Howl Silently My Love

By dandan101

On the night of the harvest moon the Crimson Maire Pack was destroyed by the rivalling Cerulean Mist. Or atle... More

Prologue
Stillness
Once bitten, Twice pissed off
Shifting Seasons
The Harvest Moon
Hidden Desire
The Law Of Equality
Death At The Hands Of Love
Instinct
I'm Your Mate But No One Knows
Don't Mess With The Bond . . .It Hurts
PayBack
Tempting The Bond (1)
Tempting The Bond (2)
Test For What . . . ?
Lesson Learnt
Good News
Confessions
Drink Away The Pain
Wolf Run
Visit From Beyond
Nature's Ally (1)
Nature's Ally (2)
Nature's Ally (3)
Nature's Plot Unfolds
My Beta gives Me Strength
Undeserved Blame
Lies And Excuses
Too Many Lies
Rough Choice
Cheating Nature
Cursed
Fight Fire with Fire

A Remaining Element

23.6K 356 19
By dandan101

Chapter 5

---Damen's POV---

That girl was a piece of work. I couldn't believe that she actually bit me. Didn't she know how to treat her mate?

Still I guess I couldn't expect much better seeing as how she hadn't felt the bond as yet. It didn't matter though because she was mine, whether she liked it or not. I chuckled to myself as I tried to imagine what she would do once she could no longer be able to ignore the bond; it was already proving difficult for me. Last night I walked the length of the forest twice and even then I couldn't get rid of the restlessness that had set in right after I left her house. I was considering a second trip there but I figured she would enjoy the present I left on her doorstep instead.

The wretch deserved everything that my cousins gave him. He had some nerve to have gone looking for a fight, especially when he was nothing but a lone wolf without a purpose. I figure they must have taught him a valuable lesson.

"Damen your dad wants to see us." Riley said, walking into my room.

I sighed then followed him. Hopefully dear old dad would remember that we had school so he wouldn't go on with one of his ancient folklore about times gone and times changing again. That was all he could talk about these days and I was beginning to think that he was slowly becoming obsessed or simply paranoid. We found him sitting on the back porch staring out into the forest.

"My son, how long have you been waiting to finally lead this pack to a great victory?" He asked without looking at me.

My eyes went wide. I had heard that the greatest victory was wiping out the Crimson Maire, nothing could outshine that. "How . . .?"

"It seems that not everyone in the Crimson Maire was destroyed, if you can find them and kill them you will be the name of legends . . .will you accept."

"Yes!" That was exactly what I wanted. No matter where I walked within the pack everyone would know who I was and just what I did. "But how will I know how to find them. . .?"

"The harvest moon is coming up, on that night they are rendered weak and powerless. It would even seem that nature itself turns against them, on that night she'll lead you to them. Just follow your instincts and you'll have no trouble."

Hmm . . .that sounded abit coward-like to attack when the other team  had no way of fighting back but if what dad said about them was true then they didn't deserve to have fair play. I would definitely wipe them out . . .on the night of the harvest moon they would die. . .

---Maia's POV---

For the first half of the day I couldn't find an of the bastards who had hurt Ryder. They were smart to avoid me if that was what they were doing because I was definitely pissed.

---Damen's POV---

I walked through the hall looking for Amber. I needed her to change her mind about not allowing Alexandra unto the cheer team, because I needed to have more access to her. She rounded the corner and I pulled her into my arms with a smile.

"Hey babe."

"Hey you." She said with her own smile before pulling me unto her as she leaned against one of the lockers in the almost empty hall. I played along with it, besides I needed to soften her up abit.

"Listen, why don't you let that Alexandra girl join the team?" I mumbled against her lips. She groaned.

"I don't want to talk about her right now, I don't want her on the team, she gives me a bad vibe." She said now wrapping her arms around me tightly. I sighed inwardly as I remembered the days when this use to entice me. Now all I could think about was Alexandra and how she would feel kissing me instead. I had to hurry this up.

"Aw, but how's about you allow her to join anyway?" I asked as I kissed along her neck. I could tell she was already becoming aroused which meant that I had her. She was so easy. I couldn't help but wonder if Alexandra was that easy but after remembering our previous encounters it was obvious that she was far from it. "Huh? For me?" She began to mumble her complain but I quickly captured her lips again. "Do it for me and I promise you some more tonight." 

She gave of a sigh, "Okay."

I pulled away instantly. "Good, go tell her now so she doesn't end up going home later."

"Can't that wait?" She complained as she tried pulling me to her again.

"I'm afraid not." I said hastily. I didn't need her any longer so she could go. My mind was already set on a new target. . .

---Maia's POV---

"Hey, hey you!"

I turned and saw Amber calling to me from across the hall. I sighed. What could she want? I stopped nonetheless and waited on her.

"What?" I asked as soon as she walked up to me, I had to let her know that I didn't have time to waste.

She sighed and rolled her eyes then I heard her mumble, "I can't believe he's making me do this." What was she talking about . . .? I could see that as she looked at me she did so grudgingly. "Look, the team and I decided that we could use another base so the pyramid can be steady so . . .are you still interested in joining the team?"

