Adopted.. By Who? [One Direct...

By TearingMeApart

Picture this; A mom, dad, daughter and a son. The perfect family. The live in a small blue house on the corne... More

Chapter 1: Alone.
Chapter 2: Meeting
Chapter 3: Shopping.
Chapter 4: Interviewer Lady Person Thingy Cat Dog Fish Gerbil Hamster..
Chapter 5: Twitter addiction? Yes.
Chapter 6: I could be sleeping. But no.
Chapter 7: Don't. Wake. Me. Up.
Chapter 8: Sleepover. Kinda?
Chapter 9: Fake friends.
Chapter 10: It's the Ghost of Abraham Lincoln I swear.
Chapter 11: Teach Me Your Ways.
Chapter 12: Mary Had A Little Lamb
Chapter 13: I feel so alone.
Chapter 14: He's Broken.
Chapter 15: That was my heart breaking.
Chapter 16: I just want my Sophie back.
Chapter 17: Just You And Me.
Chapter 18: Gone.
Chapter 19: Happy Birthday
Chapter 20: Shh.
Chapter 21: Mute.
Chapter 23: Smiling again.
Chapter 24: Normal.
Chapter 25: Interesting.
Chapter 26: What.
Chapter 27: Not Sorry.
Chapter 28: We're not even related.

Chapter 22: This Is Not Sophie Tomlinson.

30K 845 119
By TearingMeApart

Louis’s POV

“RING! RING”!

I send apologetic looks to the other boys as I walk out to take a phone call. El has been calling me franticly for the past five minutes, I’m guessing it was impotant.

“Hello?” I say putting the phone to my ear.

“Louis! It’s me Eleanor! I saw Sophie and I need you-“ She begins.

“Wait, you saw Sophie?” I say cutting her off.

“YES! I need you to come to the hospital it’s complicated but I’ll explain it to you later just come here.” She says rushing with each word.

“Okay.” I say ending the call.

“I need to go.” I say rushing into the living room where the rest of the lads sat.

“Where?” Liam says standing up.

“Hospital.” I say grabbing my keys.

“Woah Lou wait.” Harry says grabbing my shoulder.

“I need to go.” I say shrugging him off me.

“Why?” Niall says popping beside me.

“Sophie. I just I need to go.” I mutter before dashing out of the flat.

I slide into my car turning the engine on.

“Come on.” I mutter.

I don’t know what has gotten into me. I just need to see Sophie and know that she’s all right. Although what I have done to her she’ll never be all right.

I begin to drive to the hospital Eleanor gave me. It’s really hard to focus on the road; what if Sophie is in trouble? Maybe she’s hurt. It’s probably my fault. What if something fatal happened? What if-.

I need to stop thinking sad thoughts. Happy thoughts. Happy thoughts. Sophie coming home. Happy.

I turn into the hospital parking lot and quickly park into a parking spot. Slamming my car door I run into the hospital waiting room.

“Hi, I’m here for Sophia.. uh.. Tomlinson?” I say with a question in my voice.

“Oh and you are?” The front desk lady asks.

“I’m her.. uh. Her um.. Dad?” I say still with a question in my voice.

“Oh, I see. Right this way sir.” She tells me.

We begin to walk down the white, boring hallway that seems everlasting. I just want to know what’s wrong.

“The doctor is in um.. speaking to her?” She says pointing to the room.

I walk and open the cold, stiff door. I first make eye contact with the man who I suspect to be the doctor.

“Uh hi.” I say.

The man turns towards me.

“Oh yes sir. You see Sophia has been diagnosed with muteness. Meaning she cannot speak and maybe able to speak again. Let me talk to you more in the hallway.” He says ushering me towards the hallways.

Woah.

That was all at once.

I turn to walk into the hallway when I see her.

Sophie, broken, sad looking, laying on a hospital bed with a distant look into her eyes.

I missed her.

----

Sophie’s POV

So let get this straight. Apparently Louis is still my dad.

When I was taken away Louis hadn’t signed all of the adoption papers or whatever. This was explained to me by a hospital nurse. I have more questions about the whole deal but I can’t ask them. I can’t ask anything.

Luke was taken into custody by the police, I would have been if I wasn’t in this hospital. Once I was cleared I was suppose to go back to the police station, but of course Louis and his millions got me out of it.

I haven’t spoken to him yet.

Well I haven’t spoken to anyone, but that’s beside the point.

I only saw him that one time when he came into the hospital room. The nurses gave me a white board to write on. But I’m not using it. It makes me feel so stupid. Like I can’t do anything.

People come in and I think they forget I can hear. They talk to each other like I can’t understand what they’re saying.

I’ve been in the hospital for 3 days. I’m cleared to leave tomorrow. I don’t know where I’m going. I think I might be going back to live with Louis.

I don’t want too.

I don’t care how many times Eleanor comes in here to try to convince me Louis had no part in the decision to give me away. None of the other boys have came to see me. I wouldn’t blame them. I’m afraid to see them too.

I thought I’d not see any of the Direction boys until I was forced too but I was wrong.

