Gotta Be Him (A Niall Horan F...

By ileydiblasi

Rachel is just an American girl who moves with her family to Ireland unexpectedly. When she bumps into Niall... More

Goodbye
Nando's
Meeting Her
Some Love Sappy Stuff
You Got Something... Everywhere
Riley
The boys
Tour Talk
All Too Fast
Girls' Night
Rumors
Time To Surprise
Top Choice
Concert
Time to Move On
Yea, I'm Back... Who's He?
A Spark of Hope
Truly Torn
The "Welcome Home" Dinner Is Not Really Welcoming
He's Gone
Crash
All Is Forgotten
All I Got
Memories Gone With The Wind
Visit
I Can Walk!
Beautiful, Beautiful Flowers
Gone
Pop The Question
Phone Calls
I'm Not Thankful
Meet The Team
Prank Gone Too Far
Old 'Friend'
Look Who's Drunk Now
The Last Piece to the Puzzle

The Pool Party

5.5K 149 26
By ileydiblasi

Chapter 9

*Rachel'a POV*

Niall and I sing along to Ed Sheeran songs the whole way there. His angelic voice rings through the car.

"They scream, the worst things in life come free to us.

And we're just under the upper hand.

Go mad for a couple grand.

We don't want to go outside tonight.

It's too cold outside for angels to fly.

To fly...

To fly...

For angels to fly."

If all boys were like Niall, the world would be heaven.

Niall pops the CD out. "So, what's Riley like?" He asks.

"She's a violinist, and her voice is sweeter than the most heavenly thing on earth! ...Except, not as heavenly as you." I feel the warmth rushing to my cheeks.

Niall blushes too. "Is she a good violinist?"

"I don't know. I'm betting she is."

Riley was driving herself to the pool the boys rented out for the party. She said she used to go there regularly when she was younger.

"I don't want to be a third wheel around you guys. It would be awkward having just the three of us. You would feel obliged to join me in any conversation you have. Trust me." Rachel said on the phone when I insisted she come with us. I realized she was right, it would be awkward.

*Harry's POV*

I wait outside the pool are for Niall and his love to come. I want to be the first one to meet her. Out of the corner of my eye, I see a girl waiting by the entrance. She wasn't begging to go in, just waiting.

She walks over to me. Nonchalantly. "Hi, I'm Riley..." Riley's voice trails off. "You're Harry Styles."

That's it. "You're Harry Styles." No fan girling,

"Can I help you love?" I ask the beautiful Riley.

I get a good look at her. She has light brown hair with dirty blonde highlights. Her brown eyes sparkle with pleasure, they were lovely brown eyes. She had a good figure. I might take some time to meet her.

She mutters something under her breath. Something like, "I should've known." She says in a normal volume, "No just waiting for my friend Rachel. She said she's coming with this lad named Niall. Do you happen to know when they are coming?" Her tone was cool and collected.

Niall's car pulls into the parking lot and two figures jump out of it. "Rachel!" Riley yells, waving her arms to catch her attention.

'Geez.' I think. 'She gets more excited when she sees her than when she sees me.' Usually this doesn't bother me, but I want attention from her. As much as I can get.

*Niall's POV*

Harry stares at Rachel. I feel jealousy rise up inside of me. He's smiling at her, flirting. Rachel doesn't notice, she's too busy charting up a storm with who I am guessing is Riley.

"Rachel, I will be right back." I whisper in my love's ear. I give her a peck on the cheek and turn towards Harry. "Can we talk really quick?"

"Sure."

We head into the locker room and I turn to Harry. I can imagine my face is red with anger. "Are you trying to flirt with my girl?" I ask almost yell. I try to keep my anger down, it's obviously not working one bit.

A wave of confusion washes over Harry's face. "Why would I do that. We're mates. Sure she IS beautiful and all but-"

I interrupt him with more screaming. "SHE'S MINE HARRY! DON'T YOU LAY YOUR EYES AND HANDS OFF HER! SHE'S MY PRINCESS AND IT WILL STAY THAT WAY FOREVER! DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT HER!"

Now a wave of hurt washes over his face. Harry looks down, I could tell he's on the verge of tears. "You think I would do that to you? Niall have you gone wack? We're best buds. Remember?"

Now I feel like a compleat idiot/jerk. Of course Harry wouldn't do that to me. "Gosh, Harry, I'm such an idiot. You would never do that to me. It's just... I was... You looked at her and I felt that someone was trying her to take her away from me. It's such a bad feeling when someone gets taken away from you, especially if you want to hold her in your arms forever..." I trail off.

Harry's tear filled eyes look at me. "I was trying to get the attention of her friend, Riley."

Not knowing if I'm more of an idiot or a jerk, a put my he's in my hands I shake my head. "Of course you were! Why would I think otherwise? I'm such an idiot and a jerk! Such an idiot... Such an idiot."

"You're not an idiot or a jerk. You just want to protect Rachel from idiots and jerks. I understand completely."

"What do you say we forget those ever happened and head to the pool with the girls?" I ask, wishing that I never got so worked up in the first place.

"Niall, are you in there?" Rachel's voice echoes through the locker room.

"Coming love!" I call back to her.

I walk out of the locker room, Harry coming out behind me.

"Hi." Rachel's friend smiles at me. "I don't believe we were properly introduced. I'm Riley." Riley extends her hand to me and I shake it.

"I'm Niall."

"And I'm Harry!" Harry blurts out.

Riley giggles. "Hi Harry." Riley blushes uncontrollably.

"Hi, I'm Rachel." Rachel shakes Harry's hand.

I take Rachel's hand and intertwine it with mine. Harry stares at Riley's hand, a look of longing to hold her hand on his face.

