EGL // lashton

By umlashton

「 chaos is an angel who fell in love with a demon 」 - christopher poindexter in... More

zero
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
nine / re-uploaded
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty one
twenty two
trailer!!! | (fan art?)
twenty three
bromance awards
twenty four
twenty five
twenty six
twenty seven
twenty eight
twenty nine
thirty
thirty one
thirty two
thirty three
thirty four
thirty five
thirty six
thirty seven
thirty eight
thirty nine
forty
forty one
forty two
forty three
forty four
forty five
forty six
forty seven
forty eight
forty nine
fifty
fifty one
fifty two
fifty three
q&a
THE SEQUEL IS UP

twenty

17.4K 1K 2.1K
By umlashton

same day and same hours as the last chapter was played out
-

Luke huffed when his third call to Ashton didn't go through. He was left alone in the middle of the hallway as every other student was at lunch.

Luke had hoped that Ashton would have lunch with him since they had talked about it this morning, but it seemed like Ashton was busy.

Luke wouldn't have cared as much if Calum was here to keep him company, but his friend wasn't here either, and that make Luke completely lonely.

He was so sad because just when he and Calum were good, the raven-haired boy had grown all weird towards him. And now after Ashton had told him he loved him, he had become distant and Luke was just worried that he would lose both of them.

Luke sighed and slowly started walking down to the lunch room to eat alone. He hated to be alone in this large school, he felt so small and vulnerable. He wished Ashton was here to keep him safe.

"Luke?" someone spoke, making Luke lift his head and look back at Michael who was walking over to him with furrowed eyebrows.

"Oh, hi" Luke said and smiled small at the green-haired boy as he walked up to his side.

"What's with the sad face?" Michael asked and chuckled softly when watching the blonde blush slightly.

"It's nothing," Luke mumbled and shook his head slightly, "It's just that neither Calum or Ashton are here and none of them are answering my calls so I'm kind of left alone"

"Oh well, I'm here," Michael said and shrugged before placing his hands in his pockets and slowly walked beside Luke, "I know I'm probably not what you'd prefer, but I thought that I should get to know you better now when you're basically Ashton's little handbag that he brings almost everywhere"

"Yeah well, he didn't bring me to wherever he is now" Luke sighed as he fiddled with his fingers.

"You know how he is, and you probably know what we do, so you understand why he keeps all this shit away from you, right?" Michael asked and Luke nodded his head as he licked his lips.

"If it makes you feel any better, I don't even know what he's doing either. I think he tells you more stuff than he tells me, so if he keeps something from you, he's keeping it from me as well"

"Really?" Luke asked quietly and stopped to look at Michael with big blue eyes. Michael nodded his head.

"Yeah, I mean, he's fucking infatuated by you. I've never seen him like this"

Luke blushed and smiled small, "Is that a good or a bad thing?" he asked softly.

"Good, I'd say," Michael spoke and smiled at Luke, "As long as the boy feels something, I'm happy. I've watched him be emotionless for years, so I'm full on positive about this"

Luke smiled up at the green-haired boy with the adorable same blush stuck on his cheeks. "How come you're so completely different to Ashton when you've grown up together?" Luke asked.

Michael shrugged. "I haven't really seen and experienced as much shit as Ashton has. I really don't judge him for shutting everyone off after that"

"What happened?" Luke asked and frowned.

"I'll let your boyfriend tell you the story, that's only fair" Michael said and gave Luke an assuring smile before glancing over to the lunch room, "Fuck the school lunch, I'm gonna drive out and eat something, you wanna come with?"

"Will we have time to get back to next class though?" Luke asked and blinked innocently.

"Oh yeah, I forgot," Michael spoke and chuckled slightly, "You actually care about school"

Luke smiled small at Michael and nodded his head, making the older boy laugh. "So, we're not going to get back until then?"

"No, I thought I'd go home after I had gotten something to eat," Michael said like it was nothing, "You should stay, I wouldn't want you to get in trouble"

"No, I wanna go with you," Luke said and shook his head, "I'm already about 3 months ahead in schoolwork so I'll be fine"

Michael raised his eyebrows at the small blonde before nodding his head, "Okay then blondie, let's get going"

Luke smiled as he walked after Michael, glad that he wasn't alone anymore and that he felt safe again. Luke just searched for that feeling every day now, since he had gotten to know just how bad he could end up alone.

