and solemnly replied, "You see, Grell and I are actually Jack The Ripper."

Ciel seemed unsurprised at her confession, he answered, "I already figured that out a little while back...."

Grell yelled at his mistress, "Now's the chance to kill your only nephew to inherit his riches!"

Madame Red already took out a small blade and was advancing towards Ciel. Sebastian cursed under his breath and was about to go to his master's aid, but Ciel shouted, "Sebastian! I will be alright! Protect (Y/n), please!"

Sebastian hesitated and diverted his attention to Grell once again. (Y/n) was crying in Grell's embrace, as his chainsaw neared her neck. Sebastian glared at Grell with animosity. He then, in a flash, flung another silver knife at the chainsaw's motor, the chainsaw stopped working.

Grell panicked and stared at his chainsaw in disbelief. The red headed male decided then to grab (Y/n) and put her in front of him, shielding him of any Sebastian's attacks. (Y/n) squirmed, "Y-your holding me too tight! I-I cannot breathe..."

Sebastian was clearly ticked off at the sight of (Y/n) crying and helpless, no one is to make a lady like (Y/n) be in danger.

Just then, Madame Red casted her eyes down in shame and said, "Grell, I fear I cannot lift a weapon to kill my only dear nephew...."

She locked her eyes on her own blade and dropped it. Madame Red would never dare to hurt her only nephew, her only relative. She knew that her sister and Mr. Phantomhive will be very disappointed if that were to happen. Plus, Ciel reminded her too much of her sister. Grell's green eyes hardened, "You are going too soft, Madame Red!"

Madame Red had tears brimming in her eyes and tried to explain, "But! It is because I-!"

Grell pushed (Y/n) towards Sebastian and brandished a death scythe. He stabbed his mistress in fury. Suddenly, a cinematic record, a soul's kaleidoscope of memories, played before her corpse.

The cinematic record showed the Earl of Phantomhive, Ciel's father, how he complimented Angelina's, Madame Red, red hair - thus, how she came to love the color red. Then, Vincent, Earl of Phantomhive, married Rachel, Madame Red's sister, instead.

Angelina did married a man, but before she could have his baby, there was a carriage incident that killed her husband and forced the doctor to abort her unborn child. She had to have her womb removed in order to save her own life. When Angelina got out of the hospital, she went to visit the Phantomhives, and found their manor burning. Despite this, she envied her sister who could die with her beloved, Vincent Phantomhive. Madame Red returned to doing her work of performing abortions, she was jealous that the women requesting for an abortion could throw away what she could never have. Therefore, she started the Jack The Ripper murders with Grell. The cinematic records of memories ended there.

Madame Red collapsed to the floor - her eyes closed forever, with her clothes stained of blood, the color she loved, because of Vincent Phantomhive's kindness towards her.

"How sad... Well, one death is enough for me tonight. Bye, bye~!" cooed Grell. Grell dramatically removes his mistress' red coat and then put the coat on himself, walking away.

Ciel was infuriated at his aunt being killed, he ordered harshly, "Sebastian! Kill Grell!"

Sebastian bowed and attacked Grell once again. Grell deflected Sebastian's knives with his death scythe in ease. This went on for a while. (Y/n) could only stand and watch in awe at their fight, but she was anxious of the outcome.

Finding the perfect timing, Grell stabbed Sebastian in his arm. Grell squealed, "I got you~" Blood gushed out of Sebastian's butler uniform. The butler smirked at Grell, "You think a simple wound like this can defeat a demon like me?"

(Y/n) widened her eyes at the sight of the blood oozing out of Sebastian and his words.

Demon....?

A cinematic record of Sebastian's memories that were blurry started to play, it was soon cut off. Sebastian grunted, "I'm a demon. And demons don't simply die."

Before Sebastian lunged towards Grell, a figure appeared out of thin air in front of him saying, "Halt."

A sleek back black-haired man in a formal suit with sharp green eyes behind a pair of glasses, like Grell, stood before Sebastian. His eyes pierced into Sebastian's red eyes, but then wavered over to (Y/n) who was standing next to Sebastian.

"Another human that you have eyes on demon...?" the mysterious man chuckled lowly.

Sebastian growled, "None of your business, shinigami...."

Sebastian protectively stood in front of (Y/n).