Niall was the first to come and see me. It was this morning when I was eating this crap they call food he walked in and I nearly spit out all of my food.

He talked to me like he normally would. Filling me in on what I missed. I can’t say I’m mad at him. It’s really hard to be. He, just like Eleanor, tried to convince me Louis had no doing in me getting taken away. After awhile of silence Niall got up and left.

I felt kinda bad. But I mean I can’t help not talking. But maybe I should have used the whiteboard.

“Sophia, your lunch.” The annoying nurse says plopping the tray on my side table.

I look at her and make a face. She rolls her eyes. I know she knows I hate her. She bugs me. She is the only nurse who calls me Sophia. Even though I know Louis has told her numerous times, I hate that name.

I look over at the food resting on the side table. It looks terrible. I’m not eating this. I roll over to the other side and rest my head on the pillow. There’s nothing better to do so might as well sleep.

---

Poke, poke.

Who’s poking my side?

Poke, poke.

Stop. I’m sleeping.

Poke, poke.

ALRIGHT SERIOUSLY?

I lift my head up to meet a certain brown haired boys face.

No, not Louis.

Luke.

I immediately jump out of my bed and give Luke a huge hug.

“Hello to you too?” Luke says.

I smile and wave.

“This is weird. Usually you won’t stop talking.” Luke says.

I roll my eyes and sit back down.

I grab the whiteboard and begin to scribble down words.

Why aren’t you with the police?

“Oh, Louis or whatever bailed me out.” Luke says.

“By the way he’s here for you.” Luke says.

What? What do you mean here for me?

“Like he is here. Here in the building ready to take you home.” Luke says.

I thought that was tomorrow??

“It’s today.” He says.

What about you? Where are you going?

“With you.” He says.

I give him a confused look.

“I mean I’m staying until the adoption people come and get me. I’m going to an orphanage in the USA because I’m too much trouble here.” Luke says.

WHAT?

Then the door opens and Niall is standing there.

“We’ll talk later.” Luke whispers as he stands by my side.

“Okay, um I have some uh, real clothes I guess to give you.” Niall says throwing a bag at me.

I nod my head and walk to the bathroom to my right. I close the door and nearly scream at the sight in the mirror.

I don’t look the same. At all. My hair is now a mix between blonde and brown, my face looks sad and different. I’m much skinner and taller than I remember. This is not the Sophie I knew. This is not Sophie Tomlinson.

I throw off the ugly hospital gown and look inside the bag to see what was packed for me. I pull out a pair of sweatpants and a t-shirt. Inside of the bag towards the bottom makes me smile; it is my favorite pair of high-top black converse. I always wore these.

I put on my clothes and shoes and walk out of the bathroom. Niall and Luke are awkwardly standing by the door.

“The boys are in the car waiting.” Niall tells me.

I nod my head and we begin to walk out of the hospital room. The butterflies start to get with me. I feel like I’m about to puke. This is probably going to make the top ten scariest moments in my life. What if they all hate me? I hate them. I mean don’t I? I should. They gave me away. Or do they? Was it true? Did they have no choice? They could have fought for me. They didn’t. Or did they?

Niall opens the door and a zoo forms in my stomach. I swear I’m going to puke. I hear the noise of the car quiet down as soon as that door opens. Niall slides into the second row first. Then it’s my turn. My turn to see the people who gave me up. Who stopped loving me. Now they want me back? Or do they? Were they forced? Are they just going to give me up again?

I peek my head into the car. There I see Liam and Zayn in the back looking at me. I the front Harry is sitting in the passenger seat. I turn my head towards the driver’s seat, Louis is looking right at me. I look away from him and sit down in my seat. Luke then comes into the car looking really nervous. I assume he’s already met the other boys.

To say the car was awkward was an understatement. If you could take awkward and times it by a million it still wouldn’t cover this car ride. It was quiet and the only noise was Harry who for some reason kept sneezing. I would bless him, but he doesn’t deserve my blessing. Oh and I can’t talk.

“We’re here.” Louis announces unexcitedly.

We all pile out of the car and walk towards the boy’s house.

Well this will be a long day.

----

Hello. :) 

I'm really sorry, I haven't updated in F O R E V E R. 

I again don't have a valid excuse so just roll with me. 

OH MY GOD DID PAYZER BREAK UP? THIS IS RUINING MY NEW STORY. 

By the way check out my new story: 50 Ways To Die. :) 

Adopted.. By Who? Will be ending in the next few chapters :( 

I love you <3

~~c~~

by the way p l e a s e check out my sisters story ! Just Another Member ! Her username is @Ryliee 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

567K 28.8K 43
0. Summary. [Arranged Marriages Series 0.5] She is his first wife and soon she turns out to be his first love too. Arya lost her parents at a very yo...
20K 263 10
Quite possibly the worst thing I've ever written
1M 43.4K 51
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...
17.1K 2.4K 40
First position in ARDUOUS AWARDS by nature-enchanterers First position in Nisha Fan Fiction awards by Nisha community Second position in BRIGHT BEGIN...