The two boys made their way out of school and over to Michael's car. It was similar to Ashton's, so Luke felt quite at home.

"Can I ask you something?" Luke said and looked at Michael as he drove out of the school's parking lot and onto the street.

"Yeah, go ahead" Michael answered and gave Luke a quick glance before placing his eyes back on the road.

"How can you and Ashton even be students at this school still? I mean, you barely go to any classes and you skip a whole lot"

Michael laughed softly, "We don't do anything we're not supposed to do, we do attend and we keep quiet. They don't need to know about the stuff we hand out to some people"

"What 'stuff'?" Luke asked and looked at Michael innocently.

"Nothing, don't worry about it" Michael said and gave Luke a quick smile.

Luke nodded at Michael's reply before turning his head and looked out of the window. He licked his lip before biting down at his bottom one as he checked his phone for probably the tenth time, hoping he had gotten something from Ashton or Calum, but he hadn't.

"He's fine, Luke"

"What?" Luke spoke out quietly and looked over at Michael.

"I mean Ashton, he's fine. You don't have to worry about him"

"I just wished he'd told me he was leaving. Sometimes he just leaves me alone without telling me and I don't like that. Like, sometimes he's there when I fall asleep but gone when I wake up" Luke mumbled as he looked down at his lap with a small pout.

"Don't read into it too much. He's got a lot to learn, this is all new to him, you know?" Michael spoke.

"How come you're so wise about this? Isn't Ashton supposed to know more when he's the older one?" Luke asked, making Michael chuckle lightly.

"Yeah, you'd think," Michael said, "But no, I think Ashton knows, he's just been too selfish and stubborn to let anyone see that. He always thought showing emotions and stuff was the same thing as showing weakness"

"Oh" Luke said quietly, making Michael quickly shake his head.

"No, I don't mean that he thinks it's weak to feel for you. I think he's learned now that showing and feeling emotions actually makes you stronger. I mean, look at him, he's a whole other person with you in his life. It's like he turns into the fucking hulk if someone ever even talks bad about you"

Luke blushed even though he didn't like fact about Ashton hurting people just because of himself.

"He doesn't hurt you, right? Because I don't care if you've ever said anything about me, I kind of understand if any of the guys have some problems with me. I just came into your house and 'took' Ashton away," Luke said and frowned slightly, "I just don't him to hurt you because of me"

Michael chuckled fondly before turning to give Luke an assuring smile, "Don't worry about us Luke, there's no need for that," he said before turning his gaze back to the road, "So, what food are you in the mood for today, blondie?"

**

"How serious are you and Ashton?" Michael asked as he popped another fry into his mouth while driving.

"Um, I don't know really, we're serious?" Luke said but it came out as a question.

"Serious as in..?" Michael asked curiously. He wanted to know, he wanted to get some answers on his best friend's relationship. But since Ashton himself never talked about it, Michael had to get some info from Luke.

"I- Well," Luke spoke and immediately a small blush crept up on his face as he spoke again, "I love him"

Michael turned his head and looked at Luke with a knowing smile on his face, "Thought so" he said and laughed softly.

"Why are you laughing?"

"Because I think it's quite unbelievable how you two found a way to feel for each other when in the start he was a real fucking asshole to you"

"Well, you were kind of as bad as Ashton the first time we met" Luke mumbled and looked down at his lap.

"Yeah, I'm sorry about that," Michael said again and gave Luke a small smile, "I'm happy for you and Ashton though. I'm actually kind of relieved Ashton found someone to get him back down to earth"

Luke looked at Michael with furrowed eyebrows as he studied the older boy intently. "You're not as bad as you look"

"What's that supposed to mean?" Michael laughed as he turned right to drive onto the road towards his home.

"I mean, you look all scary with those tattoos, piercings, and that dyed hair, but really, you're just very nice" Luke spoke truthfully.

"Thanks, I guess?" Michael spoke as he drove down the long concrete road. Luke giggled quietly, making Michael chuckle before they both fell silent.

