I Followed Fires

By hexelles

"Give me to the road Upon the heart That I had sold Warm my heavy hands My heavy hands For you to hold," ... More

I. Bash
II. Bash
III. Adèle
IV. Bash
V. Adèle
VI. Bash
VII. Adèle
VIII. Bash
IX. Adèle
X. Bash
XI. Bash
XII. Adèle
XIII. Bash
XIV. Adèle
XV. Bash
XVI. Adèle
XVII. Francis
XVIII. Adèle
XIX. Bash and Adèle
XX. Bash
XXI. Adèle
XXII. Bash
XXIII. Bash
XXIV. Bash and Adèle
XXV. Adèle
XXVI. Mary and Francis
XXVII. Adèle
XXVIII. Bash
XXIX. Adèle
XXX. Bash
XXXI. Bash
XXXII. Adèle
XXXIII. Adèle
XXXIV. Adèle
XXXV. Bash
XXXVI. Adèle
XXXVII. Bash
XXXVIII. Adèle
XXXIX. Adèle
XL. Bash
XLI. Adèle
XLII. Adèle
XLIII. Adèle
XLIV. Bash
XLV. Adèle
XLVI. Adèle
XLVII. Bash
XLVIII. Bash
XLIX. Adèle
L. Adèle
LI. Bash and Adèle
LII. Bash and Adèle
LIII. Bash and Adèle
LIV. Bash and Adèle
LV. Adèle
LVI. Adèle
LVII. Bash and Adèle
LVIII. Bash and Adèle
LIX. Adèle
A Note from the Author
LXI. Bash and Adèle
LXII. Bash
Epilogue Pt. I
Epilogue Pt. II
A Note from the Author (II)

LX. Bash and Adèle

2.9K 96 1
By hexelles

Once they had settled themselves in the carriage, Bash was dying to ask Adèle a million questions.

But she had said no several times over and over, for she did not want to wake Cyril, who was sleeping in her arms. As time began to pass, and both Theo and Cyril fell asleep near them as usual, Bash asked her again, "What happened between you and Kenna?"

Adèle heaved a sigh, and gave a weary smile on her lips. "I had simply told her that we could be friends, and that she should never apologize to me for insulting me when you two were still engaged,. That is all, Bash,"

"Very well, I believe you," he said, for he knew that if he were to keep asking questions, Adèle would become even more vexed by him. "Seems quite funny to walk in your old flame and your betrothed hugging each other in a friendly manner, is it not?"

"How silly," Adèle said, with a childish smile, and then turned to look outside the window of the carriage, staring into the landscape of towering trees in a field of dirt roads and fallen leaves. "I just hope that journey will not be too long. I wish nothing but to return to my old bedchambers, lie on my bed, and.."

"And what, exactly?" Bash smirked.

"And shove you out of my bedchambers to the stables so that you would have to pick up horse dung each morning," she joked. He only gave her a slightly irritated looking smile, for the very thought of horse dung made him awfully nauseous.

"I could always use an assistant,"

"Very funny, Sebastian," Adèle let out a small laugh. "How long is it until we reached Aix-en-Provence?" she groaned, as her fingers ran through her hair, stopping several strands of her hair from falling on to her face.

"Not long, now," he reassured her. "Rest, Adèle. It will do you good,"

"Hm, I did not realise that you were so worried of my health and well-being,"

"I am constantly worried of your well-being, lionheart."

Without a moment's hesitation, Adèle began to fall asleep as her head leaned against the wood. Bash watched her eyes doze off into a long nap, and before he knew it, his eyes had too.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

416K 11.4K 65
''You seriously need to stop calling me your friend,'' Sebastian tells me in a low voice. ''Then what should I call you?'' I ask curiously. My stomac...
5.2K 420 31
Sequel to "Escape from the Witch Hunters" Jack kept walking towards her and Ami kept backing up until finally she hit the wall. "Why are you doing th...
37.3K 341 70
My mother Queen Penelope of Bulgaria once told me that if I were to marry someone royal or noble or just not even royal that I should marry for love...
12.6K 624 30
ENEMIES TO LOVERS SLOW BURN - LOKI X READER MCU/HP AU - COMPLETED This story is set in an alternate version of the Harry Potter universe where Tom Ri...