"Yes! Ofcourse!" Mom was going to be so happy! I would be able to go home with my head up! This was awesome. I hugged her immediately. "Thank you, thank you so much!" She eased out of my hands and made a disgusted face.

"Um yeah, don't touch me." She said in her stuck up way before walking off. I couldn't help but squeal. I was on the team!---Oh wait . . .EWW!!! I was on the team! I was a nasty cheerleader! Ugh! My mother owed me.

At the end of the day I ran into two of Damen's cousin as they walked down the hall leading to the exit. I didn't even realize that they had until the were almost at the door. Even though it meant being late for practice I still ran after them. They stopped when they realized that someone was following them. I glared at them as I walked over to them. They exchanged puzzled looks.

"Did you sleep with her then leave early or something?" One asked the other.

"I don't think so, did you?" The other asked.

"What? I didn't come over here for that---I didn't sleep with either of you--"

"Then what do you want?" The first asked impatiently.

My glare became even more intense. "You bastards know that you hurt my dog."

"Whoa, what dog? Hey Riley have you seen any mutts around?"

"No, no dogs, but those wolves are just getting fiercer and fiercer. Remember the one that we had to rough up last night?" Riley replied, turning to me with a spiteful smirk. I could feel my expression grow darker. They knew exactly what I was talking about. They took in the expression on my face and their own grew even more spiteful. "Hey was that the dog you were referring to, he seems tame enough to be considered one." The two chuckled as if they got some kind of inside joke. Out of what seemed like pure instinct I pushed the one closer to me.

"Why don't you guys pick on someone you're own damn size?!"

"Oh, like you?" Riley asked as he shoved me against the door. There weren't many people to see because by now half the school had gone home. 

It seemed that the whole slamming people against stuff ran in the whole damn family. The two came closer, their smirks still in place. Riley stroke my cheek and I pulled my head away immediately. Who the hell gave them the idea that they could touch me?

"I mean you obviously seem like the type who can take care of herself."

"You're right and if you don't back off I'll show you just how well I can."

"Heh, are you threatening us."

I was about to answer when I heard: "No, but I am." We all looked to where the voice had come from and saw Damen headed towards us. I heard him growl below his breath as he got to us and stared at his cousins. "Stay away from her. This is your first and last warning." What happened next was strange. The two actually began stepping back slowly while looking like timid dogs and if they had tails they probably would have been between their legs. Neither took their eyes off Damen until they were far enough away, that was when the made a mad dash for the forest. "Hmph." I heard him say before turning to me. "Are you alright?" I shook my head. Why wouldn't I have been? I could have taken them and if he hadn't shown up I would have. "Don't let them do anything to you. You're my mate not theirs. I give you full permission to kick their asses the next time they try something like that."

"Well thank you." I said with a sarcastic smile. "But I don't need your permission to whip their asses. I'll whip yours too if you continue with that crap about mates. Just keep pissing me off and you and your family will see just how well I can handle myself."

He smiled down at me. "I knew you would be different."

"What?"

"Nothing, don't you have cheerleading practice?"

Uh! Crap! I pushed past him and ran back to the gym. Hopefully I wasn't too late. 

Inside they had begun the stretches. I quickly got in with the rest without Amber noticing thankfully. Practice was a breeze for the first half. The whole time I kept wondering what he meant when he said that I was different. It wasn't until the second half that we began the routine.

"Okay so for this we're gonna need some people who actually know what their doing. Little miss does it all, front and centre." I stepped up with a smile. Finally she was realizing just how much of an asset I was to the team. 

"Actually I'm Alexandra, but um yeah what do you need?"

"Did I ask you what the hell your name was?"

Well then . . . "No but my name isn't--"

"Get on your knees!"

"What?!"

She sighed impatiently then shoved me to the floor. "Now, I'm going to show you all this new stunt where one of the more useless people on the team will be the base and all the ones that actually have talent will do this." She walked further away then began running towards me. I was about to get up when she put her foot on my back and did a flip. Everyone was in awe---everyone except me. My back was now killing me. I glared up at her as I was about to get up and saw her smiling, obviously pleased with nailing the flip.

"Amber." Damen called from the stands where he was watching. She looked over at him with her smile still present and he gestured for her to go to him. She jogged over there and the two began talking.

"She's on my team I can do what I want with her." I heard Amber whisper furiously.

"Lay off." 

She flipped her hair and walked back over to us. What the hell was that about? She strut back over to us. "The new routine itself is pretty easy to learn. Start off with your hands on your hips and make sure there's a smile on your face!" She shouted so we could all hear. "Line up in formation!" Everyone shuffled around the room until all Amber's friends were at the front while everyone else was either in the middle row or the back. I rolled my eyes then got up and made my way to the back because apparently 'I didn't have what it took to be a front appearance'. She made her way down the line correcting almost everyone's smile. By the time she got to the second row she had nothing good to say about any of the smiles. I wondered what she would say when she got to me. 

"Stay away from my boyfriend." She whispered as she walked right by me. She didn't even comment on my smile and what the hell would I have wanted with her boyfriend. I felt like setting her straight but this position meant alot to mom so I couldn't. By the end of training I began to realize what barbie went through her entire manufactured life; my cheeks hurt!