Luke watched out the window once again, hearing Michael sing under his breath and it was all unfamiliar for Luke. Michael was the complete opposite to Ashton, he was happy, he smiled, he joked around, and he sang. Luke felt comfortable with Michael, but not even close to as comfortable as he felt with Ashton.

As they drove up to the driveway outside Ashton and Michael's home, Luke frowned when seeing Ashton's car parked messily far up the left of the driveway.

"Ashton's home?" Luke asked quietly, making Michael turn to him after he had turned the car off.

"Looks like it" Michael spoke and shrugged before opening to door and stepped out of the car. Luke frowned and gave Ashton's car one last glance before he stepped out of Michael's car as well.

Luke shyly followed behind Michael and walked into the house, still following the green-haired boy into the living room.

"Has anyone seen Ashton?" Michael asked the three boys seated in the living room. Luke recognized them all, but he wasn't sure of all their names.

"No, he hasn't come home yet" Chase spoke while writing something down on a notepad.

"His car in in the driveway?" Michael spoke and glanced between the boys.

"Oh well, then I guess he's home. He haven't stepped inside this house though, so I guess he's in his own" Warren spoke and pointed over to the warehouse deeper away in the woods.

"I'll go see if he's there" Michael said and gave Luke a smile before starting to make his way out of the living room.

"I'll go with you" Luke spoke quietly and hurried after Michael.

"You can stay here Luke, they're not gonna do anything to you" Michael said with a chuckle.

"No, I'd rather you take Luke with you, Mike. If Ashton sees us hanging out with Luke he'll lose it" Chase said as he looked up from his notepad and smiled over at Luke, "Hi Luke, by the way"

"Hi" Luke answered shyly before walking out of the living room close after Michael.

"Why do you think he's in the warehouse?" Luke asked Michael as they stepped outside again.

Michael shrugged, "I don't know. He usually goes there to get some alone time. This time it's because of business because they told me so this morning"

"Business? What kind of business-"

"Luke," A deep voice spoke up behind Luke and Michael, making both boys turn around to see who had spoken. Luke widened his eyes a bit and fiddled with his fingers when seeing Ty step out of the house and walk over to him.

"Could I have a word with you?" Ty spoke again, making Luke bite down on his bottom lip nervously.

Luke was utterly terrified of Ty. He was big and intimidating, and the way Luke had seen Ty treat Ashton made Luke even more scared than just seconds ago.

"I- Um-" Luke stuttered, not being able to create a real sentence because he was so intimidated.

"Ty, I don't really know if that's such a good-"

"I didn't ask for your opinion, Mike," Ty spoke and gave Michael a stern look before speaking again, "Why don't you go and tell Ashton that Luke is here, and while you do that, I'll talk to Luke just a little bit"

Michael glanced between Luke and Ty before sighing and nodding his head. He walked off without a word, leaving Luke alone with the terrifying uncle.

"How are you, Luke?" Ty asked and looked down at him with the same emotionless hazel-green eyes Ashton used to wear.

"Fine" Luke whispered and looked down at his feet while he shuffled around on them and bit his lip.

"Okay then," Ty said and nodded his head, "I'm not here to hurt you in any way, so you can stop believing that"

Luke furrowed his eyebrows and slowly lifted his head up to look at Ty again. "Okay?" Luke whispered again, looking a bit curious of what Ty was about to tell him.

"You're a civil person in all of this, and I need to know that you'll have to stay like that. I also need to know if you'll stay quiet, because if you start talking while witnessing our work, things won't be good for you.

"I know Ashton is showing feelings for you, and you may think you're both in love, but life isn't that easy, Luke" Ty spoke and Luke frowned.

"Then how is it?" Luke asked quietly.

"It's a living hell, and one dark day, one of us falls. We're dropping like flies and I need you to understand that you can't prevent Ashton from doing that as well.

"As much as you probably think Ashton would do anything for you, leaving this behind isn't one of them. I raised him for this, he's a part of this right here, and he won't leave, which makes you a part of this as well"

Luke was shocked at Ty's words, and the small blonde was almost staring at the big man with wide eyes.

"I don't want you to take up a gun for yourself, but I want you to know that you belong to this group now, and you can't ever drop us for someone else. You being here makes you a target, just like us, but that's why we work together"

"What are you telling me?" Luke spoke softly, his voice dripping in fear.

