You're not the only one...

By Story_of_Fate13

Ruka had been abused all her life She got beaten by her own grandparents for reasons sometimes unknown to her... More

1. In order to feel Sorrow... You must first feel Pain...
2. School's not a educational place... Its a torture filled place
3. First comes rain... then comes a storm.
4. Sticks and stones may break my bones... but so can falling from the sky
5. Starting a new life is easy... Forgetting an old one is hard
6. The boy in orange...
7. The water fox... The forgotten memory
8. Is there anything you want to tell me......
9. Becoming a ninja.... Who is that....?
10. My names Naruto Uzumaki
11. Why am I here.....?
12. S-Staring contest?
13. Sasuke?
14. Spending a day with the Uchiha.... Yikes!
15. Ryuku....?
16. Training
18. This was a.... A DATE?!?!
19. Storytime
20. Training starts tomorrow
21. First day of school
22. Transformation Jutsu
23. Graduation exams
24. My 'first kiss'
25. Assembling the team
26. Victim of an eraser attack
27. Kakashi Sensei
28. Survival Examination
29. Starts with a T ends with a K
30. There's no 'I' in Team
31. The start of something new
Bonus Chapter!!!! 31/5. A promise
32. The oath of pain
33. The Copy Cat Ninja and his Misty foe
34. We may be scum for breaking the rules but...
35. The day Ruka was kidnapped
36. Princess Kiyomizu
37. There are still heros
38. Naruto's 'thank you'
A/N: Trivia
39. Feel my pain
40. Not dying without a fight
41. Death never felt so sweet
Bonus Chapter!!!! 41/5. His angel
42. One girl, three doors
43. Everything's going to be ok
44. Gaara
45. Because I'm not scared of you
46. Joining the Chūnin exams.... almost
47. A stranger
48. The beginning of the Chūnin exams!
49. The exam: To cheat or not to cheat
Bonus Chapter!!!! 49/5. A day at the beach (Part. 1)
Bonus Chapter!!!! 49/5. A day at the beach (Part 2)
50. The interview
51. The forest of death
52. The knuckle head ninja joins the fight!
53. Naruto's secret revealed
54. All we have is each other
55. Encounter with the sound ninja
56. Leaf vs. Sound
57. Taking matters into our own hands
58. The day Ruka was kidnapped....again
59. Anything in the world
60. The peliminaries
A/N: Trivia Winner!!
61. The third competitors!
62. My ninja way: Ruka's unbelievable strength!
63. I'm living with who....?
64. Cleaning
65. Prove it
66. A promise
67. I love you
A/N: Almost there!
68. Chūnin exams: The beginning of the end
69. Chūnin exams: The middle of the end
70. Chūnin exams: The end of the end
71. Attack on the Leaf village!
72. A-ranked mission: Retrieve Sasuke!
73. I'm not going to just hurt him....
74. A lot of explaining to do
75. Goodbye Granddad
76. Rescue mission: Two girls, one task
77: Rescue mission: Naoki
78. Rescue mission: The power of Water and Lightning
79. Rescue mission: A prince and a princess
80. Rescue mission: Yuri's spirit
81. Rescue mission: Remembrance
82. Rescue mission: Complete
83. Gone....?
84. The unexpected gift
85. Worth it
86. Our last kiss
Epilogue
A/N: Sequel

17. Ramen with a friend

9.3K 413 99
By Story_of_Fate13

'The greatest prayer is patience'

-Buddha
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

~Ruka's POV~

I slowly opened my eyes and realized I was still dreaming; seeing as I was in a dark and ominous place. That blast.... it must have been harder than I thought. I winced as I sat up from the hard stone ground and rubbed my aching shoulders.

"Tsk, tsk, tsk, so careless."

My eyes widened and I turned around to see Kinase behind me. She was staring at me with those bright blue and black eyes with those eleven needle sharp tails.

The fox.... my fox.

"I wasn't careless" I said shaking my head.

"I'm not an idiot!" Kinase snapped "please do not mistake me for one foolish girl!"

I fell silent and Kinase continued to stare me down with that piercing gaze of hers.

"You need to learn to control our Chakra" Kinase said turning her head and staring at nothing.

Our?

I didn't say anything but I thought about this as Kinase sighed impatiently.

"I can read your mind you know" she said rolling her eyes.

Really?!

"Really" she said confirming my thoughts.

I wish she wouldn't do that....it's rather creepy and strange.

"No it's not" Kinase said creeping me out more.

I sighed deeply; "so that golden Chakra you gave me was yours?"

"Sort of" Kinase said tilting her head "it's about 20% mine and 80% yours."

"What would happen if I used all 100% of yours?"

"Don't."

I stared at her confused as she remained quiet and didn't speak anymore. Don't? Does that mean the results are too horrible to even talk about? I remained quiet and Kinase sighed again as she stared at me.

"Um...." I began, uncomfortable with the silence "why do you have eleven tails?"

Kinase stared at me for a long, long,long time as I nervously shuffled. Did I say something wrong?

"Why do you have two feet?!"

"I was born that way."