Riley is acting surprisingly calm. Rachel acted calm too, though. There was an awkward silence among us.

"Riley do you want to go on the water slide with me?" Harry asks Riley.

Riley glances at Rachel, asking for permission I'm guessing. Rachel gives her a quick nod and Riley smiles gratefully.

"Sure Harry. I would love to." Riley says to him and they link arms.

"Let me introduce you to the other boys." I drag Rachel to where the biggest pool is. The boys told me to meet them there.

We pass a juice bar where Eleanor was enjoying a smoothie. She jumps up and runs over to us. "You must be Rachel! Oh gosh, you're gorgeous! Niall's a lucky man! The boys are right over there." She points to a crowded area.

"Thanks Eleanor." I say.

She didn't hear me. Eleanor was already talking Rachel's ears off. Rachel didn't mind though, she was laughing and talking happily also.

Louis emerges from the crowd and spots us right away. "Guys!" He runs over to us. "You're late, the party started 30 minutes ago."

"Don't you sass me!" I joke.

"And who is this lovely lady?" Louis takes Rachel's hand and kisses it.

Eleanor playfully slaps him. "Rachel."

"Well, Rachel, welcome to the family. " Louis leads us into the crowd.

Rachel blushes. "Thank you Louis."

Rachel gets introduced to the whole gang. Louis' words stick in my head. "Welcome to the family." I guess Rachel is part of the family. I love her so much.

"Where's Harry?" Zayn asks me.

"He's on the water slide with Rachel's friend." Louis raises his eyebrow.

"Typical Harry." Liam laughs.

*Rachel's POV*

They were all so nice. I knew they were nice, it's jut that they were nicer than I expected. And now I was part if their ever growing family.

Eleanor, Louis, Perrie, Zayn, Danielle, Liam, Niall, and I all had a huge water fight. Leave it to Louis to find enough water guns to supply and army.

"Rachel! Watch your back!" Perrie screams.

I turn around to see Niall holding up a water gun. "Any last words?" Niall asks me.

I look up at the sky. "In the name of the father, the son, an the Holy Spirit. Amen." I whisper dramatically.

Niall holds up his gun in shooting position. "That's it?"

"One more thing, I. Love. You. Ok, now you can do it."

Niall smirks. "Love you too hun, love you too." Squirt! Water hits me right in the heart.

"Gahh!" I scream as I take a few steps back and slowly fall into the pool.

"Rachel!" Louis screams. "I will avenge you! Niall prepare for your death!"

I peek just above the water to see the action. Louis and Niall are glaring at each other.

"Please forgive me." Niall begs mockingly.

"Not after what you have done." Louis states mercilessly.

By now, the rest of my new family are watching the whole scene happening.

"I didn't mean to! I loved her. That was the last thing I said to her."

"Doesn't make any difference."

To my right, Eleanor starts crying. "I just met! I wanted to get to know her!" She sobs hysterically.

Wow. I'm guessing my new family had taken lessons on improv. They got some talent.

Louis looks down at the floor. "I really don't want to do this Niall, you're one of my best friends..."

"Then don't!" Niall begs.

"... But I have to!" Squirt! Water travels from Louis' gun to Niall's chest. "Audios Niall."

Niall gasps. "I've been shot!" He dramatically falls back into the water.

A wave forms over me. Woosh! The wave falls over me. I go underwater and open my eyes. I see Niall, smiling with his mouth closed. I paddle over I him and close my eyes. Niall's lips touch mine and suddenly we're sharing an underwater kiss. We kiss until my lungs are begging me for air.

We float up. "Am I in heaven? I must be because I'm with you." Niall asks me.

"Feels like every second I spend with you is heaven, so it must be."

We hear whispering going on above us. The Liam's head pops up. "Reach for the sky!"

I start to crack up. I can't take Liam seriously when he starts quoting Toy Story. Who can? I do as told, though.

"Niall!?! Rachel!?! Where are you?!?!" I hear Harry's voice scream.

"Over here!" Niall shouts back to them.

Harry and Riley walk over to us, holding hands. "Where have you been?" I ask them.

"Over by the slides." Riley replies.

"You missed me being introduced to everyone, and a huge water fight where Niall and I happened to die." I tell her. "I don't think it took that long to go on the slide."

Riley blushes. "Never know."

Riley gets introduced to everyone too, following the same procedure I did.

"Shall we continue our battle?" Zayn asks, combing his hands through his wet hair.

"Why not?" I ask. The more people there is, the better.

Harry and Riley both get handed guns and the games begin.

After we all die multiple times, we decide to take it easy and hang in the lazy river. Niall and I both share a tube and he sings to me the whole time, making the river much more relaxing. His sweet voice is like honey, and I'm Whinnie the Pooh, I can't get enough of it.

By the time it's time to come home, I'm beat. Life really couldn't get any better right now. On the way home, I whisper, "Niall, I love you." Before drifting off to sleep.

_________________

Hi guys.

So I'm a very (im)patient person, so I can('t) wait to write the next chapter. Therefore, I'm only asking for two comments in this chapter, five votes, and 150 reads? We can do that right? I really hope you liked this chapter. When I'm done with this story, I might write a love story between Riley and Harry. Comment what you think about that. Ok thanks for reading bye!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.7K 51 42
This story is about a girl named brittney who makes friends and tries to be a singer she only has one dream.Will it come true? she also meets a band...
5.9K 100 31
Hazel Collins doesn't know what she has gotten herself into. Her friends have dragged her to a One Direction concert where she meets the love of her...
16.3K 399 39
Bella is just a normal girl from California. She goes to visit her family, including her cousin Liam Payne from One Direction. Whilst on the trip her...
219K 1.6K 34
He's her best friend. He's her worst nightmare. The choice is obvious, but she is torn.