The man sighed, "She is really beautiful for a human... The name's William T. Spears, I am one of the many Grim Reapers. I came to arrest Grell, because he has committed a number of illegal crimes both in the shinigami world and human world."

Grell sobbed, "Aww, William~ Why do you always have to ruin the fun?!"

William winced at Grell's reaction and touched his own glasses stating, "It is by the lawcode of the Shinigami world that I am to place you under arrest. Now, for that demon, I apologize on my behalf of Grell's actions...."

Sebastian blatantly replied, "Your apology is accepted, shinigami..."

William shudders at apologizing to a demon. Grim Reapers and demons never have gotten along since the beginning of time. Their hatred for one another still exists to this day. Only a difference is seen between the two; Demons devour souls for hunger, while Grim Reapers take souls when the time comes for that human's death.

William and Grell vanished to the shinigami world. (Y/n) quietly asked, "W-What's a shinigami, Sebastian?"

Sebastian was a little surprised, "Aren't you going to ask me why or if I am really a demon?"

(Y/n) shook her head, "I have heard of countless stories of demons, but never seen one in real life. To know that you are a demon, most would be frightened about it, but I do not feel one bit scared of you. You protected me, Sebastian!"

Sebastian smugly smiled, "You humans are so gullible.. You should be afraid of me. I can take your soul any moment, but I choose not to... Shinigamis are death gods, and as you can see, I am a demon. Demons have always hated shinigamis.. It is quite vague to say the history between the two."

Death gods and demons in this world..

Who knew?

(Y/n) knew it was not a norm to think that there are supernatural beings that walk this very Earth with humans. It was all appalling to her to even believe. Sebastian, on the other hand, seemed like a trusting demon to (Y/n), but at what cost? Was he serving Ciel, so that he can help him get revenge and in return devour Ciel's soul?

Demons are never to be trusted..

~

The following day, a funeral was held for Madame Red. Bard, Finny, and Meyrin cried. (Y/n) felt just as sad as they were, but her tears could not come out. It was a heavy feeling inside her that she could not describe.

Ciel was standing over her coffin with a saddening look. The coffin was opened; her corpse was cleaned of any blood. She wore a white dress and looked at peace. Ciel murmured softly, "Red has always suited you." He placed a red dress for his aunt in her coffin and bowed in respect. Rose petals were scattered around her coffin. It was a mournful day for the Phantomhive Manor.

They all returned to the manor and Sebastian called over to (Y/n). The rest have went to their respective rooms. (Y/n) walked towards the butler. Sebastian's captivating red eyes followed her every step. (Y/n) peered into his eyes and asked, "Yes, Sebastian? Is there something the young master need?"

Sebastian smirked, "No, I am the one who needs something.."

He suddenly closed the gap between him and (Y/n), his breath almost tickling her lips.

(Y/n) blushed lightly, "O-oh.. And that is?"

The alluring demon butler's smirk grew wider, "You know, I have been protecting you for awhile, and what do I get in return? Perhaps a kiss can be my reward..."

(Y/n)'s heart started to beat faster and faster. Adrenaline coursed through her body. What was this feeling? She felt her cheeks get hotter by the second, as Sebastian gazed at her with lustful eyes. His lips neared to (Y/n)'s lips and he lightly kissed her. (Y/n) felt like she was about to faint any moment now. The butler smiled, "Now that's a cute reaction... Later (Y/n)..."

The butler departed to his young master's room for the rest of the day.

What (Y/n) had to say that day about Sebastian was that as a demon, he was one hell of a good kisser...

[VOTE / COMMENT]
Thanks^^ Will try to update soon..!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

366K 13.1K 59
After Pein's invasion, Naruto is betrayed by his comrades and left to die. When he wakes up, he somehow travelled back in time to when he was genin a...
122K 3.3K 73
Stray Kids is on tour! Ella wins a prize at the concert that ends up turning her entire life upside down. She uncovers the dark secrets to K-Pop and...
176K 4.6K 20
Your daughter runs off while you were in the middle of grocery shopping because she spotted Max, her favourite driver. Meeting you, Max wants to know...
9.4M 307K 52
"you're all mine; the hair, the lips, the body, it's all mine." highest previous rankings: - #1 in jimin - #1 in pjm - #1 in btsfanfic cover by: @T...