I Followed Fires

By hexelles

"Give me to the road Upon the heart That I had sold Warm my heavy hands My heavy hands For you to hold," ... More

I. Bash
II. Bash
III. Adèle
IV. Bash
V. Adèle
VI. Bash
VII. Adèle
VIII. Bash
IX. Adèle
X. Bash
XI. Bash
XII. Adèle
XIII. Bash
XIV. Adèle
XV. Bash
XVI. Adèle
XVII. Francis
XVIII. Adèle
XIX. Bash and Adèle
XX. Bash
XXI. Adèle
XXII. Bash
XXIII. Bash
XXIV. Bash and Adèle
XXV. Adèle
XXVI. Mary and Francis
XXVII. Adèle
XXVIII. Bash
XXIX. Adèle
XXX. Bash
XXXI. Bash
XXXII. Adèle
XXXIII. Adèle
XXXIV. Adèle
XXXV. Bash
XXXVI. Adèle
XXXVII. Bash
XXXVIII. Adèle
XXXIX. Adèle
XL. Bash
XLI. Adèle
XLII. Adèle
XLIII. Adèle
XLIV. Bash
XLV. Adèle
XLVI. Adèle
XLVII. Bash
XLVIII. Bash
XLIX. Adèle
L. Adèle
LI. Bash and Adèle
LII. Bash and Adèle
LIII. Bash and Adèle
LIV. Bash and Adèle
LV. Adèle
LVI. Adèle
LVII. Bash and Adèle
LVIII. Bash and Adèle
LIX. Adèle
LX. Bash and Adèle
A Note from the Author
LXI. Bash and Adèle
LXII. Bash
Epilogue Pt. II
A Note from the Author (II)

Epilogue Pt. I

3.3K 110 10
By hexelles

The young baby swaddled tightly in his arms remained sound asleep.

Bash observed its tiny, pink face, as he gazed at the newborn intently. A few years ago, he would not have thought he would be carrying a child in his arms, but here he was now, basking in the moment. Adèle sat across him, watching him as he poured all of his attention towards the newborn child that he held so close to him. She was drowning in a plethora of mixed emotions.

Seeing Bash beginning to grow so fond of children was a pleasant sight, as Adèle had not thought he would want to care for a child as much as he did now. She was happy, but her face told a different story. Adèle fumbled around with her fingers nervously, making sure Bash would not see the frown that had set itself upon her lips ever since Bash asked to hold the child in his arms.

When he turned his face to glance and smile at her in excitement, Adèle was forced to put on a strained smile. 

In truth, she was saddened by the sight, everlastingly so. 

For you see, the child was not Bash's. 

And nor was it Adèle's. She had failed to birth a healthy baby, and now they sought after another woman's child to adopt, to replace the child they never had.. and could never have. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

255 25 9
Clara Elmore was fifteen when she saved the wizarding world. The Hero of Hogwarts they'd called her. But could she truly be called a hero if she wa...
8.6M 201K 101
"WHY CAN'T YOU GET IT INSIDE YOUR HEAD?" He trapped my trembling body between his arms and slammed his fist into the wall. I flinch at the sound as I...
2.6K 110 21
What if Sebastian was your soulmate, but Ominis was secretly trying to save your life? • {slow burn friends to lovers, arranged marriage, sacrificial...
5.3K 273 16
In a weird way, your heart would ache whenever you saw Sebastian smile, or whenever you'd hear him laugh. His joy wasn't real. He was clearly confuse...