"Exactly!"

I gave Kinase a small look of disapproval at her sarcasm; causing her to sigh in frustration and roll her eyes.

"I can't tell you" she said turning her head.

"Well.... why not" I asked shrugging.

"Because I just can't!" Kinase snapped "now shut up!"

I shut up.

There must be a reason why she won't tell me anything. I wonder what that reason might be.

"Is there anything you can tell me" I asked curiously.

"I'm a demon fox" Kinase said "I reside inside of your soul because I have no choice. Your mother put me in here because....I can't tell you. You use to....never mind. You have a brother named Ryuku that....I can't tell you that."

I sweat dropped slightly at her words. She told me stuff I already know. Kinase exhaled deeply and stretched her eleven needle sharp tails.

"Now get out" she said glaring at me "I need to take a nap."

"You always take a nap."

*****

I slowly opened my eyes and rubbed the grogginess out of them as a figure loomed over me.

"Ruka, you're finally awake."

I sat up and looked to see Granddad watching me with a relieved expression.

"It would seem you overused your Chakra" he explained "you should be more careful with that."

"O-Ok!" I said nodding "sorry!"

"You don't have to apologize" he said chuckling "just be more careful."

I nodded and he turned and looked out the window as he stared at someone.

"We'll start training again tomorrow" he said sighing "you should go out and enjoy your day. It is rather nice outside."

I nodded again and left the room as I retreated to my own. Once there I closed the door behind me and sighed deeply. How long have I been asleep? I looked at the time and saw it was only 10:58. I woke up at 6:26 this morning so that means I still have plenty of free time until training tomorrow. I just don't know what to do.

'Perhaps you should stroll through town'  Kinase suggested.

Stroll through town?

Yeah, ok that sounds like a good idea. I've really nothing else to do. I changed into a a short blue skirt with a white shirt and grabbed the left over money Granddad had given me. Time to go now. I left the house and started strolling through town; hopefully I find a cool shop to look around in.

*****

I strolled peacefully through the village as a small breeze whipped through my hair. Granddad was right; it was a beautiful day. It was quiet and it wasn't too sunny to the point where the sun made you sweat harshly. As I was walking the smell of some sort of food wafted into my nose. I stopped in my tracks and closed my eyes as I continued to smell the delicious food.

"Mmm" I said opening my eyes.

I turned my head and saw a ramen shack close by. There was a sign above it that said:

'Ichiraku Ramen.'

Hmm? I've never heard if this place before. Maybe I'll try it out. I walked over to the ramen shop and saw four stools so I sat in one of them and patiently waited. I heard someone sit next to me and I ignored them as a man from behind the counter came over to us.

"Aw!" He said smiling "Naruto! Good to see you m'boy!"

My eyes widened and a blush crept up to my cheeks as I turned to look beside me. I looked straight into Naruto's sapphire blue eyes as he glanced at me and smiled.

"I'm doing good!" He replied "can I get two bowls of beef ramen for me and my best friend?!"

Best friend?! I blushed again as the man chuckled and looked over at me.

"Of course Naruto" he said "I'll make it on the house for you and your girlfriend."

GIRLFRIEND?!

My whole face turned red as a small blush crept around Naruto's cheeks and he frowned.

"She's just....just a friend" he stuttered.

"Yeah...ok" the man said sarcastically, walking off "sure she is!"

Naruto sighed deeply and after a while the blush on his cheeks disappeared as he turned towards me and smiled deeply.

"I haven't seen you in a long time!" He said cheerfully "believe it!"

I bit my lip and said "I could have paid for the ramen myself you know."

Naruto shook his head and chuckled; "no way! Besides we're friends dattebayo! I wasn't going to let you pay for it!"

I turned my head and nodded as a small grin crept onto my lips. Naruto really his my friend huh? It feels good to have a friend that actually cares.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Me: Hey guys! Long time no see! Sorry updates are going slow; school started a while ago and the work is starting to become a burden. I'll try to update as soon as possible though.

Naruto: That's right! Author-chan started high school and is now a freshman so it's tough for her! Believe it!

Ruka: *Nods* Their right. She's trying her best to maintain her school work and story in one tight schedule, so reading the story and giving it a vote means a lot to her.

Me: That's all I really have to say to you guys so I hope you enjoyed the chapter.

Naruto: Story_of_Fate13 doesn't own Naruto.

Me: Later guys!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

23.2K 1.1K 43
(Book One) A red headed girl by the name of Hanabusa has been traveling with her sensei, Rose, for three long years. She has only three years worth o...
57.9K 1.6K 30
KAKASHI X FEM! READER **THIS IS AN 18+ FIC, NO CHILDREN PLEASE** Y/N: When my brother Shisui was murdered, I was pulled out of the Anbu by the third...
224K 8.4K 100
Warning: This is a sequel! If you have not read: 'You're not the only one...' Do so now! --------------------------------------------------------- P...
20.3K 332 37
Naruto and his twin sister Kazumi, are the one of the last Uzumaki and Namikaze's left. Sasuke, is a different story. He doesn't want to seek reveng...