"That you're one of us now, and you can't just leave us behind without getting to feel the consequences"

"Luke"

Luke was started once again when hearing his voice being spoken for the second time by a deep and stern voice. He knew even before turning around that it would be Ashton, but he visibly relaxed when placing his big blue eyes on his boyfriend.

Luke eyed Ashton up and down, seeing the boy hold his hands behind his back while his shirt had some spots of blood on it. Luke didn't even want to know why.

"Why did you talk to him?" Ashton asked and looked over Luke to place his cold eyes on Ty.

"Needed to clear some things up" Ty spoke before giving Ashton a look Luke couldn't describe, and walked into the house again.

"Hi, angel" Ashton spoke and stepped closer to Luke to embrace the small blonde in a hug. Luke grimaced slightly because of the blood, but ignored it when feeling how comfortable he felt in Ashton's arms.

"Hi," Luke breathed out and nuzzled himself closer to Ashton's muscular body, "Where were you today? I thought you'd stay to be with me. I was all alone since Calum wasn't there either"

"Is that so," Ashton mumbled before pulling away from the embrace and looked down at Luke, "Sorry I left, I had business to take care of"

"It's okay, I guess" Luke whispered out and smiled small up at Ashton before the older boy gently grabbed Luke's face and placed his lips on his.

Luke sighed out happily into the kiss, curling his arms around Ashton's neck to hold him closer.

"I love you" Ashton breathed out against Luke's lips as they had pulled away just a bit. Luke smiled and blushed, giggling quietly.

Ashton leaned in to place his forehead against Luke's, making them stay like that in silence for a few seconds.

"What did Ty say to you?" Ashton spoke lowly.

"That I was permanently a part of the group or something, I don't know" Luke mumbled, still feeling the fear in his body from his talk with Ashton's uncle.

"Don't listen to him, you're not in this fucking group," Ashton seethed before relaxing his shoulders, "You're only mine"

Luke smiled with a blush on his cheeks before standing up on his tippy toes and kissed Ashton sweetly once again. He pulled away fully to let his blue eyes roam Ashton's appearance, frowning when seeing how rough he looked.

"What have you done?" Luke asked as he eyes Ashton's cracked knuckles and blood-filled hands.

"Taken care of business"

"What kind of business?" Luke pushed.

"Something you shouldn't worry or care about. And something you shouldn't ask questions about" Ashton said beck almost defensively, making Luke frown.

"Okay," Luke spoke out quietly, still eyeing Ashton's scary-looking appearance, "Where did Michael go?"

"I asked him to take care of the last of my business," Ashton answered and shrugged before frowning, "Why do you care? Did he do something to you today?"

"No, what do you mean by tha-"

Luke didn't continue his sentence when his eyes were placed on something behind Ashton. Luke's pretty blue eyes widened when seeing Michael carry, what looked like, a almost lifeless body in his arms.

Michael almost ran towards when with eyes filled with worry mixed with anger. Luke was scared and he tensed up when seeing the body hang from Michael's arms.

"W-What-" Luke breathed out, making Ashton frown and turn around to watch what Luke was looking at. As he placed his eyes on the furious looking Michael, Ashton cursed out quietly.

"Fuck Luke, look away," Ashton said as he turned around to pull Luke back and hold him tightly, "Now, Luke"

Luke didn't look away though, because the look on Michael's face worried Luke and when the blonde saw the face of the person in Michael's arms, Luke had every right to be worried.

"Calum" Luke breathed out and put a hand over his mouth when seeing the damage that had happened to his best friend's face and body.

Luke looked down at the arms who held him still and sobbed as soon as he saw Ashton's damaged hands. Luke wasn't stupid, he knew exactly how those damages had happened, and suddenly he felt nauseous.

Luke glanced back and forth between his visibly dead best frown and his bloodstained boyfriend, sobbing before violently trying to get away from Ashton's grip.

"Angel, shh-"

"Let me go!" Luke yelled and tried so hard to get his arms away from Ashton's tight grip. The grip hurt Luke badly, but right now he only cared  about his best friend.