Leaving the changing room I ran into just the person I didn't want to see. Honestly, was he stalking me?

"You were great out there today." He said with a smile that I suppose he meant to be breath taking, and honestly if he wasn't himself it would have been. Oh well.

"Thanks but that compliment, much like your permission, is not needed."

He chuckled to himself. What the hell was so damn funny! He had been doing that since this afternoon by the entrance! What was the joke and how was it possible that it was still funny after two damn hours?! I looked at him impatiently waiting for him to explain himself. "I'm just curious as to what you'll do when you finally realize the bond and can't do without me."

"As if! That could never happen! I'm quite fine without you in my life okay so get that disgusting idea out of your head! Please, when would I ever need you. The day that happens I'll personally show up at your house and hand you my virginity." I was that positive that there would be no 'wanting' on my part. He could screw himself because I knew it wouldn't happen. There was just no way.

"Well then I think you should know that I prefer black underwear."

"Not like you'll ever be seeing them." I retorted. Was I the only one who saw just how impossible it was for me to ever fall for someone so chauvinistic and conceited? 

"That's what you say now. Just keep that in your thoughts." He said before walking off. Wow, he deserved a round of applause. . .he actually walked away without kissing me. I guess this was what people called improvement or perhaps it was a case of once bitten twice shy. Whatever the case my method worked and I would use it again if necessary.

Today I didn't plan to walk by the creek on my way home but for some reason I felt drawn to it. Without even realizing how, I actually ended up there. Maybe it was a force of habit. When I got there Ryder was looking down in the water. That would explain why he wasn't waiting for me at the start ofthe forest. Stepping close enough I realized that the reflection in the water didn't belong to him. 

Nala . . .?

The wind began to pick up and the leaves were swirling around in a circle which Nala materialized from.

"This is not the right time but they know." She said.

"What's not the right time? Who knows? A-And what do they know?"

"The Cerulean Mist, they know that there were survivors and they plan to track you down and kill you."

"What?!" I couldn't take on a bunch of werewolves! Not when they had morphed anyway! Why did they even want to kill me? What had I ever done to them. By now I was beyond panicking. "Well what am I suppose to do? I can't fight them, they'll kill me without effort! Please tell me you can do something."

"Peace child, that is why I have made my first statement." First statement? Uh--something about it not being the right time--or--or something like that. How would that help me? No sooner than I thought that thought did the wind pick up again. It didn't take anything with it this time, instead it just howled. Ryder turned to look at me and despite the calm expression that he held as a wolf I could tell that he was just as terrified when a glowing light began to engulf me. The sky had suddenly gotten darker and the wind grew even more fierce, as if a storm were approaching. 

A sharp pain ran throughout my body. At that moment I heard myself howl. What was happening? My head whipped around to where Nala had reappeared and I saw her, seated, looking on calmly. That only worried me more. Another pain ran through me, this one more excruciating than the first. "What's going on?" I panted as the pain went away from a moment. By now my breathing had sped up.

"I have sped up nature. You will not wait another two years because you may not have another two years if things are left to themselves."

"Wha--" Another sharp pang of pain radiated through me, leaving me bent over and gasping. For some reason I felt an extension of myself grow. When I looked I noticed a tail, that was enough to freak me out. I screamed then began begging. "No! Please don't let this happen! I don't want it to--" I was interrupted by the increasing pain. "I don't want it to."

"My child you will surely die if this isn't done. You cannot take on a whole pack while human and it is clear that neither can Ryder."

The next thing I knew I was on all fours. My head was dizzy and I could feel myself wobble as I took a step forward. Somehow I managed to stagger over to the creek. At first I thought that I had been seeing Nala as my reflection until I saw another white wolf appear beside the reflection. S-So that was . . .me . . .? Nala leaned over and licked my face. The scenery began to spin. Everything was getting dark. 

Soon I was gone.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.8M 157K 69
Highest rank: #1 in Teen-Fiction and sci-fi romance, #1 mindreader, #2 humor Aaron's special power might just be the coolest- or scariest- thing ever...
1.7M 17.3K 3
*Wattys 2018 Winner / Hidden Gems* CREATE YOUR OWN MR. RIGHT Weeks before Valentine's, seventeen-year-old Kate Lapuz goes through her first ever br...
110M 3.4M 115
The Bad Boy and The Tomboy is now published as a Wattpad Book! As a Wattpad reader, you can access both the Original Edition and Books Edition upon p...
6.5M 179K 55
⭐️ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴏꜱᴛ ʀᴇᴀᴅ ꜱᴛᴀʀ ᴡᴀʀꜱ ꜰᴀɴꜰɪᴄᴛɪᴏɴ ᴏɴ ᴡᴀᴛᴛᴘᴀᴅ ⭐️ ʜɪɢʜᴇꜱᴛ ʀᴀɴᴋɪɴɢꜱ ꜱᴏ ꜰᴀʀ: #1 ɪɴ ꜱᴛᴀʀ ᴡᴀʀꜱ (2017) #1 ɪɴ ᴋʏʟᴏ (2021) #1 IN KYLOREN (2015-2022) #13...