"No Luke, you have to listen to me-"

"Let me go! I don't want to be here, just let me go!" Luke cried out, his tear-filled eyes placed on Calum who was still hanging from Michael's arms.

"Luke," Ashton said sternly and tugged at Luke's arms to get the blonde's attention, but it only cause Luke to cry even more. 

"Fuck Luke, listen to me!" Ashton roared and shook Luke violently, causing the boy to fall backward harshly, making him whimper in pain.

Michael gritted his teeth and opened the door the the backseat of his car before carefully placing Calum down in it, making sure the boy was placed right, before walking over to Ashton and threw a punch to Ashton's face, making the older boy look at Michael confused eyes.

"What the fuck is your problem? Why the fuck would you do this fucking shit?! You knew Luke was here and yet you did this!" Ashton seethed and pressed a finger against Michael's chest harshly.

"I'm not the fucking idiot who tried to kill an innocent fucking boy! Not to mention your boyfriend's best fucking friend" Michael shot back before placing another punch at Ashton's jaw.

"He's not fucking innocent you dick" Ashton almost laughed at Michael.

"I know him, and I know he's innocent" Michael said harshly before walking up to Luke and helped the small blonde up from the ground before holding him close.

"Luke," Ashton said and shook his head, gritting his teeth when seeing Michael hold his boy so close, "You have to hear me out. Calum's not innocent in any of this shit. He was the one who took those photos of you-"

"Shut up" Luke spoke quietly while keeping his tear-filled eyes on the ground.

"No Luke, you better fucking listen-"

"I said shut up!" Luke yelled and looked up as Ashton with a completely broken expression. Ashton shut his mouth as watched as Luke walked over to him slowly.

"How could you do this?" Luke whispered while crying quietly.

"Because if you heard the whole story, you'd understand" Ashton spoke.

"No I wouldn't! I'd never understand why you'd kill my best friend! He's my best friend Ashton, what is wrong with you?!"

"This is my job Luke-"

Luke cut Ashton off by letting the palm of his hand collide against Ashton's cheek, a loud slapping notice being heard.

"I can't believe you could do something like this to me? How could you do this to my best friend? He's everything to me, and you do this and expect me to understand you? What is wrong with you?!"

"Luke, I love you" Ashton spoke calmly. So calmly that Luke grew frustrated and even more angry.

"If you think I could love you after doing something like this, you are so wrong," Luke spoke quietly while small sobs escaped between his words, "I can't even look at you right now, and I never want to either"

Ashton scoffed and shook his head as he reached out for the blonde, "Luke, come on-"

"Don't ever touch me and don't ever come see me again. I never want to see you again" Luke cried out quietly as he turned away from Ashton.

Ashton gritted his teeth together harshly as he turned his head and looked at Michael who was already watching him. Michael was wearing a look full of hatred, and Ashton felt the same.

"You happy now, Mike? There you go, getting everything I had to yourself" Ashton said sarcastically as he looked at Michael with a clenched jaw.

"You fucking disgust me" Michael seethed before walking over to his car and forcefully opened the door to the drivers seat.

"If Calum dies," Luke spoke up, gaining Ashton's attention, "I hope the same thing happens I you"

And just like that, Luke sat down in Michael's car and they were gone. 

"Nice job, son" Ty spoke sarcastically from the doorway where all the boys had been watching. Ashton didn't even react to it and as almost an hour had passed, Ashton was still standing on the same exact spot he had before, watching to where the car had disappeared.

Ashton had been thinking this whole time. His brain had been dragging and pulling his thoughts back and forth, and he now knew that if Luke didn't want him to live, there was no reason for him to do so.

-

hate it hate it hate it, this was not how i had it planned out but i'm to tired to rewrite it sigh

so excited for the next couple of chapters though. hell, i'm fucking excited about the whole book

vote and comment

ily

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

42.9K 800 23
in love with the girl two doors down
33.8K 1.5K 31
"what a terribly tragic love story." "you don't know the full of it." || © dimple-ashton all rights reserved
74 0 20
No description. Read to find out...
3.9K 207 38
chthon·ic adjective: concerning, belonging to, or inhabiting the underworld. Ashton just wants to rule hell. Luke is looking for a little fun. Calum...